• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Little Mac for SSBB" Thread (NES Mac, not SNES)

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
This thread is for anyone who wants to see Little Mac in SSBB more than any other character. Post in here and rave about Little Mac...(I'm talking about the Little Mac from NES, not the flamer in Super Punch-Out!). I hope that someone translates this to Japanese and sends it to Nintendo to make it confirmed that Little Mac will GET IN THIS GAME!!

I also really want:
-King Dedede
-Skull Kid
-Goron/Deku/Zora Link

Pubes.

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
Ok Little Mac is the #1 character I want to see in SSBB. If he shows up I think I will cream my pants for sure cuz that would be too cool.

He really deserves to be is SSBB. I don't see why they wouldn't put him in, I mean whats not to love. He kicked Mike Tyson's *** and now its time for him to show his skills in SSBB.

I find it really hard to imagine a Move-set for him though due to his limited amount of moves in Punch Out. I guess his Up-b could be an uppercfut of some sort.

burrito

Smash Lord
I would rather they put SNES Little Mac, but I really don't care that much. I just want him for his awesome boxing style. If they put Little Mac and Captain Olimar in it, then I'll be happy.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
i like that idea someone said about little mac's recovery move being an uppercut.

amazing. :o

little mac would be awesome. <333

The Other Wind

Smash Apprentice
LIT-TLE MAC!
LIT-TLE MAC!

Sorry, I'm just imagining a potential Little Mac crowd chant.

LITTLE MAC!

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad a lot of people are down for little Mac in SSBB. I agree with an uppercut being Up B as well. His B move could be his special punch in Punch-Out!. If he gets in the game, it would be so hot if he could actually be played to win. Little Mac is such a stud. Eff Tee Dubs.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Why has this thread, a thread about a character almost as great as Pac-man himself, failed to continue? Where have the Lil' Mac fans gone?

LIL' MAC FOR SSBB!!!

GenG

Smash Lord
Actually, a in-fight boxer would have a lot of potential in a game like this with typical boxing moves like jabs, uppers, hooks, counters, parries, crosses, and his trademark one two barrage of punches.
He could borrow some moves from his foes in the games too. His movement would consist in dashes and sprints to enter the enemies' range with priorized punches.

I'm 100% Little Mac since is a classic character in the US (not sure about Japan), and his fighting style could add a lot of variety to Brawl. Don't forget to add a skin for blond haired Mac (I like him better).

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
SNES Mac in Fight Night: Round 2 was seriously fugly...
Still, after FINALLY bringing back Pit, it would be a crime not to do the same for Mac.
I mean, he's a boxer for crying out loud! How would that not fit in SMASH?

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Little Mac would win hard. I'm all for it. Hopefully they use his dark-haired look and not his stupid Akira Toriyama Super Saiyen look.

I hope his taunt involves Doc coming in and telling him to join the Nintendo Fun Club today. Little Mac for Top Tier.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Wow. One of my favorite childhood games. Right next to Mario 3 , Zelda, and Bionic Commando. Although he might seem a little out of place that he's the only one with boxing gloves, it would be awsome uppercutting people off the stage.

*side question*
When I played this game I was only 5, I remember the stars you got were for uppercuts, but what were the hearts for? Its been a long time.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Lord_Deathborne said:
Out of place? With boxing gloves? In Smash Bros.?
Keep in mind Link was the ONLY one with a sword in SSB64.
It won't alienate him, it'll bring something unique to the game.
i guess your right. I was kinda thinking about the fact that he would be the only onw from an actuall "fighting" game. The other characters were taken from there games and thrown into a ring. As for Little Mac, the ring is his game.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Yeah, Nintendo dosen't really have any fighter games outside of SSB.
There was Killer Instinct, but that was actually RARE (though I've heard Nintendo retained the rights to the series)
Speaking of KI, that game featured a boxer, T.J. Combo, and he seemed to hold his own against a ninja, killer cyborg, ice alien, velociraptor, skeleton, etc.
I think Lil' Mac will fare just fine.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd love is they use the knock out noise from the first game.

I like how it took this long for Little Mac to get a topic, but Krystal and Cloud have had topics since day one? People are dumb and fanatical.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Lord_Deathborne said:
I've only played Super Punch-Out!!
Man I hate missing out on so much during the NES era...
<------proud member of the NES era

I went from NES to the Sony Playstation. Quite a jump.

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
Little mac with optional Pink Jumpsuit skin would make ssbb the greatest game to grace the earth, which it will still probably be.

EDIT: i already submitted the character idea to the website, i would that everyone will do the same, (if they even read english responses).

MetalGearLink

Smash Apprentice
little mac WILL be in the game, the proof of this is that sakurai's pool has dragon chan but no little mac

I also like NES little mac desing better, since the SNES little mac looks...well gay, I don't want any gay characters in smash!1

but probably he'll get a new desing the same way pit did

nomis

Smash Journeyman
I actually think they should redesign Little Mac, because he has obviously been through many championship matches. In fact, he was the first to beat Mike Tyson. So I developed a story:

Little Mac, infuriated, responded to his challenger, growling, "No one... NO ONE insults coach's breath!!! No one!!!"

"That's right!" The coach said. "I use Listerine. Kills 99% of germs and fights bad breath!" Sold at your local store.

Mac searched for the arena his challenger spoke of. Mac went through the forest of eternity, the field of massacre, and the depths of hell to arrive at his destiny. He had thrown away his little red souls from his hands long ago, anticipating the deadliness of his foes. Finally upon entering the Final Destination, his opponents appear in front of him.

"I am the one they call Yellow Thunder." The voice echoed deep in the back of his mind. Confused, Mac twists and turns his head to look for the source of his madness.

Suddenly another voice coming from the same direction says, "Have you come to meet your demise? Then let I, the Spherical Nightmare, end it quick."

"You give him mercy?!" Two voices at once interrupt the Spherical Nightmare, "You've lost your edge!"

"Leave him be, Absolute Zeros. " He says calmly to the two voices. "This is just another nuisance."

"Well said, Verdigris Knight." The voice most clamorous of all continues, "Young Mac, you are a brave one to accept my, the Crimson Arbiter of Oblivion's, challenge." The characters finally appear in front of Mac.

"Is this it?" snickers Mac. "BRING IT ON!"

"Let's go!" they all rush towards Little Mac.

To be continued!

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Back on topic (although that last post was funny as hell), I'm pretty sure that Little mac will be in this game, mainly due to the inclusion of Dragon Chan on Sakurai's Japanese blog and not Mac (the same logic works for Diddy Kong, but that's for another topic). Mac could be a brand new type of character, Small but strong and with decent stamina. He'd have no projectiles of course, but that wouldn't matter. I once thought up a decent moveset for the guy. I'll see if I can find it.

So to sum up: LITTLE MAC FOR BRAWL!!

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I loved the original Punch-Out. If they put Mr. Sandman into the mix, he'd kill everyone, then steal Link's hat and wear it.

But seriously, picture it: Little Mac vs. Ridley.

Do it.

You know you want to.

Baron_54

Smash Apprentice
DDM said:
I loved the original Punch-Out. If they put Mr. Sandman into the mix, he'd kill everyone, then steal Link's hat and wear it.

But seriously, picture it: Little Mac vs. Ridley.

Do it.

You know you want to.
I have been enlightened.

Here's hoping that Sakurai has the common sense to include Mac...

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Mac is suddenly frozen by the number of his deadly foes. "What?! I thought it was a one on -"
Yellow Thunder notices his chance to strike. With his amazing speed, he dives straight toward Litle Mac like a bolt of lightning, striking Mac's chest, forcefully skipping a beat in Mac's heart.

The Spherical Nightmare unleashes a barrage of fury enraged punches, damaging Mac beyond recovery as the punches continue to hit as hard as stone. Then out of nowhere, the Absolute Zeros blow cold wind at Mac's legs, creating an ice enchamberment to prevent him from moving. They maul him with their bludgeons, sending shockwaves of pain throughout his body.

The Verdigris Knight throws a boomerang straight to Mac's forehead, leaning his body back, only to take an arrow through the thigh. Suddenly The Knight throws a bomb under Mac's feet and the others scatter.

The immense explosion tosses Mac into the air, almost on the brink of unconsciousness, Mac thinks, 'Is... is it over...?' Then a fierce uppercut with the strength equivalent to Ken's Shoryuken strikes Mac's upper-back, sending him flipping higher in the air. As the lifeless corpse of Mac rotates, he notices it was the Crimson Arbiter that delivered the blow. Mac begins to see his life flash before his eyes.

"Na-na-na-na-naaaa-naaaaaaa!" A kid ridicules the Young Mac. "You'll never be as strong as us!" The kid delivers a body blow to Mac. Mac can taste his breakfast in the back of his throat. "Go back to where you came from, weakling."

Mac slowly walked back to his shack. Afraid of what his parents would think from the bruises on his face and body, Mac thinks of excuses.

"I'm home, mom, dad."

To be continued!

nomis

Smash Journeyman
"Oh, Mac! I'm sorry dear..." it seems that his mother was occupied with the housework, "but there won't be any dinner tonight. Your father is still sick."
"Oh..." Mac slightly disappointed walks to his father's room. A motionless body lies there with a towel over his forehead. Mac walks up to his father's side and grabs his hand.
The father moves his hand, embracing Mac's fingers with warmth and love. Mac didn't feel hungry anymore - all of his troubles were lifted in that moment.

His thoughts are interrupted with slams on the door. Mac runs out to see the commotion and confronts his mother standing in front of a big, burly man. Mac felt that the man could crush him with a finger.

Mac couldn't understand what the conversation was about with all the yelling and screaming. But he heard the words rent, money, and pay somewhere within the commotion.

The man strikes Mac's mother, causing her to stumble to the ground, and yells, "Your father has been out of work for two weeks! You better begin to pay it off somehow or I'm going to have to do something about it!" The man walks away, leaving the killing intent in the atmosphere.

Mac runs up to his mother and begins to say, "Just wait, mom! Wait 'til I study hard and graduate and get a job and - "
"I'm so lucky to have a son like you..." his mother interrupts, hugging him, "thank you... I'll wait..." her sobs fill the silence in the household.

To be continued!

Top Bottom