• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Host 2: ....................canceled...................... .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGM

Smash Lord
At first, EVO pushed HOST2 off its tracks.......but that was OK. Things cant go smoothly 100% of the time right?

Well in the past 5 days, i have called GLADIATORS several times. each time i keep getting a never-ending cycle of "ring ring ring ring ring".........so i decided to just go up there and talk to them about the tournament and give up the down payment and stuff. The problem was, when i got there, the door was bar-ed up like it was closed. So i went to the window and looked in, no TVs,CPUs,Couch........there wasnt a single thing there. I went to thier website to msee if they just moved to a different location.............it seems they havnt updated the site since AUGUST. I talked to the stores surrounding GLADIATORS and they said they shut down cause they did not make money.

I have been searching for other locations to hold HOST2 but all the other LAN cafe or gaming centers have suffered GLADIATORS fate. i even looked for convention centers and rec-centers but they want 1000$-3000$ PER DAY.

So, untill i can find a place that can make up for Gladiators..........HOST is canceled. I am truly sorry to all the OOS and OOC players that had planned to go to this. Even to the smashers in Houston, i apologize. I did not know this would happen.

PS: please do not close this thread until at least a week has gone by. i dont want it closed immediatly and then have players still show up to an empty building.

HOUSTON's OFFICIAL SMASH TOURNAMENT 2!!!

Yea thats right! HOST2! With HOST 1 bringing in over 1300$ in pot money,HOST 2 should be even bigger due to more OOS players. If you do decide to show up you will be able to battle Tx BEST players: Caveman,Wes,Rob$,Xelic,Zulu and more. So get the **** out here.

Oh and if you were wondering how good i am....here is just a taste!: http://youtube.com/watch?v=EzZvR6CouV4

Date: March 17th-18th(1vs1 will be on 17th and 2vs2 will be on 18th)

The place of venue is: GLADIATORS (HOST was held here)

Located at: 4971 Sweetwater Blvd.......Sugarland,Tx 77479

What they have: 5 Big Screen HDTVs(PLEASE bring GCN's SSBM's and TV's)

Thier Website: http://www.gladiatorsgaming.com/index.html

HELP!!! How the **** do i get there?: http://maps.yahoo.com/ or http://www.mapquest.com/

Questions? Call me, 409-692-0697.Ask for TGM or Allan or Xyro.

Saturday tourney starts at 1,be there by 12 for practice and registration.
Sundays tourney starts at 2,be there by 1 for registration and practice.I will only wait an extra 30 minutes after the deadline for any extra players that wanna register.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

IF YOU NEED HOUSING......SAY IT NOW!! IF ANYONE CAN HOUSE SOME PLAYERS,STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND POST NOW!!!PLEASE! WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET!!!! THE EARLIER THIS IS DONE THE EASIER IT WILL BE!!!!!

HOTELS/MOTELS: http://reservations.hotel-guides.us/...&search=Search

If any group is not able to get housing, please show up to a hotel or motel with another group of smashers. Yall can all pitch in 5$ or 10$ and stay the night much cheaper than if you were by your self. After all, your only sleeping there.

Also,Out Of State and Out Of City smashers have priority in the housing department.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

Alright,lets talk money!!!There will be NO refunds!!!!

Entry fee=10$(must be paid on 1st day of tourney or if you missed 1st day it will be paid on 2nd day)
1vs1=20$(this will take place on the 1st day of tourney)
2vs2=10$ per teamate(this will take place on the 2nd day of tourney)

1vs1 prize money

1st=70%
2nd=20%
3rd=10%

2vs2 prize money

1st=70%
2nd=20%
3rd=10%

THE RULES FOR 1vs1 AND 2vs2

1. The higher seed has first choice for their seat(s) and controller port(s). The higher seeded team has first choice for their team color. Teams must sit together on one side or the other. If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in the Championship Bracket, the winner of the 1st series will have seat and controller choice.

2. The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player/team may call for a reset. Each player/team can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can’t be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick.

3. Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

4. Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, DK64

5. Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

6. Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2 and Onett

7. Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City and Onett

8. Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle and Onett.

9. No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series. The random select stages are the only stages that may be used more than once in a best of 11 series.

10. After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won’t be used during the series.
Random select stages can’t be knocked out. The lower seeded player/team must make their knockout selection first. Once the first game has started, stages can’t be knocked out.

11. After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

12. For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

13. During Championship Bracket competitions, players may ask for a double-blind pick during games four and five of a series. Players must call for the pick after the loser of the previous game has chosen the next game’s stage.

14. If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in the Championship Bracket, their series will expand to a best of 11, include the previous series, and pick up where that series left off. For example, if Player A beat Player B 3 games to 0 in the Winners Bracket, the Best of 11 will resume with Game 4 and Player leading 3 games to 0. The loser of the 1st series will choose the stage for the 1st game of the 2nd series and players may call for a double-blind pick before any game throughout the best of 11.

15. If the players/teams meeting in the Championship Match have not yet faced each other in a series and the team coming from the Losers Bracket wins first series, another series must be played to break the tie since both players/teams would only have one series loss.

16. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.

17. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.

18. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.

19. Players/teams may designate a coach when they register for a competition, however, this coach may not be registered as a player for either a Singles or Doubles competition. Coaches may not instruct players during games, but may consult with players for a maximum of 1 minute between games. Once the stage for the next game has been selected, players may not talk to their coach.

20. For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON

21. For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed

22.Any stage can be played on if both players agree.

Pools is how we will do 1vs1!Teams will just be double elimination!!!!!!
Pool round: 8 pools with 8 players each. Top 4 players per pool advance to a 32-man double elimination bracket. Questions or confusion? POST NOW!!!

Things you didnt know about HOST 1:

A player named Migel tried to open a brand new controler at HOST and sliced his wrist open. He was sent to the hospital.

Chu Dat was going to come due to the massive possible pot money. But he only saw this thread at the LAST minute,ADVERTISE this tourney so we can get awesome OOS players.

Many things were taken from GLADIATORS and other players because no one knew what items were and were not thiers. so put tape on your items with names.

Did you know that 73 people showed 65 played at HOST? The pot was over 1300$!

People that claim they will attend......

1.The Great Marth
2.G@be
3.Sethlon
4.BEAR
5.SideEffect
6.Mog
7.Kyo
8.Nema
9.ForkGirl
10.Rocket Trainer
11.MudKip
12.DoH
13.Royal
14.Gea
15.Brandon
16.Mouff
17.Riot
18.DCX
19.Lab Rat
20.Duke
21.ICUP
22.Nova
23.Apocalypse
24.Magik
25.Kei$
26.Kamikaze
27.Pyro
28.Ryu
29.Mr.C
30.Some1
31.Pneuma
32.Dagame
33.Pimpuiuiiji
34.Uglywombat
35.AustinRC
36.Xzalla
37.Tsetse
38.Gobz
39.Fro
40.Majora
41.Noe
42.Dylon
43.Defsithe
44.Blind
45.Rob$
46.CaveMan
47.Xelix
48.Leprechaun
49.Hylian
50.PopeThatPwns
51.Jeremy Feifer
52.Oncearunner
53.Jake13
54.JesusFreak
55.Jmbo
56.Oblivion
57.Wilhelmsan
58.Ophelius
59.Smiles
60.XLR8
61.Mr.3000
62.T-Rex
63.Rambler
64.Swift
65.Fear
66.Ricey
67.Phanna
68.DaShizWiz
69.RockCrock
70.Rohins
71.Duckles
72.X2X
73.IHaveSpaceBalls
74.Seph
75.MyZ
76.Chad

PLEASE BRING TVs and GCNs/SSBM!!!!

liius

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, this sounds like fun, attending wouldnt be too bad, and I'll check housing when it gets closer to the tourney date.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If you guys do a GG tourney, then you'll have to manage it yourselves. Most of the attention should be put on the SSBM main tournament, so we can finish early and have more time afterwards for extra friendlies. You can do whatever you want after the main event. :)

G@BE

Smash Lord
Allan says he will be getting this thread on the Tournament Discussion part of the boards.

TGM

Smash Lord
OK GUYS!!!!!!!! THIS THREAD HAS BEEN POSTED IN THE TOURNEY DISCUSSION BOARD!

i would like that thread to be a little more mature than the last one.

only post in the other thread to do one of these 5 things:

1. to MM some one
2. to tell everyone u can house(tell how many people u can hold)
3. to give directions or confirm that u will meet up with some one.
4. to tell ME that u are coming so i can add to the list.
5. ...........................yall get the point.

ALSO! i need the "valley" and anyone else that is attending to go check and see if your on the sign up list. if u are not, please go post in in the tourney thread....oks?

forkgirl

Smash Lord
see right there, you would have been banned...again! oh yea, my real reason for posting was to ask why you're banned??? what did you do?

TGM

Smash Lord
i posted my sig in the pool room when i wasnt supposed too. plus, i wa sbanned the 1st time because i told cashed that i hope a semi truck would hit him.

just dumb stuff.

TGM

Smash Lord
cashe dis a mod, he does what he wants. i think its because he doesnt have a combo named after him.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Damn it. Why is it on a Saturday =(

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I am coming >_>. And you still haven't put me on the list.

I need housing.

I need MM's.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hylian! $1MM! Random characters, random neutral stages only! Best of 3!

There you go. :)

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Hylian! 5$ MM! My marth vs your whatever.

And you could probly stay at my place again, if you want.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Side Effect - MM?
Hylian - Peach v Fox and Peach v Marth?
Sethlon - MM? Peach v Marth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom