• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FINAL Day: The Super Spirit Bomb - TODAY!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
[rightw]
[/rightw]With only one day left, the Smash community is gearing up to give the final blow to take the last spot at EVO 2013.

Scar, and the rest of the podcast crew of Melee It On Me (MIOM), are preparing The Super Spirit Bomb which features a special 6:00-9:00pm PST event dedicated to several events such as matching donations, raffles, a sneak preview of the new Smashboards website layout, and more!

All of the events are geared for making the largest contribution to the Breast Cancer Research charity with a staggering amount that none of the communities have seen yet!

Skullgirls, the 2nd place contender, is in for a surprise.

How can YOU be a part of The Super Spirit Bomb? (Sorry, but it's not as simple as just lifting your arms... or is it?)

1. Follow our Smashboards Facebook page and be sure to LIKE to receive future updates.
  2. Also tune in to MIOM's Facebook page for live updated news on the Super Spirit Bomb.
  3. Bookmark and subscribe to VGBC's Twitch to see the event!
  4. No money? No problem. SHARE this link with all your friends on Facebook!
  5. Visit MIOM Official Smashboards thread to join in the discussion and see other ways you can contribute!
  6. And if you can: DONATE!

Don't be fooled or get comfortable by any donation leads as ANYTHING can happen during the last day before the donation drive ends.

As a reminder, the charity fund ENDS tomorrow, January 31, 2013 at 11:59 PST (be sure to pay attention to the timezone)!

Win or lose, this is your chance to be a part of one of the largest events that Smash community has ever seen. Members of the community, both old and new, are giving it their all to find ways to contribute for the greater cause of charity and unity. And remember:

Whether you play Melee, Brawl, or 64.
Whether you're young or old.
Whether you're old or new.
Whether you're competitive or casual.
Whether you're a tournament player or an avid stream watcher.
We are ALL Smashers; long live the Smash community!

Let's give 'em hell, boys.

Source: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=15094057

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Please change that to a picture of Kid Buu. Our first Spirit Bomb a few nights ago was the weak-*** one used against Frieza. And the one against Frieza didn't work.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Please change that to a picture of Kid Buu. Our first Spirit Bomb a few nights ago was the weak-*** one used against Frieza. And the one against Frieza didn't work.
If we were focused on canon I don't think the picture of Goku with the Spirit Bomb would be from DBGT.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I agree, change it to kid buu.

Also I like how the Melee community is even calling on the Brawl community to chip in considering they trash talk Brawl all the time........weak

I'll donate, but this petty fight between the two games better stop :/

Sanu

Smash Champion

Also I like how the Melee community is even calling on the Brawl community to chip in considering they trash talk Brawl all the time........weak

You complain about melee players chastising brawl as if all melee players chastise brawl. You're just as bad for generalizing all of us. Weak

:phone:

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
You complain about melee players chastising brawl as if all melee players chastise brawl. You're just as bad for generalizing all of us. Weak

Admittingly I should of said a lot of them hate on brawl so I didn't put them all in the one comment. Though it really annoys me how they ask for donations from Brawl players despite a lot of the Melee community chastise brawl. Its like picking on someone for so long then asking for they're help when you're in trouble.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero

sorry dude, the amount you donate won't make brawl a better game, or convince anyone that it is. If you're offended by us telling you that we hate your game's mechanics, then perhaps you are offended a little too easily, yes?

EDIT: The announcement title should be changed to say today and not tomorrow, anybody not keeping up with this as steadily as some of us might get confused.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
sorry dude, the amount you donate won't make brawl a better game, or convince anyone that it is. If you're offended by us telling you that we hate your game's mechanics, then perhaps you are offended a little too easily, yes?

EDIT: The announcement title should be changed to say today and not tomorrow, anybody not keeping up with this as steadily as some of us might get confused.
I think the thought of comparing, fighting or even having feelings between the two genres is a complete waste of time, just respect each others games and focus on playing whatever genre makes you the happiest. There is a ton of trash talking both ways, this is common knowledge, and at the forefront of smash 4 I'm sure it will be even more different so.. no point in wasting time.

I'm with Black Mantis, Brawl players shouldn't even bother putting money towards Melee at EVO. Donating for Melee has no benefits for anyone other than Melee and Breast Cancer research. DrinkingFood is the reason why I'm absolutely sure of this.

You guys are just being used.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I don't think I said anything there that was necessarily incorrect, why are you so insulted?
fact- there are people who don't like brawl, myself included, and donating money won't make us like it.
fact- telling you we don't like the game isn't attack on you, it's an attack on the game
What did I say to offend you? I don't understand why people constantly look for reasons to take offense.

Guess it hardly matters though. I'm going to stop going off topic, I just wanted to provide something for you to think about. Maybe *gasp* I wasn't personally attacking you.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841

I don't want you guys to think brawl is better, I have no issue that you don't like Brawl I just get annoyed seeing brawl people and the game itself being publicly chastise all the time and the Melee community has the hide to ask the brawl players to donate.

Also I don't see how you think me being annoyed with this makes me offended......

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Then replace the words offended or insulted in my post with annoyed. same thing applies. The reason we ask you to donate is because this is good for you. Exposure for melee is exposure for smash is exposure for brawl. Don't do it if you don't want to. It's a stupid idea to not do so if you can afford it though, regardless of the game you play. Just don't expect the communities to stop arguing if we win. The two have no correlation and, as I said, what you donate and what we win won't change what people who don't like brawl think about brawl.

voorhese

Smash Master
"I'm getting Victor Fontanez and the Team Sp00ky house stream involved as a final spirit bomb for Super Turbo at Evo2k this year. Good luck to all communities but I'm not ****ing around"
- Arturo Sanches

@drinkingfood We know you aren't personally attacking us. You are still proving my point though.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Wow, all these donations man.

One would almost think Breast Cancer was actually something Smashers cared about.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
That's the best thing out of this.
Obviously, we should be more concerned with eliminating breast cancer than Melee.
I'm definitely thankful for all the donations that have gone towards this research don't get me wrong, I just feel as though the Breast Cancer Research aspect is going completely out the window and people are 100% donating for their game alone.

I definitely get and appreciate the competitive gaming aspect of it all, I just hope that everyone who donates takes a second to acknowledge that the money they're donating is going towards something that will positively affect the lives of other human beings. It's an amazing thing.

I'm definitely thankful for all the donations that have gone towards this research don't get me wrong, I just feel as though the Breast Cancer Research aspect is going completely out the window and people are 100% donating for their game alone.

I definitely get and appreciate the competitive gaming aspect of it all, I just hope that everyone who donates takes a second to acknowledge that the money they're donating is going towards something that will positively affect the lives of other human beings. It's an amazing thing.
Breast Cancer Research is still the big winner even if 100% of the competitors here ignored it. Over 100k made? That's phenomenal. Absolutely phenomenal.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Well, there may be a reason for that...
Nonetheless, if that's all you believe, guess it doesn't matter, 'cause melee's going to evo regardless.

Prefecture

Smash Rookie
I'm with Black Mantis, Brawl players shouldn't even bother putting money towards Melee at EVO. Donating for Melee has no benefits for anyone other than Melee and Breast Cancer research. DrinkingFood is the reason why I'm absolutely sure of this.

You guys are just being used.
I don't mind being 'used'. The money supports a good cause -- I honestly can not see how you can chalk any amount spent as a financial loss.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
It's not what I believe. It's what I've seen happen over and over again. When Brawl was announced for MLG back in 2010 Melee players whined to death about it.
But we aren't talking about the melee players, we're talking about the non-players.
The ones who have never picked up a smash game, but might, because of EVO. They aren't already biased. And I'm sure plenty of them will flock to brawl because the FGC mindset is sometimes "newer is better". Truth is, I could hardly care that you don't believe any of this though because it would only show that you reflect the same attitude that you perceive to be shown to you by the melee players.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
I don't mind being 'used'. The money supports a good cause -- I honestly can not see how you can chalk any amount spent as a financial loss.
The money is going to a positive cause, but supporting a community that has done nothing but disrespect, disown, and degrade the other major smash game in the series just doesn't sit well.

DrinkingFood the thing is most non smash players detest both games. They treat melee players like melee players treat brawl players. There are way too many threads I can show that highlight the disrespect amongst the melee community to brawl.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
DrinkingFood the thing is most non smash players detest both games. They treat melee players like melee players treat brawl players.
I don't think that's true, I highly doubt 3.5B+ people have even heard of SSB
Granted I'm taking your sentence and running with it, but the point I'm making is that you're overgeneralizing. Assuming you mean even just something as limited as the fighting game community, I highly doubt you've talked to the majority and gotten more than half to say that they aren't just indifferent, but passionately hateful, towards smash. You appear to have access to information that doesn't exist, so please don't claim to know how many people hate smash. You could say that the sample size you have is accurate, but I do not, because it is naturally going to be biased towards players who hate the game because they are much more likely to speak out against it than somebody who just doesn't really care. Chances are that no, most people don't hate smash. Most people probably haven't given it a second thought really. Are there any subjects or games or movies or songs or anything really that you know that exist that you haven't given enough thought or attention to determine whether you like or dislike it? And do you imagine that the world revolves around these things that you don't think about? No? So imagine the world doesn't revolve around smash- Yes, there are plenty of people who just haven't cared to place smash high in their priority list to think about, who aren't already biased and who don't hate on the game.

Top Bottom