• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon freaking Belmont

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
DUDE! I was thinking about that too! A sign, perhaps? And personally, I prefer his old look. Sorry guys, but I'm retro like that...
xD I highly doubt that's anything to apologize for.
o_o I'd have no doubt in my mind that his Kojima outfit and his retro outfit would both appear as costume(s) and alt. costume(s). D: I'm personally a huge fan of Kojima's art, since before she started work on Castlevania, so. <<; I can't quite give up on her.

That would be soo freaking sweet.
I knoow~
I seen it and was like..."a stopwatch...a stopwatch.../die"
I wonder if he'd reveal it (if it where a Castlevania item) before releasing Simon? :[

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
I don't have anything against his old costume, but his main costume will prolly be Kojima's redesign. I'd still prefer his new one because it's awesome, but his old one is still awesome, only 1% less awesome. The new one is his old one anyway, just expanded a bit. Remember, US games drew stuff just out of nowhere (remember Ridley from the Metroid manual?) so we don't know exactly how accurate those old ones are. I also prefer the new costume because it's more original and less cliche. The old one was so cliche and just screamed CONAN THE BARBARIAN or something to that effect.

And yes! I also thought that the stopwatch might be a Castlevania item! I'm hoping Simon is in this game...every second that passes by makes me want him more and more...argh..somebody seriously needs to send a message to Sakurai/Nintendo and tell them to include Simon or we will boycott the game, even if it means they have to delay it for another year.

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it would have been cool if the stopwatch would have been the CV one... but the CV looked a bit different (I sadly remember, since I didn't like the stopwatch in CV games...)

Anyway, Simon is a character worthy of support (not just because he appeared in the Saturday morning Nintendo show *shudders thinking of that Simon represenation*), since as stated he is an early Nintendo icon (meaning NES and Simon are two which are associated with another)
Not to mention Simon being a fitting character with a already almost given moveset (coming from a 2D action/adventure game with subweapons and the such).
Let's hope all the Castlevania games produced on Nintendo platforms and those in production could be a motivation to include Simon...
I'd also support the idea of Simon having alternate Belmont (or Vampire Hunter) skins (but then only such, that were in a game that was on a Nintendo platform... I guess).

And so in the end we could see who, Simon or Samus, is the better Metroidvania/Castleroid (?) character... (yes, a person should be allowed to dream...)

Geno4Brawl

Smash Rookie
Simon Belmont rules! If he was in, his best theme song would be Bloody Tears! It's the best!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Title = automatic win. :D

I'm not a fan of Castlevania... but I do recognize his importance in Nintendo... heck Simon's Quest music takes me back to my childhood.. and who can ever forget those cursed nights...

Plus.. everyone wants Captain N crew together again...

And if 3rd parties COULD get a 2nd rep... (e.g. Sonic gets Tails..) then Konami should definitely go with Simon Belmont, hands down.

A whip user could be awesome! His range though, should make up for his lack of knockback with the whip...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
As for up-b, cross crash anybody? He jumps up to use it already and it's a cool technique. Just increase the jumping distance, and let him fullfully control the direction, and make it faster. As a disadvantage, slow start up for the actual damage, so if it is a recovery, you'd better sweet-spot the edge.

As for his final smash, his holy water crash.

That's like saying "since Link uses a sword no other sword-based character can get in". Also Simon's whip skills are superior to that of Samus. Samus also uses her whip in her special moves as well, but Simon would not. Idk tho.
There are slightly more variants of sword then of whip (see: there's a sword that fullfills almost every melee combat role and some that fullfill ranged), still point taken.

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
.. and who can ever forget those cursed nights...
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Heheheh...bad joke, sorry.

Anyway, if Simon is included, I think they will use these songs from the games:

Vampire Killer (obvious, really really obvious)
Bloody Tears (also obvious)
Theme of Simon (ok Simon goes NOWHERE without his theme)
Wicked Child
Heart of Fire
Cross Your Heart (aka Crucifix Held Close in PoR)

And um...I can't remember anymore, but these are all themes that debuted in games that had Simon as the hero. They might use other "non-Simon" themes though.

As for Simon's moveset, I think they should make him into another unique character. Like, he can use his R to grab onto platforms with his whip and swing with his legs extended. It wouldn't hurt much but would have a good knockback. I know everybody has done a moveset but I'd like to do his four specials one more time:

B: Knife Throw: Throws three knives (like Richter). Fast, but very weak (think Fox's Blaster).
Side-B: Cross: Throws a blue cross and it goes a distance before coming back to Simon. Good damage. If thrown from a certain distance it can do massive damage on its return trip.
Down-B: Holy Water: Throws a vial of blue Holy Water on to the ground and it generates blue flames. Very damaging if enemies are trapped in it.
Up-B: Now this one, I tried to add to it a bit of innovation, but I don't know if they can do it. Anyway, here goes. On the ground, Simon throws an axe at a set arc. In the air, Simon does a Super Jump with a flaming fist. The axe does OK damage. The Super Jump goes a very great distance, but does mediocre damage.

Also one thing about Castlevania item(s): I would like it if they could include two Castlevania items. One of them would be the power-up item and would power-up normal (non-special) attacks. The other would simply be, a big heart. Getting one of these allows an Item Crash for your character! This means that your special move will become a bit better/stronger and flashier, but not to the scale of a Final Smash. I think the heart one would not work though, even if they already have Simon in the game.

So what do you think of this Castlevania fanatic's creativity, huh? ;)

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
"The morning sun has vanquished the horrible night." (Bump)

Simon is way too awesome to be forgotten!

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
I would love to see simon belmont in the game, but I fear his whole vampire killing scheme will prevent him from actually being in the game. When there are vampires there is blood, when there is blood there usually is a Mature Rating. I know smash bros is definitely going for T for Teen

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Even if Simon would not make it into the game (which would suck), I really hope that they will at least include some Castlevania music. I think that Castlevania Adventure II had one of the best Game Boy Soundtracks ever!

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see simon belmont in the game, but I fear his whole vampire killing scheme will prevent him from actually being in the game. When there are vampires there is blood, when there is blood there usually is a Mature Rating. I know smash bros is definitely going for T for Teen
That's REALLY irrelevant. I mean, come on...that MUST be a joke, right?

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
i'm definitely pro-Simon being in Brawl, but i'd much rather have him look much closer to his original look than his new red-hair redesign.

something more like this:

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
Well I thought that they would have alternate COSTUMES but now we know that they are only palette swaps...if there were costume changes, we could have had his old look too, I don't have anything against that. But maybe now we'll have a palette swap which would make him resemble his old look. Idk.

Oh and if you see me acting and speaking as if Simon's already in the game, yes, I am THAT sure. Mock me if you will.

courte

Smash Lord
can someone please post a pic of simon recent/fanart/costume/anything!!

my biggest hump for character support has been appearance. pit was a kid so that made his whole tunic thing a bit easier to digest but a huge dude... i need some alternate artworks please!!

Hagane 4 Brawl!!

courte

Smash Lord
Allucard/Soma Cruz>/>Juste Belmont>/>Julius Belmont/Simon Belmont 4 THE SEQUEL TO BRAWL!!

but can we get simon some pants?? pretty please

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
That's kinda like Simon's "signature look". Look at every other Belmont character who has been redesigned. They have long coats with flowing coattails and all that, but Simon's redesign still has short pants.

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
That's kinda like Simon's "signature look". Look at every other Belmont character who has been redesigned. They have long coats with flowing coattails and all that, but Simon's redesign still has short pants.
I like both looks. but i prefer the long coats, they look... better

but i don't care if Simon has short pants

BTW!

Simon for Brawl!!!

courte

Smash Lord
Simon Hot Pants for Brawl's Sequel!!

honestly i don't expect Konami to have 2 Reps, it throws 3rd party out of balance; Castlevania's creator ain't begging for it, but Keiji Inafune is politely waiting for someone to ask to use megaman... like "PREASE!! WILL YOU USE MY ROCKMAN!!?? I WANT HIM IN BRAWWLL!!""

If Sora LTD. and Sakurai are up to it, i could see a castlevania character as a Konami Rep for the Smash Bros. installment after Brawl. But personally right now, I'm expecting only Sonic and Snake.

[Burger King Whopper Freakout Voice] Anything else is a freaking bonus.[/Burger King Whopper Freakout Voice]

Mar~

Smash Apprentice
If Snake is now in the brawl, then it might be Simon.

Classics Castlevania's games in Nintendo are populars, Simon would be a good representative of this saga for Brawl.

Dew!

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
(Pardon if this has already been discussed. Direct me to that thread and I'll can this one.)

I thought that Simon Belmont was a shoe-in for Melee. I'd think even moreso in Brawl. Whip, holy water, boomerang, dagger, axe... you just don't need much creativity for developing moves. And he's been a Nintendo staple since the beginning. And he's just plain cool, too.

As a super power (like Link's triforce sword attack or Kirby's cooking kettle), the stopwatch would be cool. Freezing someone and then you doing all the damage you could to them. It wouldn't affect their trajectory at all, but you could rack up the punishment. Simon has a built-in grab with his whip. Heck, he doesn't even need to use anything except his whip and cool vampire-killing gadgets to attack with.

I'd also like to see some Castlevania-themed power-ups, too. Like the "II" and "III" dealies, perhaps, which might make it so you throw two or three projectiles for x seconds. Or even just one of the hams for health. The holy rosary would be a fun melee pick-up that would damage everyone else for x damage and flash the screen white and sound off its cool 16-bit undead-clearing sound effect.

And Castlevania-themed stages would rock, with acid pits, falling spiked platforms of doom, the occasional flying medusa heads in the background, etc. And I'd love... *LOVE*... to hear some orchestrated music from Castlevania IV. Them's fighting musics.

He even has his own "winner" music, in the form of the "level complete" music from the various games.

I don't see why they wouldn't enter him in. He's just plain "the man". And I think with the addition of Snake, Simon would be right at home with having more "life-like" features.
Sadly Simon won't be playable as Snake is Konami's rep.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
your words are as empty as your soul.
Smashboards ill needs a poster such as you.
What is a smashboards poster?

*Throws wineglass*

A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!

Just so everyone knows, this is a quote (slightly edited to fit the situation) and is expressing displeasure with the statement, NOT flaming. This refers to both the quoted section and my response.

And it's the wrong Belmont, but that doesn't matter cause the quote is so awesome.

Top Bottom