• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
Hey Alzi, my Link > your Toon link. Now step up your game. Haha.

My Link is slowly getting there, projectile spam is working out good. Pleased I somewhat get good results from maining him.

Fyi, Australia day is overrated. It was fun about 2 years ago.
Im over it.

Alzi

Smash Master
The only good part about it is hot chicks on the beach then again there is always hot chicks on the beach.

I'm going downstairs with brawl step by step.

Jupz you will never win a perth tournament in your life. :p

Alzi

Smash Master
TvC is coming out i will be playing that alot well as much as i can i still have other great games like Okami to finish. I can't make it to Tournaments not until i get a Job or get my P's i can only go to smashfest.

You basically walk down a step everyday that you don't play brawl.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Sorry about offending you Shaya, didn't mean it I was just messing around.

And yeah Australia day is pretty overrated, you go to the foreshore, watch fireworks then enjoy overly crowded transport home =D

Alzi

Smash Master
You haven't even entered the building yet Marx since theres a Metaknight blocking the front door and you keep running into his sheild and getting grabbed. lololololol. <3

The only good Fireworks happen in Asian countrys.

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
You haven't even entered the building yet Marx since theres a Metaknight blocking the front door and you keep running into his sheild and getting grabbed. lololololol. <3

The only good Fireworks happen in Asian countrys.
Metaknights don't scare me, I beat Mugza's metaknight a few times with Link at Jesse's a while ago. Probably the time best I ever played.
I have witness' too.

Btw, use a REAL character you ***. Haha.

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
Me use a real character or Muzga? lol

Beating him in a friendly doesn't really matter much.
Oh get ****ed Alzi.
You only want to hear your opinion being agreed upon.
Its a good thing you shut your mouth IRL.

All you had to say was, "wow nice Marx" or "cool". When really I believed it was a good effort when my Link just happened to scrape through a few times and win against a Meta knight.

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol you know who you remind me of?

Scabe ! ! !

Infact all Link mains have this thing where when they win against someone good they brag about it. ;) Lol. In a joking way ofcourse.

Alzi

Smash Master
Yeah.

Technodeath stick to a main already. :p I want to see you main someone and stick with them forever.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Meta Knight is probably the easiest to win with at a high level given his match up spread + his "ease" of usage.

Otherwise there's no reason as to why he's so overly used and taking so many top spots if there are characters with mostly no disadvantages across the cast either.

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol i could probally beat some people in the scene by just using Metaknights down smash as an attacking move. :p

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Down Smash is of course a good move.

But it definitely not what "makes" meta knight.
Considering his ftilt is:
Faster, longer range, same damage, has better follow ups, less cool down/harder to punish (first hit on shield is significantly harder to punish than dsmash)...

Then there's meta knight's dtilt which is all the above except significantly less damage, even harder to punish, and TRIPS, meaning higher damage follow ups.

Jupz

Smash Master
Meta's Ftilt is a lot easier to punish if the whole thing is shielded, but of course you don't have to commit to all 3 hits. And if they try to punish if you stop after two hits or one, you can follow through (not on reaction obv, but it leads to mindgames). A lot of people just end up mashing side A and do all 3 hits anyway though. Dsmash is actually not that easy to punish because of its higher knockback meaning you get a higher shield pushback.

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
you know why Alzi? because they have to put in extreme effort.
Exactly, thank you techno.

I don't see how Meta knight in comparison to Link is a "harder" character to use. Link is a very hard character to use, one screw up could be fatal to the whole match, screw up with metaknight and there's nothing really holding you back since his moves are of top prioty and consist on no lag + ike's damage.

Blegh, I give up trying to reason anyways.

Alzi

Smash Master
Farfield?
Liverpool?
Paramatta?
Blacktown?
Carenbine? (spelling)

WHERE SHAYA.

Marx Link is definatly harder to learn and use properly then metaknight.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Link just has very terrible matchups which make him so difficult, much like all the low tiers

Jupz please add me to the tourney listings list :) I don't think I can bring any setups though :S But I CAN bring my recording equipment and this time my matches must be recorded!!!

So yeah I ask everyone not to hog it, if you've already had a set recorded then please try and let everyone else have a turn with it if they wish. Hopefully this time I'll be able to do commentary and the matches in one go without having to ****ing sync it at the end. Just gotta figure out dazzle + virtualdub setup.

Top Bottom