• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Cupid (Sennen Kazoku)

parrothead

Smash Lord

Name: Cupid
First Game Appearance: Sennen Kazoku (GBA) (Japan Only)

Special Moves:

B : Love Arrow (similar to the bows of Adult and Young Link, but it has an effect that's similar to the effect of Lip's Stick. Once an opponent is hit, the damage you'll recieve from your opponent's attacks will be less than before, until the hearts moving around your opponent's head vanish)

Forward + B : Gear Arrow (once an opponent gets hit by this arrow, it will continue to give the opponent small amounts of damage. After a short amount of time, the Gear Arrow vanishes)

Down + B : Love Force Field (a bit stronger than the regular shield, but you will damage yourself as slowly as you would when you are magnified)

Up + B : Lovely Flight (has the same effect of the Love Arrow)

Extreme Attack: Ray of Heaven (A very large ray of light shines onto the stage damaging everyone but Cupid)

Taunt : The holy light shines onto Cupid, while he turns toward you and closes his eyes, while the chorus sings.

Entrance: Holy light shines onto stage, while Cupid slowly slides down.

NOTE: Most of you might think of him as a Greek Mythology character, but Pit and most other Kid Icarus characters are based on the Greek Mythology series. Cupid might be a clone of Pit, but I doubt it.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Is this thing even from Nintendo? Now you are really talking about something I never heard before. Better stick with Demiru and Stafy.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
!!!!!!!

I wanted to play this game so badly. It looked awesome, kinda like Actraiser meets Chibi Robo :laugh:

If he appears, though, it would have to be as some form of... something not original. He's too similar looking to Pit to please people who are first being introduced to him (basically 99.9% of the Western audience, and maybe half the Japanese). I don't even think he'd be an effective clone, to be honest. He and Pit are not THAT similar, other than being angels with bows. If anything: stage hazard/item/trophy.

It would be pretty cool to summon him as an item, and have him charm other players for you so you can smack them around :p

xianfeng

Smash Hero
In greek mythology his name was eros, it wasn't until the romans adapted the greek gods did he become Cupid. Obscure but interesting I would rather Stafy he looks cool.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Tomasiarity said:
Is this thing even from Nintendo? Now you are really talking about something I never heard before. Better stick with Demiru and Stafy.

I agree. . .

parrothead

Smash Lord
TC81190 said:
You post alot of of really just absolutely god awful suggestions.
Why, thank you n00b. You are being so god awful, you don't even care about Nintendo's most obscure characters. All you care about is characters like Sonic, MegaMan, Sora, Crono, Cloud, Sephiroth, Master Chief, and other overrated characters.

TC81190

Smash Cadet
parrothead said:
Why, thank you n00b. You are being so god awful, you don't even care about Nintendo's most obscure characters. All you care about is characters like Sonic, MegaMan, Sora, Crono, Cloud, Sephiroth, Master Chief, and other overrated characters.
Yes, cause of I've posted many threads clamoring for crappy Microsoft/Squaresoft characters. Except I don't remember it...can you please go into my post history and find an example of this so as to refresh my memory?

And for the record, I prefer Nintendo characters that didn't star in one Japan only game, considering there are many much more deserving characters than this no-name (See: Little Mac, Sheriff).

xianfeng

Smash Hero
TC81190 said:
Yes, cause of I've posted many threads clamoring for crappy Microsoft/Squaresoft characters. Except I don't remember it...can you please go into my post history and find an example of this so as to refresh my memory?

And for the record, I prefer Nintendo characters that didn't star in one Japan only game, considering there are many much more deserving characters than this no-name (See: Little Mac, Sheriff).
Sheriff he isn't deserving he appeared in one arcade only game

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A only ranged character... Sounds good. I know it's just an idea or just some sort of time killing but... we already have Pit as our Cupid-like character.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Well, what's weird is that Pit has been a bit retooled, it seems, to be more "angel warrior." He was before, but he still had cutesy/heart arrow stuff going on, ya know?

TC81190

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but a few people actually, y'know, know who Sheriff is. And he was in one of Nintendo's very first games as opposed to some no-name from an obscure game no-one outside of a few people in Japan have played.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
TC81190 said:
Yeah, but a few people actually, y'know, know who Sheriff is. And he was in one of Nintendo's very first games as opposed to some no-name from an obscure game no-one outside of a few people in Japan have played.
I know who sheriff is that still doesn't mean he should be in brawl in modern days Sensen Kazoku or whatever is more well known than that crappy sheriff game at least in Japan.

TC81190

Smash Cadet
xianfeng said:
I know who sheriff is that still doesn't mean he should be in brawl in modern days Sensen Kazoku or whatever is more well known than that crappy sheriff game at least in Japan.
So Mr. G&W shouldn't have been in SSBM? Please. :laugh:
And yeah, in Japan. Worldwide, Sheriff gets the edge, and had a trophy in SSBM.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
TC81190 said:
So Mr. G&W shouldn't have been in SSBM? Please. :laugh:
And yeah, in Japan. Worldwide, Sheriff gets the edge, and had a trophy in SSBM.
but sheriff is unpopular worldwide and his game sucked and it was boring he is an obscure arcade character, he sucks badly he is just above petey piranah he is lower than kamek and pichu comined to make pikamekchugaybo

TC81190

Smash Cadet
xianfeng said:
but sheriff is unpopular worldwide and his game sucked and it was boring he is an obscure arcade character, he sucks badly he is just above petey piranah he is lower than kamek and pichu comined to make pikamekchugaybo
That was clever. :dizzy:

And BTW, how do you know how popular he was? And how excellent were the G&W games?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
TC81190 said:
That was clever. :dizzy:

And BTW, how do you know how popular he was? And how excellent were the G&W games?
my dad had an old game and watch and I am just asuming by how **** his game was that he was unpopular

TC81190

Smash Cadet
xianfeng said:
my dad had an old game and watch and I am just asuming by how **** his game was that he was unpopular
Everyone knows what assuming does.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
xianfeng said:
What the H*** are you smoking? The Game And Watches were classics and had different games for each one and you can't placa a character into the "crap" pile by one game. Which one did you play. btw?

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
I would not like him in because:
1. Although Nintendo made it, Cupid is a god in Roman mythology, not a video game character.
2. If his love arrows pierce Snake and the first thing he sees is Bowser, I don't want a cutscene with them having sex.

parrothead

Smash Lord
I would not like him in because:
1. Although Nintendo made it, Cupid is a god in Roman mythology, not a video game character.
2. If his love arrows pierce Snake and the first thing he sees is Bowser, I don't want a cutscene with them having sex.
|1.| Pit is also based on a Roman mythology character, and that would be Icarus.

|2.| The Love Arrows won't make people fall in love with each other, the Love Arrows will make opponents give you half as much damage as before.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*bump*

Cupid isn't a Pit-wannabe. Pit's character design was probably inspired by the original Cupid (a.k.a. Eros), along with Icarus, Hercules, Perseus and Bellerophon.

If Cupid became an Assist Trophy, then he would shoot Love Arrows at the opponents to make their attacks do half as much damage as before. When the hearts above them disappear, their attacks turn back to normal.

Top Bottom