• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL Missingno Thread!!!

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
It's about time Nintendo stopped denying Missingno's existance. We know he's there, he's more well known and infamous than other suggested Pokemon, or even Pichu. He would be a cool character and the ultimate tribute to the teenage Pokemon fans who remember when they were 9 and spent hours messing with the Missingno glitch.

Missingno appears in 4 forms:

GlitchMGlitch, which is just a big block of random figures.
A skeleton Aerodactyl
A skeleton Kabutops
The ghosts in the ghost tower

And after you catch him, he appears as a man that turns into a flower.

He would be interesting, and it would be so cool to have him return. He really is a classic Nintendo character.

I'm seeing him as more of a boss character. His transformations to different forms could mke different styles of play and he could do cool stuff involving duplicating items, glitching, freezing, etc. etc. etc.

D

Deleted member

I think there's already a topic on this.

Personally, I don't see how he(?) could be a character. He's not an official pokemon, just a Missing Number (get it?).

Though I would like to see a Missingno trophy as a fan reference.

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
Who said it had to be a Pokemon from the Pokemon series? I swear theres a million threads for Ash out there. The man/flower is playable, and so is the skeleton kabutops, and so is the ghost. His super smash could use his other forms, and so could his B attacks (turns into aerodactly and uses an attack, etc) and he could use rare candies too!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
You've got to be kidding, right? Missingno is nothing but a glitch, a problem that appears when certain condiitions are met. It isn't a pokemon, it isn't a character, it's merely a malfunction on the part of the game boy cartridge.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Alot of People? Does that mean you? It doesn't matter if people spent hours doing the Missingno glitch doesn't mean it's their favorite character. He's not even a character.

And my sig is a screenshot of a bunch of threads posted by the same person, it's just cut off. Your sig is just a misunderstood quote about independant development

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
He needs to make an appearance somehow, if not a character at least as a cameo.

And they should make a Cinnabar Island Right Side stage. In fact, I'm poosting about that.

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
Now THERE'S a cool idea. I would say more like the master hand, but that is DEFINITELY an idea. Cuz then you could make him with ridiculous, overpowered moves (transforming, flying, rare candy attacks)

Thunderbolt

Smash Journeyman
This thread is as stupid as the person who made it.

Do you think they acually put Missingno. in Red/Blue not accidently? Hes WAS A MISTAKE!!!!

Then only reason he was a fan favorite was because you can get infinate items on the games. Missingno. ,will NEVER be in Brawl!! So go cry in a corner. If they wanted him to be in the Smash Series, they would of done him in 64 or Melee. Missingno. will have NO CAMEOS in the game. He will not even be spoke of. EVER. In ANY SSB games.

Give up your pointless dream. Its not going to happen.

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
Dude, just cuz "Hes WAS A MISTAKE!!!!" doesn't mean we should just pretend he doesn't exist. Nintendo was busy denying his existance in 64 and Melee, but its about time they stopped. Pit and Wario weren't in melee or 64, but look, woohoo, they're in now. Do you think everything good in the Smash series should have been in 64 or Melee? Who would have thought Snake would make it in? Before the video I would have said that Missingno had a better chance than snake of getting in.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
People think Missingno. is Pokemon number 0, but the sad truth is that Missingno is any number but the numbers already taken by the real Pokemon. I believe the appearance is constructed using the player's name. The Pokemon which appears during the Old Man's Glitch is determined by the Player's ID. This could also mean that if your ID was 151, you would get Mew. If the ID didn't correspond with an existing Pokemon, you would either get the glitch'm'glitch or Missingno, which is just the string to replace the missing name.

At least that's how I understood it.

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
You can't get Mew, but I know how to get Mew. Have a pokemon with speed 21 or something like that (I forget what it is) and then get one that knows teleport and go to the grass area north of cerulean and there is a guy who doesn't see you until you walk onto the screen. Walk up just out of his field of vision, then move so he can see you and quickly pause and teleport back to Cerulean Pokecenter. The game will think you are in a battle. Now go to the youngster who says his daddy took him on a cruise ship or something like that (I forget whas it is) and kill him then go in deep grass and catch a mew and enjoy.

