• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Power Ranking/State Monthlies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Current Status:
so, welcome. this is the oklahoma power ranking thread, and without any buffering, here goes the info...

MISSION STATEMENT: Oklahoma power rankings have been created to better allow any out-of-stater to analyze the respect, skill, and experience of any of our players based on the educated opinions of the panelists.

PANELISTS/SYSTEM: With around 30 smashers in the state, we will have a constant panel size of 5, including myself. These panelists may be substituted later on, if a person is relieved of his or her duty from the decision of the rest of the panel, or resigns their position. Additionally, one to two temporary panelists will be cycled out upon each power ranking update. Applications will be asked for when necessary- when one or more spot is currently or will soon be void. The power ranking list will include 15 people, roughly 3/5 of the smashers in the state.

CRITERIA: Panelists will be judging smashers on the following vague characteristics, in importance of their respective positions. however, even if someone is strong in a high-importance characteristic, being weak in others will not gain them much strength overall.

1) respected overall ability
2) success in tournaments
3) experience and growth
4) their tutoring, or helping of other state smashers
5) intellegent, worthwhile, and insightful, or at least humorous posts on SWF :)
6) their attitude towards both in-state and OOS smashers, as well as their modesty and devotion.

Panelists
permanenttemporary
Dokkoise
KOS-MOS
Heath
Auddy

Current Power Ranking List

AEGIS
Cowboys & Engines
The Ministry
Modus Pwnens
The Spartans
no crew

1) KOS-MOS
2) South Paw
3) Shade
4) Vegafuse
5) Dokkoise
6) Heath
Scud
8) Gravity
9) Zinth
10) Marc
11) Pay$
RastaImposta
13) ----player inactive----
14) Auddy
15) Akasuna no Sasori
16) Jeff
17) Blue Jay
18) Shanx
19) Gt
20) The Irish Dude

Current Active Oklahoma Smashers

Akasuna no Sasori
Auddy
Blue Jay
Caleb
Crackboom
Dokkoise
Eli
Ferro de Lupe
Gravity
Gt
Heath
Jeff
Ken
Keroku the Thunderwolf
KOS-MOS
Little Chuckles
Malice Chaos
Marc
Outlaw
Pay$
PwT
RastaImposta
RisingKen
Scud
Shade
Shanx
Sid
South Paw
Tire
The Deadman
The Irish Dude
Tyler
Tyrannosaurus
Vegafuse
Wes
Wut?
Zinth

Active OK Crews

AEGIS
Dokkoise
Heath
Scud

Cowboys & Engines
Caleb
Eli
Sid
The Irish Dude

The Ministry
Akasuna no Sasori
Auddy
PWT
The Deadman

Modus Pwnens
Crackboom
Outlaw
Tyler
Wes

The Spartans
Gravity
KOS-MOS
Pay$
RastaImposta
Shade
Shanx

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Same here, I think I should be since I get to see you guys play the most, I mean you are over my house alot.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
im here reno
dont u remember what zinth(?) sed
were gonna look like we gotta big head about our smashing

im applying
u need a noobish person on a group of panelists
i also hav the current power rankings

Shade_

Smash Ace
oh you wanted us to apply for pannels, well I think that we should get people with that can be trusted but yet can have pretty diverse perspectives, if everyone of th epannels thinks the same way whats to try and stop them if someone disagreees, the awnsers nothing. So I think chris and zinth should be there, I would say paublo but he is rarely on the computer, I guess I could try. I think its safe to say I notice alot of everyones playing styles and anailzation is something I am pretty good at.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I say that Chris should definitely be a panelist. Shade might be a good choice as well. South_Paw would also be another good choice, and Pablo would probably be a good choice as well. If enough people think that I'd do a good job, I'll be on the panel, because I do like being a part of things like this, but I'm not sure how effective/unbiased I'd be, so I won't nominate myself. Well actually, I could probably be unbiased, as I have come to terms with my suckitude and don't want to be higher up on the list unless I'm truly good enough to be, but I'm not sure how generally accurate and effective I'd be.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
if u wanta diverse set of panelists
get a slightly noobish person in there, like me and
sum1 like chris
zinth
and of course reno

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
If you want me to Reno, I'll be a panelist, although it is your choice to decide(if I'm reading this correctly).

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS, you are going to be a panelist whether you want to or not, lol.

Vegafuse, Shade, and South_Paw would all be pretty good choices as well. I would normally suggest myself because I'm devoted and always around, but iono how well I can guage people yet.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I believe that the panel should have guys with both experience and a non-biased opinion of what makes a good smasher. Therefore I nominate:

Reno/Hazygoose: Even though he is already on the panel, Alex has proven to be the most organized and dedicated person among our group. He pretty much ran the previous OHSNAP single-handedly, and set up the old Power Ranking tournament. Without him, nothing would ever get done.

KOS-MOS:Chris is not only an extremely hard-working and gifted player, but he has strong opinions and is not afraid to voice them even when they go against the trend. Every group needs a voice of civil discontent, and Chris is that voice.

RastaImposta: As Babac himself said, he is witness to most of the matches we all play, so who better than he to attest to growth of a player than someone who viewed it personally?
He would be an excellent choice.

As for who would take the fourth and final spot... hmmm... I don't know for sure. Kuni has a great analytical eye, and Bryan is pretty observant as well. Pablo seems to be a good choice, but I don't know if he would want to do it. Those are the three that immediately come to my mind when I think who would have the wisdom and experience to be on the panel.

I wish that I could be a part of this panel, but I don't know. I mean I probably more than anyone else has been exposed to the most amount of high-level Smashing. I think I've been to more tournaments than anyone, but I don't know if that alone is enough to qualify me for such a task. I think I can be impartial enough, but I have a history of not being able to make it to/arrive VERY late to Smashfests and such, so that hurts me a great deal there.

Anywho, that's my two pennies on who and how I think the panel should be setup. Before ending this post, I have a question for Alex: When does the voting start? Will it be immediately after the panel has been decided upon? Should it be done over AIM so as to not offend/hurt the feelings of the other players? We don't want to have anyone's decision tainted by feelings of loyalty, or unwillingness to vote friends and such lower/higher on the list, you know?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I believe that the panel should have guys with both experience and a non-biased opinion of what makes a good smasher. Therefore I nominate:

Reno/Hazygoose: Even though he is already on the panel, Alex has proven to be the most organized and dedicated person among our group. He pretty much ran the previous OHSNAP single-handedly, and set up the old Power Ranking tournament. Without him, nothing would ever get done.

KOS-MOS:Chris is not only an extremely hard-working and gifted player, but he has strong opinions and is not afraid to voice them even when they go against the trend. Every group needs a voice of civil discontent, and Chris is that voice.

RastaImposta: As Babac himself said, he is witness to most of the matches we all play, so who better than he to attest to growth of a player than someone who viewed it personally?
He would be an excellent choice.

As for who would take the fourth and final spot... hmmm... I don't know for sure. Kuni has a great analytical eye, and Bryan is pretty observant as well. Pablo seems to be a good choice, but I don't know if he would want to do it. Those are the three that immediately come to my mind when I think who would have the wisdom and experience to be on the panel.

I wish that I could be a part of this panel, but I don't know. I mean I probably more than anyone else has been exposed to the most amount of high-level Smashing. I think I've been to more tournaments than anyone, but I don't know if that alone is enough to qualify me for such a task. I think I can be impartial enough, but I have a history of not being able to make it to/arrive VERY late to Smashfests and such, so that hurts me a great deal there.

Anywho, that's my two pennies on who and how I think the panel should be setup. Before ending this post, I have a question for Alex: When does the voting start? Will it be immediately after the panel has been decided upon? Should it be done over AIM so as to not offend/hurt the feelings of the other players? We don't want to have anyone's decision tainted by feelings of loyalty, or unwillingness to vote friends and such lower/higher on the list, you know?

EDIT: I completely forgot about Coty >_< He's got the most Smash experience out of any one of us. He should be on there definitely. That is, if he wants to. If he doesn't I'd still like to apply for the position if its open.

Another Edit: WTF? Double-post?! How the hell did that happen? Sorry about that, carry on.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hmm, I agree with Po Pimpus.

Also Po, the premium mushroom means that you get to give someone a free name change, right? If you haven't used it and don't have any plans for it, want to help me get my name changed to "Zinth"? >_>

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Zinth, sure I can do that. Just PM me sometime, I'm not sure how that name change thing works...

On topic, where is Coty, or Pablo for that matter? You guys better post something quick because I'm looking to you guys' input most of all...

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
no one give props to a fresh eye lol

im prolly the least biased person here
u all beat me
i see u as superiors (sorta)
cept for andy
JK

u all have analytic skills
but i have logic and kinetic learning
as WELL as analytic skills

all im trying to say is

Give the New Guy a Chance.

*This advertisement is paid for by King_Gt
vote for me
lmao!!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i added a panelist, stay tuned to find out the rest

and po:
"Anywho, that's my two pennies on who and how I think the panel should be setup. Before ending this post, I have a question for Alex: When does the voting start? Will it be immediately after the panel has been decided upon? Should it be done over AIM so as to not offend/hurt the feelings of the other players? We don't want to have anyone's decision tainted by feelings of loyalty, or unwillingness to vote friends and such lower/higher on the list, you know?"

voting will start ASAP. we're already pretty organized, i'm sure everyone here has their opinions. i just spent about 2 hours making and remaking my list. and yes, i plan to do it in an AIM chatroom, if possible. everyone will put in their lists, we'll discuss parts people disagree with, and after/if we remake our lists, i'll take them, and average them(not just the numbers people get, but with standard deviation. for instance, is someone said Vega was 1st, two people said Vega was 2nd, and one person said Vega was 8th, his number wouldn't be considered 13, because of it's deviation from the rest of people's answers. i'm a math guy, i know what's truely fair. and, i'll send in the statistical list to the rest of the members...and if someone doesn't think it's fair, still, they can say what they have to say, and hopefully we'll work out kinks if need be, and come out with the revised, perfected-but-temporary OK power ranking :)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
panelists have been selected. i changed it to 5 overall because i picked the best combination of any and all amount of people, in my opinion, for this task.

