• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
The System - The NC power ranking thread is created not to envoke rivalries and bitter personal attacks. The purpose of the power ranking thread and the goal of the voting members is to provide the players of the region and anyone interested in such a means to generally compare the skill of players. It is not meant to say that person 4 beats person 6 every time, yet to simply state that on a consistent basis, these players outrank others in tournaments or by money matches, rivalry matches, or challenges. A "challenge" match can basically be thought of as a "serious friendly" or "$0 money match". This is played, preferably with a panelist as witness, by standard tournament rules and regulations. Winning a challenge match, or and other afore mentioned matches, does not guarantee that the victor will gain rank. These matches are used as data during the discussion for the build of the new ranks.

The Panel - The panel is currently comprised of 6 members to represent the three major areas of smash in NC. Ali and Knorr will represent Central NC. Pacstrife and Lozr will represent East NC. Twig and I will represent West NC. This is not to say, that the ranking is done on a regional basis, and that each of us gives votes as such. The process simply makes it more reasonable to keep up with how players are doing in individual matches between each other, outside of the major tournament scene.

How decisions are made - During a meeting with the panelists, each person will draw up a list of people from 1 - 20, with each person getting points based on their rank (20 for 1st, 19 for 2nd, 18 for 3rd... 2 for 19th, 1 for 20th). Any ties will be discussed among all the panelists to see where rank is set (and possibly even still tied). As mentioned earlier, if an individual falls out of the tournament scene, or consistantly is not performing up to previous attempts, the individual is likely to fall (and vise versa for rise) in ranks.

As discussion has proved, there is no flawless way to create a perfect ranking system, but I feel this is the best way to get the best of both worlds. Each panelist gets their chance to cast their views in their own ballot system, and also discuss if he (or I guess maybe she) has anything to add that other panelists may or may not know about.

Thanks to PrinceZane for the system and GAWes for the intro.

The List
1. LoZr. - The_legend_of_zelda_rules - Fox
2. Ali - Ivejihadit - CF
3. Munkey - MunkeyX2g - Peach
4. Adams - Insomnia/Z? - Sheik
5. Twig - Twigger - WHOEVER THE **** HE WANTS
6. Pac - PacStrife - CF
7. T.C. - T.C. - CF/Marth/Fox
8. Jeremy - 59js - Ganon
9. David - THO - Peach
10. Richard - Peach
11. Luther - 2_percent - Bowser
12. Chris - Knorr - DonkeyKong
13. Peter - El cancel - Samus/Marth
14. Karn - lord karn = Marth
15. Matt - Malk - Jigglypuff

Next update ?/?/??

Twiggy

Smash Lord
Nice stuff. I don't have any disagreements with this... for now. I have a HUGE feeling Ali will be skyrocketing up the list though. Seriously. His Ness is Optimus Prime in Beast Mode.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Yeah i guess TLOZ wanted off he told me so it looks good, also i think Bman(bubbleman) aka matt waters may be able to make this soon enough if he comes with us to some of the west tourneys. Thx munk for getting this thread up now all we need is a date set for munkaid PLZ this will effect these rankings big. Peace

L0zR=)

PacStrife

Smash Ace
There are alot of good people that did not make this list. Please do not post Johns, get to tourneys it's the only way!!!!!!! There is a central tourney on the 18th and also Munkaid 4 coming up sometime in december. If you aren't happy with your spot or aren't up there and think you should be, come to these tourneys and "show us your moves!"

Blackdolphinowns

Smash Apprentice
There are alot of good people that did not make this list. Please do not post Johns, get to tourneys it's the only way!!!!!!! There is a central tourney on the 18th and also Munkaid 4 coming up sometime in december. If you aren't happy with your spot or aren't up there and think you should be, come to these tourneys and "show us your moves!"
Pac...are you referring to me with the "Johns"?

Malk

Smash Champion
It makes me slightly sad that I'm 14th, but frankly, I'm ****, so I'll take it and smile.

:)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I was expecting this topic to asplode in disagreements. I like to hear that everyone is in agreement. Good going. And as much as I want to go next week, I gots work. But when the date for Munk-aid is announced, I want it to be more than two weeks prior so I can request THAT time off. ~_~ I want to get into this tourney scene.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
dolphin, no I wasn't refering to you. I was just trying to pervent anyone from coming into the topic and saying something like "I'm best in NC i just can't drive" or something along those lines. I know some people will have legitimate reasons for not being able to come to tourneys. Afterall life is still greater than smash. I do hope that you do come to some tourneys that I am at though. I think top three might be hard to get but idk.

Twiggy

Smash Lord
dolphin, no I wasn't refering to you. I was just trying to pervent anyone from coming into the topic and saying something like "I'm best in NC i just can't drive" or something along those lines. I know some people will have legitimate reasons for not being able to come to tourneys. Afterall life is still greater than smash. I do hope that you do come to some tourneys that I am at though. I think top three might be hard to get but idk.
lolz OBVIOUSLY YOU DUNNO THE DOLPH
:lick:

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
haha gl with that my friend ill be waiting for you. Cant wait to play you again ali. Also im ready to play Dr. Neo some more and falter, they need to get back into the tourney scene. I must talk with them about that NOW!!!. Oh yea and the dolph has some skillz now ill give him that fa sho. And dolla, i see him doing good at munkaid 4 but we will see.

Also go check the munkaid 4 thread Crew ygo has made a challenge to taco bell ocho Peace

l0Zr=)

$sD

Smash Ace
this thing sucks
bad

and there are no point to power rankings

$sD

Smash Ace
on topic

i almost guarentee i should be near the top of this list.

but i dont play that much anymore so i will overlook this for the moment.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
karn man its all based on recent tourneys and how well ppl have placed in them. Friendlies dont count but other matches including Moneymatches etc does contribute to this ranking. So the better you place in tourneys, you will make the list

Malk

Smash Champion
Ha, him and Cripple were just wondering how a ness main with an nazi name got in so high

The_Brownguy

Smash Ace
How does ivejihadit come close to looking like its German? if you are serious you should go shoot yourself for being retarted.

But i was thinking today, Power ranking s should go by individual sets won, say lozr wins an entire tournament and he gets 6 wins and only loses 1 set in the finals, then loser would get 6 points toward his power ranking. and losses would be kept up with in case of a tie.

and tournaments of only 10 or more people total would be the only thing that would affect power rankings, this is just my idea feel free to pick it apart so that we can make it where everyone thinks its fair.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Will have to see what munk wants to do cause he is like thj main in charge of it all i guess??! Peace

l0Zr=)

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
i posted that under ali's name.. sorry... the ******* remarks should have been directed towards me

Malk

Smash Champion
I think the midwest does a system like that Brown, a circuit

I like the idea...but it doesn't take into account who you beat... I could host random scrub tourneys and have 9 school friends come lose to me every weekend...

If we want to do a circuit point system we should have one tourney in NC be the "official tourney" each weekend, rotating the location around the state. Then if you want to be on power rankings, go to the official tourneys.

There's one big problem there though.... what if you can't go to tourneys often? 'cause of work? No one denies that Adam is ranked higher than say Pac! right now, but what if Pac! goes to every tourney and Adam can't get to 3 in a row... suddenly Pac! is way higher than Adam. I dunno how to get around that.

Twiggy

Smash Lord
That method of the points for sets won't exactly work. If it were that way, I could go to all gamestop tournaments or just win all kinds of newb tournaments and still be considered the best.

A good unbaised panel is the best way to rank.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Sorry I was late with this Munkey, I went off to visit my girlfriend for the weekend :-P. Anyways, I APPROVE of this power rankings thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom