• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short Hop Fast Fall Missle Cancel

Laijin

Smash Hero
I have been regularly SH Missle Canceling up until the time I saw the Mission Briefing video(a samus training video), and I saw the SHFF missle cancel(along with a bunch of other really hard stuff). So I tried it, and found it almost impossible to do. I havnt been able to do it once..I actually find the SWD timing alot easier than this.
In the video, it says you can FF as early as frame 28 of the jump. I dont know what frame is frame 28, so I try FF as soon as possible..then missle as soon as I can..and it never works. So is there a special way to do this?
Also..how do you SH double missle? The timing for that also seems pretty impossible.

uber_n00b

Smash Journeyman
For the double missle you don't shorthop, that may be your problem.

You full hop, missle while going up, and once the lag from the first missle ends shoot another missle (if timed correctly the second missle will be missle canceled)

Aftermath

Smash Champion
yeah, the sfm is probably the hardest thing samus can do (probably tied with double missile w/ a ff on the second one). It's like ridiculously hard, but you have to just like tap down and then slam either left or right and hit B as fast as you can, it's pretty crazy that Jasona (The training mode clip) could do it so well.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I would stick to Falco, only...I dont like Falco as much as I like Samus now. Falco use to be my main, but he has disapointed me many times. And besides....Samus is just plain flashier than Falco and when it comes to n00bs being all scared and surprised, Samus does a much better job than Falco does(Although Falco can scare n00bs...Samus just looks more cooler doing it)

co_and_me

Smash Lord
wow. i dont even know what else to say. cept laijin i challenge you to a samus ditto MM

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so my question is, what is more effective tap down, then release while moving your finger to the side to slam the stick sideways..or just hold down and then shift to the side so that you end in the 4 or 5 o'clock position.

smash moves can be done at angles so i assume the latter is possible too.

anyways, to say this is hard is to put it lightly

Juce

Smash Ace
I think it's best to roll the control stick from down to forward. It's the fastest way to do it, and easiest for your thumb, and ending in the 3:00 - 4:30 o'clock position works for the smash missile.

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
If you roll the control stick to the side, it won't work. IT will do a weak missile so you have to realease and tap side. This technique isn't really neccessary so I would suggest master everything else before you master this since its probably better to just DMJ.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
If you roll the control stick to the side, it won't work. IT will do a weak missile so you have to realease and tap side. This technique isn't really neccessary so I would suggest master everything else before you master this since its probably better to just DMJ.
It does work, you just have to roll it quickly.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No..it doesn't work if you roll it..you will not do a smash missle..You will do a homing missle. You have to center the control stick again in order to smash missle. It is impossible to do a smash when the stick is already all the way out you will always do a tilt no matter how much you roll it..same with missles.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Hylian, I roll the stick to do a lot of stuff. Basically, if you move it fast enough, the game only registers it being down one frame and then to the right the next. Even if you're slower and have two or three frames between down and right, it will still register as a smash. Of course, if you're taking three frames to roll from down to the side, you're too slow for the SFM anyway.

CC to fsmash without the cstick can really only be done with rolling the control stick from down to the side, and it's something I overuse every match. If you've never done AR testing or don't really know how smash DI works, then you shouldn't be arguing this.

Watty

Smash Lord
juss full jump fast fall missle cancel almost as good billion times easier

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian, I roll the stick to do a lot of stuff. Basically, if you move it fast enough, the game only registers it being down one frame and then to the right the next. Even if you're slower and have two or three frames between down and right, it will still register as a smash. Of course, if you're taking three frames to roll from down to the side, you're too slow for the SFM anyway.

CC to fsmash without the cstick can really only be done with rolling the control stick from down to the side, and it's something I overuse every match. If you've never done AR testing or don't really know how smash DI works, then you shouldn't be arguing this.

..I use the C-stick for almost everything so I didn't even think about being able to CC then dsmash with A..and I can move the stick very fast..I play fox and when I flatland infinite I jump with the control stick..I also pillar with the control stick..I just never though the game would register it still being a smash missle because A: I ASSUMED (incorrectly apparently) that the stick being down and to the side on the same frame would only consitute as two inputs on the same frame..which would be weird..but just ignore that because I see where I was wrong there.. I know perfectly well how smash DI works. Then thing I get complimented most on when I am playing is my DI and technical skill. What does smash DI have to do with SHFFMC though? I am not going to lie..I cannot get it when I roll the stick..and I don't see how you can do it like that..but I can SHFFMC pretty well with centering the stick again.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
With smash DI, to register a different direction each frame you need to move the control stick at least 1/4 of a circle from where you were before. The only reason that matters is because knowing that and seeing just how to do smash DI, it becomes obvious that the game doesn't need you to recenter and just measures the difference.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Got ya.....

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
For the record, the single hardest move in the game is to shield-drop a platform-cancelled nair with Samus or either of the Links against your foe or their shield. Pivot'd up-tilts are about as difficult.

The second hardest move for Samus is double homing missiles on battlefield's platforms and ground.

SHFFMC and SWD are easy comparatively.

Mars-

Smash Champion
For the record, the single hardest move in the game is to shield-drop a platform-cancelled nair with Samus or either of the Links against your foe or their shield. Pivot'd up-tilts are about as difficult.

The second hardest move for Samus is double homing missiles on battlefield's platforms and ground.

And a lot of these moves are never usable? Pivoting is a waste of time in my opinion, because of how hard it is to do it. How many Pros actually use pivoting on a regular basis?

And SWD is easy, SHFFMC isn't.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Pivoting isn't a waste of time, it's hard to get down but can be useful (See: Aniki/HugS). However, pivot utilt is probably useless almost all the time, since pivoting is supposed to be fast and unexpected, with moving out of the way just before the oppoent hits you, and using utilt for it is A. going to ruin the unexpectedness or B. be shielded.

Djpmc homing missiles aren't that hard.

Shield drop platform canceled nairs are luck more than anything.

Also, I now have the SFM down, but like, can't find a time to use it in a match really, unless it's on FD of course. Anyone else have this problem?

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Only time I really see it useful if for getting to an edgegaurd posistion from across the stage or pressuring a camper like a crouching sheik or something.

Its really fast and cool and all that but not super useful. I've tried to do and only been able to get the sound off before I hit the ground but its never realy hurt my game. Props to all of you that can do it.. youve got a fast left thumb...

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Yeah, I find myself mostly using it when you said, when I have nothing else to do when I'm going over to edgeguard.

The funny part is that when I do it, my right thumb mirrors my left, so it looks all weird if you're looking at my controller.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Hmmm I disagree. I think SHFFMC is harder then double homing missle on battlfield. I can do the DJCHMC really well and still have trouble SHFFMCing consistintly.

Pivoting up-tilts is hard as **** to use correctly though lol.

Var Parasite

Smash Apprentice
Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Hilvarenbeek.
I have another hard move for ya, ledge super missle regrab, you just let go, dj and fire very fast. I haven't seen this on the samus boards before, I can do it in 1/2 speed, something new?

Edit : Just tried it, not that hard, only the first time, but it still can be usefull, clearing the edge when you don't have a charged shot, or something like that.

Edit2: Is it just me or is a forward dashjumped double missle extremely hard to do?

Watty

Smash Lord
FULL JUMP FAST FALL MISSILE CANCEL ITS EASIER AND ALMOST AS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the record when people list the top Samus players some say Hugs some say Wes how many times do u see the shffmc or do a double homing missile on BF? Wes SWD but besides that they work on other things besides HARD technical things

Top Bottom