gravity- he's been underrated for a long time, so he knows about people's true skill over what the mainstream thought has been. he's very balanced in mindgames and tech skill, so he can see all of what makes a good smasher. funny, good guy, he'll have a lot of things to add others may not see

Po- i think this goes without saying, as the most experienced gamer, he knows EXACTLY what to look for. he's played pros i've only dreamed of getting pwned with! his opinions will be respected like none other, and he's got so much to measure skill against, but he'll do it perfectly responsibly, because he's po :)

KOS-MOS- who would know skill better than the pwnmaster himself? in choosing the "skilled" member of the power ranking panel, i didn't want too many people who might have the exact same original views (gravity knocks shade out, and po marks vegafuse out). KOS-MOS speaks only truth in his opinions, and has pwned us all to know how well each person fairs against him, and the other members of OK. more importantly, however, he can probably tell best how each player will fare against OOSers.

heath- yes, another OF member, but they DO account for a quarter of our smasher, and about a third of our advanced-ish smashers, so it's like parliament :p heath doesn't listen to people's judgement of themselves, he bases his opinion on their actual manor. without clouded judgement, he properly analyzes what a smasher does right or wrong, and why.

yes, i believe us five will clock out a good power ranking list to start with. hurrah.
AIM tomorrow night guys? write your lists by then. :)

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Aww shucks. I ain't all that special...

Seriously, I think that you've put together a good panel there(and not just because I'm on it).
I'll be available anytime after 9:30PM tomorrow. I hope that's not too late for you guys.
i've got some ideas for my list already, but some more work to do before its finalized. See you all tomorrow.

Gravity

Smash Ace
barring unexpected events, i should be on aim all night tomorrow...so yeah, any time is good for me.

now ill probably spend all night perfecting this list...but itll be worth it...

Heathq

Smash Apprentice
I'll try, and also I'm training 3-4 people at ECU on how to smash, I've nearly got the convinced to come to ohsnap 2. I showed them an l-cancel with link's sword plant today and they were completely amazed.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
thats pretty funny there
hopefully ull have them in better-than-me condition by the time OHSNAP 2 gets here
lol

Shade_

Smash Ace
Well, well, looks like you guys are finally getting somewhere, I wonder just what type of results you guys will have. Haha, somehow I have a feeling I know how the rankings will look like.

Gravity

Smash Ace
man, deciding this list is hard. BUT! with great power comes great responsiblity. And also great blame. and shame. whatever....i must not censor myself, the hard part is trying to determine how i really feel. still have 6 hours and 48 minutes to finalize this list though.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Do what you can, your a pannel now and can really do what ever you want if you can back it up with good reason. But knowing our state I don't thik anyone will be mad at the results not matter what they may be.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i keep remaking my list...soon it will be completed, though.

important news to panelists!

1) final drafts?
2) someone gave me the wonderful idea to cycle a new panelist every time we power rank. if someone, at that time, wants to volunteer themselves, we can do that. and if not, we shall draw names out of a hat (i am a permanent panelist, and i might choose someone else to be one, too, for when i resign my spot when i move out of the state). the only stipulation is that i may make a decision to cycle 2 people instead of 1, but it will never be more than that, and it will never be anything more than random.
this will see if people can stand the test of time from more than just the same people's perspectives :)

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
i keep remaking my list...soon it will be completed, though.

important news to panelists!

1) final drafts?
2) someone gave me the wonderful idea to cycle a new panelist every time we power rank. if someone, at that time, wants to volunteer themselves, we can do that. and if not, we shall draw names out of a hat (i am a permanent panelist, and i might choose someone else to be one, too, for when i resign my spot when i move out of the state). the only stipulation is that i may make a decision to cycle 2 people instead of 1, but it will never be more than that, and it will never be anything more than random.
this will see if people can stand the test of time from more than just the same people's perspectives :)
I see. Well, as much as the power rankings interest me, I forfeit my future validation as a panelist :ohwell:

Everything looks good so far Reno, hope to see the rankings soon!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
ha, pablo, when i cycle people in i'm of course not going to force people to do it. it is just including the other people who applied that are qualified but didn't make it to the first panel.

and, andy/chris, whenever you can, send me le lists so i can total up the scores and display the true power ranking of OK :)

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Goozey boy, keep in mind that MM we have, dont forget to add in that *** kickin ima give you to my rank.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
goosey boy!?!

maybe i'll have to start calling you rooster in poopster.
how's that feel? not very good, huh?

yeah, i am just recycling all the applicants from originally, zinth, don't worry :)

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oh, alright, I just wasn't sure if I had actually official been registered or not since I never applied in a straightforward manner, lol. But that's cool :)

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Alright Reno, Ill just call you that. THe last time we played Reno was that $1mm, you are gonna get completely destoryed, youve never played my Ice climbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom