• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

That's good to hear. I'm trying to get Oregon to come up, but I'm not trying TOO hard, lol. Nice OC2 banner, you'll win for sure. :D

Address:

3333 184th st sw suite d
Lynwood, WA 98037

Rules:

Start Time:

Doors open at 12:00am, starts at around 1:00-1:30

Entry Fee:

Venue Fee (Required) - $5.00
1v1 - $10.00 per person
2v2 - $5.00 per Person
Crew battle - $5.00 per person

Prizes:

1v1: 60%, 30%, 10%
2v2: 60%, 30%, 10%
Crew Battle: Winning team gets $10 per person

Super Smash Brothers Melee
General Rules and Regulations:

1. During scheduled warm-up periods the winner stays and the loser must sit out if there is a rotation.

2. In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted and the players will self destruct accordingly to replicate former stock count. Percent will be at 0.

3. Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion. This won't happen unless you're hitting people or something lol.

4. Any sign of cheating will result in an automatic forfeit. But who cheats? This does not count paying Shane to yell at your opponent.

Controllers:

1. You are responsible for bringing your own controller. (BYOC *****)

2. Modded shoulder buttons are allowed, turbo buttons are not. (Though they don't seem like they'd be very helpful lol)

Tournament Rules:

1. Everyone starts in a Double Elimination Bracket.

2. All matches are best of 3 except for the Finals (best of 5).

3. Lives will be set at 4 stock with an 8 minute time limit.

4. Ties will be broken by stock left and then by percentage of health. Sudden death will be played if both the stock and percentage are tied at the end of the time limit.

5. Items will be turned off of course.

Stages & Character Select:

1. The first round stage is selected by stage striking, which works like this: Rock paper scissors for who gets to pick first or just choose between the two of you. Whoever strikes first chooses one stage they do not want to play on in round 1. The other player then chooses 2 stages they do not wish to play in round one. From there each player chooses 1 stage until only one stage is left. You then have to play the stage you are left with. You can also agree upon a stage.

2. Stages to Strike:

-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Yoshi's Story
-Dream Land 64
-Fountain of Dreams

3. Legal Counter-Pick Stages:

-Pokemon Stadium

4. All other stages are BANNED and cannot be played in the tournament; however, any stage can be played as long as both players agree on it.

5. You may not counter any stage that you won on.

6. Advanced Slob Picks - the loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then the winner may change characters, and then the loser may change characters.

7. Double-Blind Pick - At the beginning of a set, any player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players tell a judge their character secretly and are required to use that character for the first game.

Additional Rules for 2v2:

1. Team Attack will be on.

2. Life stealing is allowed.

Other Rules & Special Issues:

1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game. Unless the other person doesn't mind.

2. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop the tactic and lose a stock.

Match Format:

1. Each player chooses a seat and controller port. If both players want the same controller port, a coin flip will determine the winner of the port. The loser may then choose whichever seat he wants.

2. Players then choose their character and have 30 seconds to do so. If any player does not select their character at the end of 30 seconds or if any player calls for it, a double blind pick will be used. (A double blind pick is when you both tell someone else who your character is so you don't try to counter each other. Once your opponent chooses their character you can not change.

3. Once characters have been selected, you will initiate stage striking. (See "Stages and Character Select 1.")

4. Players play their first match.

5. Once they have returned to the character select screen, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match.

6. If the winning player wins again, he wins the set (unless it is finals) and must report the score to a judge. If the losing player from the previous match wins, repeat #5 (above) and play the third match. Winner of the third match must report the score to a judge.

I'm not sure If Ratking and Dawg exist anymore. I haven't heard of them attending anything smash related in a while, lol. They also missed out on MLG. The others should come for sure. Timmy and Tommy told me they wanted to smash more with other people cause they don't live by many people that are any good, and now's their chance. If they don't/can't come they fail. :p

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
"6. Spectators may not communicate with a player while he or she is competing. Breaking of this rule will result in ejection of the spectator and forfeit of the game."

Sooo not enforced, lol.

Anyways, good ta goooo, we'll be there for sure.

I didn't type those, I copied them from his site. I saw the whole "pools" thing and I bothered to take that out, lol. Most of those rules I don't think are enforced, but it's fine.

Patooty

Smash Ace
I'm glad some rules aren't strongly enforced. The rules should be a guideline and the tourney should be run however the players feel it should be when stuff happens. Like.. this one:

"3. In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed."

