• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiek should be more broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

KishCubed

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I know shiek is really good. All her moves are really really fast, her priortiy is amazing, she can chain throw most of the characters, her needles can be game deciding if used right, and can also be used to spam, and she has a really cool chain.

But seriously, she could be so much more broken if she would just be able do things like-

1) Chain throw all characters from at least 0% to 100%. If she can chain throw most of the characters, it might as well be all of them so the player is never confused.

2) Have her own shine move like fox's so she can shine and kill people at 0%. (Maybe even falco's too so she can combo if she so chooses)

3) Her up-b move should be instant recover when she lands like foxes. Also it should make her invincible a lot longer, i dont know how many times I've been killed b/c someone hits me out of my up-b move because they hit me when I'm not invincible! Its outrageous.

4) Her fair and bair and uair should have tips equivalent to Marth's forward smash tip. There is no reason they should not have a powerful as tip as his, at least as far as I'm concerned.

5) Her upsmash should execute at LEAST as fast as her downsmash, if not faster. How is she ever supposed to get people in the upsmash tip if it takes so long to execute??? I think nintendo should have thought of this when they made the move.

6) Her tilts should not be crouchcancellable, the worst thing for shiek is when she tries to tilt someone like samus, and samus cc's. Boom, free hit for samus, this should NOT be happening. All her tilts need to go right through cruchcanceling so she can combo everyone like shiek was made to do.

7) The chain should have easier 360 degree movement, I have had people go right around me and hit me from behind so many times its not even funny. Also, the chain should not be able to be DI'd or run into. People can run right through it, or crouchcancel it. What's the point or a chain if people act like its not even there???? Seriously, the chain needs the most work of all her moves. Also, the chain "put away" time should be instant, any real ninja would not take the second or two to put it away, nintendo must have forgot this, which is why it should be changed.

8) Needles need to be able to be fired and charged faster. People always run up and hit me when im charging needles, or trying to needle spam, its SO annoying. Charging should be at least twice as fast, b/c real ninjas don't even charge needles! They just grab a bunch and throw them, no charge time. And they throw them much faster than shiek does, there is no "Needle lag" in real life, there should not be in melee either...
And of course, they need to be more powerful, i mean if a ninja needle hit me in the face, i think i would be saying more than "ow, 2%" in a casual voice.

That's all I can think of right now, if anyone has any more ways on how shiek, or any other character should me more broken post them here.

Rukazor

Smash Ace
Umm... few questions:

1. Why would you want Sheik to be "more broken" when she isn't even broken to begin with? I mean, obviously she is better than most characters, but no character in smash is "broken".

2. What kind of point are trying to make exactly? I could say that Pichu would be better if he didnt damage himself, had a shine, a better projectile and attacks that couldnt be cc'd... or generally the same thing about any character. I dont get it.

3. Uhh... *shrugs* I dont get it.

KishCubed

Smash Apprentice
Lol, yeah your right, she isn't broken now, I should have phrased that better, but she could very easily be broken. And my point is that she should be broken because she's close to it already

Tizex

Smash Journeyman
Sarcasm is wasted on the young.

...Wait, that's not how the saying SHOULD go, people...

Anyway: lol.

nezogib

Smash Apprentice
I think the point that KishCubed was trying to get across was that sheik isn't as good as most people think because sheik was most likely already weakened when the game was under development. Sheik also has more weaknesses than most people believe she/he(could someone please clarify if sheik is a he or she)has.

Kadian

Smash Apprentice
If she can chain throw most of the characters, it might as well be all of them so the player is never confused.
kill people at 0%
because they hit me when I'm not invincible! Its outrageous
i mean if a ninja needle hit me in the face, i think i would be saying more than "ow, 2%" in a casual voice.
How about if every move just exploded? There'd be no crouch-cancelling then.

Sengin

Smash Ace
Originally posted by nezogib
could someone please clarify if sheik is a he or she
she (i mean, zelda transforms into her, how can sheik be a he? o_0)

CORY

wut
BRoomer
and, like all shiek threads, the discussion devolves down to whether shiek is a male or female... i'll just nip it in the bud right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom