• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The real BOWSER CHALLENGE! (not really character specific)

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Well it seems the BOWSER CHALLENGE has been traveling to tournaments. This if for those of you who have never experienced the bowser challenge or are a little confused on what it is exactly.

The premise is simple. You fight 3 bowsers on a team vs you. But here are the rules.

Rules:
1. Team Attack OFF
2. The team of bowsers must be composed of human players...preferably those with above average skill (otherwise it wouldnt really be a challenge now would it?)
3. The player taking this challenge can use any character he or she wishes to use.
4. The battle must take place on Fountain of Dreams. It makes the challenge more difficult for spammers and hit and run techniques. The framerate is ridiculously good when 3 bowsers perform the neutral B.
5. No items.
6. At the end of the match the players 1, 2, and 3 must press X, Y, X respectively. Unless of course player 4, the challenger, wins ( that should never happen though).
7. All bowsers must taunt at the same time after a kill...or do something else of hilarity.
8. Suicides on the bowser's part count as a KO in the favor of the challenger.
9. A team captain is usually chosen for this as it helps the bowsers work in unison to defeat their wimpy, pathetic challenger.
10. 4 STOCKS. No more no less.
11. No time limit as the matches will end in about 2 minutes most of the time.

Now let me explain the purpose of this. The BOWSER CHALLENGE was created by Wolf, Inks, and I to determine who is the BEST IN THE WORLD.

It is preferable that the bowser players be of good skill. They do not necessarily have to play bowser as one of their mains.

It is also preferable that the Challenge takes place at a tournament of decent publicity (Bowser challenges are not as fun if they happen at the cool new magic card/smash tournament taking place at Del Taco). It does not necessarily have to be at the tournament. It can be pre tournament, during the sleep over, post tournament, you get what i mean.

The key to making a bowser challenge great...or merely video worthy is to have all star players take this challenge such as Isai at MOAST, NEO at MLG DC, CJ at Australia, or anyone who the people would like to see get worked for a change. The goal is not to actually win...the goal is to just take as many stocks off the bowsers as you can.

Records that i know of so far:

HugS: 4 stocks
Isai: 5 stocks
Gabe (straight): 5 stocks
Wolf: 4 stocks
Neo: 0 STOCKS sucka (yes he got 12 stocked)
AOB: 4 stocks
Captain Jack: 5 stocks
Dr Drewthedragon: 5 stocks (slutty dsmash peach)

Arash, and a few others have taken this challenge but i am not sure of their records. Ken was about to take it but he was fresh from waking up.

Records should only count if the bowser players were of good skill...I cannot stress that enough. No person who forgets how L cancelling can be useful should have any control over a bowser. Otherwise we are gonna have Mr. "SuperSmashMASTER 187 bling" with the world record. That kinda diminishes the challenge's credibility as a solid way of finding the best player in the world.

This has already been gaining popularity in the East coast, australia, central US, and west coast. Join the party. We have yet to find the character that can best handle the BOWSER CHALLENGE. Perhaps this will help create the TRUE tier list eh?
But seriously...try it out.

Rukazor

Smash Ace
I must say that my personal choice would be either Ganon or Samus. Though I think Samus would get a little owned...

Sounds fun though, maybe I'll try this with my friends.

HugS

Smash Champion
Yes the bowser challenge is going to San Fran MLG. I think Isai will be the captain of the bowser team...cuz he's good at that. Let's just say he's as good at being a Bowser captain as he is at playing melee. Arash wanna be part of the dream team? I sucked at being a bowser so I may join like once or twice on the bowser team.
AOB got 2 stock off a random rest. Its not that hard to just jump in somewhere and hit somthing when you got 3 boswers crowding on a platform.
We have yet to find the best character. My theory is that BOWSER is the only one who can handle it.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, put the ****in CHARACTERS used in he post you anal tubular.... i used ROY and ISAI was a bowser.. KILL yourself nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

roy has like 1 kill move, *****

W.J

Smash Ace
Weaksauce NEO, NO JOHNZZZ SON!, i agree with mike, gannon should be the best to use, since he is very strong, and its such a small stage, then again u could use peach and be a dsmash skank...

DaleG

Smash Apprentice
imo, Ganon, Pikachu, and DK would be the best characters for this , solely because of their insane power. Pika could spam smash attacks (particularly his rsmash and lsmash, the disjointed hitboxes there would own this scenario), followed by thunder, with the occasional arial thrown in there. Ganondorf could also spam smash attacks, as it would be ridiculously easy to plant anything with 3 bowsers charging you. Same thing with DK, his smash attacks are lethaly powerful, and his Down B+Right/Left allows him to stall enemies and slow them down. I hope to try this at Northeast Smashfest, and see if my theories hold true.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i wouldn't say this determines the best player in the country because someone with the best multiplayer abilities might be much worse than the person with the best one on one skills. This is the same reason as why playing against three lvl 9's doesn't help. Although this will determine some skill level, just not the best player in the country.

HugS

Smash Champion
Originally posted by omegablackmage
i wouldn't say this determines the best player in the country because someone with the best multiplayer abilities might be much worse than the person with the best one on one skills. This is the same reason as why playing against three lvl 9's doesn't help. Although this will determine some skill level, just not the best player in the country.
Hahahaha. Flew right past you.
Im sorry to correct you, but this DOES determine best in the world. The random human bowsers and the 3 vs 1 team attack off helps us know who has the most skill. If you dont see that then I am sorry. :)

Dmag...bowser challenge will own you! You can't spam and win. Bowsers are crazy.

No johns neo. Anyway there are some vids up of this challenge. Look it up on the hub.

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
Who wants to be the 3 bowsers that will challenge me! I challenge ANY 3 bowsers! Oh and has anyone ever tried to be Bowser against the other Bowsers?

