• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perfect Control 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
Watch on Youtube
(google link pending)
Download high quality from Filefront

OTHER LINKS
Teaser on Youtube
Low quality teaser on Filefront
High quality teaser on Filefront
Beamsabre Beat on ocremix
Dr Asuul on Filefront

---

--TIMELINEY EXPLANATHON--

Here I offer an explanation of each clip. This is updated as a big answer to any questions people have about the technical aspect of this video. Clips recorded by other people are noted as such.

0:14 - Fox HRC
Fox drops the bat and drill kicks before the sandbag can fly away. Eleven times.

0:26 - Samus HRC

0:37 - Fox edge shining (by Nigzel)
The animation cause by wavedashing can be cancelled by teetering, which can be cancelled with anything (such as Reflector).

0:41 - Fox dashdancing (by Nigzel)

0:42 - Rapid shine cancels (by Nigzel)
Using Reflector frame 1 in the air nullifies your jump momentum, and Fox lands shortly after. Holding forward (or back) before leaving the ground allows Fox to move slightly.

0:45 - Wallbouncing
Young Link and Captain Falcon are the only characters that can do this well. Simply do an attack (preferably b-air, to be holding towards the wall as long as possible) ASAP after walljumping, and hold hard toward the wall. Being in an attack animation rather than the walljump animation allows you to influence your movement.

0:48 - Ness sweeps the floor

0:52 - Star jacket
For a full explanation of Ness' yoyo goodness, visit the yoyo glitch topic.

0:55 - Moon jump
I don't know why moonwalking works, I just know how to do it.

0:56 - Moon dancing

1:00 - Double edge wavedashing
Popo wavedashing off an edge, then immediately wavelanding on the same platform with no jumps or nuthin. Doesn't always work, I had inconsistent results (which is why the clip ends so abruptly).

1:03 - Blaster smash DI
Falco's Blaster gives 3 frames of hitstun, enough for Luigi to fall into the next one. For a full explanation on SDI, visit Doraki's DI guide.

1:06 - Zapdos SDI evasion
Zapdos provides constant hitstun, and therefore constant SDI.

1:13 - Daughter dashes
A crash course in these mini-SWDs (though in fact, the SWD is really just a daughter dash that grew up). For a full explanation on daughter dashes, visit Nigzel's Daughter Dashes Guide.

1:27 - SDDSWD to delayed edgehog
If you have sliding momentum into an edge, but are doing an attack, you will stop in your tracks, but the momentum won't be destroyed. If the momentum was momentous enough and the attack short enough, there will be enough left over to fall off.

1:31 - Outrunning a missile

1:33 - Daughter dashes to super duper wavedash
The most horizontal distance Samus can get on one surface

1:37 - Frozen SDI
When frozen by the IC's freeze glitch, you can still SDI. Those falling tools have quite a lot of hitstun.

1:42 - SDI to stay in a combo
Simply SDI'ing the opposite direction the attack will send. When it does, Fox is right there.

1:46 - Luigi gets abducted
Zelda has near-constant hitstun with her up smash.

1:49 - Blaster infinite (by Nigzel)

1:53 - Playing catch up
Falcon has a 25 frame head start but it still isn't enough.

1:56 - Up B cancel (by Nigzel)

2:01 - Mewtwo wall infinite (by Nigzel)
Naturally only works until 30%, but with clever resetting of damage, the combo lasts unnaturally long.

2:08 - DK shows off

2:12 - The other Spinning Kong
DK's B, like Sheik's, takes as little as 15 frames (1/4 second) to begin and cancel (no charge is gained, though).

2:16 - Septuple Needle cancel to edgehog

2:19 - Desynch number 5
For a full explanation of this and other desynchs, visit Exarch's Guide to Desynching.

2:24 - SDI to the finish

2:31 - Infinite edgehog/dash
Samus and Ganondorf proving the invincibility of their edgehop wavelanding.

2:34 - Jugglin'
Peach double jumps immediately after jumping to land right after, but drop a vegetable behind her in the process. Pick up the one in front of her, turn around, and repeat. Needs a hill, or else the veggies hit the floor.

2:37 - Up B walljump
Several "vertical" walls have irregularities that allow Mario to walljump out of his up B near the end of it.

2:42 - Rocket dash (aka SDMSDDSWD)
For a full explanation of this new glitch, visit Nigzel's Daughter Dashes Guide.

2:51 - Rocket dancing
Executing a rocket dash immediately after the slight jolt of landing in ball mode allows you to keep the height from said jolt, and re-cross the pit. For example, if you rocket to the left, you'd hold right (slightly if possible) until you get over the edge you intend to rocket from next. You would hold left on the jolt frame (or before as well, but too long before would take you farther from the edge) and then right the next frame, then left (slightly if possible) the next frame to continue rocketing to the right.

2:54 - Rocket suicide
If you land after frame 42 with rocket momentum, it continues as if it were a SWD (or in this case, SDWD).

2:57 - Rocket dance SDWD
This gets more distance that usual, since there are ice patches on the beta level.

2:59 - Onett zany
The wire gets steep so fast, it's possible to begin a rocket dash from far enough away to skip the steepest part.

3:02 - Vertical rocket
Rocket dashing off an incline grants vertical momentum in proportion to the steepness of the incline, and is totally unrelated to horizontal momentum. You keep the vertical momentum no matter what you hold (unless you lay a bomb or air dodge or something) and even after the bombing animation ends. Try this on Brinstar in training 1/4 speed for the fastest results.

3:07 - Rocket play (by Nigzel)

3:13 - Double decker dash
The platforms are low enough to land before frame 42.

3:20 - SWD race

3:47 - Mr "Hakuzi"
I misspelled. The correct name is Mr Hazuki

4:21 - Dr Asuul
I got this from ocremix originally, but I can't find it there anymore. Its a mystery.

4:34 - and even more that wasn't
I had Nigzel redo several clips, and also redid some myself, of still other clips he'd sent. All told, he sent me at least a minute and a half of real-time converted footage. That's a lot of work.

4:44 - The video or the thread?
The thread came first, in this case. Since I knew this is even more confusing that Perfect Control, the answers would need to be readily available. I made the topic with a dummy name and put its URL in the video, then had a mod lock and later unlock the topic to prevent any possible unnecessary posts.

---

THANKS TO

Nigzel, for the clips, and the inside scoop on Samus new tricks

Omnigamer, for the supervision of this thread over opening weekend

Warrior of Zarona, for giving me an audience and a deadline with Smashtality 2

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Bump, or somesuch. Another incredible piece for any smasher's video collection... this one is a must-watch folks.

Zero34

Smash Lord
that was amazing. i wasnt even sure what half the stuff was but it was still crazy

where's the download link?

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Okay, this is going to sound crazy, but I was listening to my own music instead of what was actually in the movie and it fit almost perfectly along with most of the actions. >_>

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Not much to say but "TOO GOOD"!

Edit: LOL! This vid was released the 18th, and no one gave the topic a reply before 4 days later? A shame!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
How much damage did you get before the tipper in the Samus HRC clip? I can't read the number.

edit: I just realized that the reason it got so much damage is because there's no move decay in AR. Sin has actually pulled off the same strategy but with 1 more bomb and better BDs.

This is definately one of the coolest SSBM videos ever. Amazing work, SDM!

Vegard

Smash Lord
Not much to say but "TOO GOOD"!

Edit: LOL! This vid was released the 18th, and no one gave the topic a reply before 4 days later? A shame!
lol, didn't notice that. People would normaly be quick to reply to threads like this.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
This topic was named "PLACEHOLDER" or something like that, and was locked for a couple days until SDM edited the post with links to PC2.

That is why, I assume, no one replied for a couple of days.

Otherwise: fun video. I liked the first one more due to the novelty and variety, but I do really like all the neat SWD stuff you did, especially the ledge recover->SWD, and the launcher SWDs. Good work.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I'm so happy this was premiered at Smashtality 2.

Thanks again for coming, SuperDoodleMan! It was an amazing turnout at the tournament.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
yes, i have to agree with everyone else on this one..... It's too good. I personally liked the small part you did on the moonwalk with captain falcon and the waveshine on link, with shl in between wtf!!! Good stuff as always.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
SDM PWNS ALL!!!!!!!!!

thanks for letting (or telling) bluewolf to show us it at the tourney =) it was awsome on the T.v.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Ok u can actually do more than back forth in 1 swd so its like 1 in normal, X2 and so on

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Okay, this comment probably means nothing to you considering the large amounts you are recieving, but kudos anyways.

It's obvious which part I liked lol;) . But that SSWD thing was still crazy.

But how do you guys actually play frame by frame? I mean, I have AR and all, and know how to do it, but I can't get the button commands in. Do you press waht you want right after you press Z? Or do you hold it before, or what? Seeing as this topic is tto hot, you may not answer me SDM, but if anyone with AR can answer this for me, I'd appreciate it.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Beat expectations, awesome to the max. I especially loved the new Samus stuff, I don't think the SWD miss boosts are humanly possible (at least 6 or w/e), but I would be very interested in the edge-boosting stuff, since I think it would be possible to use in a real match, especially intercepting their recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom