• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
i had to go against ultimate razor my 2nd round :( then did one match then lost to UTD Zac. it sucked :p but yeah i still had fun. Sry Mr. Doom about ur equipment, thats all very unfortunate :( and wow guys. really cameron did the best he could. i give him props for this whole tourney. I mean if you think about it, its not something thats easily done.

Omnath

Smash Ace
At least he didn't steal money from the tournament and then pass out checks that bounce and eventually run a company out of business. THAT would be something to be worried about. :laugh:

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Although a lot of mess has happened, I still want to thank The Real Inferno for organizing this tournament. A lot of time and effort was put out to make this thing run smoothly. To be honest, I think it ran smoothly, other than all the negative things that has happened. But that's aside from the main point I'm trying to make. Being a TO takes a lot of responsibility.

I rest my case.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
isn't Nowhere, Kansas where everyone in Kansas lives, though, and thus where tournaments should be held?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
The fact that mid seeds (2-4 at this tourney) thought they should get to play the bottom seeds, amuses me since any ****** should realize the bottom seeds are all fighting top seeds so the mid-seeds by default have to fight each other. I don't seed by anything other than pool placing. If you wanted a better seed, suck less. Fino's just butthurt because ASC outplaced him.

I also don't want anyone's pity. But this tournament drained my entire bank account to make people happy. Nobody else has put **** of what I have into it. I had to pay Lain out of my pocket because of the situation with the lockbox. If Fino think he can host a better tournament he's welcome to try I don't really give a ****. But when people were already *****ing about the tournament before it EVEN STARTED YET because they didn't like things, and all the blame just got tossed my way from the get go, while I spent the first 12 hours of the event seeding and running things myself while Steve played friendlies or complained that the McDonald's that I had ordered for him on my friend's own time to get it isn't good enough for him. Yeah, I think I'm gonna be a little pissed. Not to mention people following me around asking inane questions as if I was the only person that could possibly ever ask them and had nothing to get done, delaying the bracket even further. Or Lain complaining about the pay out going to top 5 instead of top 3, or Kit flipping out about his team's seeding or Nicole flipping out over practically nothing, or Mr Doom's stuff getting pop spilled on it, or Steven telling off my Sister (or so she told it to me) over a projection screen when we were being threatened to get thrown out of the venue because we might have had to move it.

That's just a tiny fraction of all the bull**** I've put up with for 3 days (Lain's ability to go home was still in question 11 this morning). I've nothing more to say on it. Anybody who didn't like it can go **** themselves, that's the way it was. Deal with it or run your own tournament.

I'm not after attention, I don't want the stress anymore. I'm no longer donating my time, money, gas, car, house, setups, equipment, or anything else. If it's local, I'll go. I'll ride with someone to a tournament, but I'll not be assisting anyone. Affinity, you're on your own.

Fino

Smash Master
It's possible that he's well within his right to do so? I wasn't there at the tournament, so I don't know what happened, but Cameron has a life other than smash. He can quit anytime he wants, especially if people aren't giving him the respect he deserves for putting on such a huge tournament.

Also, (I don't like speaking for anyone, but...) Steven has a life as well. He has even declared that he's quitting competitive brawl. If you knew what it was like for him, you probably be /agreeing with him instead of worsening the situation by making a post about how the TO can't just quit because there were a few problems.

Cameron is a responsible and emotionally adept person, he's good for the job. But if he needs to move on, then that's his situation and we should just accept this.
Your stupidity surpasses most people I've met, honestly.... don't try to get on a soapbox when you have no clue what you're talking about ;)
Everything you just said... had nothing to do with my post. L2R before talking to me. Also, since when did steven say he's quitting brawl?

Don't be so one sided here. You have to give Cameron some credit because he has to do two things here. Not only does he have to worry about placing seeds correctly but he has to organize the bracket by location. I know there was a lot of commotion because Cameron seeded one part of the bracket by pool placement but that made it to where Lain had to face UTD (round 2) and then Ultimate Razer (round 3) which I believe is unfair. I don't think this has any weight but you were a third seed, not a second. Which is strange because that means it was third seed vs. third seed. I do agree that brackets shouldn't work like that, but it's better than throwing people from the same region together. Which again...happened a lot for Kansas teams. ):
I understand it's hard... but I heard so many people complain it was getting annoying. Also, I was a second seed 4rice. I 2-0'd UTD on my last match tie'ing domo and I for first seed, and we played a set to break the tie. I've gotten conflicting answers on the person I played, he told me he was a third seed... but a couple other people told me he was a second @.@ and two second seeds fighting each other seems stupid (3rd fighting a 3rd is understandable though since there were only 6).
Also, I agree..... kansas seems to have a rep for taking each other out in teams ._.
Fino. **** off.
:laugh:
The fact that mid seeds (2-4 at this tourney) thought they should get to play the bottom seeds, amuses me since any ****** should realize the bottom seeds are all fighting top seeds so the mid-seeds by default have to fight each other. I don't seed by anything other than pool placing. If you wanted a better seed, suck less. Fino's just butthurt because ASC outplaced him.

I also don't want anyone's pity. But this tournament drained my entire bank account to make people happy. Nobody else has put **** of what I have into it. I had to pay Lain out of my pocket because of the situation with the lockbox. If Fino think he can host a better tournament he's welcome to try I don't really give a ****. But when people were already *****ing about the tournament before it EVEN STARTED YET because they didn't like things, and all the blame just got tossed my way from the get go, while I spent the first 12 hours of the event seeding and running things myself while Steve played friendlies or complained that the McDonald's that I had ordered for him on my friend's own time to get it isn't good enough for him. Yeah, I think I'm gonna be a little pissed. Not to mention people following me around asking inane questions as if I was the only person that could possibly ever ask them and had nothing to get done, delaying the bracket even further. Or Lain complaining about the pay out going to top 5 instead of top 3, or Kit flipping out about his team's seeding or Nicole flipping out over practically nothing, or Mr Doom's stuff getting pop spilled on it, or Steven telling off my Sister (or so she told it to me) over a projection screen when we were being threatened to get thrown out of the venue because we might have had to move it.

That's just a tiny fraction of all the bull**** I've put up with for 3 days (Lain's ability to go home was still in question 11 this morning). I've nothing more to say on it. Anybody who didn't like it can go **** themselves, that's the way it was. Deal with it or run your own tournament.

I'm not after attention, I don't want the stress anymore. I'm no longer donating my time, money, gas, car, house, setups, equipment, or anything else. If it's local, I'll go. I'll ride with someone to a tournament, but I'll not be assisting anyone. Affinity, you're on your own.
It's not that I don't understand how seeding works cameron, it's that I'm pretty sure it was two second seeds fighting each other first game... and that's just ********.

Also, I'm more pointing out how you deal with these things in contrast to how they should've been handled. Take the phase 2 incident for instance.... you deal with a LOT of things that way (perhaps minus the threatening to punch their ****ing noses off). I understand you give an effort, you've done a great job in the past (I have venerated your TO abilities on many occasions) but at the same time you have an "I don't give a **** if it isn't something that isn't immediately relevant to me" type of attitude. This is where the problems build. A lot of the issues you listed weren't yours to deal with in the first place. Since they went to you (for whatever reason in their **** crazy mind, it's not your responsibility to get lain home ect), perhaps if you had suggested somewhere where they could get help or some type of action that they could take, things would've been a lot smoother. I know some people went up to you to try to resolve a bracket problem and they said you flat out told them "too bad" - or something to that extent.

This rant is going nowhere, so I'll just TL;DR my thoughts by saying, Cameron.... you're a really good TO. Everyone makes mistakes in brackets though, but your decisions and reactions to people are something that you need to work on. Also you need to stop QQ'ing because things didn't go exactly ideal. Giving up over one instance would be ridiculous.

One last thing cameron... if you were having so much trouble with dealing with everything, why the **** did you not ask for help? From how it sounds to me you thought it would be a brilliant idea to try and do everything yourself! I heard few of these problems being yours until now, all I heard was complaints about brackets and seeding and all that other typical TO things, and I heard nothing from you. Why do you keep it to yourself? You flat out said that there are definitely other people that can help out, but everyone just seemed to come to you..... why don't you get the other people to help out instead of just whining about it and giving up?

this is too frustrating to read / argue right now......... I keep getting lost in thought >:( lol

Also, blargy... hate me if you want - I'm not the person to sit around when things obviously went wrong and just accept it.

~Fino

Omnath

Smash Ace

Your stupidity surpasses most people I've met, honestly.... don't try to get on a soapbox when you have no clue what you're talking about ;)
Everything you just said... had nothing to do with my post. L2R before talking to me. Also, since when did steven say he's quitting brawl?

~Fino
Actually, I think what I said fit pretty well with what I said. You were trolling and I called you out on it. The only thing you managed to do in this last post was call me stupid (which is ridiculous because I and quite a few others consider me to be fairly socially and academically apt) and tell me that just because I wasn't there it means I can't comment on it.

I'll assume **** went wrong, because nothing ever goes as smoothly as people want them to. The problem with you is that you're too inept to realize that there's a time and a place for your comments, especially when it comes to a situation like this. Kansas just lost it's TO and you make it even worse with your malicious comments, congratulations.

Maybe you should L2R Fino and maybe L2Deal with the situation properly before getting on this so-called "soapbox". I know I'm not as in tune with the brawl part of all this, but Cameron IS my friend. Back off before I bring the Fist'o'Pain down on your ***.

And I did say Steven is quitting "competitive" brawl, yet another L2R situation for you. I'm not sure what his plans are, but it's probably safe to assume that he will be focusing more on homework. I can't speak for him though, so you'll have to talk to him about it.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
how much did it cost to get lain here? id be more than glad to help on that one. I realy enjoyed playing him.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
I'm taking a very long hiatus / quitting brawl. I've risen my skill level to a point few can attain and I can go further if I wanted. But at this point I dnt want to. I've seen what competetive playhas turned into and I've lost interest in continuing. I've shown I can get around it but jesus does playing to win really mean playing like that? And I'm not naive enough to believe that it'll be that much better in other games. I'm starting to see how much being the best and winning aren't always synonimous.I've had fun but after watching wat happened to type ex and watchin dphat and lee in teams even though I love dphat and lee much homo lol I jus lose interest when it turns like that. Much love to all you guys I may come back later but idk. And I may have had a broken hand and not been able to play at my max no johns I give infinite thanx to affinity and cam for the tournaments you guys ran. And thank you to all the friends I made in and outta state. Love to all and to all a meta-knight lol laterz

Omnath

Smash Ace
I bet none of you would have the courage to say anything that you just said in your little argument in real life (Except maybe Fino and Cameron).
Yeahhhh.... Apparently you don't know me. I'm really not afraid to say much in person. I'm afraid of heights, that's about it.

MJG

Smash Hero
lil will (i think) did like 3 damage and started planking.
I saw...was pretty sad

@dance: I guess you dont understand why I said that since it is the internet but...I hate how people have to respond to everything just to get th last word in or to be heard (basically what you did there) Ill be expecting a response soon anyways.

@Inferno: I think you did a pretty good job of being a TO. I don't understand much about the seeding and all so I didn't have complains. I played really tough people from the start and I didn't think that would happen (since I took 2nd in pools), but overall, the skill level at this tournament was amazing so yea.. So i guess I will just figure this pools "concept" out and go from there.

Omnath

Smash Ace
@dance: I guess you dont understand why I said that since it is the internet but...I hate how people have to respond to everything just to get th last word in or to be heard (basically what you did there) Ill be expecting a response soon anyways.
I'm a debater, so giving my rebuttal is something I'm use to. I apologize if this is a nuisance to you, it's just natural to me. Also, it's not always that LAST word I'm looking for, it's the BEST. What you said made it feel like you had lessened what I said, it's quite upsetting when I was actually making a good and decent point to him.

I know this is me making the last word again, but I'm just giving myself a chance to defend myself. This is my last post on the boards for a while, so don't chastise me for it, lol.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
I'm taking a very long hiatus / quitting brawl. I've risen my skill level to a point few can attain and I can go further if I wanted. But at this point I dnt want to. I've seen what competetive playhas turned into and I've lost interest in continuing. I've shown I can get around it but jesus does playing to win really mean playing like that? And I'm not naive enough to believe that it'll be that much better in other games. I'm starting to see how much being the best and winning aren't always synonimous.I've had fun but after watching wat happened to type ex and watchin dphat and lee in teams even though I love dphat and lee much homo lol I jus lose interest when it turns like that. Much love to all you guys I may come back later but idk. And I may have had a broken hand and not been able to play at my max no johns I give infinite thanx to affinity and cam for the tournaments you guys ran. And thank you to all the friends I made in and outta state. Love to all and to all a meta-knight lol laterz
dammit if you're quitting than id feel compelled to pick up MK and try to go where you left off.

*edit*
Also, had no idea i attracted so much attention. Again domo, I owe you something for not only researching about the falco thing on yoshi story. Also for your match afterwards.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
falco doesn't have to be gay (i assume gay means laser and side B?). Also, for anybody that knows how i play. I think its best if i played IC's

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
So.... I suck at this game. Who wants to play Melty Blood? Tekken? Blazblue? Guilty Gear? I think I want to get back into traditional fighters again (by again I mean back when I used to play SF2 as a kid).

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Is it time for Coach KY to train his pupils in Blazblue?

I told you guys Brawl wasn't legit. You just had to see it. Andy's had it right the whole time, jus playin friendlies at his house lol. We should of listened.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
the bottom line is that it isn't worth it anymore to travel out of state or take this game super seriously. i know it's an old argument but this game isn't supposed to be taken serious. and some of the stuff at no koast was an example of that. andy is right. always listen to the wise old man in the story!

also SERIOUS question did anyone go today to the venue and clean up or something? mr. doom, degyn, and i were the last people there taking andy's stuff and degyn's tables and...it was a mess. i should have said something earlier but it slipped my mind. although i don't really care if we can never have another tourney there again.

the thread title sounds like a joke lol. steven, KPRs are even more pointless now than before.

in conclusion

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night? I hate to go and leave this pretty sight.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Well... I made 50 bucks yesterday =]

And I think Dom and I got first in the Circuit results for teams (maybe 2nd, idk)
Soooo I'm happy =]

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
I'd like to play METAL GEAR.
Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm sorry a million times over, I am. My memory's been **** lately, with the move, NO KOAST, and work, and many other things occupying my mind. When are good times for me to just stop in and return it? I won't have much time for anything else, and I have to return it before I go.

EDIT:
Also, KY, if you're serious about the Blazblue training, I'm all for it.

Top Bottom