• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kumite in Tennessee 2014 - January 24th-26th, 2014 - Murfreesboro, TN

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Melee Singles entries - 55
Project M Singles entries - 60
Melee Doubles entries - 12
Project M Doubles entries - 15

Melee Singles Top 8
1st - Mew2King:foxmelee::sheikmelee::marthmelee:
2nd - Chad:pikachumelee::mariomelee:
3rd - Iori:ganondorfmelee::drmario::falconmelee:
4th - Nite:marthmelee::falcomelee:
5th - Soft:jigglypuffmelee:
5th - Jacuzzi Splot (j00t):falconmelee::gawmelee:
7th - Myztek:falcomelee:
7th - Ron-A-Roni:falcomelee:

Project M Singles Top 8
1st - Mew2King :mewtwomelee::foxmelee:
2nd - Chad :zerosuitsamus::mariomelee:
3rd - Iori :link2::falcon:
4th - Nite :wolf::marthmelee:
5th - KOKingpin:ganondorfmelee::dedede:
5th - Mr. Pickle:warioc:
7th - PB&J:kirby2::fox:
7th - Jacuzzi Splot (j00t):falcon::gw:

Melee Doubles
1st - Mew2King/Flow
2nd - Chad/Iori
3rd - PB&J/Soft
4th - 2KrunkVillian/Myztek

Project M Doubles
1st - Mew2King/PB&J
2nd - Chad/Iori
3rd - KOKingpin/2KrunkVillian
4th - Flow/Soft

Not bad Tennessee. Not bad.

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm not joot

I am JACUZZI SPLOT

EDIT: GGs to everyone. Had a decent time.

**** Nite (MY LITTLE MAAAAAAAAAN) for sandbagging against me

**** KO for calling my bull**** out in P:M and dunking me

Get wrecked Iori

Last edited:

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
This was a great tournament guys, I'm glad I could come out.

Thanks so much, Pdude, for picking me up to go to this thing. I really appreciate it, man.

And ggs to everyone that I played. Hope to meet you all again!

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys (I went by 'codeman' at the tourney)

Thanks for the great TO'ing KO - it was great to see you again after so long. And thanks to Vandy for running a great tournament.

More shoutouts:

- Ron-a-roni : Thanks for being a cool dude and helping me out. I enjoyed playing you on the stream (first time!) and watching you own with Falco.
- ShmasterLink : Awesome set man, great job clutching it out in the end. Glad I met you and hope you had a good time coming back to your first tourney in a while (just like me =])
- KO : Said it already but it was awesome seeing your again, you do a lot of cool stuff for people - keep up the good work. Maybe we'll meet again one day.
- Kman : Glad we got to play at the tourney, we'll have a get-together sometime in Knox ;P
- OP : Fun sets man, your Samus is great, I enjoyed meeting you.
- M2K : Thanks for playing me, your Mewtwo is insane (goes without being said).
- All other people I played : I am awful with names but I remember faces. This is a shoutout to all those I played and couldn't remember your names. Y'all are awesome =P

I wanted to come out for Smash at least one last time. I'm not sure how my involvement will be in the community, but I wish the best for everyone still workin' hard in it. I went from a noob on the IGN boards in '08 to retiring in '09, and coming back after 4 years because of the Melee resurgence. It's been fun, glad I could spend it with some cool people. Have a good one guys.

j00t

Smash Champion
I know he used Ganon against M2K once and got bopped lol

He also used him against Soft and won

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Had a blast.

Shoutouts to KO for keeping this thing smooth as butter
Shoutouts to Iori for Subway Hype
Shoutouts to Pickle for having the best hype face during my set with M2K
Shoutouts to Kman for bopping me in friendlies with Falcon, plus it's good to finally meet you!
Shoutouts to Tyger for dat Diddy
Shoutout to Ajax and B.Ladd for showing up randomly and beating people in P:M
Shoutouts to Chad for playing some friendlies with me afterwards.

It was great to meet everyone and see my old friends. I learned a lot and I know what I need to work on. Plus, I got the crowd hype for once. :D

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
I posted in the other thread, but I can post here too.

KO - Great job running the tournament man. It went off smooth. Great to see you again, and I promise, I won't be gone for another 3 years. I missed this too much.
Nite - Goes without saying, but dude, I had a great time with you man. We will definitely be playing more now than we have been. Always a good time road trippin with ya. Arbys mindgames ftw.
All my fellow Memphis/INN guys - You know who you are. Always great to see and play you guys. I'm glad we had a good showing at the tournament. GGs to everyone.
All the new people I played - GGs. Always fun to meet new people.
And a very special shoutout to BOOTYTHRILL!!!! - Best gamertag ever!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see everyone again.

Clebus

Smash Journeyman
Thanks KO for running the tournament, it was greeet!
Thanks to everyone for playing me in friendlies and MMs and tourney, ggs
Any chance of getting pools brackets?

j00t

Smash Champion
I honestly had a great time playing top 8 in both games. Although there were definitely nerves there (as there always is, well except in P:M lol), it was honestly the most laid back i've ever been while competing. I got 4 stocked by Chad with my best character, but I moved past it pretty fast and did much better with a character I'm more comfortable with in that matchup.

It kinda sucks losing to Nite after beating him in winners, but his Marth definitely caught me off guard. I learned a lot from that match. (Like I still suck at teching under high pressure). Nite's Marth is definitely one I don't have experience with so it was a welcome change.

I might start playing P:M more. I honestly have played Giant Slow Turbo mode more recently than the regular game, lol. I didn't know a damn thing about Wario before playing that match. Can Wario's bite even throw forward anymore? Pickle only threw me backwards and I DI'd it wrong every time. Also, yeah that forward-b hitbox is huuuuuuuge and threw me off a lot. I'm actually glad it is as big as it is, otherwise it would suck I think.

Anyways I'm kinda rambling in a delirious stupor due to lack of sleep. GGs to everyone I played

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
"2Krunkvillian" here for the shout-outs!!!!

Slink - Good job taking me out in losers dude, that pocket G-Dorf jacked me up something fierce. I need to learn that match up and how to play better under intense pressure. We will be playing more and will get this community back up and running.

-Chad- Thanks for giving me tips this weekend on my match-ups. It really helped against some people and I know I use certain tactics and should play more reserved.....but that style son!

MyZteK/Sublime - It was too fun playing teams like we always do. Our synergy is getting better but it definitely needs more work. We had another great tournament experience as always.

Mr. Pickle - Dude, we are so evenly matched it's ridiculous. You are way better at alleviating pressure though and you play so well under it that I can't help but respect it. Good job making it far, TN went hambone this tournament.

KO - Warlock Punch on stream in tournament, nuff said....... lol. Our synergy was AMAZING! I found my PM partner for tournaments in the future and we are going to hy-rule the f*** out of people in the future. Also thanks for letting us crash at your place.

Alex615 - Dude, you did really good in pools, you just happened to play some match-ups you didn't know. Iori is gonna help you out with that man so don't sweat it and take some notes from Nite. I'm pretty sure we're stealing you slowly from Middle TN, lol.

j00tuzzi Splot - Best match to watch was G&W vs Pikachu. Hands down. Great job making top 5 buddy.

Nite - Still stylin, it's not going to stop anytime soon either and it makes me happy. We need to practice more and get this community up and running. Turns out Memphis isn't that bad at PM either.

Iori - The funnest man to go to tournaments or anything with. Guess you're getting out of retirement and jumping back into the scene. Congrats on top 3 everything.

Soft, Flow, OP, PB&J and Ron-a-roni - Good seeing you guys make it to a TN tournament. Memphis is going to start having some big ones soon and we'll definitely keep in touch. Good job to all of you.

Everyone else - Thanks for making this a good turnout, its you all who make everyone get better at the game.

Also Bob.............you got robbed in PM dude. It truly was the saddest moment at KiT.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Great stuff everyone! This def won't be my last tournament here with you TN peeps, but i'm just sad that it may be the last one i see protoman in for a while ;(
It's been fun meeting everyone else doe!

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Smash Studios recorded all of top 8 in both singles events as well as a ton of doubles stuff too. It will probably be a bit before it makes it up on youtube.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Thanks everyone for coming out. I had a blast!

Hope to see you next year. Any and all feedback is welcome.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
Hi Vandy! One thing I would have preferred would be for pools to be Round Robin instead of the double elimination bracket. I feel with the time allotted, I could see us fitting all the matches in.

I enjoyed the tournament, and the venue was awesome! You did a great job organizing.

Sixfortyfive

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to the Smash side of the venue. Hope things ran as well for you guys as it did for those of us on the other side.

Someone at the stream station had a few questions about my stream setup on Friday that I could never get around to answering at the event, so if that's possible for me to do here, I'd be glad to, so hit me up. I just had to crash early on Sunday afternoon from lack of sleep and coming down with a fierce cold. I don't know how Spooky and all those other guys manage to operate at 100% for an entire 3-day event.

I also heard that this was the first time most of you saw Pokchop at work in the crowd, seeing as how Tekken got put in the Smash room. I hope you enjoyed the show, lol.

Clebus

Smash Journeyman
I think it was slightly higher because more than 50 people entered
but no more than 400 for first

Top Bottom