• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah's Ultimate Showdown Of Ultimate Destiny 2

Gojira

Smash Lord
I finally decided to post the thread for my upcoming tourney US2. While I am not going to reveal much about this tourney at the current moment, I just want to begin advertising asap. We are looking to get at least double the attendance we got at UST5.

Date:
March 31, 10:00AM-12:00AM
april 1, 10:30-9:00PM...but we have to finsh 1-2 hours earilier to clean up.

200 S Central Campus Dr. Rm 225
Salt Lake City, UT 84119-9101

Events: Low tier singles Doubles (if time),Dobles Singles, and Crew battles. Milk Man and Bowser challenge MAY be available on the side. Money matches will have a few reserved TV's, meaning they have priority for MM's before friendlies.

Entry: Prices are as follows

B1g @$$ FULL=$50.00-Covers ALL events and food for the 2-3 day tourney

B1g @$$ NF=$35.00-Covers ALL events minus the food for tournament

Spectator Badge FULL
=$25.00-Allows you to be on the tourney floor and watch matches PLUS you can have food provided by the hosts.

Spectator Badge NF=$15.00-Only permits you to come and go to watch matches as you please.

ANY ONE HAVING MATCHES WITH SPECTATOR BADGES WILL HAVE THEIR BADGES TAKEN AND WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE PROPERTY.

Schedule
Each day is going be scheduled top be around 7:30am-10:00pm

Day 1
low tier singles
Crews

Day 2
Doubles
Singles

Note:This is most likely to change.

Rules:
]These are the characters that can be used in the low tier tourney are as follows.
Luigi
Roy
Link
DK
Pikachu
Zelda
Ness
Young Link
Yoshi
Kirby
Mr. Game & Watch
Bowser
Mewtwo
Pichu

Stages: comming soon

Donations-------------------------------------------------------------

Gojira
$200.00

TOTAL
$200.00

Specific pro Donations

Perfect Chaos
$50.00

Total fo specific
$50.00

Grand total

Housing Status

Gojira
I am able to house people who drive into the tournament(max carpool of 3-4) , and then relocate the same day depending on the situation.

FTS
FTS is our number one houser who is probably going to house all the big name pros that come, and will probably be the location of whoever drives to be housed at my house, may be re-located here depending on what happens

KC
It is possible KC will be housing, however, I must talk to him some more before housing.

!!!Housing will be limited and it is FIST COME FIRST SERVE WHEN WE ADVERTISE IN OTHER THREADS!!!

Updates

9/17/06 5:15PM
-Update on the Rules
-Low tier Doubles are no longer in the event list, low tier singles will remain.
-Mewtwo and Bowser player tryouts may occur for Milkman and Bowser challenge.

9/19/06 9:51PM
These are the characters that can be used in the low tier tourney are as follows.

Luigi
Roy
Link
DK
Pikachu
Zelda
Ness
Young Link
Yoshi
Kirby
Mr. Game & Watch
Bowser
Mewtwo
Pichu

Also, Low tier doubles still have a chance of being in this tourney if there be enough time.

10/1/06 4:25PM
Price for tourney is now posted + there is more detailed info for Money Matches.

10/02/06
Donations for Pros are now being accepted ahead of time. Look up for the Donation section.

10/11/06
this covers some of the most recent questions

All the prize money is going to go to the pot except maybe 10-20% wich is going to cover food.

Lower entrey fee if you paricipate in less events? NO, the entry fee cover all days of competition ( thats right I said days, this may become a three day tourney if it become big enough)
- HOWEVER-
We will be doing eat and no eat B1g @$$ U$t passes, which means you will only have to pay for the event itself. This means you can take 20% off the entry fee and thats how much you must pay to enter.

AZ will most likely come if they know there are going to be other pros coming so long as they decide to come in the first place.

Finally, as for the number of pros coming, we will have to wait until the advertising campaign begins, and how many donations we get. Remember, if you donate for the pros, you will be allowed to play the pros at FTS's house in between tourney nights. Even if you are a close friend of FTS, your not allowed in the house unless you have donated

10/31/06

The the prices for the tickets and spectator badges is now in the Entry section.

11/05/06
Schedule section added with ESTIMATED schedule. The location once decided will trigger the advertising campaign.

12/07/06
Date added as well as location

gnosis

Smash Lord
I would come, but I'd have to decide between this and the other Big *** UST recently posted... hmm, decisions decisions...

=) See ya guys there (hopefully).

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Well, since they both will be sometime on October - April, it's likely that they won't be very close together. You might be able to make it to both :laugh:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Wait, what characters are playable in the Low Tier tournament? (To save time, just say the highest tier character usable instead of listing everyone.)

Getting twice what UST5 got is going to be difficult to beat. I look forward to finding out which pro player(s) you'll be able to get this time, Gojira. :)

Takalth

Smash Ace
The word "Utah" definitely needs to be in the thread title. Anybody who isn't already part of the Utah Smash group won't have a clue what U$t is. Likewise, same with the calendar. I got a few new people at the Neumont tournament because they stumbled across the thread (which they wouldnt' have done without the word "Utah"); Of course, they got creamed, but I'm probably going to be meeting with them this weekend, so hopefully they can build up a bit more by the next tournament.

Gojira

Smash Lord
I have added some small updates to the tourney info.

Wait, what characters are playable in the Low Tier tournament? (To save time, just say the highest tier character usable instead of listing everyone.)

Getting twice what UST5 got is going to be difficult to beat. I look forward to finding out which pro player(s) you'll be able to get this time, Gojira. :)
I think we are going to use the last tier list.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The "last" as in the most recent or the very bottom tier-group? If it's the bottom then only Pichu and Mewtwo are usable...

Here's the tier list:

Top Tier
Sheik
Fox
Marth

Upper Tier
Peach
Falco
C. Falcon
Samus

High Tier
Jigglypuff
Dr. Mario
Ganondorf
Mario
Ice Climbers

Middle Tier
Luigi
Link
Roy
DK
Pikachu
Zelda

Lower Tier
Ness
Young Link
Yoshi
Kirby
Mr. Game & Watch
Bowser

Bottom Tier
Mewtwo
Pichu

So can you futher clarify who'll be usable in the low tier tournament?

gnosis

Smash Lord
Woah, there's a new tier list actually.

Top Tier:
Fox
Falco

High Tier:
Sheik
Marth
Peach

Middle Tier:
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Samus
Doctor Mario
Jigglypuff
Mario
Ganondorf

Low Tier:
Link
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu

Bottom Tier:
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

Low tier and below should be adequate and fitting of a 'low tier tourney'.

Gojira

Smash Lord
The "last" as in the most recent or the very bottom tier-group? If it's the bottom then only Pichu and Mewtwo are usable...

Here's the tier list:

Top Tier
Sheik
Fox
Marth

Upper Tier
Peach
Falco
C. Falcon
Samus

High Tier
Jigglypuff
Dr. Mario
Ganondorf
Mario
Ice Climbers

Middle Tier
Luigi
Link
Roy
DK
Pikachu
Zelda

Lower Tier
Ness
Young Link
Yoshi
Kirby
Mr. Game & Watch
Bowser

Bottom Tier
Mewtwo
Pichu

So can you futher clarify who'll be usable in the low tier tournament?
I updated the post with the characters that can be used in the low tier tourney.

KC.pwns.GMAN

Smash Cadet
I am excited about this one, the only problem is that i wasn't able to get that hotel, so we still need to find a place to host it.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
And a rather important update indeed.

With fifty dollars as an entrance fee, that sir, counts me out. See'ya at UST10 or 11 though.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Start saving your money. The $50 covers several tournaments, food, and transportation, not just a singhle tournament. This tournament is meant to attract pros and OOS to Utah. This will definitely be your best chance to play or even meet them at all. It's going to be worth it.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
If any pros are coming to this tournament, count me in. Its a well spent 50 bucks, even if my chances of winning is 0%. not to sound like a dumb @$$, but can we eat as much as we want and what do mean by transportation?
anyways...heres my pro wish list
Hugs, Isai, Ken, Azen, PC Chris... mostly Hugs so he can show me how to really use a samus.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
several tournaments, food, and transportation
I'd only enter singles and teams, I don't eat that much, and I drive myself everywhere anyway.

The most I'd pay is $25.00.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Hugs is one of the pros I would also like to see return

If any pros are coming to this tournament, count me in. Its a well spent 50 bucks, even if my chances of winning is 0%. not to sound like a dumb @$$, but can we eat as much as we want and what do mean by transportation?
anyways...heres my pro wish list
Hugs, Isai, Ken, Azen, PC Chris... mostly Hugs so he can show me how to really use a samus.
I am going to start accepting donations for pros to come to Utah. All donations will be added together then split between pros who say they will attend. I am going to help pay AZ's Carpool if they decide to come as well as Cort's, KillaOR's and Hayoto's plane tickets if they themselfs are interested. However My job is not hig paying enough to help all of the pros I want to help, hence the creation of donations.

P.S. I am also going to do what OC2 did for the japanese. Top three donaters will be allowed to be housed with the pros at FoxTheStampedes house.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
**** it! Why is Roy not in the low tier tourney :mad:? That means I have to learn another low tier character XD.

But seriously if Link, DK , Pikachu, and Zelda are in I say include Roy in the list.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
If this tournament is in 2007 then odds are I can attend. :)

Can I make the web site again? I think I did pretty good last time. ;)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The only website that will be put up this time around is a pre-registration Website designed by some people I know.

Update on stages. coming soon
As you wish... :(

Takalth

Smash Ace
Could we look into some lower cost options (for example, people who aren't doing teams, crew, or low-tier). $50 is a bit over what I'll do, unless the food is fresh Sushi and you have 10 pros.
I just wonder if $50 means that you get 2 pros to come play against 5 people in Utah and a couple from Idaho.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
You under-estimate Gojira's hosting/organizational abilities by a lot. I would probably consider only getting 10 pros to be a failure.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
So how many pros are you expecting to be able to convince to come?(and which pros are you talking to)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
You under-estimate Gojira's hosting/organizational abilities by a lot. I would probably consider only getting 10 pros to be a failure.
Wow... and by exactly what means will he entice these pro players to come? If I remember correctly, Taj explicitly stated that he came to UST5 because no other big names were coming (thus an easy shot at winning). What kind of venue are we looking at here? Can we be sure that the place won't suck half the winnings like Slackerz did? :(

Takalth

Smash Ace
Well, if I see committments from enough pros, I would consider coming. Also, other notable (but not pro) players like Nealdt, Dyna Dash, or N64 would increase my chances of coming.

BTW, what is the largest number of pros we've had at a UST?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
BTW, what is the largest number of pros we've had at a UST?
Well, unless some pros showed up to a tournament I wasn't there for, the number is one: HugS came to UST1; Taj came to UST5. That's all I know about.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
AZ isn't going to be very happy about you saying Taj is their only "pro". What about everyone else from AZ you didn't stand a chance of defeating?

gnosis

Smash Lord
What has anyone else from AZ done? Not that Idaho or Utah hasn't done far less, but just because they're better than us doesn't mean they're pro. They have to have some real accomplishments before they can be called pros.

Maybe instead of pros we should just say 'people far better than you'? You meaning whoever reads that from the Idaho/Utah/etc. area?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
AZ isn't going to be very happy about you saying Taj is their only "pro". What about everyone else from AZ you didn't stand a chance of defeating?
Taj is the only real pro from Arizona (except for maybe Forward). As gnosis just stated, you should be less specific; the term 'pro' has an exact definition now. :chuckle: But I agree, it shouldn't be too hard to attract really good players.

Starting in 2007, I'm going to run a test: does being married make you a better or worse smasher? We'll find out! :laugh: I am getting married in Utah on December 29.

And hey, look at what I found in my dormitory restroom?

<3 Gojira! ^_^

Top Bottom