• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vaati for SSBB?*Moveset added*

burrito

Smash Lord

I know that all of you guys want to see Skull Kid as the new Zelda character, but Vaati seems to have become more of a reoccuring villain. Yet, Skull Kid has only appeared in Majora's Mask and it doesn't look like we'll be seeing him again.

Vaati, being a wind sorceror, could probably have an interesting moveset. Plus, he's also badass. What do you guys think?

Edit:Moveset by Eaode!

Attributes:

Speed: 3/5
Size: 3/5
Weight: 2.5/5
Traction: 2/5
Power: 4/5
Fall Speed (Gravity): 2/5

Moves:

A: Backhand punch: Vaati jerks his fists quickly to the right
A,A: Kick: Spins clockwise and kicks with his left foot. Ends facing the other direction if A is not pressed again.
A,A,A: After spinning, he lunges forward with a final punch
Dash A: Bends over, and thrusts wind out from his palms (like if you were doing a cartwarl). He then flips once and comes down with a double kick (See Yunsung's ^K From Soul Calibur 2)

>A: Bends his knees and punches with his right hand. If the opponent is out of range (But still close), they will be blown backward a small amount
vA: Stands on one bent leg and thrusts the other outward (has upward+outward knockback)
^A: Extends his arm upward, and anyone above him is blown upward further, preventing strikes from above.

Forward Smash: Vaati Bends his knee, taking a balancing stance. When released, he will thrust the bent leg down to the ground, spin on it, and strongly jerk his other leg outward (last part look's like C. Falcon's from SSB64)
Down Smash: Vaati crosses his arms and quickly jerks them toward the ground. Two balls of energy/air will appear near the ground (like Mewtwo's Dsmash, but on both sides) and knock away enemies.
Up Smash: Stands on one hand briefly and launches himself off the ground, kicking opponents above him, and then lands.

Nair: Spins quickly and does a sex kick. This works like Dr Mario's by that the longer it's out, the stronger it gets.
Fair: Swings his right arm diagonally and releases a small batch of burning embers outward a short distance.
Bair: Spins around counterclockwise, with Right leg extended, hitting opponents behind him and spinning back around.
Uair: Releases a small gust beneath him and rises a (Very) small distance while performing an uppercut.
Dair: Bends his arms and legs in, and then stretches them out (like Ness), If an opponent is out of range (but still close) it will blow the slightly downward. If It connects directly, it is a meteor smash.

Specials:

Neutral B: Energy blast: Vaati will hold his Right hand at shoulder height, clawing his fingers. A small energy ball will begin to appear in his hand. Max charge time is equal t Samus's charge shot, but you can stop anytime. When you are done charging, he will carry it in his right hand. You can also fire it upward or downward, delivering some special effects. When Fired, it will be one of three blasts.....
Air: More common then the other two, this blast will quickly fly in a straight path until it hits something, delivering mid-high knockback and low damage. Fired up it will create a small vortex around him, sucking opponents in. When fired down, Vaati will blast himself upward, which can be used as an alternate recovery move.
Fire: Less common than air, this blast will start at a high speed, but slow down and fall as it flies through the air. When it hits the opponent, it will explode, delivering decent damage and knockback. When Fired up, Vaati will extend his arms and fire a fire beam upward (think plasma beam in Metroid Prime), when Fired down, Vaati will be engulfed in flames for a second.
Stone: This blast is rarer than the first two, but not the least common. When released, it will fly at a mid-slow speed until it its something. If it hits an enemy, it will turn them to stone for a short time, depending on their damage and button mashing. During this time they can't do ANYTHING. Hitting them with any attack that does over 10% damage will free them. Firing it upward will,.... well...... fire it upward. Firing downward however, will Turn Vaati into stone (like Kirby's downB), but cannot be cancelled out of and cannot be grabbed. You have to get ut like your enemies would. Stun time afterward is less as a tradeup. If it hits an Airbourne opponent, it will not turn them to stone, but just deliver knockback like the fire blast
Lightning: The least common of the four, this will fly in an eratic and unpredictable path until it makes contact with something. When it hits an opponent, it will shock them for a short time, and deliver high damage and knockback. When Fired up, it will create a small lightning strike (like Pikachu's, but a little weaker.) When fired down, Vaati will create a web of electircity around him (below him in the air)
You will be able to tell which blast it is when it is fully charged.

Forward B: Wind Shove: Vaati will bring his arms inward and shove them forward. This releases a powerful gust of wind, blowing away opponents. If an Airbourne opponent is hit by this, it will give them their Up-B back. If used in te air, it will push Vaati backward slightly.

Down B: Twister: Vaati will extend his hands upward, and call down a tornado from the sky. It will not pass through platforms. Once it reaches ground, Vaati will be able to control it to a certain degree. Tilting the control stick to the left or right will bend the twister slightly. When an opponent get's too close, it will suck them in and deliver damage like Young Link's Up-B. It will also suck in nearby items and swirl them around, throwing some out occaisionally. If opponents are in the twister with items flying around, they will do extra damage. The tornado will lastup to 5 seconds. When it ends, it will send out opponents in random directions.

Up B: Sonic Boom: Vaati will stop in the air for a moment, and bring in his arms. Then he will fling them backward and blow a powerful blast oif wind/sonicboom behind him. This will propel him upward at a high speed. Goes for a distance like the Firefox, but has limited maneuverability (curve a little in tilted direction) Those hit will be flung in the opposite direction while receiving damage. During the beginning animation (bringing arms in) he will have some stun resistance.

Throws:

Grab: Vaati extends his hand, and a gust of wind comes toward him, bringing in an opponent with the range of Marth's grab (**** the range!! xD)

Attack: Vaati will jerk the victim around while hitting them with alternating attacks of Wind, Fire, and Lighting.

Up: Vaati throws the opponent upward, and then extends his arm upward, delivering the real knockback with a gust of wind.

Forward: Vaati withdraws his arms from the enemy and then thrusts both palms into them (Dare i say it... like in DBZ....), blowing the victim away with considerable force.

Back: Grabs the opponent, and rolls backward. When on his back, he does a handstand kick and launches in the air. While airbourne, he spins around and swings his arms downward, blowing a crecent of wind to knock the opponent back farther.

Down: Vaati jumps on the victim's chest, and jumps off backward, while hitting them to the ground. Then he fires a ball of lightning back at the opponent, which shocks them and launches them a small amount in the air.

Misc.:

Get-Up attack:
-Under 100%: Vaati jumps up and does a propellar kick, spinning twice in the air.
-Over 100%: Vaati Struggles to ge on his back, blows gusts of air from his hands (blowing away opponents) and the gets up.

Edge Attack:
-Under 100%: Flips up from the edge and kicks opponents before sticking a landing.
-Over 100%: Struggles to pull self up, when arms are above the ledge, he blows away opponents with a gust of wind, and the climbs up.

Super Smash!
Vaati will transform into his first form from the Minish Cap (sorcerer with a long cape covering a mysterious eyeball) and small spider like creatures will appear covered in darkness. They will scatter off of the stage and around it. They will then begin firing Red lasers onto the stage. These will knock opponents back farther than the master hands lasers and do more damage. There will be around 10 lasers sweeping across the entire stage for about 10 seconds. During this time Vaati will also release embers in every direction. The lasers will not pass through platforms.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Skull Kid appeared in Ocarina of Time, and he's been spotted in trailers for Twilight Princess as well, so he appears in that game. True, Majora's Mask, what gave him his malevolent powers, appeared in the one game. But the Skull Kid is still a recognizable character.

What games has Vaati appeared in anyway? I've heard of him, but I don't know what he's from.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Vaati's in the Four Swords series (The Minish Cap, Four Swords, and Four Swords Adventures). He's a Picori (Minish) that steals a wish-giving power from his master (the hat in Minish Cap) and uses it to become all powerful and all that jazz. He's the last boss in Four Swords and Minish Cap; in Four Swords Adventures its Ganon (who released Vaati back into the world. ) He's only humanesque in design, like in the OP's picture, in Minish Cap, where as elsewhere he's a big black one eyed blob (kinda like Kracko from Kirby but more menacing).

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I don't even know who or what Vaati is. I had to look at this topic to even get an idea of who he/she is.

It would be odd to add a cartoon-like Zelda character and mingle them with the realistic-looking Zelda characters. Just seems moronic to me.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
The only female villain in Zelda was Veran in Oracle of Seasons. Unless they're talking about Twinrova...

Vaati could just be made realistic if they decide to use him. They OoT characters cartoony for Minish Cap; there's no reason it couldn't work in reverse. In fact, I wanna see WW Link realistic like...that would rule...

burrito

Smash Lord
xianfeng said:
Bad@ss???
Yeah, i like his design. Want to fight about it?

It would be odd to add a cartoon-like Zelda character and mingle them with the realistic-looking Zelda characters.
He only looks like that because he's from the handheld games. They'd obviously make him more realistic looking.

He's only humanesque in design, like in the OP's picture, in Minish Cap, where as elsewhere he's a big black one eyed blob
Yeah, but that version of him wouldn't really be good for fighting. It could make a good supermove.

Skull Kid appeared in Ocarina of Time, and he's been spotted in trailers for Twilight Princess as well, so he appears in that game. True, Majora's Mask, what gave him his malevolent powers, appeared in the one game. But the Skull Kid is still a recognizable character.

What games has Vaati appeared in anyway? I've heard of him, but I don't know what he's from.
Yeah, but he's a minor character in OOT and I assume he is going to be a minor character in TP. Vaati was in Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, and The Minish Cap as a major boss. It also looks like we're going to see him in a lot of games in the future. He'll probably be in the DS installment of Four Swords.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
If they want to include another Zelda character, it should be this guy or Skull Kid. Personally, I'm leaning towards Vaati, He seems to be the 'new' main villain for Zelda from what I've heard, and he'd give the SSBB team an excuse to make a fighter based around wind attacks (don't laugh: you know what I mean, and it doesn't come from Wario!)

D

Deleted member

I've been waiting for this for a very long time...

Seriously, Vaati would 'pwn' at SSBB. With a mix of swordplay and magic, he would be a cool new addition to the rooster.

BTW, the only other character in Zelda you COULD possibly confuse him for was Ralph, from Oracle of Ages. Both deserve to be in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mwah I dunno about Vaati. He is probarly not in Twilight Princess and since the Zelda characters are probarly all based on Twilight princess... Im sorry Vaati doesn't has too much chance to **** some anusses in SSBB. Neither does Skull Kid really do, but if Young Link is there the changes will become bigger.

Shark X

Smash Lord
I'm surprised. The simple harmless D word is consered, but the harmful word of **** isn't. Odd.

Vaati needs to be in TP. I can't think of any reason why except that Vaati needs to get out of the Handhelds games and make a console appearence.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would sure like to see Vaati in TP to. Not as the main villian but as a boss somewhere at the end of the game.

Rowe

Smash Cadet
If Vaati were to be in this game, he'd probably be one of my mains. I kinda hope they'd reshade him like that mockup photoshop someone did. That was awesome.

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
Vaati would definitaly be cool if he was in it, never seen him in a game, but sounds like he has some neat moves.

Wind would be a new element with many posibilities

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Holy Necro Batman!

Why has all discussion on Vaati died? He's definitely in my top 5 for characters to get into Brawl. Also, regardless of whether or not he can actually use a sword, it is hinted at, and we haven't had any characters in Smash so far that have ben caster and swordsman (or any weapon for that matter). That would really create a unique character IMO, plus Vaati is just awesome.

Has anyone come up with any ideas for a moveset? He appears (from the games) to have the ability to teleport, although that is a little generic...

DokturSea

Smash Lord
PS. Since when does skull kid have a flute? o_0;;
Yeah, go play Ocarina of Time. ALL the Skull Kids have flutes. Pretty much all they do it play them and dance around. The flutes also double as blow guns, a prime candidate for Skull Kid's moveset, thank you very much.

Yes, I am a HUGE Skull Kid supporter. He would probably be the best. Ever. So I say NO to Vaati, but only if he replaces Skull Kid. As long as SK gets in, I could care less who else does.

burrito

Smash Lord
I'm not so sure about Vaati, anymore. Heroes of winds Link might be (and in my opinion should be) included in brawl and he would make Vaati redundant. Since, they both would use wind attacks.

I personally don't care for Skull Kid in brawl either.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, Skull kids do have flutes, I just don't remember The skull kid with Majora's mask ever playing a flute, I was confused.

Vaati, as a wind sorcerer, would bring an AWESOME and original moveset. And I argue against WW link (AKA Hero of winds) for brawl. He's just another link, as Y. Link was. You could give him different moves than link, but those moves could be used for link, they just arent. In tat logic, we should have another Mario, and another Samus, because you could give them different moves. Hell, you could even have 12 Samuses (Sami??), or more, and have them all ave different moves.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I'm not so sure about Vaati, anymore. Heroes of winds Link might be (and in my opinion should be) included in brawl and he would make Vaati redundant. Since, they both would use wind attacks.

I personally don't care for Skull Kid in brawl either.
You're FOR Celda and AGAINST Skullie? Man, you're opinions are WHACK. I'm personally against any more different versions of the same character stuff. But that's off topic.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I guess if you follow that logic, Captain Falcon is redundant because Roy uses fire attacks...

Top Bottom