• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the official deoxys whatever thread.

tirkaro

Smash Champion

go, great space warrior! HYPER BEAM FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deoxys may be disconfirmed, but that doesn't mean he still makes an awesome pokeball!
perhaps next smash, nintendo will be smart enough to include this amazing character.

Kriltex

Smash Journeyman
Y34HDUD3!!! said:
he would b pichus remplacement and those change things should b his B moves
just wanna add to that.. if theres a kirby vs that pokemon match.. wut happens when kirbys sucks his powers... :p that means kirby can change forms too :D thats even cooler then the coolness of cool

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Yep. Just like I said in the Pokemon Thread. Deoxys is THE most powerful Pokemon (in the current GBA games that is).

Deoxys would change forms randomly (Down + B?). Each form will reflect each form (but each forms' moves will remain consistant).

You give him his generick Ball blast, he'd be top speed, and wamm-o. Gold.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
Xemnas said:
Yep. Just like I said in the Pokemon Thread. Deoxys is THE most powerful Pokemon (in the current GBA games that is).

Deoxys would change forms randomly (Down + B?). Each form will reflect each form (but each forms' moves will remain consistant).

You give him his generick Ball blast, he'd be top speed, and wamm-o. Gold.
lol no offense but ur stupied to say that.he is anything but strong he is way to unbalanced.Kyogre has the best stats and can learn moves that counters every pokemon's stats also arcticuno can use mind read+sheer cold combo!

deoxy should use the D pad to change hat would work out

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
I'm "stupied"? XD First, you should learn how to spell "Stupid". Then, you should do your research before you question me.

http://www.smogon.com/advance/tiers

Now, take a look at those stats, tiering index, and strateigies for the highest ranked Pokemon. I play competitively, and seriously. Deoxys is the fastest Pokemon in the game, and can sweep an entire team. Period. No other Pokemon can do that, albeit if they can, not to the effect he does it.

Once again, I suggest you A), know what you're talking about. B) Learn to spell. Than holla' at me.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
lol I got dissed.

kyogre still owns all though so does acticuno ^__^

idk I have deoxys in my emerald but I never saw a good moveset for him or am I not used to ticket pokemon?i LOVE his battle song though =P

still D pad for transformations

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
I apologize for that. I'm not even that kind of person. But you pressed a button, so I snapped. Anyway, Ever herd of Netbattle? Online Game Boy Advanced style dueling, complete with graphics and sprites.

http://www.smogon.com/nb/

Get it, and then contact me. We can pit our Pokemon against each other, and prove who is the baddest. =P

tirkaro

Smash Champion
lets stay on topic please.
perhaps he could change by B down.
but WOAH, a deoxys kirby! thats what I want to see! a blue and red kirby!

Black/Light

Smash Master
Do any of you think he could change on his own? Like if your running then he is in his speed form, attacking then he is in his attack form, not doing anything/ walking/ just got hit to the floor then he is in his normal form.

But then he would only be in his defence form when hes blocking. . . IDK But he would be a great character! I say Deoxy/ Lucario/ Blaziken for brawl!! (^_^)

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Xemnas said:
I'm "stupied"? XD First, you should learn how to spell "Stupid". Then, you should do your research before you question me.

http://www.smogon.com/advance/tiers

Now, take a look at those stats, tiering index, and strateigies for the highest ranked Pokemon. I play competitively, and seriously. Deoxys is the fastest Pokemon in the game, and can sweep an entire team. Period. No other Pokemon can do that, albeit if they can, not to the effect he does it.

Once again, I suggest you A), know what you're talking about. B) Learn to spell. Than holla' at me.
Well, just because Deoxys comes before other ubers in the alphabet doesn't mean he is the most powerful.

I play net battle too ;). Deoxys-FR may be amazingly fast and powerful, but one good hit will finish him OHKO. IMO, the other ubers can be better in many situations. Click on Groudon and go to his strategies to see what I mean. And mewtwo doesn't have any glaring weakness. But then again, it is really a matter of opinion.

Dam, I wish my computer wasn't a mac so I could play netbattle again.

:laugh: I'll get back on topic. I think deoxys would be awsome in brawl. I'd rather have Lucario first though, but that is just me.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
some one posted a sweet moveset in some other thread for deoxys.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I think they learned their lesson, they will most likely make Mewtwo stronger or take him out (The first being more likely then the later). So deoxy would/ should not be as weak as Mewtwo. . .

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
How did Deoxys get so popular? He had one bad movie. He wasn't available for people who didn't cheat or go to a Nintendo event. He isn't cute at all. How does everyone like him?!

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
peach's pan said:
I'd rather have Lucario first though, but that is just me.
He is dope, but I'm torn between the two. Both should make it IMO.

commonyoshi said:
How did Deoxys get so popular? He had one bad movie. He wasn't available for people who didn't cheat or go to a Nintendo event. He isn't cute at all. How does everyone like him?!
Did you actually watch it? The battles between him and Rayquaza (sp?) were awesome. And its great owning a GameShark/Codrebreakers.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
commonyoshi said:
Well, he looks pretty cool and has a bunch of forms. I assume that is why people like him.

Personally, I don't like deoxys that much... at least how he looks. His hips are too big :laugh:

tirkaro

Smash Champion
commonyoshi said:
he is popular because
1: havent you ever seen his movie? a lot of people thought that movie was awesome. heck, even I thought it was awesome. and I dont even like any of the pokemon movies!
2:he changes forms. if that isn't kick *** I dont know what is.
3: he isn't cute, but he looks cool
4:he's an uber tier pokemon
5: HE HAS HIS OWN THEME SONG DAMMIT!