If I've got gimpy'z boozer down 4 stocks to 1(:p) and there's only 1.314 seconds left in the game, and then there's a disc read error, there's no way the match should be restarted...

UncensoreD

Smash Cadet
Dont get too worried about the rules... they mostly dont even follow those rules and just let the players do the playing...

Touk

Smash Journeyman
"currently mainless"

You practice enough with fox to choose him as your main. You are good with him. I would suggest trying him out this tourney. Is loop a demo?

CoKe.DriVeN

Smash Rookie
Cool, Ill be able to come to this one. Ill do the 1v1 since I don't know anyone that wants to come with me =(

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Hm, I'd like to come since Canada will be there, but will I be able to find a ride...? Only time will tell.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Coke? Hm, new are ye? Who do you play?

Want to money match?? 1-5$ or higher, if you want.

I believe me and Ryan had a MM that was post-poned due to lack of attendance :(. Sooo....still up for it?

Any other MMs I'll take as well...probably.

Yes Coke.driven mm me too. 5$ (is that gimpy?)
Other mms I wanna do:
Eggz:fox-mario 5$
Eggz: possible Luigi-fox...? (may not have enough $) 5$
Hero:Fox-YL5$
Adam:fox-ganon 5$ maybe
SAGEMOON!!!!!sheik marth, lol. 100$? (i dont play sheik, DO IT!)
OR mms 5$ each
I may not do some of these, on account of possibly losing some of these, but count on it. ;)
I may edit the rules to whatever popular demand is, or what we usully do, and we should have Green Greens on the random set!!!. Anyone else want GG on the random set?

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
Ka-Master = Ammon.

Anyways:

Silent Wolf - FoxvsYLink 5$
Ryan - FoxvsYLink 3$?
Gimpy - BowservsYLink 5$(earlier in the day this time, I'm pretty worn out by the end of the tourney)
Coke - WhatevervsYLink 3$?
T!mmy - KirbyvsYLink!!!! Whatever, I just wanna mm you!

oh, Loop, Fox ditto mm? 5$? You should mm Tori with your fox, you'd prolly win, he's terrible against foxes.

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
monee maches r ftw dun u no???///

It's always good to battle against someone who you know isn't sandbagging... besides Blaire who apparently sandbags in mms.

CoKe.DriVeN

Smash Rookie
Since its gonna be my first time playing at a LAN ill just see how i compare to you guys and then maybe i can play for $$. But for now ill just see if i can come close to being a challenge

Also Luigi - I play Shiek, and you can tell me if i am good =)

Eggz

Smash Hero
Coke - $5
Touk - $5
Loop - $5
DAT - $5
T!mmy 5$
oh, Loop, Fox ditto mm? 5$?*
Ryan- 3$
Adam-5$
Silent- Mario Fox 5$
ppa0-5$
xero-5$
SAGEMOON!!!!!Fox Marth, lolzors 5$ (I dont play fox at all)*
Hero Sublime- Your job at mcdonalds MWHAHAHAHA

Is my new sig thing good people?

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
me and xero are both comin ^.^ cant wait to play u guys again and gimpy ur bowser shall meet his faith this time

BladeWise

Smash Lord
perhaps he will also "meet his fate" at the same time.

Maybe I'll MM some noobs this time. That is, after I win the tournament handily, of course. =P

Is my new sig thing good people?
What happened to Pirate Mario? He was there a second ago, LOL. I think it's cool. I'm gonna go ahead and edit the rules now to everyone's liking hopefully. Basically to how we normally play.
EDIT: Done editing the rules, check if you please.

Eggz

Smash Hero
LoL gimpy complained about pirate Mario...even though pirate Mario has been my avatar on MSN since like last year. =\

Which one is better iyo?

CoKe.DriVeN

Smash Rookie
Just out of curiousity, who is the best at SSBM? I watched KA's combo vid and it was impressive, and i looked at the website and he won a couple and some other people won too.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
CoKe.DriVeN said:
Just out of curiousity, who is the best at SSBM? I watched KA's combo vid and it was impressive, and i looked at the website and he won a couple and some other people won too.
Well if Skypal Goes.... They win....

IF u want to know whos the best at SSBM it would most likely be Ken from Cali.

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
If Ka-Master is really on top of his game he could definately take the gold though. But it's probably gonna be Isai if he shows up.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Yeah but Ka hasn't been on top of his game since we effectivly quit >___< Friggin crap. Quit your job Reggie.

Money matches to puyallup guys?

Top Bottom