• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everything wii know about Brawl

Plomid

Smash Ace
Everything we know about Super smash bros. Brawl(SSBB)

Its Called Super Smash Bros Brawl(Dairanto Smash Bros. X in Japanese)

Its planned for a 2007 release

It will be wifi enabled and online play is being pushed

It will use the Game cube controller

The “wiimote” will be used one way or another and it has been stated that it may be used to trigger some "fox secret taunt/Samus EXTENDRR (killaOR reference)" like Easter eggs

Its not known whether the “Wiiconnect24” option will be used (but lets keep our fingers crossed)

the speed of the game will be moderated which probably means that there wont be such a difference between fast and slow characters (take Bowser and capt Falcon for example) and the speed vs power factor would be more equal (Speed>>>Power in melee)

it has been stated that the game could get easier and no one is entirely sure what that means.

Two unknown universal moves where sighted in the Nintendo world trailer. those where crawling and what looks like a quick roll or dodge
THEORY: quick roll could be a running dodge.

Apparently the double jump "Shock"(the little thing under you character when he double jumps) is still in the game

The Air Dodge was one of the first things to be revealed on the new Dojo. This makes gets us one step closer to wave dashing .

.::The Characters::.
Move sets and info on the characters (Sam=same as melee)

.::Mario::.
>Veteran(Since SSB)
>His model have been updated a lot from SSBM including the detail of his overalls
Ground moves
A=Sam
AAA=Sam (the kick is shown at the new dojo)
Special moves
Neutral=Fireball(Sam, but looks more detailed )
Side=Cape (Sam, shown in the first trialer)
Down=Tornado (Sam but looks more inescapable than in melee)
Tilts
Up=Sam (he jumps a little while performing this move which could mean more range)
Down=Sam (shown under characters>Mario on the new dojo)
Smashes
Side=Sam (the hit box looks larger)
Up= Sam (shown in the world trailer)
Down=Sam (shown in the World trailer)
Aerials
Nair= Sam (shown on the new Dojo)
Fair= Sam (appears to be split in two: 1(Doc) sends opponents plying forward 2(Mario) spike or meteor smash)
Uair=Sam (shown in the Nintendog scene in the first trailer)
Super Move
Super fireball
Mario charges a big fire ball(ala DBZ) that is as as wide as the battlefield but it seems escapable.
Series
Mario, Donkey Kong
First Game Playable
Donkey Kong 1981 Arcade

.::Link::.
>Veteran
>His model has been changed to the "twilight princess" model
Special moves
Neutral=Bow(Sam looks faster than in melee and he uses the bow from TP. he puts one knee down while shooting)
Up=Sword Spin ( Sam, althoug grounded up-b is a little different than from melee where it was a clean cut but in brawl it looks more like a whirlwind)
Tilts
Side=Sam(showed at the world trailer and the new dojo under characters>Link bottom left pic)
Smashes
Side=Sam (Second part of the smash showed on the new Dojo under how too play, last pic)
Up=Sam
Aerials
Fair=Sam(shown in th first trailer
Dair=Sam (main difference is that there is no bounce like in melee which could mean easier l canceling(if there even is one))
Super move
Triforce Attack
from what the player brings link hovers across the ground and attack one enemy with this move. its beens stated that this move looks somewhat like ,FF:VII Clouds, omni slash. the enemy is trapped between two Triforces While Link hits them numerous times and efter each hit the blade flashes with different colors
Series
Zelda series
First game Playable
Legend of Zelda 1986 NES
(random fact: this exact model of the master sword also appears in Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and will be in the Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess)

.::pikachu::.
>Veteran
>Its model have been slightly updated from SSBM
Ground moves
Special moves
Neutral=Electric jolt(both the grounded
Up=Quick attack
Down=Thunder
Tilts
Smashes
Side= Sam( the smash itself looks longer)
Down= Sam(the smash looks more powerful)
Aerials
Super move
N/A
Series
Pokemon
First game Playable
SSB 1999 N64 (in other games you just command him)

>In the new trailer Both its D and F smashes made apperance and both seem a bit improved
>It will be able to crawl as shown in the trailer. note that it is not his slower walk which is also shown in the trailer

.::Kirby::.
>He will be a playable character
>His model hasn’t been updated at all
Ground moves
Special moves
Tilts
Smashes
Aerials
Chef
A move from the Kirby games where he would gather all the enemies on the screen into his pot and make food out of them.
Super move
Series
Kirby
First game Playable
Kirby's Adventure GB
>He had 6 jumps in melee and it is probable that all of them will stay
>H
>All his old b moves were shown in the trailer
>Also, moves like: nair and u-smash were shown in the trailer
>His up smash looks like its much more powerful than in Melee and so does his fair
>His dair is still the screw kick from melee

.::Meta Kinght::.
>Newcomer
Ground moves
Dash attack= kinda like kirbys front smash which it could be(shown on this screen)

Aerials
Nair= Spins in the air with his sword out (shown in the second trailer at the mario kart stage after all the characters have been shown)
Dair=kinda like marths dair
Series
Kirby
First game Playable
Kirby's air ride
>he uses his cape as a shield
>Several moves were shown in the trailers but not many of them are known due to lack of a playable version of the game at e3
>However some moves tough are quiet easy to guess such as his dair at 00:57-00:58 and possibly his bair there shortly after and this is probably his fair

>He has several jumps but how many is not known
>His percentage-emblem is the “Kirby star” (should have been his m with sword thoug)
>His wings appear to come out only when he double-jumps
>His victory song will be a rocked version of Kirby´s song
>MAAANY moves where shown in the new trailer but they all looked alot like another and are quiet hard to explain but some are easy like nair :a spin with the sword out and fair when he attacks wario
>His jab is apperently a enless sword slash
>He will be able to hover long distances

Pit (Kid Icarus)
>He will be a playable Character
>His main weapon is a bow which he can disassemble into two small swords/knifes
>Several moves were shown in the trailer but not many of them are known due to lack of a playable version of the game at e3
>He has several jumps but how many is not known
>>His precentage-emblem is a bow and an arrow
(Random fact: this will be his 3rd apperence, playable, since his first game Kid Icarus on the Nintendo Entertainment System ,the second apperence was the gameboy title Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters )
>Many new moves where shown in the new trailer but they are quiet hard to explain

Samus
>She will be a playable character
>Her model has been somewhat updated from SSBM
>no moves are known
>She does have a super blaster move but it is not known if it is a super move or not, although it´s very likely that it is
>At first it was uncertain if she was to make an appearance but a recent update on the dojo cleared it for us
>Her percentage-emblem is the “screw-attack ball”
>From what trailer brings , Samus will turned into Zamus if she uses her Super Blaster move
>But this is what burrito had to say
burrito said:
When he says "Rather, under certain condition, Samus will 'remove' her power suit", he is talking about within the metroid games. The statement, "And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too." clearly contradicts Zero Suit Samus being a transformation character"
if this is the message Sakuria was trying to give us then maaany people misunderstood it but i surely hope this is the case

Zero-suit Samus (Zamus)
>Newcomer
>How she will be playable is uncertain at this point
>It has been said on the smash dojo that she isn’t really a newcomer but some kind of weaker faster version of regular Samus without her suit(and apparently all he b moves) which you will some how be turned into while playing as regular Samus
>Her percentage-emblem is the “screw-attack ball”
>She has a gun which she can transform into a plasma whip
>Her gun whip transformation animation was shown in the trailer
>Some moves where shown in the trailer like her d tilt is a sweeping kick alot like falcons except using both feet too kick her f tilt a Skiek like kick and eithe her up smash or down smash(rather up) a hand stand spin kick

Wario
>Newcomer
>His model is from the Warioware Inc.
>He has a fart move ,which builds up over time, i
It is not known weather his fart move is a super move or not due to a recent update on the dojo (see super-moves section)
>It has been stated that he will have very excessive moves
>He the character that is least know about
>His percentage-emblem is a "W"
>His movement are clunky and similar to Game And Watch´s
>Some of his moves are shown in the new trailer such as his dash attack,a kirby 64 like dash Nair just like marios and Bair an Arial Headbutt backwards
>In the trailer he is shown crawling but only backwards , it is not known weather that is the standar or that he has both forward and backward or only forward

Solid Snake
>Newcomer ( unlockable )
>His looks are from the first metal gear game
>He will use explosives
>His infamous cardboard-box will ,somehow; make an appearance
>He will have a rocket launcher move and from the trialer it looks like either a D smash or a Down-B
>His percentage-emblem is the “Kojima fox”
>MANY attack where shown in the new trailer like his triple jab which ends with a spinning kick and his skull busting fair which he does a hammer kick(Samus and falcon up tilt but in the air) and what appears to be his F smash wich has two parts :first he hits with the knee and the a smash with one arm.
>His U tilt is one kick straight into the air
>He can crawl

Fox Mc Cloud
>Veteran
>His Looks Have been changed dramatically
>Glaring differences are for example that a mine attached to his belt and his face looks similar to the "Starfox Assault" fox and of course change of suit, boots and blaster
>I think i can spot 3 moves during the very short and very zoomed out time he is fighting those where : Bair, Jab and Dash attack in this order
>He has a "Joanna Dark" eye ....thing
>His taunt looks the same

Other characters
It has been stated that no more than 1-2, 3rd party characters(discluding Snake) will be put in the game and they have to have appered on any of the nintendo systems

Some characters from melee will be removed

It has been stated that some clones will be more independent and receive their own unique move sets (think Ganondorf)

all characters will be revealed before the game is out

"Super-moves"

Every character will have a super move
it is not certain when or why the super moves are triggered due to the recent update on the smash Dojo: "The flatulence you saw in the movie is a fantastic move we're tentatively calling the Wario Waft. The more time passes, the more Wario's gas builds up..." but in the trailer the super moves are triggered by a coin-like item which set characters on fire

The Items

A Nintendog will appear as an item

The super smash bros. emblem appears on a coin like item which ,in the trailer, triggers the super moves

The Stages
The list of Confirmed Stages is as followed

The Battlefield
A Battlefield like stage soars over a canyon and changes from dawn to day to dusk to night over time and a big sun clock is seen at the middle of the stage.

The" Fire Emblem Stage"
A Big Castle which appears to have a inside and an outside and big statues holding platforms where shown in the trailer. Scorching fireballs rain down on the and damage players.

The Halberd
At the beginning A huge plain stage that you cant fall down from and the transform into a little platform hovering in the sky while the Halberd zooms through in the background.

The "Snake Stage"
As well as many other stages it appears to have both an inside battle field and an out side battlefield. Not much more has been seen.

The Pokemon Stadium
The good old Pokemon stadium from Melee. The only notable difference is that the crowd and stage is more detailed as well as the stage it self is a little more "next gen". it was not shown transform so we cannot be sure whether the old ones will stay(water, stone,fire and grass) or even if it will transform

The Mario Circuit
A what appears to be(Though that is only based on what the trailer brings) a little simple stage with four platforms and Shy guys Driving on a track which hurt character when they hit them.

The "Pit Stage"
A floating island in the sky with other floating islands in the background. the terrain is destructible but when platforms are destroyed clouds appear where the platforms where

The "SMW2:YI" Stage
A very simple Stage with one main platform and another smaller hold by a blob thing and the trailer shows that this stage will change seasons Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter

The "Fox stage"
A Lylat fighter with a platform on top of it flying in space while other Lylat fighters and Wolfens fight. also the great fox is seen in the background. from what Zmus does in the trailer it seems to have low gravity but i think that changes when in earths orbit

The Game Modes
Classoc mode and Adventure mode have been confirmed

The Rumors
WARNING ALL THAT IS SAID HERE IS NOT A FACT AND DON’T TELL ANYONE THAT IT IS
it has been rumored that Ice-climbers, young link and Mr G&W will be removed and Ridley, Bowser Jr and WW Link will be added and now that the second trailer has been released GAW seems to have least chance of the 3 because it looks like Wario has taken his place

This will be updated as more is reveled and please help me completing this:)

I´d like to thank samurai panda for translating all those entries on the Japanese site
id like to thank Scav Oro Mic and Mcfox for not closing this(hopefully)
and i like to thank ign for all they´re useful screens and videos
and Sakurai for making the games and this website www.smashbros.com
and resting fox for that big correction :) (ps remember my sig)
and anark-e for that pit correction

PS.
MODS AND ADMINS PLEAAASE DON'T CLOSE THIS IVE BEEN WORKING MY *** OFF
Scav you can steal this one only give me some credit:)
update 1:minor grammar corrections
update 2:more grammar corrections and put images instead of links
update 3:edited the stage section
update 4:fixed Pit info
update 5:id like to call it the "Resting Fox update"+some small things
update 6:Nintendo confirmed that one of the unknown levels was a Fire Emblem stage :)
update 7; MEGA UPDATE (aka trailer 2 update)
update 8: ÜbeR UpDAte!! the official smash bros site re-launches/ join forces with Sariku

Plomid

Smash Ace
yeah but noobs dont and theyll keep posting threads about it
but this is a just summary of all the stuff that is out there so you dont have to go out there to look for it
ps you can get banned for making up qoutes so yeah im not a dumb @$$

magar

Banned via Administration
Plomid said:
but this is a just summary of all the stuff that is out there so you dont have to go out there to look for it
ps you can't get banned for making up qoutes so yeah i am a dumb @$$
Yes, That's what we have mods for, to lock topics like this.

magar

Plomid said:
magar said:
Yes, That's what we have mods for, to lock topics like this.
Plomid said:
you dont make any sense i never said anything about mods it that qoute
Your just making yourself an even bigger dumb @$$ know, Mods lock threads that noobs keep posting, duh :p

burrito

Smash Lord
magar said:
Your just making yourself an even bigger dumb @$$ know, Mods lock threads that noobs keep posting, duh :p
Wow, you are an *******. Gathering all the information together helps inform people. Not everyone knows this.

it has been said on the smash dojo that she isn’t really a newcomer but some kind of weaker faster version of regular Samus without her suit(and apparently all he b moves) which you will some how be turned into while playing as regular Samus
I disagree that he says this.

Plomid

Smash Ace
ok
then what is this
dojo said:
This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!

Naturally, Zero Suit Samus loses power and stamina, so she should fight using the speed she gains instead.
Also, her gun transforms and can be used as a whip. Of the two, one might consider the whip to be her main weapon.

And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too.

burrito

Smash Lord
*sigh* I was hoping that I wouldn't have to explain it.

When he says "Rather, under certain condition, Samus will 'remove' her power suit", he is talking about within the metroid games. The statement, "And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too." clearly contradicts Zero Suit Samus being a transformation character.

Plomid

Smash Ace
by none other than you
burrito said:

When he says "Rather, under certain condition, Samus will 'remove' her power suit", he is talking about within the metroid games. The statement, "And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too." clearly contradicts Zero Suit Samus being a transformation character.
yeah thats what i said

burrito

Smash Lord
Yeah, you're the only one that's flaming. So, if you want some usefulness to come out of th thread than shut your trap.

magar

burrito said:

I agree, that sounds reasonable

magar said:
All there is in here is flaming!
Plomid said:
by none other than you
burrito said:
Yeah, you're the only one that's flaming. So, if you want some usefulness to come out of th thread than shut your trap.
Guys, I'll stop if you all stop

Agreed!

Plomid

Smash Ace
well if thats right
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
but unless there is better prove ill stick with the old one
but ill include this one

burrito

Smash Lord
Plomid said:
yeah thats what i said
You said that you will somehow turn into Zero Suit Samus while playing as Samus, or in other words, that she is a transformation character. I disagree that he ever confirms this.

Guys, I'll stop if you all stop

Agreed!
Agreed.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
burrito said:
When he says "Rather, under certain condition, Samus will 'remove' her power suit", he is talking about within the metroid games.

This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!

Naturally, Zero Suit Samus loses power and stamina, so she should fight using the speed she gains instead.
Also, her gun transforms and can be used as a whip. Of the two, one might consider the whip to be her main weapon.

And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too.
Please point out EXACTLY WHERE he says he's refering to Metroid games?

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Thanks Plomid. This topic should be stickied. Since "Unbelievable" doesn't really give any clue about it's content.

Or, you know, Mic could edit the title of "Unbelievable". Considering the poll for Samus is no longer so new.

Plomid

Smash Ace
yes i think your right Mic(wtf) i think its like it would be if a pokemond would have trasformation abillity you couldn´t really de-evolve just like with Samus you cloudn´t re-assemble the power-suite but yeah i still think its once per stock or something like that

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Thanks for summing up all the info out there, dude. Your grammar's not great, but who's is? XD

Thanks for spending the time!

Plomid

Smash Ace
Resting_Fox said:
Thanks Plomid. This topic should be stickied. Since "Unbelievable" doesn't really give any clue about it's content.

Or, you know, Mic could edit the title of "Unbelievable". Considering the poll for Samus is no longer so new.
thanks man :)

FlipTroopa said:
Thanks for summing up all the info out there, dude. Your grammar's not great, but who's is? XD

Thanks for spending the time!
yeah i intend on fixing it
but its good that i helped:)
and thank you for liking it

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Mic_Fox said:
Please point out EXACTLY WHERE he says he's refering to Metroid games?
Thank you, Mic, for pointing out the glaringly obvious flaw in that statement.

Where has it been confirmed that the super smashes or whatever they're called are garunteed to be in the game? Just because they're in the trailer is not concrete proof, just as drawing the hourglass with the stylus to open a door in the Phantom Hourglass trailer was specifically for the demo. Even if these super smashes do make it into the game, and they are activated by items, it's likely they won't be used in competitive play just like every other item.

burrito

Smash Lord
As I said, he's referring to the metroid games here: " Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit." As in she removes her sit in the metroid games. In Metroid Zero Mission to be exact.

Plomid

Smash Ace
blaksheap82 said:
Where has it been confirmed that the super smashes or whatever they're called are garunteed to be in the game? Just because they're in the trailer is not concrete proof, just as drawing the hourglass with the stylus to open a door in the Phantom Hourglass trailer was specifically for the demo. Even if these super smashes do make it into the game, and they are activated by items, it's likely they won't be used in competitive play just like every other item.
now that would be almost like saying that a certain character will be in the game and then just cancelling him
But for now the trailer is the only real informative source we can rely on(exceot for the dojo and other sites) so if nintendo will make statements that collide with the information in trailer(or in the thread) then first thing i will do is to edit that info

Stryks said:
Woah thats a lot of **** right there, thanx for te info toug about 97% of the stufff i already knew
no problem dude :)

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
burrito said:
As I said, he's referring to the metroid games here: " Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit." As in she removes her sit in the metroid games. In Metroid Zero Mission to be exact.
But you're still not answering the question. The director of the game did not say anything about the Metroid games themselves, you're inferring that when there's nothing implied.

And Plomid, I understand what you're saying, I'm just pointing out how very little is solid, concrete fact, namely, just the chars. Like the boiling cauldron in front of Mario. I don't see much about that that fits into such a dynamic game. But all the same, thanks for compiling the info. :)

burrito

Smash Lord
blaksheap82 said:
But you're still not answering the question. The director of the game did not say anything about the Metroid games themselves, you're inferring that when there's nothing implied.
He doaesn't have to When talking about a character in Smash Bros., it is understtod when they're talking about their game world. He is explaining Zamus's origin. That she comes from Zero Suit Samus when she takes her suit off.

Hmmm.. this is really hard to explain. I hope you got that.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
No, I don't, because you're not making any sense. Why in the heck would he be talking about what happens in the Metroid games on a site about SSBB? And unless you just got your grammar mixed up in that last sentence, you contradicted yourself on top of it, because it was said that Samus will remove her suit, not put it on. When you died in MZM the suit came off in pieces, I guess that's what you could be thinking of, but if the suit only came off once you took a certain amount of damage, that would be very impractical. If you wanted to play as ZSS, you might get killed first.

controlfreak7

Smash Ace
May I ask all the *******s attacking the **** out of Plomid to please stop. He is doing something for the Smash Community. Something that noone asked him to do. He never said that this information is most likely unknown. Read the freaking topic to yourself: Everything wii know about Brawl.

That clearly says that the information contained in the topic is all we know so far and not OMGZORZ NEW INFO THAT WE NEVER KNEW. I myself although knew most of the facts, didn't know all the stage rumors. So this topic was somewhat useful. You wanna ***** about this topic? Make a topic that is more useful (and the only thing that is more useful that what we know is what we don't know which probably means it hasn't been revealed) than this and then come back and complain about it. Speaking of which this topic obviously isn't going to be closed =). And Plomid is also right when he says that noobs will probably post asking questions and this topic will answer them rather than creating new threads.

I wanna bring about that my cousin pointed out. Although I sort of doubt it for some reason, on the day the smash trailer was released and my cousin watched it, he told me to watch the ending carefully. It was right before Snake who is hiding in the box pops out and says "Showtime" or w/e. Mario gets hit by Link and partially goes flying and comes down and does a d-smash. Right before he does the d-smash my cousin said that he thinks Mario did a wavedash. I got lucky to pause on the perfect frame and it indeed look like the smoke/dust that is the aftermath of a wavedash, but could have easily resulted from mario landing on the ground and then d-smashing. I'm not saying that it is for sure the wavedash and neither is my cousin, but I can say that it is sort of debatable although I doubt its a wavedash.

burrito

Smash Lord
blaksheap82 said:
No, I don't, because you're not making any sense. Why in the heck would he be talking about what happens in the Metroid games on a site about SSBB?
Because Samus is from the metroid games and he's talking about Samus.

And unless you just got your grammar mixed up in that last sentence, you contradicted yourself on top of it, because it was said that Samus will remove her suit, not put it on.
Yeah, that was a typo.

When you died in MZM the suit came off in pieces.
There's a part in Metroid Zero Mission where Samus gets attacked and loses her suit. Then you you play as her without her suit on. That's where Zero Suit Samus came from in the first place.

anark-e

Smash Rookie
Plomid said:
(Random fact: this will be his first apperence, playable, since his first game Kid Icarus on the Nintendo Entertainment System)
this is actually incorrect, Pit was also the main character of 1991's GameBoy game Kid Icarus: Of Myths & Monsters... this info can be double checked on wikipedia and gamefaqs, and probably some other places... this is everything Wii know about Pit's playable game appearances ;)

Top Bottom