• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uniter Of The Worlds: Lloyd Irving for SSB4

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Thanks for N30N for providing the banner!

With NamcoBandai working in the current Smash Bros-title, there's been couple of debates on potential Namco-reps, the forerunner being Pac-Man in means of popularity and support. After him there comes rather numerable reps from other Namco-series like Heihachi from Tekken, KOS-MOS from Xenosaga and even Klonoa from his titular series.

Soon after that, another interesting detail rose up: one of the members in the Namdai development team was announced to be Yos-hito Higuchi, one of the directors behind Tales Of, Namco's popular action RPG series. Within this announcement, one character was quickly pointed at as the forerunner for Tales Of-representation: Lloyd Irving.

Overview

Lloyd Irving hails from from the fifth, and arguably the most popular game of the series, Tales Of Symphonia, for the Gamecube-system. (and rereleased on PS2 in Japan only).
Being young man who's rather unintelligent and brash, but well-meaning idealist, Lloyd set out to unify the worlds of Sylvarant and Tethealla after going through many life-changing events which revealed the true nature behind Journey of Regeneration in which his close friend, Colette was involved with.

Lloyd would wield two swords (preferably The Material Blades, Flamberge and Vorpal Sword) and could be comparable to Marth in means of having a reasonable range and fast attacks. However, him wielding two blades gives him a lot more versatile moves, thus granting him more options to approach his opponents and fighting against them. He also has one projectile, which is something seldomly seen on a swordsman, parring Link.

Why Lloyd?

Tales Of Symphonia has been known as one of the best and most popular RPGs in the Gamecube, with million copies sold worldwide. Along with this a sequel was developed exclusively for Wii and Lloyd has made couple of quest or cameo appearances in not only in other Tales Of-games, but even in other Namco's games (the most mentioned being him a playable quest character Soul Calibur Legends, also for Wii).
With this note, it's not hard to see that Tales Of Symphonia is undoubtedly one of the most well-known cult games on Gamecube, cementing itself well in history on Nintendo. And even then, has also prominent place in Tales Of-series as a whole.

Back in Brawl-days Lloyd's support was rather notable, but it has lowered to some extent due risen support of Pac-Man. Along with this is the fact that fans can't get over who they would wish to see representing Tales Of-series in general due numerable amount of protagonists from many of their main games in the series. But as Yoshi-to had mentioned, only characters viable for the game would be ones appearing on the Nintendo-system, making only Lloyd, Cless (Phantasia), Luke (Abyss), Asbel (Graces) and Ruca (Innocence) viable.
Taking in account of Symphonia's popularity and presence in Nintendo's systems and history, it would be most agreeable to fans to go with Lloyd Irving and Symphonia's representation.

Techs

Demon Fang
  • Lloyd creates a shockwave projectile which travels on the floor, causing damage to anyone that comes in contact with it.
- Double Demon Fang:

If pressing the button rapidly, Lloyd launches another Demon Fang.

• Lloyd thrusts his swords forward. if linked to the end of his other combo-canceable attacks, this attack becomes more powerful in means of damage and knockback.
- Beast
  • Another option, in which Lloyd charges power and launches force in shape of a lion's head which can knock back opponents tremendously. The attack has some amount of startup lag though.
(Could also be Forward Smash)

+

Tempest
  • Lloyd spins in a circle in the air several times, whipping both swords around himself.
    (Could also be his Neutral Air.)
  • Lloyd jumps and slashes his sword twice in the air. If he connects Tiger Blade with an opponent on the ground, this attack would become Tiger Rage, a more advanced technique where Lloyd now slashes the enemy few times and then slams him down.
  • Lloyd stabs the enemy rapidly with his sword. Another attack that is a great combo starter and can link to other potential finishers.
Final Smash: Falcon's Crest
When pressing the button, Lloyd would thrust his sword forward. If it connects, the opponents will be stunned as Lloyd channels energy in his Material Blades. As he focuses, spiraling vortex of blue energy rages up from the magic circle rapidly damaging opponents and trapping them within the circle.

Lloyd then leaps into the air, pausing for a moment to yell out "Divine Justice!" while he combines his two swords into Eternal Sword.
Lloyd then falls back to the ground slamming down the Eternal Sword, while yelling "Falcon's Crest!" thus generating a large, spherical explosion of blue energy which blasts opponents away.

- This causes immense damage and knockback and can potentially KO or at least launch opponents far away in range due the colossal shockwave that occurs during the move.

- 30-45% Damage, high vertical knockback

[collapse= Falcon Crest in Tales of Symphonia (animated)]
[/collapse]

Playstyle

What would set Lloyd apart from other swordsmen is him emphasizing on combo-canceling techniques. In ToS he could link certain attacks to others or even create new techs or artes that were combinations of those attacks. This could be translated to Super Smash Bros 4, in which he'd be able to cancel certain attacks and link them to others.

The way this would be utilized by either cancelling the last hit in moves such as Tempest and Sword Rain, or by cancelling the last 20 frames for Demon Fang:

For example, if you want to use Tempest Beast , you would have to first use Tempest (Up B), then cancel the last hit of Tempest and immediately follow up with Beast (Side B). With this kind of a playstyle, Lloyd would have lots of depth while maintaining his versatility for any players to pick him up.

Lloyd could also use combo-canceling mechanic to perform advanced techniques such as Tempest Thrust, Sword Rain Alpha, Raining Tiger Blade, etc. Here's the potential combo-canceable techniques, all imported from Tales Of Symphonia and translated to Smash Bros:

• Demonic Chaos: Demon Fang x3. Cancel the last 20 frames of the first two Demon Fangs.
  • Sword Rain Alpha: Sword Rain + Aerial Up. Cancel the last hit of Sword Rain and follow up with Aerial Up.
  • Sword Rain Beta: Sword Rain + Aerial Up + Aerial Neutral. Cancel the last hit of Sword Rain and follow up with Aerial Up and Aerial Neutral.
  • Sword Rain Tempest: Sword Rain + Tempest. Cancel the last hit of Sword Rain and follow up with Tempest.
  • Demonic Thrust: Demon Fang + Sonic Thrust. Cancel the last 20 frames of Demon Fang and follow up with Sonic Thrust.
  • Demonic Tiger Blade: Demon Fang + Tiger Blade. Cancel the last 20 frames of Demon Fang and follow up with Tiger Blade.
  • Tempest Thrust: Tempest + Sonic Thrust. Cancel the last hit of Tempest and follow up with Sonic Thrust.
  • Tempest Beast: Tempest + Beast. Cancel the last hit of Tempest and follow up with Beast.
  • Raining Tiger Blade: Sword Rain + Tiger Blade. Cancel the last hit of Sword Rain and follow up with Tiger Blade.
  • Beast Sword Rain: Sword Rain + Beast. Cancel the last hit of Sword Rain and follow up with Beast.
Credits for Kikaru for the playstyle ideas!

Articles

P
resentation

- Stages -

*Work in progress*

- Items -

• Apple Gel
"A gelatin-based medication. Restores 30% of Max HP."

- A standard healing item from Tales Of-series. Apple Gel would differ from other healing items by reducing 30% of your max % damage.

• Lemon Gel
"A gelatin-based medication. Restores 60% of Max HP."

- Essentially a better version of Apple Gel. This is rather uncommon but would be prominent more in harder difficulties of single-player modes.

• Life Bottle
"Water of life. Revives a KO'd ally."

- Can revive a fallen character in Adventure Mode or Tag Mode (provided there's one), but they will have some penalty, such as starting off with a higher percent.

- Music -

• Tales of Symphonia
[collapse="Battle Themes"]

- Fighting of the Spirit -
(Summon Spirit Battle Theme)

( - Here's the original version from Tales Of Phantasia, the first game in the series. -)

- Fatalize -
(Major NPC Boss Theme)

- Keep Your Guard Up! -
(Yuan & Botta Battle Theme)

- Like a Glint of Light -
(Tethealla Map Battle)

( - Remixed Version from DoTNW here
- And Soul Calibur Legends-version here )

- Beat the Angel -
(Cruxis Angels Battle Theme)

- Full Force -
(Sylvarant Map Battle)

(Remixed Version from DoTNW here)

- End Of A Thought -
(Kratos Battle Theme)
[/collapse]

[collapse="Various Themes"]

- Old Familiar Scent of Iselia -
(Iselia Theme)

- Escape from Enemy Base -
(Tethealla Base Theme)

- A Snow Light-
(Flanoir Theme)

- Desert Flower -
(Triet Theme)

