• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vaati for SSBB?*Moveset added*

D

Deleted member

That's good. Its nice to see people putting work into movesets as well.

He's got a cool hat. I WANT VATTI IN BRAWL!

RWB

Smash Ace
i think vaati's best shot to get into brawl is if he is the bad guy in LoZ: the Phantom Hourglass (coming out for the DS probably round the end of the year, not sure though). this way he would act as a rival to WW link (who has made it, in my mind anyway) as well as an advertisement for Phantom hourglass (a la roy's role in melee).

also, about his moveset......no sword? i know theres been a bit of a proliferation of sword users in brawl (seems that way to me anyway) but cmon, in the minish cap he wins the sword fighting tourney in hyrule right at the start (before we know hes a bad panda).

It isn't a sword fighting tourney, that was a mistranslation.

I find Vaati the most likely new Zelda character, as he is the second greatest villain behind ganon(dorf).

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
It isn't a sword fighting tourney, that was a mistranslation.

I find Vaati the most likely new Zelda character, as he is the second greatest villain behind ganon(dorf).
please tell me what it really was then. why would the prize of some other tourney be to touch the most famous sword in the land, and recieve a sword?

and ppl, spell it right. vAAti. 2 A's, 1 t.

Eaode

Smash Champion
I'm happy to see that people still like the moveset :grin:

If you want to look at the debate over the sword go to pages 2/3 of this thread. Somewhere around there is where I was told of the mistranslation, and changed my moveset almost entirely.

RWB

Smash Ace
Swords was a usual ceremonial gift in medieval ages, so it does make sence giving him one. Usually those were mostly decorative...

And touching the Sacred Blade is an honor only for the worthiest... Also makes sence. ^^

:034:

Smash Hero
Awesome moveset you got there. Even though Vaati doesn't have much popularity under non-Zelda players, I think he'd be a nice addition to the cast. And everybody likes villains. =P

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Swords was a usual ceremonial gift in medieval ages, so it does make sence giving him one. Usually those were mostly decorative...

And touching the Sacred Blade is an honor only for the worthiest... Also makes sence. ^^
um yea, but in medieval ages (i assume you're referring to europe, which hyrule is more similar to than japan) there wasnt martial arts tourneys. there was jousting and melees (everyone gets a weapon, jumps in a big pit and whacks at each other till theres only one guy left). your argument contradicts itself. but dont worry, i dont care that thats how it is in the game, but it think the mistranslation actually made more sense.

burrito

Smash Lord
I was just thinking how awesome it would be if Vaati was in Brawl. I should probably be supporting this thread more, since I originally created it.

*crosses fingers* Here's to hoping that Vaati is in Phantom Hourglass. It comes out in Japan in 3 days.

On a side note, I always thought it would be awesome if their would be a 3D Zelda game with Vaati, Majora, Ganondorf, and maybe those other villains from the Oracle series, too. In fact Ganondorf getting possessed by Majora's Mask would be epic. Whenever my friends talked to me about playing Twilight Princess, I would always jokingly ask them if they had fought Majora Ganon yet.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I completely support Vaati for Brawl...he is my favorite Zelda villain...then its Majora, Zant and finally Ganon...the rest dont interest me as much...

the moveset is great but I think it should utilize eyeballs a bit more...you know, those 4 eyeballs he always has with him in his first and final form in MC?....I would post my own idea for a moveset but it would pretty much be alot like the one already put up on the first post...with maybe a few moves that are different...and definately more eyeballs....heh heh....

Wreked

Smash Lord
I'm all for Vaati in Brawl. He is definitely in my top ten, maybe even my top five. He's also my second Zelda character, Midna and Wolf Link being first.

RWB

Smash Ace
um yea, but in medieval ages (i assume you're referring to europe, which hyrule is more similar to than japan) there wasnt martial arts tourneys. there was jousting and melees (everyone gets a weapon, jumps in a big pit and whacks at each other till theres only one guy left). your argument contradicts itself. but dont worry, i dont care that thats how it is in the game, but it think the mistranslation actually made more sense.
My argument does in no way contradict itself. Did I ever mention the actual tournament?
I only said that swords were usual ceremonial gifts.

You are strange.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Just started playing Minish Cap w/ an emulator, Vaati just got temporarily elevated to my top 5 most wanted in brawl.
But srsly i do think he is the most deserving zelda character other than the ones already in melee, he's lile the main zelda villain for the handheld zelda series where as ganondorf is the main villain for console zelda games

Wreked

Smash Lord
Yes ManBearPig we have intelligence on this board.

Vaati would be so cool. I didn't want him at first but after I saw a moveset, hells yeah I want him.

Nyan

Smash Apprentice
Vaati FTW!

I want more mages in brawl and Vaati wuld be grat as a wind mage.

I really think the Zelda Wii (not crossbow) Vaati will be featured. Some maby argue that he died in FSA but his "death" animation was more like when someone went to the darkworld and not the classic boss explotion. (sorry don´t have vid to prove it but if anyone have, POST IT!).

He looks awsome, can turn ppl to stone (can skull kid do that ? NO!) and is purple (deserves an evil point):grin:

I knida liked the moveset you posted.

Youkai Master

Smash Apprentice
Vaati is way better than anything to do with wolfs, kids with skulls or midnas...

Seriously he's too good, plus he's been in 3 games he definately deserves it.

Nyan

Smash Apprentice
BTW, what you guys think happened to Vaati in the end of FSA. His death animation looked really wierd, more like an teleport (to the dark relm?).

I'd like to see Vaati as the fifth Zelda character (the others being Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf and Young Link (WW)). He's in my top ten for most-wanted newcomers (sixth I think).

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
I'd love him playable, he'd make a great zelda rep, which is a series that doesnt have many possible reps (come on Midna has like no shot, at least Vaati appeared a lot in a lot of fantastically rated games)

Vaati would be so much fun. Seriously, he is one of my all time most wanted, now that Dedede was officially confirmed.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I just want to know, do you guys think that Vaati will get in over Twilight Princess's Zant and Midna as a playable character? I sure do, I mean, c'mon he's a reocurring boss from various Zelda games and he's like next to Ganon in awesomeness.

Zant and Midna have only appeared in 1 thus far and shouldn't get in before him just because they look cool and look oh so graphical on TP.

Edit: It should go as follows:

Ganondorf, then Vaati, then Skull Kid, then anybody else from the Zelda series.

Stado

Smash Apprentice
Vaati's actually my number one most wanted character for Brawl, it's just that it doesn't seem likely that he'll even get a shot at the game's roster, so I tend not to yell out my support for him to the high heavens. Still, it'd be nice to see him in one of his more monstrous forms as a boss in the Subspace Emissary.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Vaati is my most supportive Zelda newcomer, I don't see why the likes of Midna and Zant should get in over him.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I just want to know, do you guys think that Vaati will get in over Twilight Princess's Zant and Midna as a playable character? I sure do, I mean, c'mon he's a reocurring boss from various Zelda games and he's like next to Ganon in awesomeness.

Zant and Midna have only appeared in 1 thus far and shouldn't get in before him just because they look cool and look oh so graphical on TP.

Edit: It should go as follows:

Ganondorf, then Vaati, then Skull Kid, then anybody else from the Zelda series.
Zant is nowhere near being playable... he is way too minor, but then again, he is really on the same league with Skull Kid, I don't know why people like him.

Raxivace

Smash Cadet
For me, Vaati is one of those characters that I don't really care too much about, but if he is in, then alright, why not. Personally I'd rather see Skull Kid, but I swear if Tingle gets in before either of these guys... :mad:

EDIT: Wow, didn't realize it was such an old topic...

courte

Smash Lord
Vaati is my 6th most wanted character. Though I think they should give him a more realistic look, as if he were in Twilight Princess.
then theyd have to make ganondorf WW style--Little link can't go into the fray by his lonesome lookin all... weird

on top of that vaati represents the in betweens of the nintendo spectrum something we dont see too often--there are animals and then there are humans

then there are... your foxes anthropormorphic fox and your marios... comically mishapen human

Top Bottom