• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CHAIN LIGHTNING - a Pichu Combo Vid (that's right, PICHU!)

T0MMY

Smash Master
Greetings, my fellow Smashers. There was a prophecy that one day the magical video capturing device of old would come into my hands, and on that day I would be able to show to you, the audience of the smashboards, a combo video featuring none other than Pichu.

This is no ordinary Pichu, for he is my pet Pichu... nay, not a pet... but a warrior! I have trained him long in the martial arts to take on the Foxes, Sheiks, and Marths I come across in Smash tournements.

Mind, you, I spent a long time making this look nice for you, and I'm not expecting anything in return, so comments are very much appreciated. I hope you enjoy this :lick:

HERE ARE THE LINKS:

Stream @ putfile.com
PUTFILE

The video can also be found on my site
NSMadhouse

Downloadable Version (hope you have a Flash Player)
Filefront

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As an added bonus, I also put up my Pichu guide in the Pichu character thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1451865#post1451865 - The Pichu Paradigm - a comprehensive guide to Pichu mastery

Mind you, I'm very thourough with my guide, so it's quite a read, but new Pichu techniques have finally been revealed to the public! :dizzy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you liked this video, you'd probably like 1-800-KIRBYCIDE by my brother: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72490

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
second post *sigh*

I will edit after

lol, It was a really nice video, with nice editage I must say!
props for finding this weird chaingrab XD
8/10

T0MMY

Smash Master
Point Blank said:
Sweet vid. Can you upload it to Filefront or something?
Yeah, I can do that... but the problem I've found with downloading is people usually have a Flash player on their browser but won't be able to watch it on their computer offline. Kind of odd. But there's a way I can export as a Flash Projector file which pretty much puts a mini Flash Player in with the movie.

I'm a bit burned out on this project right now, seeing as I put a lot of my weekend into it, so I'll edit with the filefront link later.

phish-it

Smash Champion
The moment we've all been waiting for has arrived. Nice editing on the whole thing.

It's always good to see other Pichu players out there, but yours, yours is so reckless! All those sparks hurt! You don't really need to give 2.5 damage to your opponent when grabbing in exchange for 1 of yours, it's just not worth it, since they have time to DI as well.

But anywho....
Who wouldv'e known the critter had 2 infinites? Not I atleast.

I thought of making a Pichu Combo vid before, but too much of a good thing could be a bad thing right?

T0MMY

Smash Master
phish-it said:
It's always good to see other Pichu players out there, but yours, yours is so reckless! All those sparks hurt! You don't really need to give 2.5 damage to your opponent when grabbing in exchange for 1 of yours, it's just not worth it, since they have time to DI as well.
I actually shock them so they start trying to wiggle free and then I toss them. It's a good way to finish Falco off when he's about the 100% mark. He goes right over your head and then you Nair him. Bye bye birdy.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Loved it, learned a few new things from there.

Nice mindgames to, especially when you forward chain throwed c.falcon twice and pulled a f-smash the third time.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I guess I am not seeing the same thing everyone else it. I typically dont have a problem with vids. But i just see this red screen thing. Then a few pichu pics but then black for a while then red agian.

T0MMY

Smash Master
co_and_me said:
I guess I am not seeing the same thing everyone else it. I typically dont have a problem with vids. But i just see this red screen thing. Then a few pichu pics but then black for a while then red agian.
You are one of the 5% of the population that needs a Flash 8 Player. Go to Macromedia.com and download it there.

Bloody_Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Nice video. Yo co and Me click on the second link cuz the first 1 didnt work for me either and wait until it uploads theres a loading screen in the bottom right corner.

Blind

Honorbound
It was quite nice and there were some interesting combos pulled off... particularly wall chainthrows with f-throw. Good editing, fun song, nice work.

Point of criticism though: your friends could probably have DI'ed out of many of the combos, and they didn't seem particularly fast or precise in their movements.

Still though, it was a good watch.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I dont think the fthrow against a wall works on fox. I tried it against my friend and he just shined me out of it. IDK maybe i was slow on the grab.

Yatta Dante

Smash Cadet
Great vid, I learned from it. XD

I can't wait to fight you when I am in there. I'll have to think of some things around some of your Pichu methods.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fantastic video.

While most Smash combo videos are simple affairs where one clip leads to another with no sense of style or timing, this video is oozing with personality, humor, and flair. So you get props for great editing and composition in addition to having a great Pichu.

Well done!

(Oh, and I like your choice in music; it mirrors my own :))

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Mindgames!

I dont think I've ever played your pichu yet haha, I've played timmy's kirby but only with my own low tiers i think, shoulda came to my smashfest! thinking about holding another one though, so we'll see what happens.

Great vid too, great song as well.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Tori said:
I dont think I've ever played your pichu yet haha, I've played timmy's kirby but only with my own low tiers i think, shoulda came to my smashfest! thinking about holding another one though, so we'll see what happens.

Great vid too, great song as well.
Well you can play my pichu when socal comes july 1st. If you make it up here.:laugh:

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Time for me to add my two cents to this topic.

