• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus' Daughter Dashes Guide, now includes pictures for the SDMSDDSWD!

Nigzel

Smash Ace
The art of the Bomb.

Hello, and the SWD

This Guide is going to contain about everything about what you can do with the bomb in the aspect of the SuperWavedash. You don't know how to use the SWD? OK, the SWD is a way to transport yourself about 18 meters (Final Destination is about 20m). Quite intresting, huh? The problem how small the chance is to sucess it. Let me explain, the BOMB itself is COMPLETLY irrelevant when it comes down to the SWD (and SDWD, SDDSWD, and SDMSDDSWD). But the important of this is (literally) the power in the Bombs Morph frames (When Samus is a ball). When in that mode you can do a certain thing: Float around and being useless, seriously! But, the Morph frames are from the frame 10 (I think it's 10) up to 42. After that Samus will start 'the rising of the monkies'. Now, When you're about to do the SWD, you flick (or tilt) the stick on frame 41 (or 27, 36, 12, etc. if you so want it, the thing is it is flicked (or tiled) on frame 41) in the direction you DON'T want to get one hell of a boost to. ON FRAME 42 YOU DO THE OPPOSITE, you flick/tilt the stick in the way you want to go to. There you go, a very short amount of time. One frame is about 1.67ms. That makes that you have to go left then right in a little more than 3.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The SDWD

Now, the SuperDuperWaveDash will transport you about 25 meters and it's a bit harder to do practical. Remember: The example I will show is the ideal, you can mess up a tiny bit and still go a long way!

First you have to do the SWD. Then hold Down, on frame 46 samus will sit down. On 47 Shield and on 48 Shieldgrab (You can't shieldgrab on 47).

The SDDSWD

The Samus' Daughter Dashes

<The reason why this guide was created, alot of this has to do with the SDMSDDSWD>

THIS IS WHAT SUPERDOODLEMAN REFERS TO AS "Super Wavedash too early"!

It's a whole new way to extend it, some of you might have noticed it, but never really used it. And how to do it? Simple as this; when in morph ball mode you will be able slide a little there, and a little there. Those slides have the same speed as the SWD (speed, not distance in any way). So, while sliding forward and backwards you will actually do small parts of the SWD (Yeah, you do. Shut up.), but you will be stopped the very next frame. That's why you slide so far from the SWD, there are no Morph ball frames after the moving on frame 41 to frame 42. THAT IS WHY THE SWD IS THE SWD!

What can it be used for?

Well, human hands will have it very hard to even gain anything from this technique. Since it's like doing SWD's over and over and over again. It's simple in theory, but the practical part is so much harder. And since the last time I used frames for showing things, it were getting alot of bad criticism, so I made signs =). Every sign has a meaning:

. = stand still
< = going left (> = right)
<- = sliding left (-> = right)
<--- = left SWD (---> = right)

Every sign is counted as a frame.

Ok, for example:

. < -> < -> < -> < -> < --->

I don't know if anyone got that, but theres a total of 11 signs there, which means, this time we started to count from (and with) frame 32 from the bomb. Meaning the first 31 frames is useless in this example. So, once again (same example but with frames, I can't completly outrule them with signs):

. < -> < -> < -> < -> < --->
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

You got it?

Now the speed to do that is inhuman (No really, your controller would burn up like a **** firework. :p)

But what if you get unsynced to the frames?

Like: . < -> < -> < -> < >
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

That would make you unable to do the SWD part of it. Yet you could hold one frame (Waiting so 36 becomes LIKE 35 in THIS example).

Tips on how to get as many Morph frames as possible:

Just standin' on tha' floo' wont' give' ya' much Morph frames.
so, try jumping, and AT THE VERY FIRST FRAME in air, use the bomb. If I dont remember wrong that gives you about 10-15 more morph frames because of the falling part to the ground. Those frames gives a maximum of 7 extra Daughter Dashes (IF I remember right).

Or running of the stage and quickly bomb to get that little distance from the Morph itself, wich makes you land on the stage, with alot of extra frames in Morph Ball mode.

Same as above, but instead, drop from the ledge, jump and bomb.

Another way (and the best way if done perfectly) is to fall through a plattform and at then use the bomb wich makes you go back up in morph ball mode.

Now for the final, known SWD trick. The confuser of Perfect Control 2, the one and only SDMSDDSWD!!!

The SuperDoodleManSamus'DaughterDashesSuperWaveDash is simply AN AERIAL SWD.

SDM himslef call this Rocket Dash... I'll stick to SDMSDDSWD, I found it - my conclusion: Use any of the the two names, SDMSDDSWD or Rocket Dash. They are as Sex kick and Nair!

The reason I put SDM in the name is simple: I had been tracking down the aerial SWD for a month and was about to present it to SDM (as soon as I would have an vid). One morning when he said he found something new with the SDD. It was a 100% sure way to SWD in air by falling of a ledge and bomb with precise timing. I had already found the SDMSDDSWD about a week before him, BUT, I had not fully pinned the frames.

When SDM gave me the frames,my brain started calculate how it would be and how I would find new ways to do and use it. I decided to put SDM in the name, due to that help he gave me to pin it (I knew >how to< but not really >HOW TO<). <3 SDM =)

After that, it took me a little less than two hours of extensive AR-gamplay to track down how to do it from a fully standing position.

Why you go aerial and keep going aerial when you do it:

When you 'charge and release' in the SDDs (left-right, just like the SWD) you alter power. IF YOU DO THIS LEFT RIGHT MOVEMENT OVER A LEDGE YOU WILL GO TO AIR AND STOP. But if you lay a bomb and hold left (in this example) on frame 37 (the frame you land but jumps up a tiny bit) and right on 38, you will SWD in air. The thing is, you normally land again at 38. But if you did that left right movement at a edge that has no ground that will stop you on 38 you will SWD in air.

But that is not the whole truth, you also have to keep left to SWD in air. THAT IS TO TRICK THE GAME TO GIVE THE EFFECT OF NO MORPH FRAMES LEFT, even though there is. If you let go of the stick you will instyanly stop in air and Samus will act like you would normally do (by dropping a bomb in air).

Due to the fact that the SDMSDDSWD is so similar to the SDDSWD you can use the scenarios as dropping trough, running of, jumping etc. to alter more Morph frames. That will give you more time to be transported during in the air.
Let me show you the data SDM gave me:

If you slowly (Lowest of the three walking speeds) walk off the edge and instantly/ASAP hold back to the edge. Then, on frame 18 in air use the bomb, keep holding the stick back towards the stage! On frame 8 of the bomb, Samus will have that tiny little jump (or more likely bounce) on stage. On 9, keep holding back (towards the center of the stage/platform), on 10 hold away. And finally on 11 hold back. The more light you hold, the farther the SDMSDDSWD!

And as seen in PC2, yes, you can go left-right, left-right over an gap like that. :p

Here's some random pictures:

Samus's just standing there, shining with her armor. <_<

Samus decides to try something new, maybe an SWD.

The frame before Samus lands, she changes her mind. And she starts holding right.

But now she changes her mind again, she starts to hold left. >,<'

NONONO, her intuition says to hold right, therefore she change her direction again to right.

BUT HEY, WHAT DID JUST HAPPEN? :)

Yay, but how do I get back? xD

:D

Just a small table of which who discovered the Dashes:

SWD, some dude from Japan. IT WAS NOT Wes, I've spoke to him about this matter. He said he picked it up from a Japaneese guy who used it for fun.

SDWD, SuperDoodleMan.

SDDSWD, Nigzel.

SDMSDDSWD, Nigzel. Pinned by help from SuperDoodleMan

(Oh yeah, and the normal WD: Kamal)

I think this is the end of this guide. Do not copy this, nor use this on a site without my permission. So far only Smashboards.com (SWF) and the Pwncak3s (currently at www.freewebs.com/Pwncak3s) site are allowed to have this guide. Ask and I will most likely allow you too to have it.

Copyright (c) Nigzel 2006

Nigzel

Smash Ace
well, the daghter dashes are SWD thats being canceled the very next frame by the morph ball mode, thats why SWD is between 41-42

< --->
41 42

after that, there are no more Morph ball frames that will stop the SWD. a daughter dashes is actually how far you get on 1 frame from the SWD. so it doesnt really affect the SWD itself.

