• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RESULTS: Arizona Bi Weeklies #7

k9.

Smash Ace
Brawl Singles

1.K9 :falco::metaknight: ($55)

2.Silly Kyle:peach: ($30)

3.Air Vault :marth: ($10)

4.Wafty :wario:

5.Ness682 :ness2:

5.Appachi :snake:

7.Moo :metaknight:

7.Smiley :gw::peach:

9.Brush :snake:

9.TommyDerMiester :snake:

9.Meow K :gw::dedede:

9.8-bit :diddy::gw:

Brawl Doubles

1.Moo and Air vault ($52)
2.K9 and Meow K (22)
3.Wafty and Yummy
4.Silly Kyle and Smiley
5.Brush and 8-Bit
5.Sad panda and Appachi
7.Gv7 and Aaven
7.Relic and Ness682

Brawl B bracket

1.Trine :ness2: ($10)
2.Sad Panda :diddy: ($4)
3.Ollie :olimar:
4.Relic :fox:
5.Jake :falco:
5.Baby J :pikachu2:
7.Xerox :rob:

Melee Singles

1.Silly Kyle :peachmelee: ($24)
2.Corigames :samus: ($10)
3.Dook
4.Yummy
5.Jorge
6.KJ
7.God Saw
8.Austun

64 Singles

1.Dook
2.Buddy
3.AJ
4.SLVR
5.Bala
5.Yummy
7.Silly Kyle
7.Pat Maron
9.Relic
9.GV7
9.Xerox
9.Austan
13.Smiley
13.Sam
13.Ness682

Project M singles

1.Silly Kyle :peach: ($34)
2.Falcoty :falco::sheik::charizard: ($17)
3.Enix :ganondorf: ($6)
4.Dook :mario2:
5.Yummy :diddy:
5.GV7 :lucas:
7.Cori :marth:
7.ShallowBTG
9.TommyDerMiester :sheik:
9.Zman :peach::peach:
9.K9 :ness2:
9.Ness682 :ness2:
13.Relic :fox:
13.Burnsy :lucas:
13.Smiley :marth:
13.ADJ
17.Brandon Cheaks
17.Rizner
17.God saw

LOE1

Smash Lord
meh boi wafty breaking the 5th place curse.

now make some money scrub :)

...i really gotta stop stalkin AZ threads

k9.

Smash Ace
Yea jard, and loe no one was at this tourney XD. Yoshiken maize nazo and yummy didn't enter.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Great tourney, even though most of our notable players didn't show up we had a great turnout and had some new faces and talent which was amazing.
I look forward to seeing the new Flagstaff players again.

Minor shoutouts(don't do them often but I enjoyed myself):

K9: Good **** as usual buddy, you had a rough start but I'll always be cheering for you man. Proud of you holding it down for Phoenix.

Silly Kyle: It was great to see you man, thanks for the compliments and always being a badass, solid player in AZ. If only you weren't Tucson and we could team sometime.

Ness682: Had fun messing around with double Ness in friendlies, respect for such a solid Ness dude. Can't wait to play on that level of Ness swag.

Sad Panda: Good games in Amateur Bracket Grand Finals man, especially being the only one really repping that Diddy in AZ.

Moo/Air Vault: Good seeing Flagstaff putting in work, I hope you guys continue to bring the newcomers from Flagstaff, really nice guys and they all have plenty of potential.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Can you edit my name to dookdigity? Just because there is another player named "Dook". I might just change my name all together some time in the future.

I also went :drmario: in melee.

Awesome tournament, everyone! I really had a great time! Thanks Shawn for running and collecting money, Jorge and Alejandro for the venue, everyone for entering Smash 64.

Project M was a blast. Nice to see some new faces and everyone from here and Tucson!

Footage for PM is being uploaded to http://www.youtube.com/azprojectmelee That is a community youtube channel, so if you want to upload PM me on here or on Facebook and I will share the password with you.

See you PM dudes on Wednesday for Smash Lab!

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Damn looked like a really fun tourney. And WTF Moo stop placing so low, you're much better than that.

Shoutouts to Aaven for his kickass new name/name that people won't have trouble pronouncing.

And I can't wait to meet this Appachi fella, 5th place is pretty great for a first-timer.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Man lots of entrants WTF.
Too bad I had no way of going.
Omg ness my boy 5th place... :'] so proud <3
and wafty <3

:phone:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Wario, man...

GGs in every game everyone. Me and Relic had fun. I'm so salty about doubles and I ruined it for me and Kyle. Never playing on that TV again, it's cursed as **** (or racist)

Shoutouts:
1.K9 - Good job coming outta losers. I'm salty about P:M though. I will beat Ness with Bowser. I'ma **** you up when I figure out how to beat PK Fire fuuuuuuuuu- Good friendlies on that TV with no characters wish we could have did more Peach MK. I feel like I learn so much whenever I play you in that matchup.

2.Silly Kyle - Sorry about dubs again. Thanks for driving, not stop being a crusty ***** and play smash with me and Trevor. I'm willing to drive to your place, I just need the practice. Good talks in the car about my awesome tablet ( :awesome: )and legit games.

3.Air Vault - Wow dude good job. I would have really liked to play you. Good games in Dubs though, You guys were such a hard team. Kyle wanted me to go MK but I knew that I had to use Gdubs on you guys... (mainly because mark sucks at fighting Gdubs ;) )

4.Wafty - GGs. Beat me twice. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CAMPED ME.... buuuuuut I'm not salty. You're Wario, that's what he does. Even though I did better with GW i'm still probably going Peach on you I'm just gonna be better and not let you get a lead in the first place. Good comeback waft 3rd game I KNEW THAT WAS GONNA HAPPEN ****ING WARIO. Thinking about it now I shoulda just tried to land on the ledge instead of the bike. If you were anyone else yesterday would have been the day I would have considered picking up some gay character to deal with Wario but since I know you i'm not going to give you that satisfaction, I'm just gonna get better with Peach.

5.Ness682 - GGs, stop being emo and looking at things so black and white. BTW I saw you grab releasing that Lucas. For shame. You officially get no sympathy with any grab releases I do to you if we play :p

5.Appachi - *sigh* GG. Snakes one of my worst matchups at the moment but bring your butt around so I can win next time. I got bracket ****ed really hard having to play you first with first seed... but it was actually really cool because it's nice to play someone good I haven't played before in tourney.

7.Moo - Dude I'm so glad you and greg brought the flagstaff guys i'm so hype to see all of this new talent and you guys building a flagstaff scene. Train those guys up man!

7.Smiley - I tried, no regrets. Until next time.

9.Brush - TUCSON IS BACK! Training starts this week. Genesis 3 here we come!

9.TommyDerMeister - Snakes back! Fun times discussing awesome games and stupid games with you and Relic.

9.Meow K - I dunno what you and Panda have out for me, get lives :rolleyes: GGs in Bracket. The ditto was stupid as always. D3 got kinda iffy towards the end. You wouldn't die and I was trying not to get Utilted. Good job as D3 though, you definitely had me scared on that last life.

9.8-bit - Time to unrust you and brush. Training day draws near.

B-bracket

1.Trine - Good Job winning amateurs. Good to see you, it's been a while. BTW Your pants... they were really "hip". Or "chic" maybe.
2.Sad Panda - :rolleyes:
3.Ollie - GGs man, Man your olimar surprised me definitely come around more... I can't believe I just said that to an Olimar main... You can leave that ***gy character back in flagstaff though (bring the Ike ;) )
4.Relic - Training n-word. Training.
5.Jake - GGs man, pretty good Falco bro. I'm pretty bad at the matchup so its good to have another one so I can get better at it.
5.Baby J - Good games in pools. Glad I could break you getting 2 stock curse XD. The thing about me is I'm a read heavy player and every move I make is based off things I things I think your gonna do, or how your react to situations and like you weren't doing those things you were just using upsmash and I honestly didn't believe you were going to do that every time so I was kinda struggling LOL. You're gonna improve a lot playing with Mark and Greg man I promise you hope to see you months from now doing all kinds of cool Quick Attack cancels around the stage and **** =)
7.Xerox - I woulda played Mario Party 2 =(. Phoenix Comic-Con this year is gonna be awesome man. I'm so pumped!

I'll do P:M shoutouts later

Ness 682

Smash Apprentice
He he, thanks for all the fun times! Possibly the most accomplishing of tournaments so far! Doubles could of gone better, but eh, I've stopped caring about winning doubles since it's not meant to be taken seriously.

No specific order:

Smiley- When I play a G&W, I auto-think that I'm going to lose, and sadly I didn't overcome it this time, as I've lost to possibly every match against one :( I'll make note of that MU and learn it! For once I master it, you can ensure that I will be a much happier person here! Their holding me back man! As for that one match with Lucas and chaingrabbing, I don't care! Brawl is stupid! People need to expect this when they play Ness/Lucas/Wario (among others), I KNOW that I can get chaingrabbed by a lot of characters, I deal with it, I don't mind, so others shouldn't either.

K9- Nice friendlies and matches, I don't know your Flaco, but I did better with your MK, I don't put learning Falco on the top of my list since your really the only one that plays him (but I really should :p)

Lol @ Double Ness at 9th in P:M :p Honestly, I think you should start playing Ness in Brawl (at least doubles), he's a TON of fun!

Silly Kyle- Too bad we didn't play very much, I would of loved to play with you some more, but by the time we were in the middle of our match, you had to do your bracket :p Oh well, maybe next time!

Moo- Even though I did bad in our friendlies, I'm glad to see that I did better against our brackets (though I feel bad that you didn't exceed, I don't know what happened). At this point, I don't know how to feel :/ Ggs otherwise.

Wafty- We had some really awesome pools and brackets! You were outstanding! If I had chosen Smashville instead of Battlefield though, I think I would of stood a much better chance at making 4th ;) Oh well, even if I did win, I'd have to face Airvault, and we all know how well that would of gone :p Had a lot of fun playing with you. But seriously, WE NEED TO DO DOUBLES NEXT TIME!