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
Xemnas said:
I apologize for that. I'm not even that kind of person. But you pressed a button, so I snapped. Anyway, Ever herd of Netbattle? Online Game Boy Advanced style dueling, complete with graphics and sprites.

http://www.smogon.com/nb/

Get it, and then contact me. We can pit our Pokemon against each other, and prove who is the baddest. =P
ok when?my username is called lishy meet me on a server called X_x

edit:my netbattle seems currupted,i havent played in soooo long ago.it sais a system required is missing or is currupted.

Rash

Smash Ace
Deoxys is probably the coolest Legendary Pokemon besides Mewtwo. Kyogre and Rayquaza aren't bad either. Still, if they decide to put a new Legendary in SSBB, it should be Deoxys. It's the perfect counter of Mewtwo, and it has a "tough" look to it. We don't need more cutesy Pokemon in the Smash Brothers games.

God, I just hope that, if they do make a decision to add in a Legendary, it won't be Celebi or some other worthless one like that.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
tell me about it XD

celebi and mew along with jir****y is way to babyish.

Rash

Smash Ace
Well, I like Mew and all, but they already have him in the form of Mewtwo. They are almost identical Pokemon (because in the Pokemon universe, Mewtwo is an actual clone of Mew, hence the name). Putting Mew in would be the worst and most pointless decision Sakurai's team could make.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Xemnas And reference link agogo. [url said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deoxys[/url]
wow, sombody posts a link to a wikipeida topic and ALREADY its vandalized...>:(

mew, want very useful as a pokeball either. all he did was float around sayng "mew" and go away. I cant imagine how pointless mew would be as a character. he would serve as mewtwo's version of pichu.
and the other pokemon are a very big and pretty much unplayable. so that's why deoxys is the best bet for a legendary pokemon in SSBB

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Black/Light. If Deoxys makes it in, his changes should be appearances only, and instantaneous. Attack for smashing, Defense for blocking, Speed for dashing/dodging, and Normal for just about everything else.

He would be a pretty good Pokemon addition, and certainly better than Mew/Jirachi/Celebi. Anybody have a moveset for him, though?

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Deoxys would be a good candidate for Brawl, seeing as we need a 3rd generation representative from the franchise he comes from.

I took a look at Deoxys' Pokedex entry on Serebii.net, and I'm having a hard time coming up with a good moveset for him.

I think Deoxys' many forms should alter his stats a bit:
Normal: Well, duh.
Attack: More damage and greater nockback, but low jump
Defense: less damage inflicted on Deoxys, heavier
Speed: Faster, but lighter and more damage is inflicted on Deoxys

Then again, we don't wanna make Deoxys TOO powerful, now do we?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I have a good moveset for him:
B: phychic- shoots a chargeble psychic ball
B>: pursuit-dashes forward a bit and grabs the opponent, the opponent gets damaged and deoxys pushes him/her away.
BV: recovery/regenerate-slowly lowers his percent by 2%'s at a time
B^:teleport-same as mewtwo's teleport
super smash: double team- makes computer controlled copies of himself that attack the opponent
I'm not sure how he will change forms, but deoxys shouldn't change his forms depending on what hes doing. that would make him too almighty. thats why it should take him, say, 5 seconds to change forms?

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
As someone else said, his forms changing aspect would simply be a visual astetic. When he blocks, he's in Defense form, dashes he's in Speed form, etc. That would be Godly. Are you listening Nintendo? :)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Xemnas said:
As someone else said, his forms changing aspect would simply be a visual astetic. When he blocks, he's in Defense form, dashes he's in Speed form, etc. That would be Godly. Are you listening Nintendo? :)
as I said before, yes it would be godly. but thats the very problem. he would be godly. he would have no weaknesses at all. thats why deoxys should change forms in-game which would take about 5 seconds, so that would be his weakness. so I guess the player would press some form of B to switch and which form is chosen is decided when the player presses left, right, down, or up on the control stick EXACTLY when deoxys is about to change.

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
tirkaro said:
as I said before, yes it would be godly. but thats the very problem. he would be godly. he would have no weaknesses at all. thats why deoxys should change forms in-game which would take about 5 seconds, so that would be his weakness. so I guess the player would press some form of B to switch and which form is chosen is decided when the player presses left, right, down, or up on the control stick EXACTLY when deoxys is about to change.
There's no jumping form to Deoxys. Giving him abysmal jumping would be the easiest solution.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Well, he wouldnt have to be super over powered. Like I said, it woul dbe more visual than anything else. No need to make him eclipse the other characters.

kaid

Smash Master
If standing around is Normal form, then to use Power form (say, smash attacks) he'd have to transform first, and transform back at the end. So he's slow AND laggy, but with powerful attacks, a really good crouch cancel, a fast run...

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I support this 100%! Deoxys probably has the best chance of all pokemon to make it into the game.

Rash

Smash Ace
Just make the "costume-system" more complex (like everyone is hoping for anyway), and just make his four forms available via switching his costume on the character selection screen.

Other than that, I really have no problem with the "change form for each attack" idea. Any issues of "too much power" can certainly be tweaked.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
oh, so I see now. deoxys will be powerful and have a fast run and good defense, but his moves are laggy because of the time it takes to transform into the nessecary form. so that seems fair. okay so that should take care of the godmodish thing. should that be his only weakness? or is he still too strong?

Top Bottom