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Captain Jack got 5 stock off and he used Ganondorf, the name of the australian tourney was @M by the way (australian tournament melbourne). The bowser challenge vid can be found on dc++, just type captain jack bowser challenge into search.

Who Am I???

Smash Ace
Yeah Yoyo glitch might be nice for this. lay trap.....BAIR. Hits all you guys phail. j/k. Ness might be nice for this if you are good with yoyo glitch. Other than that....Bowser might be good at this too....

DarkShark

Smash Apprentice
its not as easy as it looks, esp. if the bowser team is isai (team capt.) arash, and another good bowser. the best thing is if a bowser grabs you and another burns you and the last one dsmashes you, you cant really escape and it is very painful.

Who Am I???

Smash Ace
Maybe. I dunno though. Jigglypuff is easily killed vertically and with Bowser.....wel yea. All Jigglypuuf has to do is miss rest 4 times and he/she is gone.

Ness will be great once the Ness's that know the glitch get good at it. I will probably not be one because well I dont practice enough.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
no, it didn't fly right past me. This proves nothing more than sheer multiplayer skills. Im not saying its a dumb idea i just don't think that it proves who the "best in the world is".

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
and even if you get the rest off, this will just set you up for a down smash and then your dead. what would be the point unless you could get all three everytime?

ANTX

Smash Ace
DK will rock. donkey storm punishes the big dudes, and you can cancel ground pound into a DK storm for dmg, and Ko potential. i might have a bowser challenge strat in my DK ground pound guide.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
I would think that Sheik would be the best cet character wise for this. Is that a bad thing? Her speed is greatly superior to Bowser, and the combos are endless with Sheik. That's my 2 cents.

HugS

Smash Champion
Shiek can never continue the combo with the other bowsers present. As soon as they see the ftilt they go crazy with neutral B's and up B's. This will decide whether shiek will stay top tier or not.

and Omega...yes it does determine who is the best in the world. It is flawless in its execution.

Jiggly puff may be able to get the best record...but it will never win the whole match based on rests alone. No way you are gonna get a triple rest on each stock. But if you do manage...then you my friend...are the best in the world.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i can tell your joking, hugs, just from the lack of support you have for claim. But my bet would go to ganondorf for the sheer kill power. He has many moves that keep the bowsers in the air, like his upair and smash. Also he is very heavy so id say he's the best pick.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
actually Hugs i got 5 kills with jigglypuff. jiggly just seems like the way to go.
and btw that rest was definitely not random, it was carefully planned out.
i got 4 with DK. the upB clears the bowsers out very well but it doesn't rack up the damage quickly enough. peach's downsmash works wonders.

the best was having Isai as bowser captain. "ok guys, wait! calm down!"

dan smith

Smash Champion
Bowser Challenge is tight.

We had a Bowser Challenge at my weekly smashfest today.

The Koopa's switched around so the results don't mean that much but here are the KO counts:

Fox- 2 Koopa KOs
Pika- 2 Koopa KOs
Falco- 2 Koopa KOs
Captain Falcon- 2 Koopa KOs
DK- 2 Koopa KOs
Peach- 2 Koopa KOs
IC- 2 Koopa KOs
Ganon- 5 Koopa KOs
Ness- 5 Koopa KOs

The IC and the Peach were the same person. I am pretty sure the guy who played DK went another round...but I am not sure if he did. He may have gotten more KOs his second time around. (with a different character)

It is also relavent that the first two matches of Bowser Challenge were against the Ganon and the Ness player, so the Koopa team may not have had their strategy down perfectly...although once again...since the Koopa team changed mid challenge this may not be relavent.

2 KOs is fairly consistant....

HugS

Smash Champion
After watching CJ do the bowser challenge and reading Dan's results, it seems to me that Ganon is doing the best so far.

We will find out the truth soon. I will make sure that Eddie takes....the BOWSER CHALLENGE!

Under captain isai of course ("wait, calm down, block...BLOCK")

But ya you are right AOB...jiggly is pretty good at it.

madiaz3

Smash Apprentice
Secret

The real secret is to play as a bowser yourself and blend in.

They will never know!! >_>

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Meh, I still think Peach is probably the best for this.

The platforms on FoD are often at the right level for you to downsmash the bowsers through them (have to watch out for upsmash sometimes).

She is still pretty much immune to edgeguarding (like Jiggly). She is also nigh on impossible to grab if you play her right. You just have to play an evasive game and pick your battles, often hopping from one platform to another before the bowsers can get to you.

That and my Peach is HORRIBLE (I don't even play her), and I still got 5 KO's pretty easily with her...

Just takes a little luck/patience, as long as you avoid getting upsmashed you'll live a while.

Blind

Honorbound
Has anybody of real renown tried it as Fox? I'd think with his shine alone he can try and keep the stage clear of all 3 bowsers at once. Spiking wouldn't be too easy with it, since getting back would be really tricky...

Hmmmmm.... I have to give this one to GW. Bucket that fire and d-tilt the way to victory. It's so obvious :D and for the finish, JUDGEMENT!!! OMG 9'S EVERY TIME. Seriously, that d-tilt would almost give him a shot. Plus the bowser's would be easy to chute, and I'm not joking about that bucket ^_^ Just don't get hit. Ever.
Oh yeah, and bacon spike > bowser 11/10

liam2maps

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this was mentioned before but I had to give the topic a quick skim due to time limits on my internet service. I think this idea is quite a good one.

The problem for me is finding some partners to play against in Melee. Most of my mates own other consoles thus I don't really have anyone to practise against or even get more skilled.

I wish there was some remedy for this because playing the computer often seems boring and a tad predictable. Anyone have any hints.

Again sorry if this has been mentioned but I am extremely tired and my internet is about to die.

Happy Gaming :)

Top Bottom