• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
(Ignore this Post for anything im not hosting myself)

1407 Canadian ct. Virginia Beach Va. 23453<----------Address n' ****.

5$ VENUE FEE ON TOURNEY DAYS!!!! (meaning when its NOT a fest or practice)

rules: (melee)

Double elemenation, 4 stock, 8 min time.
Life stealing ALLOWED in teams.
Items OFF
Team attack ON

Controllers

1. You are responsible for bringing your own controller.
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Stages:

Random selcet.
Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, [DK 64, Rainbow Cruise(teams only)], Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, [Fountain of Dreams (singles only)] .

BANNED.
Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay, Mushroom Kingdom 2 and Mute City(teams only)

Counterpick.
any non-banned stages are open for counterpick.

Stage & Character Selection:
The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player/team may call for a reset. Each player/team can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can't be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick.
No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series. The random select stages are the only stages that may be used more than once in a best of 11 series.
After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won't be used during the series. Random select stages can't be knocked out. The lower seeded player/team must make their knockout selection first. Once the first game has started, stages can't be knocked out.
After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Other Rules & Special Issues
1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.

CREWS!
Melee)
10 man crews

** stock split EVENLY! 8 min time.

Pokemon stadium, Final, Dreamland 64 on RANDOM.

you must have a team captain.

the first persom on each crew to fight is picked via double blind by both captains. every figher there after is the picked by the captin. (the captains role) you have 2 min after the match to pick your next fighter or you forfit a stock from your CAPTAIN.
(O-no's rule, it save's time)

BRING CUBES/WIIS!!!!!!!!! it would suck to have a tourny....with one cube...... :ohwell:

BRAWL RULES.

TOURNEY RULES:
CASH PAYOUT: 60/30/10
NO ITEMS
TEAM ATTACK IS ON!

CONTROLS! ---if you have special control settings, you MUST change your control scheme before the match starts. If you're human and happen to forget to add your changed controls to that system, you have about 5 seconds into the match [unless your opponent is nice] to remember to change your controls. You WILL, however, remain that character and return to that stage if this kind of event occurs.

3 Stock
8 Minutes
Best 2 out of 3
Losers/Winners/Grand Finals: Best 3 out of 5
Each player can ban a stage prior to the set.
First match of each set will be on a Random stage
Loser of the previous match will choose the next stage, then the winner selects a character, then the loser selects a character.
Any glitches or game-stalling strategies to run out the clock are banned and will result in the loss of that stock.

DEDEDE's INFINITE chain grab is banned.

STAGES
NEUTRAL STAGES (set to Random):
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (DS Version)

COUNTERPICK STAGES:
-Lylat Cruise
-Halberd
-Frigate Orpheon
-Pokestadium 1
-Brinstar
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Seige
-Rainbow Cruise
-Jungle Japes
-Green Greens
-Onett

Stage Ban Rules- Stage bans must be made prior to playing your first match with the person. Neutral stages can not be banned unless agreed upon by both players.

(These rules will apply when these games are played)

Capcom vs SNK 2

Evil ryu, shin akuma, god rugal and, orochi iori are banned.

Marvel vs CAPCOM 2.

match stopping glitches are banned

Street Fighter 3. 3rd strike.

Tekken 5 DR

Guilty gear Accent core

ALL GAMES ARE 5$ ENTRY POT SPLIT 60/30/10

ALL GAMES ARE 2 OF 3 MATCHES WITH LOSERS WINNERS AND GRAND FINALS BEST 3 OF 5

ALL GAMES ARE DOUBLE ELEM.

ALL GAME RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. (but more than likely wont be changed)

O-NO HOUSE RULE...(by house, i mean when i host at my HOUSE)

If im hosting a tourney and you plan to be here you MUST play at least 2 events. thats singles, doubles, crews, low tier, low tier teams... whatever.

reason? many players that come to play come from city's away. id like for them to at least get a chance to win gas money WHILE having a great time. people always ask me about hosting and throwing tourneys but halve the time no one wants to enter for fear of losing 5 or 10 bucks. im gonna have to say thats nonsense. if im hosting for practice thats different. but im gonna stop "Hosting" all together and just play with SS whenever i want to play if people stop entering. it makes NO sense for me to host a tourney if everyone in sova comes and only SS enters and, it makes no sense for people to come from other city's to play in tourney and no one enters because they dont want to loose. My house is not that big either and id rather use the extra space for people entering the tourney to be comfortable.

Dont be cheap, have some pride and , have fun while your at it. :bee::laugh::laugh:

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Thats right. Starting in november ( i dont have a date yet) im going to start hosting bi-weeklie Fests/tournys ( more fest than tourny im sure, its the sova way :p ). i dont have any details yet but as soon as i think of what i wanna do. ill post up. all i can say for now is its GOING to happen,
its going to be in VA beach (not to far from C-sticks) and its gonna be alot of fun. im hopeing that by hosting these events that we can all get better. i myself will be aiming to bring out my inner bombsoldier :chuckle: .

You switched out peach for Falco? If so, *pound*

**** YOU DOLL HAHAAAA

Doll

Smash Journeyman

You switched out peach for Falco? If so, *pound*

**** YOU DOLL HAHAAAA
>;P

Anyone who switched peach for falco is a ##!@$#!$ $##@$ 5345634~~~!!!!@ %#^%

Cept you Fonz.

<3 Fonz

(Fonz, you're an idiot too! XP)

CStick

Smash Lord
Firday nights, eh? Talk about awesomeness. I should be 100% free on every friday then since I dont have a life or a job at the moment >_>

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
WTF!?!?!

1) When did i become a peach player? i used to play marth/falco. i use peach sometimes. not to say shes not awsome. but all i keep getting is "play more falco!!!", so im going w/ that. plus bombsolier is a SSBM rockstar XD.

2) FACT; the biweeklies are going to be SATURDAYS! if you where refering to what i told whodat, i wassent telling him about smash. Im also doing a friday night fight type thing for other fighters, new and old. streetfighter, KOF/SNK, tekken, soulcalibur. that kind of thing.

Qual

Smash Rookie
Newish. I've been reading pretty regularly for probably 2 years, never really an active poster, per say.

My friend and I both go to VCU (Richmond), but we take drive up to Chesapeake/Va Beach just about every weekend. Don't let my post count fool you. I'm competition :D

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
thats wassup then, qual. if you guys can make it out that would be great. lotsa good players poping up lately. i played Ether a few days ago and i was really impressed! not that im anyone special to impress ^-^; ive been getting alot of inspiration lately to play more and improve my game. i hope alot of people can make it out and we can all get better. True we dont have as many great players like NoVA, but i just think its due to us not growing together and sharing our skill. thats why i want to gather players together so we all might learn from eachother. the noobs of today can be the greats of tomorrow.

adwillia

Smash Apprentice
im definitely down for coming to one of these bad boys, pending the ride situation...*looks at cow or colin without trying to be rude*

also, are we gonna get an address as time gets closer?

Ether

Smash Ace
Good thing I checked smashboards. I'm there....provided I don't have to work..=(

CStick, we're still teaming up, right? I've got to learn how to not kill my partner...

Good games the other night, O-NO. My friends were psyched. Hopefully I can bring my friend Matt next time. He still wants to play CStick and win. I don't know why, but he can't believe someone would use CStick as their name.... o_O

Hey, G-reg said he'd consider coming down if we up the entry fee to $10. Let's keep that in mind for later on. But the cheap startup costs are great.

Oh, and I can bring a t.v. and 2 cubes.

unrealperson4564

Smash Apprentice
Virginia Beach, VA ; I think I'm becoming a Sonic
wusssup giys hope i don'z screw upz dis time. >_____________________>

Anyways this will be pretty good, but my smash game will suck after I get a Wii so ummm yeah I'm going to have to pull out my Kirby for deez.

UPDATEORZ: My cube fried so I'm gonna have to be looking like a Wiitard bringing my Wii for future biweeklys/tournaments. Also

FULL JUMP FALCO IZ BACK???!!!!

yayuhhzzz.

burningduck

Smash Rookie
yeah ill try and be there im kinda of a newb just start this summer but ive been playing around with mark and nghia some guys u played with recently and i live like 15 minutes away from u soo ill try and convince my parents to let me go.(sux being 16) is there any specific time to be there yet?

CStick

Smash Lord
I'll bring a TV and cube

I'll try and get Tech and maybe DARK to come, but no promises

since I'm pretty sure Tech wont come, yea ether, we can team. You should have to worry about killin me since you dont spam projectiles like Tech does lol

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
J Wu and Burningduck ^_^, good to hear more new smashers are comeing out! check the 1st post for time updates and all that. if your new to the sceen then you might wanna get there as close to 12pm as you can. there may be alot you can learn before everything gets started.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
All I can is good **** SoVA. I remember when it was just a handful of decent smashers and what it's turned into. I hope to get down there soon, I miss Cstick and I've never met Rad wtf lol

Ichor

Smash Journeyman
man thats too far for my crew so i wont make an appperance at that one yall need to set one up near here

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
well unfortunatly i can't be "sick" that day for work.. but i can come around 2-3ish.. not so sure i'll be able to participate, but im down for some casuals. =P

Nava

Smash Journeyman
Hey Otis. This is Chris G.'s friend. He called me up to tell you that me and two other people are going, but I don't have your number. The name's Nathan by the way.

BlackheartLee

Smash Rookie
Everyone's invited!

The more people that show up... the more victims for HER nefarious Death-God Boots of Sin! She still needs more souls!!! Feed her!! x__X

adwillia

Smash Apprentice
yo i'm trying to come again this weekend, but we'll see what happens. colin, if ur going and i cant get ar ride elsewhere, can i bum with you? thanks bro.

anyone out there looking for a teammate? cow's not coming so imma need someone to complete me at this tourney.

sova peoplez....money matches?

cstick....fox vs. samus 5 bux?
ono....5 bux?
lee....5?
anyone 5?

let me knowz, i'm up for a million friendlies as well.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
If I end up going I'll definately hook you up with a ride, I'll team with you too if my brother isn't coming. The day before the tourney is my birthday, but I think I'll be down for smashing the next day.

I'll do a 1 dollar moneymatch with my samus vs your fox at final. But I'd rather just do friendlies.

this seems like it will be alot of fun. Adam, smash thurs night? 5:30 ish?

Top Bottom