• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

almost the 5th East Coast Canada Power Rankings -- updated around april

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
EAST COAST CANADA POWER RANKINGS
4th edition - December 1st 2007
*good job if you didn't have a seizure reading this, you are top tier*

PANELISTS
Montreal Area - chesterr01, pkmvodka, Vwins
Ottawa Area - Dice, Fogel
Greater Toronto Area - DeLoRtEd1, Lanowen​

At the request of the Montreal community, a Power Ranking for East Canada was (too) heavily discussed over the past weeks.
The list was created in order to rank with somewhat accuracy the top smashers of East Canada, and to stimulate the community to improve the overall skill level.
Hopefully, this will help motivate other smashers to gun for a place on the ECCPR.
If you have any questions concerning the rankings, please PM any one of us (read: ask Vwins). Unfortunately, these are official, so don't make us go O-Ren Ishii on your butts.

POSITION CRITERIA (loosely edited from the SoCal PR)

• Tournament performance - Rankings take into consideration a person's collective Singles, Doubles and Crew performances in recent tournaments.
    In some particular cases, it's not about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated and who they lost to.
    The brackets are also taken in consideration, since we have a history of really messed up brackets up in here.
  • Consistency of results - Self explanatory, but nonetheless I'll explain. If a person has done well or poorly in a singular tournament, it is not enough to warrant a major shift in their respective rank. On the other hand, a person who has continually produced similar results over many tournaments will be assessed accordingly.
  • Competitiveness of tournaments participated in - No point winning a tournament filled with 100 scrubs - Tournaments which have highly ranked or respected participants (from either Local or Out-of-State regions) will be given a much greater weight.
  • Must be a current resident of Eastern Canada - Boundaries are the Manitoba/Ontario frontier to the West, the Arctic ocean in the North, the Atlantic Ocean in the East, and the Canada/USA frontier to the south. This is expecting a visit from those Iqualuit Fox players that ThatGuy has been talking to us about.
  • And last, but not least, something that might be overlooked by some people - if you are ranked on the PR, and you don't show up to tournaments, expect other people to rise up and take your spot. Step up, do your best, may you be 1st or 15th. A lot of people were considered for the later spots, so for the next tournaments, be there and get your game on.

EAST COAST CANADA POWER RANKINGS
arrows stolen from the NorCal PR :p

I'll edit font later. maybe never.

this is the current temporary pr. discussion was never completed, and it was molded after the last qc tournament iirc. it was supposed to be cut at 10.
if the community gets active, it'll get updated.

1- Vwins - Various
2- Bam - Fox/Falco
3- pkmvodka - Various
4- chesterr01 - Fox
5- Kage - Ganondorf
6- Raynex - Fox
7- Kirbykaze - Sheik
8- Matt - Falcon
9- Unknown522 Fox/D.Mario
10- I.B - Marth/Falcon
11- Tect - Fox

December 1st 2007
  1. - Vwins - Various - Sainte-Thérèse, QC
  2. - Bam - Falco/Fox - Blainville, QC
  3. pkmvodka - Various - St-Jérôme, QC
  4. chesterr01 - Fox - Montréal, QC
  5. Kage - Ganondorf - Montréal, QC
  6. N Raynex - Fox - Toronto, ON
  7. Testrider - Sheik - Montréal, QC
  8. Ganonpwn! - Sheik/Captain Falcon - Ottawa, ON
  9. - Matt - Captain Falcon - Montréal, QC
  10. N Delorted - Peach - Toronto, ON
  11. Locke) - Marth - Kanata, ON
  12. Damax - Marth/Captain Falcon - Ste-Thérèse, QC
  13. Tect- Fox - Ottawa, ON
  14. Bread-Butterer - Falco - Toronto, ON
  15. N Warranthad - Peach - Montréal, QC

3rd ECCPR - September 1st 2007

1. Vwins - Various - Sainte-Thérèse, QC
2. Bam - Falco/Fox - Blainville, QC
3. chesterr01 - Fox - Montréal, QC
4. pkmvodka - Various - Saint-Jérôme, QC
5. Locke) - Marth - Kanata, ON
6. TestRider - Sheik - Montréal, QC
7. GanonPWN! - Various - Ottawa, ON
8. Tect - Fox - Ottawa, ON
9. Matt - Captain Falcon - Montréal, QC
10. Damax - Marth - Sainte-Thérèse, QC
11. Jarc - Jigglypuff - Vaudreuil, QC
12. Kage - Ganondorf - Montréal, QC
13. Rimi - Peach - Kanata, ON
14. Dice - Captain Falcon - Kanata, ON
15. Bread-Butterer - Falco - Toronto, ON

2nd ECCPR - March 1st 2006

1. Vwins - Fox/Marth - Sainte-Thérèse, QC
2. Bam - Falco - Blainville, QC
5. Locke) - Marth - Kanata, ON
6. TestRider - Sheik/Ganondorf - Montréal, QC
7. Rimi - Peach - Kanata, ON
8. GanonPWN! - Various - Ottawa, ON
9. Dice - Captain Falcon - Kanata, ON
10. Jih - Falco/Ganondorf - Sainte-Thérèse, QC
11. N Jarc - Jigglypuff - Vaudreuil, QC
12. Bread-Butterer - Falco - Toronto, ON
13. N Matt - Captain Falcon - Montréal, QC
14. DeLoRtEd1 - Peach - Toronto, ON
15. Tect - Fox - Ottawa, ON

1st ECCPR - December 1st 2006

1. Bam - Falco - Blainville, QC
2. Vwins - Fox/Marth/Luigi - Sainte-Thérèse, QC
5. TestRider - Sheik/Ganondorf - Montréal, QC
6. Kingsley - Sheik/Marth - Toronto, ON
7. Rimi - Peach - Kanata, ON
8. Locke - Marth - Kanata, ON
9. GanonPWN! - Captain Falcon - Ottawa, ON
10. Jih - Falco/Ganondorf - Sainte-Thérèse, QC
11. Dice - Captain Falcon - Kanata, ON
12. DeLoRtEd1 - Peach - Toronto, ON
13. Bread-Butterer - Falco - Toronto, ON
14. Pow - Link/Samus - Sainte-Thérèse, QC
15. Tect - Fox - Ottawa, ON

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Nice list guys :)

I am slightly confused as to how chet is third and not second above Vwins, is it because Vwins is the only guy who has been able to beat Bam in the past 2 tournies?

EDIT: Added to siggy :)

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Woot I suck

PKMvodka don't play anymore he left...
Kingsley left too

hey let's put in meta knight too then.
But how does that make sense? I mean, i think Pheonix can vouch for Kingsley since he lives with him, but I think PKM himself should take the time to say he doesn't want to be on, not let someone else say it for him. Plus, he might not want to be taken off?

You can't speak for other people Damax, let alone people a province away =/

Damax

Smash Lord
Can't you see I'm over arguing?

I'm not so far from pkm. He's not the talkative type and prolly won't come on smashboard for fun like wak did.

I still think its unrepresentative. Jih 5 place higher than me? right I suck just that much.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Damax, PKM posts plenty and I'm sure he'll kindly ask himself to be removed. Unless he has actually asked you to let us know. Don't assume stuff.

I personally wouldn't say PKM quit, but I'm not speaking for him either, so we'll let him answer that. As for Kingsley, I don't know, it sounds like he's not so much into smash anymore. =/

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still think its unrepresentative. Jih 5 place higher than me? right I suck just that much.
Instead of just posting your opinion and flame, why don't you argue on why you should be higher?

Also, I might close this thread so people won't be able to flame. It will depends on how you guys react to other people's opinion.

Vwins

Smash Ace
ok so I will try to answer some of your questions guys.

1- When we created the PR, we didnt know that Pkmvodka and Kingsley left smash but honestly they prove in the past that they were in the top EC players. So I think they deserve their spot on the First EC Canada PR. We will make a new PR after the next major EC Canada tournement and If they don't come back in this tournement we will remove them from the next PR.

2- Pow I'm sure you can beat some of the players above you but your tournement results can't place you higher than your present rank.

3- I beat bam and chester in the last 2 tournements. That's one of the reason why I am 2nd on the PR.

4- Phen I hope it was a joke ;)

Card

Smash Lord
Good work on the PR panelists. I for one appreciate all the time you guys took to discuss and debate over this. I also like all the pretty colors, centering, and different font sizes chet ;P

Just a quick question though... I noticed Chet posted the link to the PR Thread inside of the MTL Bi-Weekly Thread... Do the Bi-Weeklies have any effect on the PR rankings? Is it possible for people to Rise/Fall depending on performance at Bi-Weeklies? What about for Tournaments held AT the Bi-Weeklies? or was it posted there just for advertisement?

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
thanks for the comment about the fonts.

bi-weeklies won't have an effect on the PRs. First, Gamer's world tournaments will probably be capped, so not every one will be able to participate. Second, it's mostly a place for friendlies and training and stuff. I don't take the GW nights very seriously, since a lot of people can't attend them. I just think that the people attending the bi-weeklies should try to improve at those biweeklies so that they do well in real tournaments.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
Cue johns from Bread :p
Indeed.

I was talking to Jake and a few others about this. I'm a little upset that Jake's been placed ahead of me. I feel like this decision has been made based on one tournament (Nov. 25th), one which I consider to be my worst tournament in recent months. I lost some matches I shouldn't have, and I all in all didn't play very well for that entire day and the night before when I played vwins (I was really tired, call it a john if you will). You'll probably notice I've consistantly placed higher than Jake in most.. if not all our tournaments prior to this one, including montreal/ToS1, and have typically just played better against the elites than him. If you guys feel like I left a bad impression after the last NNR tourny, I would have appreciated it if you told me so I could have faced you guys for evaluation and tried my hardest.

I know it seems like I'm making a big deal over nothing, but I heard I was 3 spots higher on the PR before our most recent tourny. I played like crap.. I still pulled out a decent rank though. I think if all my previous tournies and play experience were taken into account you'd see that I just had a bad day, it happens to everyone. I'm hoping someone will back me up on this. I feel like I've worked harder and played better than Jake only to end up a spot behind him, kinda frustrating, especially when he gets cocky about it.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well from what we heard (the panelists) before the tourney, Delorted had improved (Which was noted when we played him), and we heard that he beats you more than often.

I personally didn't have much to do at the last NNR tournament except playing random people and getting dry humped by Marco, so I had time to walk around and watch the people on the PR play.

I think Del deserves his spot on the PR for now. The list is very flexible so changes may come with another tournament. From what I've seen personally, I wasn't very impressed by your performance (after seeing you almost lose to some Falco player in Mute City in losers brackets, and your performance in teams).

Del did very well against Bam, at his place and in tournament. I was impressed by you when you guys released vids from one tournament (you against Sprocket's marth or something), but since then... emptyness. You also didn't help team Canada at T7. So with T7 and this last tourney, from what "I" have seen, you shouldn't be any higher on that list... for now.

(Wow I post like I know a lot of ****, I should be a smash elitist or some ****..)

EDIT: I forgot to say, don't take away the street cred that Del got from this week-end. And from what I've seen, I know one smasher absent from the PR that seems to be a bit better than you, so you should just concentrate on keeping your spot on the PR, and getting better for next tourney. Basically, get your game on.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
Well from what we heard (the panelist), Jake had improved (Which was noted when we played him), and we heard that he beats you more than often.

I personally didn't have much to do at the last NNR tournament except playing random people and getting dry humped by Marco, so I had time to walk around and watch the panelists play.

I think Jake deserves his spot on the PR for now. The list is very flexible so changes may come with another tournament. From what I've seen personally, I wasn't very impressed by your performance (after seeing you almost lose to some Falco player in Mute City in losers brackets, and your performance in teams).

