• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
Back in Perth!!! It was 36 degrees at 9pm last night - seems like I just missed a heat wave :p

I'm really tired right now, so I ain't going to read the past x amount of pages... I read enough to see all these people unable to attend the 24th Jan tournament :( I will be able to come, though, if that makes any difference ^^ If there's not enough for a tournament, I reckon it should just be a smashfest with lots of mini novelty tournaments; they seem to be all the rage at the moment :p

In other news, I'm free Thursday arvo this week, and Tuesday and Friday of next week, and am REALLY in need of practice, so let's get some meets happening ^^ Happy to bring people up to my place if they can get here, but I have reliable transportation so it's probably easier for me to come to you :p

Also, NvS guys - did you get estimated numbers for the 31st??? If there's not going to be enough for laser tag, I vote indoor beach volleyball :D

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
It's true_ I thought you had that anyways Marx_? I've got the WAD file still if you want it_ Just make sure you have the updated ****iko's cIOS and Hermes cIOS_
Well, Mic gave me brawl+ on my SD card on saturday, and we weren't sure how to run it, also I had to go unfortunetly before we got a chance to why it wasn't working.

So which programs do I need? Or which update do I use?

Vlade

Social Outcast
Mic would you be able to contact Bringer about it? I'm sure he'd be interested in a Melee tournament :p

And tell him that it's happening for sure, it's the first event I'm gonna run

Alzi

Smash Master
I heard from Jono when he was talking with Bringer one time that he owns his own work place or somthing which pretty much can explain he is a busy man.

It's still good though he still has that melee in him as seen over at sydney when he went even if he did place second thats still good.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
He owns his house, not his own workplace -_- At 23 that'd be an insane acomplishment

Alzi

Smash Master
About his work thing then is it that he works in I.T?

Owning a house at a higher age then 23 is also noteworthy. :p But at 23 yes it is definatly insane.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
owning a house at 23 is still ****ing noteworthy
True. He's in a prety awesome situation. He's got his mortgage, but the people he was renting with are living with him now, so they're basically paying off his mortgage for him.

And what date was it we were looking at laser tag again?

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Back in Perth!!! It was 36 degrees at 9pm last night - seems like I just missed a heat wave :p

I'm really tired right now, so I ain't going to read the past x amount of pages... I read enough to see all these people unable to attend the 24th Jan tournament :( I will be able to come, though, if that makes any difference ^^ If there's not enough for a tournament, I reckon it should just be a smashfest with lots of mini novelty tournaments; they seem to be all the rage at the moment :p

In other news, I'm free Thursday arvo this week, and Tuesday and Friday of next week, and am REALLY in need of practice, so let's get some meets happening ^^ Happy to bring people up to my place if they can get here, but I have reliable transportation so it's probably easier for me to come to you :p
No tournament 24th of Jan, too many people are busy with other stuff+Waicon etc.

I'm free most of the time.

True. He's in a prety awesome situation. He's got his mortgage, but the people he was renting with are living with him now, so they're basically paying off his mortgage for him.

And what date was it we were looking at laser tag again?
31st I believe.

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Yeh alan i said he owns his own house :p But seriously, doesnt he do computer engineering? Cos im pretty sure he went over to sydney to fix the trains. I got this from commentary in one of his tourney vids heh. He must have studied hard to get into that job.

CLAP FOR BRINGER!!

MTGod

Smash Champion
I was gonna do it on the weekend but pete said that we're doing lasertag then
Apparently... We need to get numbers for this - I'm not going to book it unless it's going to happen as I don't want to lose the deposit because we didn't get enough people... I'll start the list again, and keep it open until the 28th - if we don't get enough people for the Laser Tag 9pm-1am session, I'm gonna go ahead and book a different event for the same day, even if it is just a smashfest or something...

CURRENTLY CONFIRMED FOR LASER TAG 31ST JAN @9pm:
North:

South:
Jesse

Owning a house at a higher age then 23 is also noteworthy. :p But at 23 yes it is definatly insane.
Dang, that's good... I'll be satisfied with just having a career that will sustain a rental by the time I'm 23 :p

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Technically Bringer doesn't 'own' a home if he still has a mortgage_ It's good to see his work doing well for him however_

Trill i was looking at getting Darksiders but ended up getting BioShock for the time being_ Can't get something too immersive otherwise i'll never get my uni work done_ Looking at getting it though_

Top Bottom