• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
Think about it. Link's greatest (or at the very least most under-rated) villain, in SSBB with his fellow Zelda characters Link, Gannondorf, and Zelda.

Since there is such an eerie style about him, Skull Kid should have an equally eerie Move Set.
I don't exactly know how that sould work though.

Any Skull Kid fans out there? Help me create a Move set for this great character.

I know crashing the moon onto the arena MUST be apart of it. After all, it's what Skull Kid does.

I'll post a moveset soon.
More just because people asked...

Green & White:

Blue & Yellow:
Here ya go. I'm no artist or anything...I'm a programmer myself haha.

Note: this is a recolor of Chris Graham's artwork.

The colors dude, the colors!

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Skull Kid + SSBB = Frickin' perfect

See dude, now you've got the right idea. SSBB + SkullKid would be so awesome. I mean, imagine all of the SkullKid's advanced tactics with his fairy Tael (or Tatl) and the Majora's Mask. He could transform into Kid Majora by Pressing B ... and a lot of other things. I already have some information on him, just click this link:

My information for the Skull Kid

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
SmashMac said:
See dude, now you've got the right idea. SSBB + SkullKid would be so awesome. I mean, imagine all of the SkullKid's advanced tactics with his fairy Tael (or Tatl) and the Majora's Mask. He could transform into Kid Majora by Pressing B ... and a lot of other things. I already have some information on him, just click this link:

My information for the Skull Kid

SmashMac, I like the way you think. I never even thought of using Tattle or Tael, but ohhh-the possibilities!

I'd thought Skull Kid's "B" sould be a projectile a simple Skull Toss or Skull Throw. Where he'd um, throw a skull...lol-not as creative as your "B" move. lol.

I am in favor of his transformation though. Maybe "Down B"?

Also how do you think they could work Crashing the Moon onto the Arena? Maybe "Hold B for 12 seconds" this would cause Skull Kid to do some sort of dance while the moon is being summoned. When it hits the arena everyone but him takes damage. This would mostly be a multiplayer move because there is no way in a 1 vs. 1 you can get 12 seconds alone.

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
That move would really suck and would be a waste of space on the disc. The crashing moon could rather be a super-move.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Skullkid said:
SmashMac, I like the way you think. I never even thought of using Tattle or Tael, but ohhh-the possibilities!

I'd thought Skull Kid's "B" sould be a projectile a simple Skull Toss or Skull Throw. Where he'd um, throw a skull...lol-not as creative as your "B" move. lol.

I am in favor of his transformation though. Maybe "Down B"?

Also how do you think they could work Crashing the Moon onto the Arena? Maybe "Hold B for 12 seconds" this would cause Skull Kid to do some sort of dance while the moon is being summoned. When it hits the arena everyone but him takes damage. This would mostly be a multiplayer move because there is no way in a 1 vs. 1 you can get 12 seconds alone.
Yea maybe down+B would be the way to go lol.

Metal_Doc

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I agree that Skullkid would be a great edition to SSBB. I think the Crashing Moon would be a super move that you can get with that item.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
Nightmare KoRn Kid said:
Skull kid would be cool.

Not everyone should tansform.

Skull kid should not transform IMO.

Skull kid should simpley= Skull kid W/ Majora's mask.
You might be onto something. While I LOVE anything that gives the beloved Skull Kid more moves, I don't want transformation to be the norm...It isn't for everyone. But if Skull Kid were to have a transformation, I wouldn't mind.

PZX2DN4F (what a name! lol), Moon Crash would be Skull Kid's Super. His super could't be anything else. I wasn't even thinking of supers when I made my second post in this thread.

So, its back to the drawing board with the move set. Not that I ever had much. Oh, wait! I still have good ol' "Skull Throw"... :cry:

lol!

Master_Of_Puppets

Smash Cadet
Oh Dear God NO! Forget that!

Skull Kid is a stupid villain with a Mask. In no way would he be in Brawl, unless the Nintendo staff had a drug over dose.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
Master_Of_Puppets said:
Oh Dear God NO! Forget that!

Skull Kid is a stupid villain with a Mask. In no way would he be in Brawl, unless the Nintendo staff had a drug over dose.
You cannot be serious! Skull Kid is one of the greatest villains in one of Nintendo's greatest franchises. I'm nearly certain he'll make the cut.

As for his move set, thats the tricky part.

But I'm sure Nintendo is better at this than I.

WR3K

Smash Ace
yes they are

but his moves would have to be based on what he did in OoT and MM didnt in OoT he had a blow pipe or a sling shot, can remember, plus he has magical powers. not to mention what ever skull kid has in store for TP coming up, he was in a scene one time, creating evil skeleton puppets

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Well, not matter which way the Skull Kid enters the new SSB (Super Smash Bros. Brawl?), I'm pretty sure that Nintendo will be able to find out an awesome moveset for him. There's so much to experience with when it comes to the Skull Kid because he has so many different things and assets in the Zelda games that show he'll have some cool looking moves/powers in the newer SSB. Perhaps it would be better for him not to transform and just remain in his Skull Kid form with the Majora's mask on (hence the name "Majora Kid"). Nevertheless, it would be cool to use a character like him. I just see him having some cool looking moves that kick arse and some combo's that are nuts.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
I remember Skull Kid teleporting and shooting darts in Ocarina of Time's Lost Woods. He also played a flute.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Y34HDUD3!!! said:
could someone gimme a link of skull kid withot majoras mask??
I dunno about a link with the skull kid without Majora's mask, but at the end of the game you see what he looks like without the Majora's mask.

ArichTheViking

Smash Apprentice
Ganon > Skull Kid

Ganon... I don't care if its the pig design or the OoT design... He'd be the largest character in the game, slightly larger than Bowser and just as slow... And ridiculously powerful. Maybe not a tournament character, but would be an awesome inclusion...

Skull Kid would be lame. He doesn't make sense as a fighter without Majora's Mask on, and with it on, he never actually did anything. The Mask just stopped possesing him and turned into a series of funny looking giant purple monsters. Sure he would look awesome on Wii, and the moon crashing down would be an awesome super, but that's about all he has going for him.

WR3K

Smash Ace
ganon would kick ***, not ganondorf (for those of you unfamiliar with zelda)

he would be the most powerful in the game

WR3K

Smash Ace
it wouldnt destroy anything, just knock the characters out silly, and the planes just goes over the level (2d animation)

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
skullkid is worthless, and generic.
there are more than one "skullkid".
and i don't like the idea of it.

even with majora's mask...
he's boring and tasteless.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
To all those who'd say Skull Kid doesn't fighting moves:

His race have been known to:

Shoot darts. OoT

Teleport. OoT

He has been known to:

Steal (this would be a great move! Imagine being able to use Skull Kid's faries to steal opponent's items or weapons). MM

Transform people (i.e. Link- :laugh: @that chump, Link). MM

Crash celestial bodies into the the world. MM

To those who don't think Skull Kid has a taunt:

His race has been known to:

Dance to Saria's song. OoT

Play the flute. OoT

Furthermore, if you don't believe Nintendo can create a moveset around Skull Kid, you must not think much of Nintendo's creative staff. It didn't take much thought for me to come up with a list, so I KNOW Nintendo can do A LOT better.

Oh, and depressed, suicidal, adolescents are ALWAYS>Power crazed green *******s.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
Antioch said:
skullkid is worthless, and generic.
there are more than one "skullkid".
and i don't like the idea of it.

even with majora's mask...
he's boring and tasteless.
LOL@This post. Gannon only developed a personality in Wind Waker. For most of his existance he was what you claim Skull Kid is.

"I'll kidnap the princess! I'll rule Hyrule!"

King Koopa aka Bowser wants his style back.

Skull Kid on the other hand, has issues. Real problems that drive him.

Varo

Smash Rookie
I think Skull Kid would be a great addition to the game, not generic at all, being the main villian in MM.
Now, a maskless Skull Kid would be generic and the mask alone would be a boring character but together they are the perfect match.
He has a great personality, he's like an abandoned little kid twisted and controled by an evil mask.

As for his moves, hes got all sorts of evil magic from the mask, if Nintendo made a moveset for Captain Falcon, making one for Skull Kid is a hundred times easier.
It looks like the mask can do anything (if he can turn Link into a Deku or summoning the Moon)
Maybe he could shrink opponents like the poison mushrooms in Melee, the moon crushing onto the stage for his supermove is a great idea too.
As for his 'A' moves, he could have very interesting and wierd fighting style, like a mix of childish and some sort of dance fighting style, its hard to explain but maybe you get the idea.

He can definately be a great character, making a moveset for him is a piece of cake for creative Nintendo.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Yeah, I never thought of Skull Kid as being a dancer. But it could work.

Anyway, I just think he has too good a design to be trapped in the N64 graphics. Also, because MM was an underappreciated classic, he could be a viable character. Much better choice than Vaati from that crappy Capcom Zelda game.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
There aren't that many OUTSTANDING Zelda characters that last in the series. Usually the really cool ones only make one appearence and are never seen again. But Skull kid at least popped up more than once, and he became a threat in Majora's Mask. I think almost bringing the world to its doom by a moon deserves a chance to be in SSBB.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Skull Kid for Top Tier in SSBB(Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

Skullkid said:
To all those who'd say Skull Kid doesn't fighting moves:

His race have been known to:

Shoot darts. OoT

Teleport. OoT

He has been known to:

Steal (this would be a great move! Imagine being able to use Skull Kid's faries to steal opponent's items or weapons). MM

Transform people (i.e. Link- :laugh: @that chump, Link). MM

Crash celestial bodies into the the world. MM

To those who don't think Skull Kid has a taunt:

His race has been known to:

Dance to Saria's song. OoT

Play the flute. OoT

Furthermore, if you don't believe Nintendo can create a moveset around Skull Kid, you must not think much of Nintendo's creative staff. It didn't take much thought for me to come up with a list, so I KNOW Nintendo can do A LOT better.

Oh, and depressed, suicidal, adolescents are ALWAYS>Power crazed green *******s.
And with that being said, hence, the Skull Kid actually does have the potential to have an awesome moveset and "tasteful" things to add to his game. There are too many things that can't be overlooked from the Zelda games he's been in, ESPECIALLY Majora's Mask. And if they could give Bowser (I have nothing against him, just an example of a character that isn't easy to master) a moveset, then I can definantly see Nintendo (best gaming company by the way) coming up with a moveset for the Skull Kid. With all of the Skull Kid's assets, I mean, they'd have to be blind not to see his potential and what to do with all that he posseses (Majora's mask, Wooden stick, Pipe with tunes, Fairy, magical powers, trasfiguration abilities, and obviously his ability to make the Moon fall down to Termina to destroy it). The Skull Kid should definantly be a runner up for this game. There's just too much that's possible when it comes to him. The Skull Kid = Top tier for new SSB (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Point blank, Skull kid has an awesome array of tactics to employ in SSBB. His super, the moon crashing into the stage would offer at totally unique attack; not to mention his mastery of the dark-arts and nimble movements would usher in the uber light-weight villain. Maybe it’s just me, but villainy in SSB is dominated by ultra heavyweights like Bowser, Gannondorf, King K Rool, and King Dedede. With the exception of Metaknight and Mewtwo (who should be much heavier), I can’t think of an evil character who hasn’t packed on the pounds.

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
Every little character doesn't need to be in this game. And no. It would not be cool is Skullkid was in this game. Use your head and think! Think before you decide to speak!

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
FireStar said:
Every little character doesn't need to be in this game. And no. It would not be cool is Skullkid was in this game. Use your head and think! Think before you decide to speak!
My, aren’t we snappy tonight! I completely agree with you on the fact that not every character featured in Nintendo’s history should star in SSBB. However, I do believe that characters of influential games, (Such as Majora’s Mask) who have something to offer in the world of Super Smash Bros. should be featured in the game. It is rather illogical to judge a character on merely the fact that you do not want him to be in. I’m sure that there are characters that you want to star in SSBB that I find to be absolutely ridiculous, but do I ridicule you, no I do not! For every instance of action, there is an instance of thought, and I my friend definitely used my brain to formulate my opinion. My suggestion to you is that you use your brain to formulate posts that are respectful and considerate of others.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
FireStar said:
Okay, first things first. Skull Kid isn't a "little" character. He is a lead villain in a Zelda game-one of Nintendo's major franchises. Second only to Gannon(dorf) in that regard.

Secondly, I resent the implication that I don't think before I speak. Nothing I've typed so far could give any rational person that idea. You should probably read my posts before trying to judge me.

What a little failure you are, FireStar. But maybe your just young and don't know how to disagree without insulting people. In which case I hope you grow up soon.

Top Bottom