• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EEVOlution

KageMurphy

Smash Master
6711 Ritchie Highway Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Squabbles, Its inside the Glen Burnie mall

Price(Brawl and Melee):
$5 Venue Fee
$10 Teams Entry ($5 per person)
$10 Singles Entry

Event times:
Sign ups will begin at 11:30am sharp, don't **** around with your lateness, we have the WHOLE venue so anyone who came to the last one can tell you how nice it is.

Brawl Rules(standard 3 stock):
Starters:
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
--------------------
Counter picks:
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1

Melee Rules:
Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land
--------------------
Counter Pick:
Pokemon Stadium

Melee Doubles:
Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land
---------------------
Counter Pick:
DK64

General Rules:
Have fun and keep the ignorance to a minimum, there is plenty of space and great places to eat around the venue as it is a mall and all. Come, have fun and bring a friend, preferably one with big ol' boobies.

:017:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Schedule
12:30pm- Brawl Teams
1pm- Melee Teams
2pm- Project:M Teams
3pm- Smash 64 Singles
3:30pm- Brawl Singles
4pm- Melee Singles
5pm- Project:M Singles

PROJECT M AND N64 WILL BE HAPPENING TOO

N64 Rules, Click the link below(Apex)
http://www.apex-series.com/rules/smash64/

Project M Ruleset:
* 4 stock, 8 minutes. In the (very unlikely) case that we are hard pressed for time and don't have enough setups, early bracket matches may be switched to 3 stock, 6 minutes.
* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to "off" and "none."

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
* Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick the last stage he won on in a set.

* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can't be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, Kirby/DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Buffer set to off.
* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.
* Custom music is allowed as long as it's not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.
* If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.
* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO's discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs' Rising Pound and Mario's Up-B Walljump)
* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn't hold up the next match.
* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

Stagelist:
For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1-1-2 fashion. After each match, each player may ban 3 stages. The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story (Melee) (singles only)
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:
All of page 1 of the Stage Select Screen, except SSE: Jungle for singles and Metal Cavern for doubles.

tc1

Smash Lord
Is brawl using the japanese rule set? I only ask because of the limited stage list.

CTL17

Smash Lord
I may have something to do in the afternoon at College Park. Should be here by 4 or 5 if I go. Any CPers can tag along, but have to find another way home.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Don't worry ctl, melee is in my capable hands. I've been keeping close tabs so ill just have wenbo or wenz or hat look at the bracket before its final

:phone:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Japanese stage list is boring. :sadsheep:

Gonna ask my mom about this after ECE. :happysheep:
As long as we can ban one neutral I'm fine with it, though I prefer having Halberd/Delfino :c.

:018:
I actually may put Delfino back as it could be easily banned vs MK if someone desires.

Also, Iota, tell your mom to bring you and stick around, she'll be plenty entertained.
if double mk is legal the stage list is fine, if double mk is banned umm..
Sorry bro, double MK has been banned Nation wide for a year now for a reason, less people will enter regardless of stage list :/

Bones0

Smash Legend
An event within an hour of my house?

Is this real life???

We should use my ruleset for this event. It's simpler than DSR, fixes the issues with replaying stages, and it should also work for Brawl if you guys are doing a 6-stage list.

COUNTERPICKING
1. The winner of the previous game chooses their character.
2. The loser of the previous game chooses their character.
3. The winner of the previous game bans a stage.
4. The loser of the previous game chooses from the remaining stages.
- Random is not a legal counterpick.
- Bans are temporary and do not carry over to the next the game's stage selection.
- Bones's Stupid Rule: A player cannot ban the same stage twice in a row.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Bones no one likes your modified rules. If I don't want to play on Final Destination on a set, I shouldn't have to.

Also I'm not entirely sure when the hell this changed, but who decided Kongo Jungle 64 is no longer a counter pick and we only now have ONE counter pick stage? That is literally the dumbest **** I've ever seen. There is absolutely no justified reason why even Brinstar is no longer there. I'm aware those are the Apex ruleset, but it also happens to be extremely dumb and I hope it doesn't become the community standard. Can you turn on KJ64 and Brinstar as counter picks?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
They're both pretty stupid stages dude -_- don't be salty you can't CP red Sheik on jungle son

Laijin

Smash Hero
They're both pretty stupid stages dude -_- don't be salty you can't CP red Sheik on jungle son
"Stupid stages" doesn't mean there are anything wrong with them. I don't even know why the community decided Rainbow Cruise was bad. This is pretty much a huge load of bull**** IMO. The original banned stages as of 2 years ago(Pound 5) were extremely valid and understandable. Getting rid of Kongo Jungle, a level that has no walls and just floating platforms because of the barrel isn't justified. Neither is Brinstar nor Rainbow Cruise.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Lol, I just copied the Apex stage list for Melee cause a few players I spoke to said that was best to go with.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Lol, I just copied the Apex stage list for Melee cause a few players I spoke to said that was best to go with.

I disagree with it.
IMO go with the ruleset we have been using for years. Add Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar and Kongo 64 to counter picks. This ruleset was also used for the Pound series if I remember correctly.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Could you check the internet at the venue out?

BigWenz

Smash Ace
shhhhhhhhh.

in all seriousness though, the new apex counterpick list is pretty dumb and limiting.

what exactly makes it dumb. ill admit its limiting in the sense that it limits the amount of stages obv. But nothing bout the stagelist is dumb.

Also real talk bones, if i never want to play on FoD i shouldn't have to. And for the record, i do practice on that stage just like all the others but since im better on every other stage, i see no point in having to deal with FoD when I don't have to.

Laijin

Smash Hero
So is your young link
<3

what exactly makes it dumb. ill admit its limiting in the sense that it limits the amount of stages obv. But nothing bout the stagelist is dumb.

Also real talk bones, if i never want to play on FoD i shouldn't have to. And for the record, i do practice on that stage just like all the others but since im better on every other stage, i see no point in having to deal with FoD when I don't have to.
I made a thread about this.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=333814

Bones0

Smash Legend
Bones no one likes your modified rules. If I don't want to play on Final Destination on a set, I shouldn't have to.

Also I'm not entirely sure when the hell this changed, but who decided Kongo Jungle 64 is no longer a counter pick and we only now have ONE counter pick stage? That is literally the dumbest **** I've ever seen. There is absolutely no justified reason why even Brinstar is no longer there. I'm aware those are the Apex ruleset, but it also happens to be extremely dumb and I hope it doesn't become the community standard. Can you turn on KJ64 and Brinstar as counter picks?

Idk how many times I will have to explain this, but my ruleset will result in you playing FD/FoD/whatever stage you hate LESS often than Apex's rule set. You guys can't be this ********, seriously. >.>

These are your alternatives:
- ***** and moan about the Apex ruleset, which is the status quo
- ***** and moan about my ruleset, which is just Apex's ruleset altered IN YOUR FAVOR
- support my ruleset and get one step closer to avoiding the stage that you hate so much

BigWenz

Smash Ace
seriously bones, ur ruleset doesnt seem to lessen that chance. In fact to this day, I do not recall me ever having to play a match on FoD. Also even with 6 stages you can have bans. As long as the DSR used is the one that says you cannot counterpick to the LAST stage you won on. ( i have no idea which is mDSR and regular DSR)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
seriously bones, ur ruleset doesnt seem to lessen that chance. In fact to this day, I do not recall me ever having to play a match on FoD. Also even with 6 stages you can have bans. As long as the DSR used is the one that says you cannot counterpick to the LAST stage you won on. ( i have no idea which is mDSR and regular DSR)
If you ever made it far enough in the bracket to play best of 5 sets you'd probably play on FoD;)

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
lol, I'm going to start advocating Bones's ruleset because I swear he's the only person that knows what he's talking about when it comes to counterpicking and the flaws behind DSRm. Does no one read his ruleset, or do people just not understand the current ruleset?

Real talk, you've never played a match on FoD because you never make it far enough in tournament to play bo5 sets (no I'm not insulting you, but this would be the actual explanation along with your opponents not liking FoD as well) That is, in bo3 sets you get a ban, so you always choose FoD (and you strike it for stage striking), OK that's fine. But what about in a bo5 set? There are NO bans (in most rulesets) so you actually WILL have to play FoD if your opponent counterpicks it. But with DSRm, if they win on your counterpick then they can actually counterpick FoD TWICE.

With Bones's ruleset, you may be forced to play on FoD once in a bo5 set (because you can't ban it twice in a row), but you won't have to play it twice. Keep in mind you still get a ban in a bo3 set, so you won't ever have to play FoD in a bo3.

Edit: lol I didn't see Nintendude's same callout.

Laijin

Smash Hero
But what about in a bo5 set? There are NO bans (in most rulesets) so you actually WILL have to play FoD if your opponent counterpicks it. But with DSRm, if they win on your counterpick then they can actually counterpick FoD TWICE.
What.
I'm 100% sure at every tournament I've ever been to in my life, you can ban in bo5 sets. But you only get one ban. So your statement is inaccurate.

Top Bottom