• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
NEXT TOURNAMENT: Apr. 28th

NEXT SMASHFEST: Apr. 14th

Start times are 12:00 pm unless otherwise noted.

--------------------

All MN smashers are encouraged to join the MN Smash forum!

http://z6.invisionfree.com/MNSmash/index.php?

--------------------

ADDRESS:
2115 Summit Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55105

Campus Map

Biweeklies will be in the first or fourth floor lounge of Selby Hall. You will need to call my cell (763-213-4360) when you arrive so I can let you in.

PARKING: Any unmarked parking spot on campus is available for parking on weekends.

TOURNEY RULES

Double Elimination
All matches are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
4 stock, 8 minute limit
No Items
Each person/team may knock out one stage for the entire set.
No stage may be played more than once per set, unless both players agree.
A player may not choose a stage where he/she has already won.
If you wish to have the game paused, you must request that your opponent do it, otherwise he has the choice to restart the round on a level of his choice. This rule does not apply to sudden obstructions and catastrophes.
Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, DK64
Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Great Bay, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle.
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.
Character picks are double blind
Advanced Slob Picks – The loser of a match picks the next stage to play, then the winner picks their character followed by the loser picking their character.
Ties broken by lives/percentages
Team Attack ON
BYOC!

ENTRY FEES: $10 per person (singles), $10 per team (doubles)

WINNINGS:
1st: 40%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 20%
4th: 10%

PLEASE BRING SETUPS IF POSSIBLE! We only have 3 here on campus.

Rules are subject to change throughout the year between events.

Current Rankings:
1 Aaron - 210
2 Chexr - 125
3 SuperDoodleMan - 78
4 BlueWolf - 75
5 James Sparrow - 56
6 yoshii - 35
7 GreenBunny - 26
8 Master - 25
9 Zeus - 24
9 Ulti - 24
11 Nomek - 18
11 Croudo - 18
13 Deepak - 16
13 56k - 16
15 DarkRoom - 14
15 Seanson - 14
17 Baka - 12
17 FluxWolf - 12
19 Stick - 8
19 Mag - 8
19 Crafty - 8
22 CivilianTurtle - 6
22 Whitefire - 6
22 D. Disciple - 6
22 Leon - 6
22 Uno - 6
22 Ray - 6
28 ECI4 - 4
28 Wes - 4
28 Swan - 4
28 Grant - 4
28 Dita - 4
28 Fish - 4
28 Sarm - 4
28 Peter - 4
36 Chop - 3
36 Chi - 3
38 Kram - 2
38 CJ - 2
38 Dos - 2
38 Ark - 2
38 4ire - 2
38 Andrew - 2

(Based off of Midwest Circuit scoring system)

Eci4

Smash Ace
Looking at maps this might not be to bad to go to once a month... I'd have to talk to some people though... I dont think any of us would be up for losing more money on smash just yet (what with just paying so much for books/tuition... yeah it sucks) so it would be cool if you alternated from tournies to fests... if you do biweeklies I say every other one be a tourney (actually same goes for monthlies) but mostly because I wouldnt plan on making it up for many tournies, rather just the fests untill I get a bit better that is

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
This is possible for me and some friends but we're two hours away in alexandria so it could probably only be monthly or bi-monthly, for us to attend at least, but we will continue to watch this thread.

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
Update: I have the confirmation of myself and one more guy as willing to attend, and one or two more casual players are showing some interest aswell. Myself and the one other serious player are working on forming an Alexandria team, in case of doubles, working title at the moment. Count on us attending but incase something goes wrong, I will let you know as soon as I can.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
There'll be enough time to hold both singles and doubles.

I was thinking of starting off at $10.00 per person/team. I can always change it later if enough people feel it's too much or too little.

yoshii

Smash Ace
Monthly seems to be a good standard and works out pretty well.

also, you might want to puch that date bacxk a little bit if you want more people to come. As the experience goes with River Falls Tournaments, the more advance time there is, the more people come. So mabe towards the end of Sept... just a suggestion.

Splorky Fish

Smash Rookie
I can afford to pay no more than 10 dollars per month to get schooled at Smash Bros. I'll chime that I also like the idea of biweeklies, with half being tournies and half being fests. If you do biweeklies, you might get erratic attendence, but I think enough people would come for everyone to have fun. Triweeklies are too hard to keep track of.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
Okay. The format of choice seems to be biweeklies with alternating fests and tourneys.

I'll start with a smashfest on the 9th and the first tournament on the 23rd, so this thread has some time to gather interest. I'll post up the rules a little later.

SDM: I'm not doing anything, but I don't have any transportation now that I'm back at school. :ohwell:

James Sparrow

Smash Master
no MK II ? i always thought that stage was up for counterpicks. ah well i don't really think i'll miss it. is FoD going to be on for teams? in some tournies it's been banned becuase it's almost always laggy with 4 people.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
Teams will use the same stages, except with Battlefield in place of Fountain of Dreams. FoD is turned off in teams due to frame-rate reduction. All other stages are the same.
Yeah, the framerate gets pretty bad on FoD because there's a lot of stuff moving on the stage.

Note that this ruleset is copied from my old tourney thread from April, which was copied from the FC6 rules.

Yay copy/paste.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I should be able to make it to the one on the ninth, but I doubt I can make it to the tournament.

I have a question regarding stages too. Why have Battlefield and Rainbow Cruise been taken out of Neutral stages?

Edit: Didn't see above post. Didn't know FC6 decided the stages either.

asicx

Smash Rookie
So it starts. I'll be camping (ALRIGHT!) during the weekend of 9th but count me in on the 29th! Word of thought: I think more people will come if you make it $5 per person. The Twin Cities smash scene could really pick up if we all do it right. To get to the main course, you gotta be able to afford the appetizer.

By the way, Bluewolf, is the hall where you stay at hooked up to a router? If so, can you let me know if there are any Halo 2 players there? And anyone wanna play some Street Fighter 3s or KoF 02/03 on the 29th?

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
I have aids. That's why I never come here anymore. Give me all your money and I won't even have to show up.

BTW. I lost $5 to a couple scrubs. ;=; Sad panda. Too much herb.

Judgement Hammer

Smash Rookie
Holy crap that's super close...I'm at the U of M (Minneapolis Campus) so I might be able to make it...

Never been to a tourney so I hope I don't screw up the rules or something...:chuckle:

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to come...I'm at St. Johns. I have a friend at St. Thomas who's pretty good by our standards...which isn't bad considering I beat BlueWolf at a fest like a year ago. Teehee. Jkzorz. But I did.

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
I too don't know for sure if I can make it, but you have my word for the tourney. Not sure if I can afford to travel 2 1/2 hours this weekend, we'll see.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
I don't want anyone showing up earlier than noon, since I have to eat and swipe some furniture from the other lounges. I'm not doing anything the rest of the day though, so it'll last as long as people can stay.

Also, I'm second guessing myself now about the entry fee. $15 seems a little steep for a monthly event. Maybe $5 per person/team?

ChopTheRed

Smash Apprentice
The hardest part about coming to these tournies is that ill have to tell my girlfriend Im going to play videogames instead of hanging out with her. :p

Eci4

Smash Ace
I don't want anyone showing up earlier than noon, since I have to eat and swipe some furniture from the other lounges. I'm not doing anything the rest of the day though, so it'll last as long as people can stay.

Also, I'm second guessing myself now about the entry fee. $15 seems a little steep for a monthly event. Maybe $5 per person/team?
5 per person for each event is fine with me, but I wouldnt complain to cheapened teams at all... I'll talk to tyler (who would be my ride) tonight and see if we'll be going this weekend and when we plan on showing up if we do... I actually kinda want to wait till the tourney now though... I have improved a lot since disciples tournament

yoshii

Smash Ace
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii aaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmddddddddddddddd ccccccccccccccccccoooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmppppppppppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Eci4

Smash Ace
yoshii, that was both the worst and best post I ever read... also I was yelling it in my head...

sadly I dont think I will be making it... Tyler says he really doesn't feel up to it right now... I'm hoping to make the tourney though

Top Bottom