• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to EVO: Norcal Regionals (NCR) - ONLINE REG ONLY - April 26th, 2013 - Sunnyvale, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
The organizers of NCR, an EVO qualifier event, have decided to include Melee! This will be one of the only events to get Melee seeding points for EVO; top 16 get points! We will have a 1000 sq. ft. room dedicated to Melee.

Registration is $35 venue and $10 per game. ONLY ONLINE REG IS ACCEPTED. Register at the official site: http://norcalregionals.com/#registration

Hotel info: $89/Night Special Rate at the Domain Hotel. Book here: https://booking.ihotelier.com/istay/istay.jsp?groupID=991233&hotelID=14931

We will use the EVO ruleset and run bracket pools similar to EVO: http://evo.shoryuken.com/evo-player-guide/evo-additional-rules/

Schedule:
Friday, April 26: 9 AM - 11 PM. SHOW UP ON TIME.
Saturday, April 27: Melee bracket top X, TBD. Melee will get time on the official stream.
Sunday, April 28: No Melee.

Will there be doubles? All I know is my gut says maybe...

EQUIPMENT/SETUPS:
99% of setup is being done Thursday night. If you can bring a setup and you're staying in the hotel or nearby, please bring it to the venue on THURSDAY night, or get one of the Melee TOs to pick it up for you.

Revven

FrankerZ
I was wondering when this was going to be posted. I hope every top player makes plans to go to this, this is your only chance now to get EVO seeding points!

Revven

FrankerZ
No one better pass this up, this is THE only way to get seeded for the bracket at EVO; by getting seeding points at Road to EVO events. Otherwise you run the risk of having zero seeding points going into EVO... where it's bracket pools; if you lose once you're in loser's all the way into the actual bracket even.

There's only this tournament and I believe a Canada one (not posted yet) that are left offering seeding points for Melee at EVO. Start planning now.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
If people could post this thread in their various regional FB groups, that would help a lot. Especially note the EVO seeding thing; this and the Toronto tourney are the only places to get seeding points, and the seeding otherwise will be ONLY regional. No seeding -whatsoever- for people we 'know' are good but didn't get seeding points.

I've also been looking to see if the NCR guys have made an official FB event, but I haven't been able to find it. Next time I get in contact with them (next week) I'll get the details from them, might set up an individual Melee @ NCR FB event since that's typically how things go down nowadays.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Can I go just to watch? If so how much will it cost to spectate?

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
Could I get housing if there is any left? I will be coming from Memphis and would need a place to stay. Any takers?

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Come out and support your community. I hope u can make it axe. Got till the 20th to register. Im also entering but I cannot wait to see all the old homies again.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i hope california has been facebook lurking this tournament, it'd be a shame for only like 20 people to show up -__-

Revven

FrankerZ
I'll be horribly disappointed if NCR is seriously under 30 people. I'm kinda worried because KoC2 was set two weeks before is taking away attendance to NCR (mostly OoS attendance though). =\

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
If anybody could give me a place to crash for the NorCal Regionals, that would be great. I really want to make it, I'm coming from Memphis, TN and I can't afford a hotel as well as airfare. If anyone knows of people with housing left, please let them know that HaZarD2kv is looking for a place to stay. I also posted on the regionals official facebook page, please and thank you!

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
If anybody could give me a place to crash for the NorCal Regionals, that would be great. I really want to make it, I'm coming from Memphis, TN and I can't afford a hotel as well as airfare. If anyone knows of people with housing left, please let them know that HaZarD2kv is looking for a place to stay. I also posted on the regionals official facebook page, please and thank you!
I'll ask in the Norcal group and see if we can hook you up.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Anyone looking to split hotel on this? Hazardd2kv, i'm willing to let you stay in my room if i get one and you're cool w/ sleeping on the ground

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
Sweet, I appreciate it bertbusdriver. I have no problems with sleeping on the floor, I can always get a good night sleep when I get back to Memphis. If you need help paying for the room or whatnot then let me know, I don't have much towards it but any amount would help surely. Please keep me posted on what you need from me man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom