• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samurai Goroh for SSBB

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
I checked and rechecked the forum, but surprisingly, I haven't seen hide nor hair of Samurai Goroh. I picture him as a semi-clone of Captain Falcon, using his katana to fill in other areas. Some of his moves, namely his Neutral-A and Tilt-A ones, are borrowed from Falcon, while his aerials, smashes and specials are not.

---

A - Jab

A, A - Double Punch

A, A, A - Triple Punch

A, A, A, A ... - Mach Punch

A > - Round Kick

A ^ - Wheel Kick

A v - Sweep

---

Forward Smash - Katana Swipe
-Quickly pulls out his katana and slashes downward

Upward Smash - Sky Drill Stab
-Quickly pulls out his katana and stabs upward, spinning his sword, and finally shoves upward

Downward Smash - Ground Drill Stab
-Quickly pulls out his katana and stabs downward, spinning his sword, and finally shoves downward

Nair - Sword Whip
-Quickly pulls out his katana and does a midair somersault, damaging enemies all around

Fair - Sword Stab
-Quickly pulls out his katana and stabs forward

Bair - Reverse Stab
-Quickly pulls out his katana and spins around with sword extended, pulling nearby enemies along, and stabs the opposite direction

Uair - Spin Thrust
-Quickly pulls out his katana and spins around twice, sucking in opponents, then sends them up with an upward stab

Dair - Drop Slice
-Quickly pulls out his katana and jumps downward with the side of the blade pointing to the ground, adding more surface area to the attack

---

B - Goroh Stab
-Pulls out his katana and charges for a moment before stabbing forward with great force. Weaker than the Falcon Punch, but has greater range

Forward B - Sword Pull
-Pulls out his katana and stabs forward quickly, pulling nearby enemies into him, where he sends them away with a powerful knee strike

Up B - Katana Leap
- Pulls out his katana and leaps upward, taking closeby enemies with him, at a 135 degree angle. He falls with his sword pointed down, and when he hits, he begins hopping on his sword, damaging enemies. Getting hit will knock him off

Down B - Goroh Blast
-Creates a powerful explosion at his feet that damages and knocks away him as well as his opponent

---

Grab - Pulls opponent in with hilt of sword and holds them under the chin with it

A - Knee Strike

Forward Throw - Shoves enemy off the sword, and kicks them away

Backward Throw - Shoves enemy over his shoulder, and spins around with his katana, knocking them away

Upward Throw - Shoves enemy upward, and stabs them to send them away

Downward Throw - Shoves enemy downward, leaps up, and drops with foot extended, knocking them down

---

Taunt/Super Smash Attack - UNAVAILABLE

---

The point of Goroh's Drill Stab smashes is to accumulate damage to his opponents while he spins the sword. The rest should be fairly self-explanatory.

Discuss.

D

Deleted member

Yup, that seems interesting enough. However, he seems more like a straight out Falcon clone, rather than a swordsman (maybe its body size, no? :laugh: ). Never mind, I could see this guy in Brawl.

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
WindGuru said:
Yup, that seems interesting enough. However, he seems more like a straight out Falcon clone, rather than a swordsman (maybe its body size, no? :laugh: ). Never mind, I could see this guy in Brawl.
I don't really think so. After all, Ganondorf is already a Falcon clone, and if they give him an original moveset, someone will need to take Ganondorf's place. Goroh doesn't seem right for that part. Black Shadow would be best with Ganondorf's old moveset, though Deathborn could work, too. He's not a complete swordsman, either, but clearly you noticed that.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
goroh is the most likely choice for someone from the f-zero series to appear in brawl, and i hope he does get in. but in what game does he have a katana? i don't remember one in f-zero gx

Stryks

Smash Hero
I want Goroh in brawl we need more FZERO Characters, besides in the opening video in melee we see falcon and goroh racing against each other, kinda like hint that he'll be in brawl

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Samurai Goroh is the best suggestion for another F-Zero character. Black Shadow is...disturbing? Men wearing skin tight suits is wrong. As for Deathborne, I wouldn't mind seeing him in too.

Also, Goroh would be a slow, strong swordsman like Link I suppose.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like this moveset. Although I hardly knows who he is I think this moveset is wonderfull. :D

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
F-Zero GX gave Goroh a lot of character development, so I've gained a liking towards him (though I was an F-Zero fan since the begining). That's also a much better move list than I've seen other's give him. Most other people I see just take Captain Falcon's moves and slightly alter them, so it's nice to see that you've incorperated his katakana.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Link'sShadow said:
I would like to see Captian Falcon's Rival but as a full out heavy-weight swordsman. Actually any of the F-Zero GX character can fit in Brawl.
EXACTLY!

Actually, Samurai goroh has been in F-Zero since the first one of the SNES, he's on the game's cover in the fire Extuingisher, changed to fire Stingray later in series, I think. Was it always the Fire Stingray?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I like this idea there are only 2 fzero characters I support Samurai Goroh because he has been around since the first one and he is captain falcon's rival (like his bowser) and Jody Summer because she is a bounty hunter and she works for the same people as Samus

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
Goroh has had his katana since he first F-Zero game, he uses it in the first one's little comic in the instruction manual, and hols it up to falcon's neck in the f-zero GX story mode. Also, Jody Summer is a member of the galactic federation, she's a police officer, not a Bounty Hunter (Though just about everyone else in F-Zero is, in one way or another). I would love to see Goroh in Brawl, but I'm still not sure how he would fight, it's true that he has a sword, but is he really a swordsman...? I just don't now right now.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'd love to see him in Brawl. He's like THE F-Zero character after C. Falcon.

And if he is in Brawl, don't have him say all kinds of random crap like Falcon does in Melee:
"Show me your moves!", "Falcon...PUNCH!", "Falcon KICK!", etc.

Drewz

Smash Cadet
Stryks said:
I want Goroh in brawl we need more FZERO Characters, besides in the opening video in melee we see falcon and goroh racing against each other, kinda like hint that he'll be in brawl

Yeah I noticed that a while ago. Regardless I hope Goroh gets in the game as a counter-part for Captain Falcon.

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
Oh heck ya, Goroh should be in Brawl. He is the best pick for a new F-Zero character.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Bothered me how little support there was for this. No clone but a totally new character, Goroh has a great chance and would be the absolute best pick for a new F-Zero character, seeing as how he's Falcons rival, and a bounty hunter himself.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I can't really say anything here that hasn't already been said. All I can say is, Goroh FTW.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
It's not disturbing in the least.....it's oh so arousing.

C'mon, stop letting this thread die! If I don't keep this alive I'd be letting Goroh down, support people, post post post!

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Yes, probably one of the characters I've been considering a lot lately is Goroh. Probably because recently I became obsessed with F-Zero after listening to the GX soundtrack.

In a post somewhere (not sure where), someone had commented on how Pit, MetaKnight, and Wario had all been trophies in SSBM. Stupid reason (after all, Andross, Koopa Troopas, and Beam Swords were trophies), but Samurai Goroh was a trophy as well. XD

In addition, he was viewed in the movie like someone earlier stated. Almost like a teaser, lol.

He's been around since the start of the franchise for F-Zero, he is well-known and popular, he has close ties to Falcon, and he was cool in the Japanese anime... IMO.

On an F-Zero stage, his theme song might be alternate background music (like the Hyrule-Fire Emblem case). I swear, his theme song is probably one of the coolest things I've ever listened to.

Some people have complained about the number of swordsmen (considering Pit, Meta, Link, Zamus-ish and the possibility of Marth returning and/or another character from FE, or Ganondorf getting his sword), but they are still greatly outnumbered by fist, Poke-power, psychic, and magic users. It would also be interesting because most of the swordsmen we've seen appear fairly nimble; Goroh would be a heavy-weight swordsmen and an interesting addition.

So considering the demand for an F-Zero character and his popularity in the series, I would assume Samurai Goroh has a pretty high chance of getting into Brawl. As an approximation (based on statements I made above), Goroh probably has a 70-80% chance. I might sound naive, but I feel that confident.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Goroh needs to be in brawl he is on my roster and we need more F-zero support instead of *Coughs* FE*Coughs*. He is an original character from one of the good games in Nintendo history not to mention he got a small spotlight in Melee in the opening part of the game.

Pima

Smash Journeyman
Actually the video shows how Falcon pushes Goroh to his inmediate death so.... :lick:

But anyways, it would be cool to have an FZero character, just don't make him/her a clone please

parrothead

Smash Lord
According to the F-ZERO storyline, Samurai Goroh "steals, but never kills". If that's not enough, then what about Takamaru, the other samurai?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
According to the F-ZERO storyline, Samurai Goroh "steals, but never kills". If that's not enough, then what about Takamaru, the other samurai?
This one is better because
a) he would represent an under representated popular Nintendo Franchise that is still in line
b)he would be more unique as opposed to another quick, nimble swordsman
c) he is a villain which is also lacking in the SSB roster
d) he is more well known world wide, Takamoomoo was only in 1 japan only Famicon game so is not very well known.
e) he is more popular, this comes with all the points except B
So he has what Sakurai is looking for and what fans are looking far he seems way better than Takamoomoo

I like Goroh, but I would prefer Phoenix Lestrade b/c he kinda looks like Falcon.
Who's that? I only played Fzero and Fzero X (and I don't know half the pilots in X) so it's safer to go with someone better known like Goroh.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Samurai Goroh is the best suggestion for another F-Zero character. Black Shadow is...disturbing? Men wearing skin tight suits is wrong. As for Deathborne, I wouldn't mind seeing him in too.

Also, Goroh would be a slow, strong swordsman like Link I suppose.
black shadow looks kool as. have you seen him in GX? his like the coolest character ever in that game. i admit samarai goroh has a REALLY high chance along with wolf and ridley because they were in the opening sequence of ssbm, but i personaly think black shadow is more popular and important than him, although goroh is one of the starting characters in the FZERO games making him well more well known to FZERO noobs. but black shadow is the bowser to falcon way more than any other FZERO character. he auctually poses a threat to falcon. goroh is more like falcons most popular hater. he doesnt really stand a chance against him. he is just a little bit more dangerous than michael chain in the FZERO universe against falcon. i think thyey should both get in but i would prefer black shadow.
btw, why would anyone want clones? just because ganondorf will get his own moveset doesnt meen we need goroh to be a waste of space clone. he has soo much more potential. his a fricken samarai. they are way different from each other.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Who's that? I only played Fzero and Fzero X (and I don't know half the pilots in X) so it's safer to go with someone better known like Goroh.
He's a racer from F-Zero AX. And he's dressed like the Great Saiyaman.

P.S. The only good picture I could find was huge. The file was way to big, but here's a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:F-zero_wp_m40_phoenix_800.jpg

P.P.S. I also like Deathborne and Blood Falcon even though he'd be a clone.

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
I dont really care for him all that much, but i can imagine how lonely captain falcon is out there in melee, he needs a rival in brawl :)

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
Samuraih Goroh would be the most logical choice for an f-zero charcter and would make for a kick*** character in brawl.
SUPERMOVE: The whole screen would turn blackish red and he hops on to is stingray and run over the opponent/opponents.

TAUNT: Pull out his sword and swing it like a windmill while saying, Falcon, Your mine in a gruff voice

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
well... im just sayin... black shadow is more than link's ganondorf. he is like superman's luther. goroh is more like a goofy villain that always gets foiled.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Black Shadow could do it too, yet Samurai Goroh also has a katana he can use. Black Shadow only has his muscles, just like Falcon. Goroh could bring some difference in the F-Zero world in Brawl.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
If we see Black Shadow in Brawl, then I'm afraid that people aren't going to appreciate Falcon's buffness like they do now. If Falcon is buff, Shadow is HUGE.

But you know, this is kinda like the same problem with other games that have a huge roster of playable characters(Soul Caliber, Street Fighter...). "If *this character* is good enough to be in Brawl, why not *this person*? Why have *this guy* when you can have *this dude*?"

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
huh? c falcon would be fast and black shadow would be slower but more powerful. he could even take ganondorfs clone moveset and give it more changes so that c falcon and black shadow are similar yet different.
its not like people like ganondorf because he is stronger than falcon, falcon is the fastest character in the game.
although noone wants clones even if it is ganondorfs old moveset... black shadow could have a few projectiles, like that magic ball that turns into a rope and attaches to the opponent and traps them that he uses in GX. that attack was awsome.

Top Bottom