- Walking on Tethe'Alla -
(Tethealla Overworld)

- Derris Kharlan Shrine -
(Derris Kharlan Inner Base Theme)

[/collapse]

Suggestions from other Tales-games are welcome!
  • ToS2: Dawn Of The New World
[COLLAPSE="Battle Themes"]

- With Courage -
(Boss Battle Theme)

- The Wilderness of Sadness-
(Final Boss Battle)

(I personally wish these two to become a medley.)
[/COLLAPSE]

Elements

(Things SSB4 could borrow from Tales Of-series)
Extras

• Signatures:
(A swell showcase of how he could play generally in Smash Bros-games. There's even combo-cancealing mechanic implemented. )​

• Snake Codec (By Swampasaur)
Otacon: Ah... You're fighting Lloyd, aren't you Snake?
Snake: The kid with two swords?
Otacan: Yes. Him! He's a powerful warrior who fought to bring two falling worlds together.
Snake: Two worlds huh? Kind of like what I'm in now?
Otacon: Uh... well....
Snake: Maybe I can ask him about this whole thing later. What weapons does he have?
Otacon: Well...he uses the eternal sword. Which is...two swords really. One sword has the power of fire while the other has the power of ice. He's an expert on swordplay so stay on your toes!
Snake: A kid who's good with swords saving the world huh? Where have I heard this before?​

Sylvaranti and Tetheallans
  • Young Horsetail
  • Kikaru
  • Shinpichu
  • Swampasaur
  • Falkoopa
  • Frostwraith
  • CoolDaddyBootyFunk
  • ScoliosisJones
  • Popsydoodles
  • Omega-Smasher
  • .Alone
  • ImaClubYou
  • _Sheik
  • ShyKChan
  • Altais
  • Azure Warrior
  • ImaClubYou
  • Sonic Buddha Ingoro
  • SunnyDust
  • JeremySama
  • kikaru
  • Ryun Sakai
  • BombKirby
  • SmashBros99
  • Gaiablade64
  • Mikegamer0608
  • belmontzar
  • Icedragonadam

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I gotta keep updating the OP with more stuff (like animations and icons) but these come in time. But hope you enjoy what I have to offer now.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Sweetness! This is my most wanted Namco character.

Playstyle stiff looks really good. If I was any good at making movesets, I'd suggest some normals, but sadly I fail at creativity. :(

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Woo hoo! By the way the banner is very well done, thanks N3ON!
Feel free to add or adjust any of these ideas onto the first post so that everyone may see it

Combos Lloyd has access to with the displayed moveset:

Edited.
------------------------------------------
Possible songs to include: (These are just a few of my personal favorites)

Fatalize: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQApJo4TBeY
Fighting of the Spirit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxtPCpPUCdw
Like a Glint of Light: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFWad...DB94F&index=12
Kratos Battle Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVkk8...BC3BB9B38DB94F
------------------------------------

Tales elements that can contribute to the next Super Smash:

Upon use of Final Smash each character would get a cut in: (Currently looking for one video in particular)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3he29gNMgEI

Victory quotes for certain combinations of characters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUEuQvJAlCU

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Many don't really know where to put in most of the other normals but they might come in time. I though bet a alot of them would be his other artes like Rising Falcon (which would be Aerial Down, definitely) or Beast to Forward Smash like I mentioned above.

Kikaru: Sweet! Thanks for providing. I added most of those combo ideas in already but thanks anyway.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Just a small suggestion, but you might want to put collapse tags around that FS gif.

Edit: Thanks very much.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If Lloyd made it in. He would be my main for life.

Sign me up!

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
I think Lloyd has a good chance at being included. Also, Yo****o Higuchi, producer and directorr of the Tales series that is helping with the development of SSB4, said he would love to see Tales characters make their way into SSB4.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I support Lloyd. He's my most wanted Namco character. Having two swords makes him more than unique.

:phone:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hmm... I actually heard from Lloyd first from the Smash Flash fangames... he seems an interesting character, especially because of the dual swords. Bonus points for the fact that each weapon has a different element, meaning more room for attack variety.

Maybe one sword would work more like Marth's sword and the other like Roy's in terms of sweetspots? Just something to ponder...

Oh, and Horsetail, add me to that list! You've caught me interested on the character! Perhaps his game may make its way to the Wii U's VC someday? Would be a chance to try out his game...

I would also like to add that, assuming that Lloyd makes into the game, there's always a possibility for other Tales of characters appearing as Assist Trophies or the ToS-themed stage having music from other Tales games.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Would much prefer Pacman. And Lloyd already has a thread
I now see that it was locked.
:phone:
The topic was rather unimpressing and the OP hadn't even visited SmashBoards since last November. I went to ask for permission from M&S Guy to make a new thread which would represent Lloyd more informatively to ones who don't know him or find him uninteresting.

And like Shinpichu said, if you prefer Pac-Man, then go ahead. But this is a support thread for Lloyd Irving.

Falkoopa: Now that made me think of stance/elemental type switching on swords. Though I don't think that works.

Frostwraith: Wow, thanks! I'm very glad to hear that! I shall add ya too.

I gotta yet get to see Material Blades in action (because I haven't yet got the Eternal Sword in the game) and see if you idea might seem implementable.

EDIT: None had even mentioned I wroted the first word wrong on the topic title. Changed it now. (-;>;- );;

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
"Unique" my ***. :glare:

Because Pit copied him, that's why. :troll:

Tales Of Symphonia: 2003

Super Smash Bros Brawl (Unveil) - 2005

I think the reason why people keep linking Lloyd to dual sword combat is because it's one of his most defining and memorable combat traits. Compare Pit who's more of jack-of-all-trades who might even become more enchanced with that if he loses Palutena's bow for Uprising's weapons.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Apple Gels, Lemon Gels, Life Bottles, and Magic Lens for Story Mode?

The two gels can either heal a flat amount of damage, % amount of current damage, or % HP if HP will be a factor.

The Life Bottle could revive a KO'd character.

Magic Lens would allow you to see the health bar of the boss but would only be required/available on the harder/est difficulties. Playing on lower difficulties automatically unlocks the boss' health bar.

Cool Daddy Booty Funk

Smash Cadet
Tales is an amazing game so I fully support Lloyd in SSB4 as the Namco guest character. Plus his move set in Tales is easily transferable to the SSB fighting style.

Oh, also in your suggested move set, I see it more likely that sword rain would be his neutral A. Plus Hunting Beast has a shock wave so that could be his B down, but it still might be awkward.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
If Lloyd is in Smash 4 I'd definitely play as him a lot. Dem dual swords.

Also in regards of viable tales characters in the OP, Yuri Lowell from Vesperia has been on a Nintendo system with Project X Zone for the 3DS, though I don't know what or how big his role is in that game though.

Rukifellth

Smash Rookie
Hmmm, I'd rather see Martel or someone from Tales of Phantasia (Arche would be a most interesting addtion to see how they'd make her) since Martel is one of the main leads in the sequel to Symphonia, and Smash Bros SERIOUSLY needs more female characters. :S

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hmmm, I'd rather see Martel or someone from Tales of Phantasia (Arche would be a most interesting addtion to see how they'd make her) since Martel is one of the main leads in the sequel to Symphonia, and Smash Bros SERIOUSLY needs more female characters. :S
The whole "Smash needs girls" isn't a very intelligent excuse to add a character, now is it?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I really have become fond of Phantasia (and goshers, Arche is the cutest mage girl I've ever seen!! (~>´A`<~) ).
Martel as a playable though seems farfetched, because I can't see her fighting: she's more of an important NPC to Phantasia and Symphonia. Though who knows if Namco Bandai would do a prequel game showing the Kharlan Four's adventures which could maybe show some indication of her being a fighter (but I digress)

And like Frost said, we don't really see it in a high regard to support characters for sake of them being female, because it seems like they're not appreciate due their character at all: instead they're just shoved in due their gender. Though if anything, some of us agree on that Smash Bros could use more recognizable females, but that's to be seen no.w

If Lloyd is in Smash 4 I'd definitely play as him a lot. Dem dual swords.

Also in regards of viable tales characters in the OP, Yuri Lowell from Vesperia has been on a Nintendo system with Project X Zone for the 3DS, though I don't know what or how big his role is in that game though.
This is rather debatable: there's never cases where we'd discuss about a character be viable in Smash Bros if they appeared in another crossover game on a Nintendo-system. Considering also how many other series from non-Nintendo consoles appear in some of these crossovers...