The editing was really great, T0MMY, big props to that.

About the vid itself.:

Most of the combos you pull of were nice, but could be DI'd out of so easily. I understand your opponent can miss his DI when you Upsmash him 1 time, but barely DIing 3 upsmashes in a row seems a little weird to me.

There was one thing that really suprised me: Your use of the Up-B. Myself, I'm very good at sweetspotting etc, but you really make GREAT use of it. Especially the clip against Marth where you Up-B towards him, utilizing your 1 frame lag time to get to him as quickly as possible. Good ****!

You also make good use of thunder ^^ Everyone has to <3 the thunder.

Anyway, I didn't see many bairs? Pichu's Bair is an excellent attack and probably even more useful than his Nair. Great for comboing too. I didn't see too much dairs either, but that's quite understandable. Ever tried the Up-air Down-air combo? :)

Your overall play is a little reckless I think. I could be wrong though.

Overall it was a good vid, even though most combos don't impress me, since I pulled most off myself too, you have some very original ones I've never done before XD I'm not doubting this vid will impress most people here on smashboards. Good **** for being the first one to show what Pichu can do.

Now wait for my and supa def's vid to come ;)

T0MMY

Smash Master
NGCXX said:
Time for me to add my two cents to this topic.

The editing was really great, T0MMY, big props to that.

About the vid itself.:

Most of the combos you pull of were nice, but could be DI'd out of so easily. I understand your opponent can miss his DI when you Upsmash him 1 time, but barely DIing 3 upsmashes in a row seems a little weird to me.

There was one thing that really suprised me: Your use of the Up-B. Myself, I'm very good at sweetspotting etc, but you really make GREAT use of it. Especially the clip against Marth where you Up-B towards him, utilizing your 1 frame lag time to get to him as quickly as possible. Good ****!

You also make good use of thunder ^^ Everyone has to <3 the thunder.

Anyway, I didn't see many bairs? Pichu's Bair is an excellent attack and probably even more useful than his Nair. Great for comboing too. I didn't see too much dairs either, but that's quite understandable. Ever tried the Up-air Down-air combo? :)

Your overall play is a little reckless I think. I could be wrong though.

Overall it was a good vid, even though most combos don't impress me, since I pulled most off myself too, you have some very original ones I've never done before XD I'm not doubting this vid will impress most people here on smashboards. Good **** for being the first one to show what Pichu can do.

Now wait for my and supa def's vid to come ;)
Thanks for the lenghty comment.
I noticed that most people don't know Pichu can sneak in so many Up-smashes on Fox, after the first one they DI late and I get the second one in while they start their DI and on a rare occassion I can get a third one in. Most of the time I have to Up-Smash and Slide with them to get more in, but this is a Combo Vid, I'm not going to put in the worst of my videos, haha.

Yeah, I've been working on developing all kinds of techniques for the Up+B. I really think that's where Pichu's true potential lies. It's fun to grab ledges, zip around, and maximize the 1 frame lag.

Actually, I rarely use Thunder. Usually I only use it after an Up-Smash and hope it KO's them. That one clip I got Link 3 times with it, hahahaha. I'm glad I got that on video.

I haven't been too hot for B-airs, but that's changed over time. Most of these clips are kind of old, so there were only a couple good clips I can be proud of. I haven't been playing competitively very long and later picked up playing Pichu, which is a terrible choice for competition, but it certainly takes people by surprise and seems to make matches more fun.

But I had a feeling there was some footage in there that'd be new to most people, and it's going to take forever to get my Pichu Video Guide done, so I decided to show off some of the stuff there.

Yeah, I like leading into those D-airs. U-air or U-tilt and then smack them right off with the D-air... it can be quite surprising. I was pretty limited to what I could show off because I didn't have a lot of footage and the capture device was borrowed from my friend. I hope I have a lot better footage to show off for my next one. And I'll be waiting to see what you and Super Def can cook up for yours!

co_and_me

Smash Lord
so yeah this 1 fram lag thing. When ever i use the upb i have lag in what way r u using it difrerently?

T0MMY

Smash Master
co_and_me said:
so yeah this 1 fram lag thing. When ever i use the upb i have lag in what way r u using it difrerently?
Read my Pichu Guide, I have an entire section dedicated to the Up+B.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
Nice video,Its nice to know atleast SOME people play as pichu and are good with him.

Go enter a tornement and humiliate some smash noobs that use noone but shiek and marth.

shoe

Smash Ace
Awesome vid, I've seen NGCXX play Pichu so I had seen some of pichu's potential allready, but it's still nice to see it all summed up.

Great editing too, in editing aspect this is one of the best combo vids on smashboards.

Some things the oponents did were silly though, like the fox that up-B'd so close he was begging for f-smash and where the fox kept sheilding when you regrabbed him, he could have shined or something. But I understand that you took the worst things they did out of clips, so I guess it's understandable.

I liked the credits too, keeping their names secret because nobody likes being pwned by Pichu lmao..

Top Bottom