• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New 3RD-Party Character: Sparkster

parrothead

Smash Lord
NOTE: If you want me to submit a 3RD-Party character, then how about this one.

Name: Sparkster
First Game Appearance: Rocket Knight Adventures
Platform: SEGA Genesis/SEGA Mega Drive
Owner: Konami

Special Moves:

B: Energy Sword (tap B to slash a longer range than your slashes used by the A-Button, or hold B to charge and shoot an energy slash from the sword)

Forward+B: Rocket Burst (to use this move, you must face the opposite direction of your opponent to burst the flames from Sparkster's rocket pack at your opponent)

Up+B: Rocket Slash (flies until he comes near an opponent and slashes him/her/it)

Down+B: Rocket Spin (spins around using his rocket pack as much as Mario's/Luigi's/Dr. Mario's Down+B moves.)

Taunt:

Entrance: Flies in using his rocket pack.

Extreme Attack: Ultra Rocket Burst (Charges up his rocket, then flies straight upward while releasing a gigantic burst of flames on every opponent.)

And here are two videos:

Sparkster VS. Axle Gear

AND

Time Attack of the SNES version of Sparkster

parrothead

Smash Lord
Meta_Geno_Knight said:
He never was on a Nintendo system.
He was, it was for the SNES called Sparkster, which is a spin-off of the Genesis/Mega Drive sequel of the same name.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
parrothead said:
He was, it was for the SNES called Sparkster, which is a spin-off of the Genesis/Mega Drive sequel of the same name.
Oh, well you should have said something lol. Then perhaps he would be a good character.

parrothead

Smash Lord
One reason why I made this submission is because I believe that Konami characters have a higher chance at entering than characters owned by other 3RD-Party developers.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Sparkster for the SNES was such an awesome game! I like what I played of Rocket Knight Adventures, but since I didn't have a Genesis, access was rather limited...

Yeah, Sparkster would fit the game so well, but he may be a bit too forgotten by now...
But SSB seems to be a great vehicle for the revival of older franchises, so here's to hoping Konami will put that into consideration.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Parrothead, Why don't you do a topic for Drilldozer's Jill? I love that character and I remember that you had it in your overlooked character topic...

Back on topic, Im OK with Sparkster, though he looks way too much forgotten to me.

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
You know... Marth and Roy weren't even really known when Melee came around. Also, I'm sure not too many people were certain that there was even such a thing as a "Game and Watch" system.

I've never seen this guy before, but the person who started the topic has a good debate going about him being in Brawl. I agree. There's a much greater chance for Konami characters as far as 3rd party goes. He is old yes, but he sort of falls into the same category as the characters I already mentioned.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
I was actually thinking about making a thread asking people what they think about sparkster making it into brawl, but yea he beat me to it. I hope that sparkster makes it. Rocket Knight Adventures was a cool game and i think sparkster could make a great character and would be a good addition to the game.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
parrothead said:
One reason why I made this submission is because I believe that Konami characters have a higher chance at entering than characters owned by other 3RD-Party developers.
I agree totally ;) I don't get where people this whole "Sega and Namco all the way baby!" idea. Konami's already in the bag :laugh:

I LOVED Rocket Knight Adventures as a kid, and played the hell out of Sparkster when I got my hands on that (SNES Version; I later found the Genesis one and enjoyed that too). He's one of Konami's forgotten heroes, which is a shame; an opossum with a jetpack is a pretty cool idea.
I've wanted him to appear in some new title, esp. Smash, since SSB64 came out, even though I need it was very unlikely.

Now, personally, if I had to make a moveset, I would let him charge his jetpack to boost all his attacks, since that's the whole gimmick to his games, y'know? :p

Pikawil

Smash Cadet
FlipTroopa said:
I agree totally ;) I don't get where people this whole "Sega and Namco all the way baby!" idea.
Nintendo, Sega and Namco developped the Triforce arcade system together IIRC... and we can't forget about the whole Mario/Sonic rivalry and Link in SC2, can't we?

parrothead

Smash Lord
ON TOPIC:

Sparkster is probably about as well-known as the Ice Climbers.

OFF TOPIC:

-Mace-Solo- said:
I'm sure not too many people were certain that there was even such a thing as a "Game and Watch" system.
That was because it became a short fad back in the 80s, then it became almost forgotten. One reason why they added Mr. Game & Watch is because there are a lot of Game & Watch fans in Japan, Europe, and America, and Game & Watch handhelds are pieces of Gunpei Yokoi's history.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'm going to say no to this idea. There is only going to be 1 or 2 3rd party characters, and there are more deserving 3rd party selections.

Besides, I don't want those two of those 3 3rd party selections to be from the same company. It wouldn't appeal to as many people if he were in either.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*BUMP*

I've added a couple of videos showing Sparkster in action on the first page of this thread.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Fond as I am of this character (and the games), I don't think he would be a very good choice for SSBB.

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
Man I'm totally in with Sparkster (now if they could just add Ristar...) I grew up with a Genesis until Kingdom Hearts came out, which is when I got a PS2. I only had the first game though, so I'm not used to seeing him without a helmet on. I still remember the best part of the game was holding down the charge button for too long so it would make his pack explode classically with the black face and the bug eyes. :laugh:

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Konami still has better candidates in Simon Belmont, Goemon, and Bill Rizer.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Oh yes. I love this guy. Sparkster is awesome and playing his games yields a moveset that's perfect for Brawl.

One hitch, though, instead of simple rocket bursts, I think his super corkscrew spin should be in there somewhere (Rocket Knight Adventures 2, let your rocket charge up to maximum and press Boost+Direction).

His sword isn't made of energy, though. It's just a regular sword that sometimes gets fire powerups.

And his final smash should have him pull out that big blue mech thing of his.

Zevox

Smash Lord
That was one of my favorite games on the Genesis, just behind Sonic and Vector Man. Such a shame they stopped making those games.

Still, no way he'd make it into Brawl. Third party + dead series = no reason to be in. If any more third party characters make it, it'll no doubt be big-name guys who will help sell the game to even wider audiences.

Zevox

Chilindrino

Smash Cadet
All For Him!

He Is Adorable!

And Dangerous!

If Anyone Says No To This Guy, I Would Like To See Them Play With Him And Then Talk, Because It Is Not Really Fair When You Never Gave A Chance! Buttholes!

Top Bottom