Jake did very well against Bam, at his place and in tournament. I was impressed by you when you guys released vids from one tournament (you against Sprocket's marth or something), but since then... emptyness. You also didn't help team Canada at T7. So with T7 and this last tourney, from what "I" have seen, you shouldn't be any higher on that list... for now.

(Wow I post like I know a lot of ****, I should be a smash elitist or some ****..)

EDIT: I forgot to say, don't take away the street cred that jake got from this week-end. And from what I've seen, I know one smasher absent from the PR that seems to be a bit better than you, so you should just concentrate on keeping your spot on the PR, and getting better for next tourney. Basically, get your game on.

First of all, who told you Jake beats me more often than not? LOL. Total BS. It's 50/50 if I'm giving him the benifit of the doubt. If Jake said that he's talking out of his ***.

Anyway, I know you guys are in a tight spot and I respect your position. You only see us every once in a while so you don't know how good we really are.. if you saw the way I played 2 days after the tourny you would know what I meant when I said I had a bad day. Thus the close match on mute city.

Anyway.. I've realized that you're not gonna change anything so there's no use arguing any further. I'll just have to prove myself (again).

D

Deleted member

I'm only gonna say this, I did act a little cocky towards Noah, sure, but so did Noah when he "literally walked into third place" - Bread @ STYD Shoutouts XDDDD - Paraphrasing ftw? Anyway.

Funny stuff.

Damax

Smash Lord
So basically, every tournament I met a dead end means I'm bad. Wow nice cause I remember always running into pkm or chest within 2 matches. and being kicked out by bam right after. by loosing always to the same people got me that low? I really suck after all, want a freebee?

Dice

Smash Lord
Instead of complaining where you are on the PR and all the crap, just stay quiet, take note of where you are and who is above you. Then when next tournament comes around, prove that you deserve to be higher. If you happen to do very well at the next major EC Canada tournament then you will move up. This PR is based off such a small amount of tournament (3, maybe 4 maximum) that one high placing in one tournament will affect your position quite a bit. So be quiet, practise hard and own the people higher than you on the list.

*This was not directed at anyone, moreso to everyone in general*

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Bread, you did well in Montreal because your bracket to third place was pretty easy >.> you DID have to fight Pow, and you did beat him, and you are higher than him. O.o

EDIT: Also, chet had mentioned Bread having an unimpressive teams run. So obviously, teams comes into play in the PR as well? In that case, I believe chet and Testrider beat Bam and Vwins twice at ToS2, no? Testrider also knocked out Vwins, but he's lower on the list than chet. Chet has also placed 2nd or first at every other tourney I can remember BEFORE ToS2. So this is based on the past couple of tournies? Because Chet made references to T7.

EDIT: Do OOS tournies have any affect on this? FC6 and OC2?

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I think Damax and Bread-Butterer should bicker less.

Theres nothing wrong with having a spot you think you don't deserve, you just need to step it up next tournament.

Damax

Smash Lord
Thatguy: Recent tournaments like the toronto one is more representative of the actuality for the PR. Beside chet knows Testrider and Vwins better than you and since he's a power ranking panelist... I'll have to trust him about that. Beside VWINS is and extremly good team partner for I'd never have won so many Ness(me)/Luigi(Vwins) Vs Sheik(Bam)/Sheik(Pkm) in my life. (note that bam was sick)

Chet: how many mains do you write on the PR? Three maximum? four?

Alright, FalseFalco, I'll gun my way through. Come here pain au beurre!

Vwins

Smash Ace
ness/luigi for top tier in team :)

FC-6 and OC2 don't have any impacts on the PR because they are an american tournements. Its only the canadian tournements that can have an impact on a canadian PR.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
*asks kindly and firmly*

Take me off that list, I won't be playing in tournaments anymore. Good luck to everyone seeing motivation with such list. Train hard and represent well in any future big tournament involving west coast's or US's players!

Damax

Smash Lord
Farewell my friend, may luck be with you in whatever else you decided to do. Going back to school?!?

LoL at LuigiNess. I don't know why we keep saying it in the wrong order. LuigiNess sounds much better. But yup Top tier

Top Bottom