• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL Duck Hunt Dog Thread

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I would personally love this character, but at the very least, I would be satisfied with a duck hunt stage... he could be laughing in the background.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm fully convinced with the 8-Bit AT's, that's the best Duck Hunt anything is getting repped

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well of course... even if he wasn't great.... I mean that taunt.... how can you not want that taunt in?

volbound1700

Smash Master
People say there is no way to find moveset... well he sniffs around and moves like a dog. Dogs paw at people, they bite people, pounce, etc. Also he is a hunting dog and they know how to attack and kill prey. You could also do funny things with the Nintendo blaster and with the birds.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Yes, I suppose He could very easily have a Banjo Kazooie flavored moveset using those ducks. And using the Zapper peripheral as a weapon would be another great addition

Bane

Smash Journeyman
What I see is a Duck Hunt AT, in which ducks start dive-bombing characters until you kill them, and once all the Ducks are gone the dog pops up from the bacground (like behind with pokemon trainer) and laughs. I'm afraid that, despite being awesome, he's not pc potential in my eyes.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I-I WAS SO BLIND!! HOW COULD I BE SO IGNORANT TO THE TRUTH INFRONT OF MY EYES!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

(aack...too many !!!..............)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
*pines for Laughing Dog*

Honestly, I mean, I still want Krystal the most, but Laughing Dog man...I'm yearning for him 2nd of all

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Heh. I LOVE IT!

Duck Hunt was a classic!!

My ideal moveset for him would have to be something like... I dunno...

B: Disk throw (loved this one)

B Down: Zapper blast (Lays on the ground and fires up to three shots before reloading, you aim up and down like a turret while laying down)

B Tilt: Fetch: Snatch a non-energy projectile (Missiles, turnips, bombs, etc) to throw it back later.

B Up: Fly away: (use a duck or two to gain height. When the recovery ends, the duck(s) will flap around randomly until they literally fly away.

Final Smash: Duck Season.- Ducks come out from everywhere, but so do hunters! Red crosshairs appear all over the screen trying to follow the ducks, while firing. Both the zapper shots and the ducks deal damage.

Taunt1: Sniffing
Taunt2: Raises duck
Taunt3: The LAUGH

Sure.. DHD may not be in my Top 10 supported character list.. But I love the idea anyway. :p I just had a waterfall of ideas.

Another 4-legged character would be nice, so if he's in, I wouldn't want him standing on two legs all the time...

As an AT he could follow his "master" and attack the very same person his "master" attacks. If master gets beaten down instead, he will laugh. If "master" beats down his opponent (makes him land on the floor) DHD will hold on to him/her for a free attack.

Or...

The dog would run after random opponents, pointing, then a zapper from 1st person point of view shoots at the character being pointed at. :p If player dodges attack, dog laughs.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I think if the DHD/LD was an AT he would pop out and laugh, then someone in the foreground will shoot him but will miss cuz he dodged it a milisecond before and appear somewhere else in the stage....this keeps repeating until the person shot 5-7 times

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Har har har.

He would be a good AT.

When released from an assist trophy, he would just lie in wait for a character to fall from sky where he would simply grab them by the neck, giggle, then fade into the floor for an instant KO.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Come on Laughing Dog.... you can still make it... there's one newcomer's slot open

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Come on Laughing Dog.... you can still make it... there's one newcomer's slot open
And it's meant for someone better then him.

I'm sorry if I'm hurting your feelings by saying that, but really, there are much better characters that could fill that position.

The Duck Hunt Dog's better off as an Assist Trophy. And if you want to take your aggression out on him, he could be one of those Assist Trophies you can attack!

Top Bottom