and no, as ajp_anton was wondering, you cant produce a daughter dash by just, . > . > . > .
we did some research about it yesterday.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
it hasn't ever been mentioned by anyone I know of in the past 17 months, I probably would have seen it. The closest thing was that when SDM was trying to find the SWD frames, he said that if you did something like this, you warped a bit, but didn't ever go into it further. This is the first use of the daughter dash repeatedly to add length to the swd.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
no, this wasnt known about the time of Perfect Control. but as Aftermath (Cap'n Crunch) said, it hasnt even been mentioned in 17 months. and even in his guide (im not flaming you, bud) it says you did it wrong if you only get very little distance, or youve done it too early. true, if you're about to do a SWD you failed, but this guide indirectly proves that you CAN do a SWD even though you failed the first time. plus you'll get a little extra disctance.

and Flareblade, if this would have been found earlier, it probably would have been mentioned somewhere else before this, in the SWD thread or something.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Hmm.... I shall make the necessary changes in my guide...

I might add a daughter dash section soon's as I can make sense of the whole thing and find a way to change your explanation just enough to where it doesn't seem that I'm C/Ping it.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
^_^ my guide is making progress! (random idiotic voice)

do you guys feel something needs to be added? or removed. want another guide like this? just PM then.

Joker

Smash Ace
:ohwell: Thats whats up...i guess.
Then again, isnt the regular Swd long enuff as is? :ohwell:
well for me it is lol if its something useful can you give some scenarios as to how it would be, cause if its just Swd + distance, then i dont think i'll even attemp it, (to lazy) also if its "harder" or takes more time to pull of during battle then once again i wont try it :laugh: (Still too lazy)

Its official, I'm the lazyiest samus :p

Nigzel

Smash Ace
150th post, yay.

hmm, a good scenario... that would be if you and one of your friends were playing on an stage like coneria.
the "top part" or from the left to the little cliff in the right, i cant make it sound normal. and you're on the ledge (left or right) and your friend is on the other side. there a normal SWD wont have reach enough. but an SDDSWD would give you (i think) enough distance to get to you to your enemy.

but, offcours the SDDSWD is ALOT harder than just doing an normal SWD.
good luck , and i mean it. it would be fun to see anyone really use this in a good way, with doing incorporating this into your game.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
Lazy? <.< .... <.< ..... explain that please. and get your *** over here so we can record some matches! maintenment (spelling!)

co_and_me

Smash Lord
peachtress actually it can be done both ways. samus' is just faster and shorter. But samus's is also correct.

samcar455

Smash Cadet
co_and_me said:
peachtress actually it can be done both ways. samus' is just faster and shorter. But samus's is also correct.
Yep, the only reason peope didn't want the second S is because it looked kind of silly.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
;_; ok, nevermind about the"'s" ok? and let's go back on topic.

And yes you 'just' press left-right-left-right, very quickly to do the SDD

ak47

Smash Journeyman
ahhhhhhhhh im confused im just goin to stick to the super wave dash no need stressing over this one

Nigzel

Smash Ace
w00t! 250th post!

yeah, since this is an ultra-super-duper hard technique to really use in Battle. but it's relly fun in tiny melee, two SDD's is almost an SWD sompared to samus' size.

<.<
I'm gonna add that to the Guide.

Chaotix_0

Smash Apprentice
After much practice I was able to do two daughter dashes, then a SWD but it was in training and I had the speed on 1/4 lol. I'm proud of myself. It is a neat looking way to accomplish nothing, Samus is such a fun character.

samcar455

Smash Cadet
ugh, i dont even have my SWD that consistent. It takes me quite a few tries before i get the timing right. I am always a few franes too early.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
Simply train then. I also have periods where i can't do the SWD, but if you train, you'll reduce that period dramaticly.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Unfortunatly, I am not proficient enough to count in frames...-_-

I was too lazy to post this in the SWD section. Do any of you guys use any funky timings for SWD? Like count to two in your head hit left, then hit right or something like that?

Eggz

Smash Hero
Ah. That's what I've been doing but the most I've done is three in a row...

I've got it down semi-well, but there are times when I'll get 2 or even 3 in a row, but then I will have a period where I fail like 15 in a row... It's pretty agravating. I guess I'll just practice more...

Nigzel

Smash Ace
<.< iI can fail about 30 times before i can start doing it. after that, it like: yes!, craps!,craps!, yes!,yes!, yes!, craps!.
-.-

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
So one can aerially SWD, as seen in PC2, by daughter dashing off an edge then hitting away on frame 38? The more frames / pictures you can throw at me, the better :laugh:

Top Bottom