• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario fan club

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Wario Waft is going to be a great KO move. because of this, I wouldn't doubt if Wario users did a lot of camping, running, and dodging to let their Waft build. Also, I'm sure not many of you have thought about this, but does Wario's Waft reset when he's KO'd? It would make since to me.

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
I am pretty stoked about Wario. My guestimate is that his Wario Waft move just builds up over time and resets when used or KOed.

In one of the pictures it looked like Mario was picking up Wario's Chopper. If this is the case I'm just going to summon one, jump off and chuck motorcycles at people. If that doesn't take care of business I'm sure Wario's Waft will get the job done!

I just hope the cycle can be thrown, and that it isn't on a timer after it is used. Having 2 moves on a timer would be a pretty big set back.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
no the cycle isnt on a timer, it is there until it is thrown off stage or is destroyed, then wario is able to summon another one

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wario is the man! I have to say this has been on of the best updates so far (yea, I realize that I am a wee bit late).

Wario is adding so much to the game (whether you dislike or positively enjoy his new design).

1. His side smash seems like a fixed version of Yoshi's egg and offers a new mechanic (VEHICLES). It seems that Wario can jump off his bike whenever he wants. So Wario is a heavyweight character who has a special that gives him speeeeed.

And with his bike he can run people over or potentially leap off and perform an aerial. The bike seems to have options and I do not think it will be worthless like people are predicting.

So what are the drawbacks? Jumping and attacking from a zooming vehicle can get old if it is spammed. But the bike falls onto the stage if Wario jumps off. So this is what I think can happen if the bike falls on the stage.

a.) Wario cannot pick the bike up. He can only mount himself back on. If there are more then one Wario, then whichever one uses the side smash first will whip out the bike and the others cannot. BUT any Wario can hop onto the forgotten motercyle. (THIS ADDS ANOTHER MECHANIC. SHARED MOVES)

b) Other characters can grab the bike and throw it like an item. Thus they have a powerful took to use against Wario who may have trouble avoiding a chopper hurtiling through the air. Or the characters can toss it off the stage.

2. Now to Wario's farting move. Another new idea brought to the table! A move that grows more powerful if you DONT use it. That is awesome. You are rewarding if you are conserving the move just like you are punished with lower hit percentages if you spam one move.

Not only that, but it seems that a fart held for a long period of time can be used as a recovery tool.

All in all Wario is shaping to be the most unique and greatest character out of the new ones introduced (in my opinion). He offers chaos and unpredictability.

His run is a mix of odd frames that might be useful in an approach. No one can really tell what you are going to do. He seems to crawl backwards unlike the other characters. His fart move can be used at any time with devastating effects during the end of the match (so people will be more cautious as time grows). And he has an alternative approach with his bike which also (I am assuming) gives him speed.

A great battle would be Wario and Marth. Marth's elegance and predictable chain of attacks versus Wario's unorthodox and choatic style of crazy play.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I really want to see this bike in action. I wonder how the interactions of the bike on the stage will be, and I wonder what the "rules" are for using it...so many questions...we need a trailer!...actually, we need the game!!

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
sakurai pretty much explain to a tee how the motorcycle works. wario summons the motorcycle, drives around. if he falls off the motorcycle he cannot summon a new one and must remount on the one on the field, unless the one summoned falls off the stage, then he can summon a new one. and it appears other players can pick up the motorcycle and cart it off.

and there will most deffinetly be a trailer at this year's E3

the grim lizard

Smash Master
sakurai pretty much explain to a tee how the motorcycle works. wario summons the motorcycle, drives around. if he falls off the motorcycle he cannot summon a new one and must remount on the one on the field, unless the one summoned falls off the stage, then he can summon a new one. and it appears other players can pick up the motorcycle and cart it off.

and there will most deffinetly be a trailer at this year's E3
Uhh...no. He did not explain it to a tee. He gave a general idea about it, but these things can never be fully realized until you play with it.

That's like saying he fully explained the Wario waft...how long does it take to fully charge? can you charge it with a button? does it reset when you die? does it use up a recovery if done in mid-air? how high does it propel you into the air? does it even send you upward if you do it in the air?...

All these questions and more are unanswered. He gave us some quick guidelines about the cycle, but there are still so many more that are unanswered.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Like is there one cycle per character or per stage? How does he attack when he's on the bike? Is there just one A-attack off the bike or does he have all of his attacks like Peach's float? What sorts of attacks does he do with just the bike itself? Can the characters pick up the bike and throw it or just attack it? How does the bike react once you jump off and attack? How can you (or can you) be knocked off the bike when you're on it? For crying out loud, how much damage does the thing do? Does it go around in circles constantly like Yoshi's egg or is it more controllable (as in, is there more to controlling it besides going back and forth on control stick)? If you pull it out in the air, do you sink right away or do you go to the side for a little bit? Can the bike be destroyed just by jumping off of it in the air? What are the tactics to using the bike, and what are the advantages/techniques for getting on and off the bike?

I could go on, but there are tons of things we don't know...