It goes something like that.

Hoodie

Smash Journeyman
This is probably the one of the worst ideas i've read on this area of the forum since i joined.
Missingwwhatever is not a pokemon.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Dude, just cuz "Hes WAS A MISTAKE!!!!" doesn't mean we should just pretend he doesn't exist. Nintendo was busy denying his existance in 64 and Melee, but its about time they stopped. Pit and Wario weren't in melee or 64, but look, woohoo, they're in now. Do you think everything good in the Smash series should have been in 64 or Melee? Who would have thought Snake would make it in? Before the video I would have said that Missingno had a better chance than snake of getting in.
It doesn't really matter if you'd have thought Missingo had a better chance of Snake at being in Brawl before Snake was announced.

Oh, also I'm agree with the Hoodie.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
he should be a boss in brawl for "old time" memorys, he should be flickering between all the models (other characters) & once its low in HP it will turn into 10100110 code with a square body

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Okay, in case you haven't heard:

Missingno. was a fail-safe, so that dumb little kids who screw up the game and happened to encounter a non-existing Pokemon would end up getting a Pokemon named Missingno., which is, I repeat, a fail-safe. Nintendo never planned Missingno. to be a Pokemon. I even think that they have fail-safes for items.

Missingno. does not and will never exist.

Stryks

Smash Hero
This may be the worse suggestion to date, cause missingo is a glitch, at least grimer, and other suggestions like Bonk were at least real characters...

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Missingno's B attack could be to throw a Master ball. It would be GREEN (Like in gold and
sliver) so not to be confused with a PokeBall, and it would be thrown only short range
like Link's Bombs. It would trap people for 2/3 of the time of a Yoshi egg, and opponents
would bounce up after breaking free. Reference to infinite Master balls.

[SIZE = 5] MISSINGNO IS IN SMASH BROS MELEE [/SIZE]

I Went through all the trophy Messages with the Action Replay.

Messages 293-300 are all "You got the 000 Trophy!" Which IS technically Missingno..

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
Why are you all so against Missingno?

I still think he needs to make an appearance in the game somehow.

Nintendo needs to stop pretending he doesn't exist.

All you haters and... grr... DE-REPPERS are just people who had your games erased by GlitchMGlitch. FYI, I was never stupid enough to save after catching it.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
Vasilicus,

Missingno is just plain wrong!

Using this . . .THING as a character doesn't work, because Pokemon Inc. never made a true
3D image of missingno.

It was just a famous glitch in the game that was part of a cheating method to get infinite items.

So you are out of luck there and a waste of time creating this thread. Sorry, man.

ALSO, do you think it's a bit esoteric?

Pyr0

Smash Ace
they should put missingo not as a playable character, instead it should be in an event match
like giga-bowser, sorta like a prank, he could be just the sprite used in the RBY pokemon, so it would take about 20 kb of the disc, he wouldnt take space at all, so you guys could have other pkmn (munchie)

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Missingno would be awsome a joke character like GW. (horrible idea vasilicus, but hilarious). Maybe instead of a character he could come out of a pokeball and all the items on the stage would multiply..., or he could transform into any pokemon, but use the attack of a different one...(or when he comes out the game freezes. lol)

btw, missingno obviously had some messages hidden in him. Nintendo purposely put him in to corrupt our youth. I bet some children have decoded the subliminal message and killed their families and the kids at school. THen they fled to the safety of the missingno cult...

Pyr0

Smash Ace
well acctualy theres a rumor that missingno from blue & red use different sprites & when put toghether they give a slight appearence of yoshi

ill see if i can get the site where i saw that

Zink

Smash Champion
This is the dumbest idea ever. Hardly anyone even knows what Missingno IS. Nintendo isn't "denying its existence" because there's nothig to deny! Just wait till Mcfox gets here.

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
Believe it or not I got the idea from McFox.

Nintendo knows what Nintendo is, and it tries to keep people from using it. They've come up with dozens of lies about it, including that it deletes your game, corrupts your gameboy, etc. etc.

Top Bottom