Airvault- Nice friendlies, even if I couldn't beat your Marth (without chain grabbing), it's still fun to play you for experience! ^^

MeowK: Like I mentioned in Smiley's, I couldn't beat a single G&W while there yesterday, and for that I'm disappointed. I know I could of done better, but I was out of the bracket, and I turned off my serious"ness" after doing so. As I've said, I'm going to try and learn the G&W MU so I won't be so frustrated into not making the pro bracket in pools (because I just barely made it by 1 win :p).

Ollie: It was really nice seeing you! Hope you can come to the next tournament soon! With those new Olimar tactics that you've learned there, your bound to do much better! ^^

Trine (Aaven): I don't care, I'm still calling you Aaven. Awesome :ness: ! ^^ Sometimes I think that purposely getting in the amateur bracket is better if your wanting to make $$ than the pro (at my level). Thanks for the support of saying how great my Ness was, it sure makes me feel better in the long run :) Honestly, I'm glad that there's another Ness player now, it was getting lonely :( Hope to see you improve on that Ness the next time we meet!

Baby J: Yeah, about our pool match where I chain grabbed you....Ummm...Yeah. Unrewarding win as I could of played you without it, but....I don't know. If you were upset by my actions there, I'm sorry.

Rizner: Nice P:M, you really have gotten better :)

Saffy, Maize, Nazo: Sure missed you :( (thanks for the nice comment Saffy! :3)

Overall: A MUCH better time! I wasn't as angry, had fun, came to my senses a lot quicker this time, slight emo (only against G&W's (looking at you Smiley :p)), and placed my current best. Wafty matches were hype (except usually game 3 for both matches).

One-Up

Smash Apprentice
Ness legit ***** me game 1 of pools... that was pretty amazing. Too bad you couldn't save it.. That wii was full of memory!
Also next time AirVault, I WON'T SD. Watch out.. ;)
And Aaven, 8-Bit was a Diddy as well.. he actually made it out of pools.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
And Aaven, 8-Bit was a Diddy as well.. he actually made it out of pools.
Didn't notice that, but I more so meant consistent representation of Diddy.

Props to 8-Bit though for making it into Bracket though. Hopefully we see you around more often again.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
K9 - Doubles was pretty fun, it was a strange feeling getting to GF's. If you ever want to team again let me know!

Silly Kyle - Your Peach is so perfect! Your spacing is just incredible with her!

Air Vault - It was great playing with you. You gave me some really good pointers, I've seen some matches now and I think next time you won't get away so easily.

Wafty - I've dropped D3, so I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll just have to get better and not get hit anymore. Oh and now I don't think I would dair using so many dairs. *groan*

Ness682 Good stuff this tourney! Those matches with you and Wafty were so hype!

Smiley - Those dittos being janky as ever. And I don't have a thing for you, I can't speak for panda.. He probably wants to tie you up and keep you in his trunk, but that's his business..

Brush - That SD in our bracket match :/ Your Snake was pretty good, hopefully you can come next time.

TommyDerMiester - That 1 stock game, oh man.. Too funny.

Meow K - You used D3 this tournament? No... You only used GnW and ROB

8-bit - Did we have the rob dittos? I think so but I dunno.

Trine - Pulling an Ally move? New name, new character. Can't wait for that double ness.

Sad Panda - Work on your banana shenanigans. Also stop killing yourself.

Ollie - It was really nice talking to you and playing you. Hope to see you at more tournaments!

Jake - That 1 stock game was so dumb. I wish we had teamed up on Tommy xD Your falco was pretty good! Try and get the DACUS down and learn some good chaingrab endings.

And my gif of the tournament:

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Add me on Facebook y'all. Victor Maciel.
Which Victor Maciel are you man?

Full name's Aaven Deaver so expect an invite soon. Is NM attending the Lvl Up Expo in NV by the way? I know K9, Austan and myself will be going.

LOE1

Smash Lord
4.Wafty - GGs. Beat me twice. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CAMPED ME.... buuuuuut I'm not salty. You're Wario, that's what he does. Even though I did better with GW i'm still probably going Peach on you I'm just gonna be better and not let you get a lead in the first place. Good comeback waft 3rd game I KNEW THAT WAS GONNA HAPPEN ****ING WARIO. Thinking about it now I shoulda just tried to land on the ledge instead of the bike. If you were anyone else yesterday would have been the day I would have considered picking up some gay character to deal with Wario but since I know you i'm not going to give you that satisfaction, I'm just gonna get better with Peach.
youve been trained well, young one

:wario:

Napos

Smash Ace
Which Victor Maciel are you man?

Full name's Aaven Deaver so expect an invite soon. Is NM attending the Lvl Up Expo in NV by the way? I know K9, Austan and myself will be going.
Not too sure my brother. I know the melee group here is going to EVO, but that's about it.

Top Bottom