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
ok so far wario just drives the bike, the bike runs people over, and getting run over hurts like a ***** so it will do decent damage.
yes the characters can pick up the bike it shows mario doing just that, and if they can pick the bike up they will most definetly be able to throw it, how far depends on the bikes weight and the characters strength.
you are knocked off the bike by having wario get hit, although hitting the bike hard enough could cause wario to momentarily loose control
if you are knocked off the bike while on the ground the bike will most likely keep running for a few seconds before it loses control due to lack of driver and steers itself sideways, bringing it to a stop. fer god sakes its a motorcycle not a magic carpet. now i dont mean to be mean, but we have to remember that this is a regular motorcycle so it will most likely behave like one.

oh and i do see yer point now

the grim lizard

Smash Master
ok so far wario just drives the bike, the bike runs people over, and getting run over hurts like a ***** so it will do decent damage.
yes the characters can pick up the bike it shows mario doing just that, and if they can pick the bike up they will most definetly be able to throw it, how far depends on the bikes weight and the characters strength.
you are knocked off the bike by having wario get hit, although hitting the bike hard enough could cause wario to momentarily loose control
if you are knocked off the bike while on the ground the bike will most likely keep running for a few seconds before it loses control due to lack of driver and steers itself sideways, bringing it to a stop. fer god sakes its a motorcycle not a magic carpet. now i dont mean to be mean, but we have to remember that this is a regular motorcycle so it will most likely behave like one.

oh and i do see yer point now
I'm glad you're such an expert on Wario's >B move. ;) But I wouldn't expect normal physics with the bike because (heaven knows) Smash isn't exactly known for having a physics engine that makes sense compared to real life.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well what i am saying is you doubt it will be a harely davidson to the tee and i doubt wario will be able to fly with it. i hope the makes you understand my point, and im glad to see you are an expert at questioning

metaknight007

Smash Cadet
maybe wario waft may be able to be used as a recovery??? in the picture at smashbros it shows him getting some decent air when he uses it

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i think it will probably work like the luigi missile, except its timed and it goes vertical instead of horizontal

DokturSea

Smash Lord
There's been a discussion about this. Right now we can't confirm the waft being a recovery move. For all we know, in the screenshot, Wario jumped and then used it.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
oh a good idea for wario's up b move, how bout when his cheeks get all puffy and he floats. you know, whenever he gets stung by something

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
Ah...not sure where else to put this right now, but since this is the wario thread in the index thread...

By the looks of things, Wario's 'bite attack' has some interesting properties. The Colonel commented that it leaves a stench in the Codec bit, but that doesn't really mean much.

On the other hand, what is interesting is that in the short video featuring snake there's a segment where Snake lobs one of his grenades at Wario. Wario apparently uses his bite attack and eats the grenade. Complete with a comical inflation from the explosion and belching out black smoke afterwards. Makes you wonder if he can eat any projectile attack, just thrown items, or just bomb and explosives in general.

*Lobs pokeball at Wario*

*Wario eats the Pokeball*

0.o

Darthkirby707

Smash Cadet
Ah...not sure where else to put this right now, but since this is the wario thread in the index thread...

By the looks of things, Wario's 'bite attack' has some interesting properties. The Colonel commented that it leaves a stench in the Codec bit, but that doesn't really mean much.

On the other hand, what is interesting is that in the short video featuring snake there's a segment where Snake lobs one of his grenades at Wario. Wario apparently uses his bite attack and eats the grenade. Complete with a comical inflation from the explosion and belching out black smoke afterwards. Makes you wonder if he can eat any projectile attack, just thrown items, or just bomb and explosives in general.

*Lobs pokeball at Wario*

*Wario eats the Pokeball*

0.o
You're right.. and it'd be funny if the pokemon came out his mouth XD

Snake: "What the hell? Wario just burped up a Groudon!"

BoG

Smash Journeyman
So, watching the new Sonic trailer I noticed something: Wario's tiptoe walk. It's obviously either his run or his walk, we've all known that and this just confirms it, but look at the speed. I've always thought wario would be more middle-weight then heavy, but that's either a fast walk or a slow run. I just can't tell. What do you guys think?

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
I'll be right here, eating garlic and chillin in the fan club :psycho:

Face it: Zelda's been around. I heard she keeps Tingle under her dress for fun times ;)
there are worse things than a bit of up-skirt tingle.....

edit wario sux.

lukintosh

Smash Ace
So, watching the new Sonic trailer I noticed something: Wario's tiptoe walk. It's obviously either his run or his walk, we've all known that and this just confirms it, but look at the speed. I've always thought wario would be more middle-weight then heavy, but that's either a fast walk or a slow run. I just can't tell. What do you guys think?
It's his dash. I read/saw it somewhere.

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
wut do u guys think warios grabs could be?
i can just imagine him sitting on them for d throw

paralasalud

Smash Ace
wut do u guys think warios grabs could be?
i can just imagine him sitting on them for d throw
i hope he does those big head bites for the grab attack.

i'm pretty sure both his bthrow and dthrow will involve his butt.

and i'm pretty sure one of his smashes will too, and then people are going to name the move the great wario ***... or something.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
i wonder if wario becomes a PC in SE, and how.
he must be teamed up with bowser =-o

edit: ah crap sorry double post. i'm just really excited to play as wario for some reason.

Fizzlo

Smash Rookie
Wario looks a lot better in his WarioWare costume. I'm very glad they didn't put him in his Mario Costume.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
Wario looks a lot better in his WarioWare costume. I'm very glad they didn't put him in his Mario Costume.
Dude the original Wario owns! Wario never dies, suck on that Mario. It seem to me that Wario is going to have amazing grabbing abilities. Could he even grab someone with his massive jaws in mid-air? I can't wait for his FS. I am calling for the pile driver.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
in wario land, didn't he have a dash move where his bicep bulged out as he charged? that should be his dash attack or somethin. sorry if this has been discussed.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
in wario land, didn't he have a dash move where his bicep bulged out as he charged? that should be his dash attack or somethin. sorry if this has been discussed.
I believe i saw him doing that in a screenshot...

Yeah, this one:

Well, not entirely, but still similar.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I am rediculusly happy that wario is in brawl i was dissapointed when he never ended up in Melee and he looks great and seems like a fun character.

Top Bottom