• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Texas Fight Club- Round 1 IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I'm posting this for the guy actually hosting it. It's a FGC event but the East Texas(read: Tyler) FGC apparantly likes smash. Yay! And they wanna play us all at this event. Which means my scene is probably about to grow :D
This is basically a fest but there will be various $5 tournaments throughout the day. FB Event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/512849285412405/

Rules:
Brawl:These events will go by the standards of the EDITED Unity Ruleset.

Unity Ruleset can be found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

EDITS to the ruleset are as follows:

1. MK is legal in singles AND doubles.
2. There cannot be 2 MKs on one team in 2vs2.
3. The LGL is 50 for all characters and 35 for MK.
4. MK cannot choose RC/Brinstar as a stage under any circumstance.

Melee: Melee Unity Ruleset http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313252

P:M(if held): [collapse=Bowsers Revenge Ruleset]1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”
4. Buffer set to OFF
5. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
6. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
7. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.
8. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.

Singles Stagelist:

STARTERS:
Battlefield, Dreamland, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Yoshi's Story (Melee), Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only), Yoshi’s Island Brawl (Doubles Only)
After the 1st match, each player bans a stage group for the remainder of the set (Players may counterpick a stage from the group they banned, and both players may ban the same group). Alternately, a player may elect to instead ban two stages.

Stage groups;
Group 1: Small Stages
Yoshi's Story (Melee), Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, WarioWare, Metal Cavern

Group 2: Flat Stages
Final Destination, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2, Green Hill Zone, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Group 3: Large Stages
Dreamland, Rumble Falls, Kongo Jungle 64, Dracula's Castle, Skyloft

Group 4: Changing Stages
Port Town Aero Dive, Halberd, Rainbow Cruise, Delphino Plaza, Castle Siege[/collapse]

None smash games idk I'll try to find out.

Loaction:
Geek World(who's Tyler 2 venue) Tyler, TX
410 West Southwest Loop 323

It's easyish to see but kinda hard to find the entrance.
It's right by a windchime shop. The entrance off the loop is a super steep ramp and the entrance off Old Bullard is still accessible by the loop coming from the light.
You'll see what in talking about. Some of you have gone before!

Time:
Feb. 16 11am-9pm
There is no official start time for each event yet. As of right now, plan to arrive before 12pm.

Games:
Every game will be a $5 entry if we have a tournament, and all tournaments pay-out will be 70/20/10.

Brawl(confirmed for a tournament.)
Melee
P:M
UMvC 3 or the newest one whatever that is I only play smash(confirmed for a tournament)
Tekken Tag 2(confirmed for a tournament)
Skullgirls
SFxT new one thing
AE 2012(Confirmed for a tournament)
GGAC+

This is a family store, please watch your language(xeven) thank you!
UPDATE:
I have been given permission to run the smash events at this while the main host will have the final say on issues. Meaning I'm like keitaro and he's Alex Strife.

As of right now, I can not confirm doubles or a side event, but there will be so many games its gonna be hard to get bored.

Please do bring set ups, I mean I could get through 30 entrants on 3 setups in that time frame, since its just singles, but I'd rather not stress about it. However, if 8 Brawl set-ups roll in I'm not using all of them lol.

I'll try to get start times confirmed, but you might as well show up from 11-12 and play friendlies/other games.

Some of the FGC guys want MM's. so prepare yourselves(don't rob em blind tho :/)

Concerning P:M we'll see. I actually doubt we'll have a tourney for it, but I'm trying to get it lined up.

No venue fee, just bring $5 per tourney you want to enter, and then however much for food/MM's/like shopping cause geek world is legit.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Rules for each game.....?

Start times for each event.....?

With there be doubles or side events for melee/brawl.....?

Confirmed venue fee.......?

Dude you really need help making tournament threads if this is how you are doing them. This event looks janky as F if this is all the info you have. Id recommend you delete/erase this thread until you know everything.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
It's 75% fest 25% tourney. There are no tourney rules but I'll probably help the guy run brawl/melee if he needs it.

I'm not involved with hosting this event at all, I'm attending and asked if the host wanted a thread made on here.
My threads for my tourneys will be mad different cause I'll be hosting and make sure every detail is lined out.
I plan my event for the most part before calling the venue lol

:phone:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Sorry?

There's really no more info to put lol as far as I know the host is just saying "welp I'll just start each tourney whenever." Which is likely the case. It's a very casual event.

This thread is more of a save the date.

Denti

Smash Master
So you're making the thread for the guy?

If the guy would like a larger turnout then he is going to have to get up some rules.Those are pretty essential to any smash bros tournaments because our game can be played in many ways. I cannot confirm and I don't think any other regions will confirm unless they know the rules. I'm not really up for driving 2 and a half hours to show up to a free for all and or item tournament. Not trying to nag him but I just cannot confirm on it. Because I really would like to go and I think other regions might too. Also I know the PM scene here would feel the same way.

Did he mention any chance of doubles?

If there is a Facebook event or something I'd like to contact the guy so I could talk to him about the tournament. I would just ask him questions and tell him if he wants a larger turnout then he should come out with some details.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
game and watch, just be the TO for their tournament. i doubt they'd care. since we've held our smash tournies there before.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
The host is Micheal O Harra or something I don't think geek worlds running it.

I'm gonna ask for more details, he'll probably let me make up a rule-set if I ask.

Keys

Smash Cadet
There are a lot of smashers in Texarkana. Don't want to pile up and come if the turnout is low. Are there a decent amount of confirmed players?

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Brawl: 10-12 players from my crew, at least three FGC guys said they wanna play, if I can confirm a good Ruleset, we can likely confirm several DFW and Houston players, probably some Shreveport and the however many Texarkana brawl players.

Melee: less of Tyler plays melee... Probably 3-5 of our crew, at least 3 from the FGC guys, maybe some of the other OoC players, and whoever yalld bring.

PM I have no idea. Half of our crew will just say "nahhhh I don't really care for it THAT much" but they all could say "oooo PM! I'm down!" There's no telling.

DFW def plays PM a lot.

Keys

Smash Cadet
We are more into PM Scene but couple of us can play all three well. Will let you know if we are venturing out in the next few days.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
UPDATE:

I have been given permission to run the smash events at this while the main host will have the final say on issues. Meaning I'm like keitaro and he's Alex strife.

As of right now I can confirm legit rule-sets and probably more entrants than any WT? Event yet, if enough of y'all show up. Denti bring a carpool pls xyro just show like its a fest cause you wanted to do that anyways~

As of right now, I can not confirm doubles or a side event, but there will be so many games its gonna be hard to get bored. I'm still waiting to hear of a venue fee, but that's not mad important cause it'd just be $5 making this a cheap expierience for everyone, with $5 singles, unlikely dubs, and all that.

Please do bring set ups, I mean I could get through 30 entrants on 3 setups in that time frame, since its just singles.

I'll try to get start times confirmed, but you might as well show up at 11am and play friendlies/other games.

Some of the FGC guys want MM's. so prepare yourselves(don't rob em blind tho :/)

Concerning P:M we'll see. I actually doubt we'll have a tourney for it.

Edit: no venue fee, just bring $5 per tourney you want to enter, and then however much for food/MM's/like shopping cause geek world is legit.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Greetings everyone,

I am Michael O'Hara, founder of the East Texas Fight Club series of events. Thank you guys for responding how you have in response to the Round One event on the 16th of February. The reason I deferred running your tournament to someone else is, quite frankly; I do not know a lot about Smash Bros (other than it's a Nintendo Gamecube/Wii game with Nintendo (and other characters in Brawl's case) characters in it. I have plenty of experience running tournaments for fighting games, but outside of a tournament with a sub-standard rule-set I organized for my college's game week this past year, I have no experience as a TO for Smash, which is why I explained the aforementioned.

If you guys have any questions about the environment or the tournaments, please feel free to ask me. If I can't give you a answer, I will find the answer for you. If you're having doubts about coming, ask me and I will do my very best to resolve those. Hell, I may enter the Smash tourney as well!

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
just a real quick update for those of you who don't have facebook:

The smash tournament signups (along with our other games) will start at 1:30pm on Saturday and end at 3pm.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Cant make the tournament unless i can swap shifts with another associate. But i can make it for some friendlies after 7.

Labernash

Smash Lord
UPDATE:

Brawl Doubles is confirmed

Project: M Singles is confirmed over Melee

Bringing a set up will cost YOU $5. If you plan on bringing one, you need extra money. To remedy this, we will be using money out of the Tyler fund to pay for people's setups for them, but Out-of-City/State takes priority on this. We are willing to spend around $20 for setups.

Free pizza will be provided, seriously. #Trish'sCastle

Denti

Smash Master
I don't understand why I am being charged. If Jared wasn't covering my 5$ set up fee I wouldn't be bring one. I was planning on bringing two. I mean if they want us to be at the venue longer sure.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Well, that's just what ETFGC and Geek World agreed upon, apparently.

There will not be a venue fee. Basically, they only charge venue fee if you bring a setup. Although it helps run the events, it costs the venue more money to run, if that makes sense.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I understand, but we have a cache of money set aside for things like this. Like, if the venue charges too much venue fee, we have some zeny set aside so we can waive the venue fee for setups.

It is a little different than normal, but we want all the setups possible to run this. There are a lot of events running and we will be somewhat pressed for time. Speaking of which...

UPDATE: Registration will be open at 11AM for Brawl. This is when the venue opens. -----
---
-----We will start around 12PM, noon.

We are graciously allowed to start earlier than planned, due to the interest in Smash for this.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
It was mentioned to me a few of you have a issue with the setup fees I have in place. Let me attempt to clarify if I can ...

As per the verbal agreement made with our venue in January, the $5 fee mentioned previously covers the electricity costs incurred by Geek World for the duration of the meetup and tournaments. This money goes directly to them to offset this cost, and I'm paying setup fees for out-of-towners and for smash players who have posted on Facebook that they were bringing setups as well.

If you guys have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to either PM me here or on Facebook, or email the club's email: easttexasfightclub at gmail dot com. Those emails should come directly to my phone and I go through them typically during downtime from coursework or during slow times interning at the campus helpdesk Tues-Thurs mornings/afternoons.

Thanks,

Michael O'Hara

Denti

Smash Master
Electricity charge is understandable. It's just going to be a slighter longer tournament with less set ups. But people being inside your store won't cost electricity so I understand the logic.

Looking forward to attending this.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Swap it up Raaaavvveee I want to see dat Ikeeee

Dat Ikeeee beat icecream I mean awww YEAH!

Labernash

Smash Lord
Yeah mang, last Revolution! Icecream says he played friendlies with you.

If you plan on coming to this, hype! MM me! 2$

Keys

Smash Cadet
This was a good time. Good games to all and was good to meet you Dakpo. Adjustments are in progress. Hope to see you all at future tourneys

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Keys I'm going to have to rematch you after my horrid showing against you, just so ya know ;) to bad we didn't get to play more to get a feel for each other.

Oracle

Smash Master
Will there be more of these? Would have brought up a car for pm but me and sethlon were in chicago

Top Bottom