I mean, if Vesperia was on a Nintendo-console, I think we could talk reasonably about Yuri's chances in Smash Bros. But so far he's on a crossover game which is something unusual. Snake had a game on NES and Gamecube at least. Same for Sonic.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Well I don't actually expect Yuri to be in, I just wanted to mention him since he was technically on a nintendo console (and I'd really love it if he was in the game too).

Anyway on a Symphonia related note. If Lloyd were to make it into the game I hope they get his old voice actor or at least someone better than whoever they got in Symphonia 2. In Symphonia his voice always just made me go "ugh whyyyyyy"

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well I don't actually expect Yuri to be in, I just wanted to mention him since he was technically on a nintendo console (and I'd really love it if he was in the game too).

Anyway on a Symphonia related note. If Lloyd were to make it into the game I hope they get his old voice actor or at least someone better than whoever they got in Symphonia 2. In Symphonia his voice always just made me go "ugh whyyyyyy"
Yuri would be kick-***. Though I have to say, dang he's popular, it's beyond ridiculous. He now overshadows every other Tales Of-protagonist due his cool/badass-factor. (-=^0);

Ah well, we have always Tales Of VS, though that game's mixed to many.

About Lloyd's voice, I'm quite familiar with that issue (makes me think of the whole Sonic's voice actor wars). While I might think they tried to find a voice that fit for grown-up Lloyd, this voice went overboard to some degree (dang it sounds deep). So I agree that they better find someone who'd fit their bill but doesn't overdo like in Dawn Of The New World.

Anyway, here's Swampasaur's Snake codec for Lloyd:

Otacon: Ah... You're fighting Lloyd, aren't you Snake?
Snake: The kid with two swords?
Otacon: Yes. Him! He's a powerful warrior who fought to bring two falling worlds together.
Snake: Two worlds huh? Kind of like what I'm in now?
Otacon: Uh... well....
Snake: Maybe I can ask him about this whole thing later. What weapons does he have?
Otacon: Well...he uses the eternal sword. Which is...two swords really. One sword has the power of fire while the other has the power of ice. He's an expert on swordplay so stay on your toes!
Snake: A kid who's good with swords saving the world huh? Where have I heard this before?

Adding it to the OP. Sorry if I'm not yet adding the music or stage suggestions, I try to first clear the game (quite keeping me in the toes, just kicked Yggdrasill's ***) and I try to do some sidequests before getting the last things done. This is because I try to elaborate or add more to these ideas but I gotta be sure of the sources. (-l<>l-);

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Adding it to the OP. Sorry if I'm not yet adding the music or stage suggestions, I try to first clear the game (quite keeping me in the toes, just kicked Yggdrasill's ***) and I try to do some sidequests before getting the last things done. This is because I try to elaborate or add more to these ideas but I gotta be sure of the sources. (-l<>l-);
Here are some tracks that would fit.

From the first game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxtPCpPUCdw - Fighting of the Spirit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQApJo4TBeY - Fatalize
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFWadiZkA_8 - Like a Glint of Light
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N2tbS9ctbQ - Beat the Angel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnwWPN7evSc - Full Force

From the second game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZnI-EDFGpw - With Courage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWE_KtlVHOg&list=PLDBD2D50563AAD0F5&index=76 -The Wilderness of Sadness

With this as victory music (at least the fist couple of seconds):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDLNEXDpl34&list=PLDBD2D50563AAD0F5&index=17

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Listened some of those tracks from ToS, and that's damn good music... I've heard some of the composer's (Motoi Sakuraba) works before (in Brawl, Mario Golf and KI: Uprising) and he's easily one of my favorite VGM composers.

Back to Lloyd, the whole battle system for Tales (more action oriented) works wonders to make special moves in Smash. I've seen those videos, and it really shows.

After seeing FE: Awakening videos and now seen that GIF showcasing the Final Smash idea, I think I'd be nice to have those "super portraits" appear when performing a Final Smash (while the camera zooms on the character).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
OP now updated with music choices, elements and icons to boot! Loads of work but I hope it'll look nice! Left now is stages, moveset showcase through pictures and arguments + counterarguments.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Feel free to add me in as a supporter. I never played ToS but I think Lloyd looks like a damn cool character.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What if the OP had songs from other games of the Tales of series? Sure, Lloyd would be the representant, but I think that shouldn't stop content from other Tales games to appear in Smash.

Think of the Fire Emblem content in Brawl. We have Marth (FE1 and FE3) and Ike (FE9 and FE10) as characters, while also having Lyn (FE7) as an Assist Trophy. The Castle Siege stage has music from Marth's games (FE1, FE3), Ike's games (FE9, FE10) and from other Fire Emblem titles as well (FE2, FE6, FE7 and FE8).

Likewise, this could apply to the Tales of series representation, by having content from Tales games not starring Lloyd (like Tales of Phantasia or Tales of Vesperia).

Let's also not forget that most of the Metal Gear-related content featured in Brawl had never appeared in a Nintendo console before (like content from MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4).

Taking those points into account, I think they could put Lloyd as a playable character, while having fellow Tales protagonist Yuri (who actually appears on a Nintendo system thanks to Project X Zone for 3DS) as an Assist Trophy, for example.

Another idea is that the eventual stage for Lloyd would mostly have music from his games (all Tales of Symphonia games), but also having music from other Tales games.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
What if the OP had songs from other games of the Tales of series? Sure, Lloyd would be the representant, but I think that shouldn't stop content from other Tales games to appear in Smash.

Think of the Fire Emblem content in Brawl. We have Marth (FE1 and FE3) and Ike (FE9 and FE10) as characters, while also having Lyn (FE7) as an Assist Trophy. The Castle Siege stage has music from Marth's games (FE1, FE3), Ike's games (FE9, FE10) and from other Fire Emblem titles as well (FE2, FE6, FE7 and FE8).

Likewise, this could apply to the Tales of series representation, by having content from Tales games not starring Lloyd (like Tales of Phantasia or Tales of Vesperia).

Let's also not forget that most of the Metal Gear-related content featured in Brawl had never appeared in a Nintendo console before (like content from MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4).

Taking those points into account, I think they could put Lloyd as a playable character, while having fellow Tales protagonist Yuri (who actually appears on a Nintendo system thanks to Project X Zone for 3DS) as an Assist Trophy, for example.

Another idea is that the eventual stage for Lloyd would mostly have music from his games (all Tales of Symphonia games), but also having music from other Tales games.
Well now this just depends on what music we would want from other games. I wish I'd know more good tunes from other games but haven't yet played them which makes things rather difficultish. (-o~o);

Yuri appearing in a crossover seems bit questionable to me still (because like so many other characters would be eligible then too who appeared in that crossover game), but I'm not really against him being an Assist.

Though in the scale of deciding should the whole series be represented, would kinda near the territory of Snake's (and Sonic's?), except I wonder how many people outside of Tales Of-fandom would appreciate it, considering the series' popularity compared to Snake's and Sonic's, and how some games really are just from the other consoles with their own individual storylines. Snake and Sonic had more popularity and them keeping mostly the same cast every game, made them much easier for people to access to.
I mean, Tales Of Destiny-music on a Smash Bros-game sounds rather farfetched to some if they hear it comes from Playstation-game. (I know Snake and Sonic did the same, but at least they still appeared on Nintendo-consoles.)

Due this I'd rather go with the latter choice and preferably with the music from the games that were on a Nintendo-system. At least Phantasia, Abyss and Graces fall into this territory and them being rather popular even today would please considerable amount of fanbase.

But suggestions are welcome!

ScoliosisJones: Added you.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I just heard this song in a Fire Emblem video, but seeing as it's from Tales of Symphonia, I was reminded of this thread.

So, here goes: Tales of Symphonia - Keep Your Guard Up!

As a bonus, here's the original version of Fighting of the Spirit, originally from the SNES game, Tales of Phantasia, the first game of the series, originally released in Japan only in 1995.

Tales of Phantasia - Fighting of the Spirit

I'm really starting to get interested in this franchise... any suggestions for a first game, anyone?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
This be hard. (-l^l-);; It's more of what you can pick up at the moment. I might suggest going with Abyss for 3DS or Graces for PS3. (Though I wonder where to find both.) Symphonia too if ya get your hand into it but I have to admit, the game feels rather aged if compared to today's RPGs.

Frostwraith: And I was so going to try Phantasia, this just had to hit me like truck! BOOM. (So Phantasia really is a sequel to Symphonia, DAMNIT. HOWZ) Why you had to spoil the reveal.. (-;^; )

Adding 'em up.

Top Bottom