• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mid-South Power Rankings (AL, AR, MS, TN) - Updated: 6/20

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
The System - The Mid-South power ranking thread is created not to envoke rivalries and bitter personal attacks. The purpose of the power ranking thread and the goal of the voting members is to provide the players of the region and anyone interested in such a means to generally compare the skill of players. It is not meant to say that person 4 beats person 6 every time, yet to simply state that on a consistent basis, these players outrank others in tournaments or by money matches, rivalry matches, or challenges. A "challenge" match can basically be thought of as a "serious friendly" or "$0 money match". This is played, preferably with a panelist as witness, by standard tournament rules and regulations. Winning a challenge match, or and other afore mentioned matches, does not guarantee that the victor will gain rank. These matches are used as data during the discussion for the build of the new ranks.

The Panel - The panel is currently comprised of 2 members in the 4 states that are involved in this thread. Chamberlin and myself will represent Arkansas, MookieRah and Chad will represent Mississippi, Nite and Lance will be in charge of Tennessee, and Thief and Moogle are handling Alabama. This is not to say, that the ranking is done on a regional basis, and that each of us gives votes as such. The process simply makes it more reasonable to keep up with how players are doing in individual matches between each other, outside of the major tournament scene.

(Update 5/27: Ihavespaceballs is now an official panelist. Yay!)
(Update 6/10: ...so is KOKingPin)

The List- the list is a current and starting point for the power rankings thread. Because this is the first time (and we may keep this even later) we have decided that a "potentials" list is also neccessary. This isn't to say these are the only good people in the region, but that the people in the "potentials" category are very close to making it to the actual top 20 list. Meaning that they may be reconsidered when the next ranking update comes to pass. This means, that in the time between each convention, if this person beats others on the list, or others simply fall out of tournament placement, it is likely they will be moved up. The potentials list is currently in alphabetical order, as to not hold bias from one region or group of friends to another.

How decisions are made - During a meeting with the panelists, each person will draw up a list of people from 1 - 20, with each person getting points based on their rank (20 for 1st, 19 for 2nd, 18 for 3rd... 2 for 19th, 1 for 20th). Any ties will be discussed among all the panelists to see where rank is set (and possibly even still tied). As mentioned earlier, if an individual falls out of the tournament scene, or consistantly is not performing up to previous attempts, the individual is likely to fall (and vise versa for rise) in ranks.

As discussion has proved, there is no flawless way to create a perfect ranking system, but I feel this is the best way to get the best of both worlds. Each panelist gets their chance to cast their views in their own ballot system, and also discuss if he (or I guess maybe she) has anything to add that other panelists may or may not know about.

(Thanks to GAWes for introduction help)

I'll get a better format when I'm not so sleepy, but for now:
Default color = stayed same
Cyan = went up
Red = went down
Orange = Not on last rank list

Mid-South Power Rankings, as of 6/20:

1. Chad - MS
2. Iori - TN
3. Moogle - AL
4. Lance87 - TN
5. Ihavespaceballs - TN
6. Fizz - AR
7. Kyo - TN
8. TheReflexWonder - AL
9. Chamberlin - AR
10. JMoan - TN
11. Thief - AL
12. Myztek - MS
13. SaberGuy -AR
14. KOKingPin - TN
15. PrinceZane - AR
16. SmashterLink - TN
17. Mslano - AL
18. Keta - TN
19. Sensai - AL
20. Zero - TN

Potentials:

Ace
Ambix
Coach
Ragnarock
Shogun

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
3rd post. I feel no shame. Technically i could move the other posts down below mine if i wanted to be a punk though :-P.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Start going to tournies and I could see you pop on there coach...

Keta - from what I saw at your 1st tourney/INN IV - you definitely could make it if you keep improving as you were that night alone. I have faith :)

Nite

Smash Champion
If you stay consistent and start placing higher, you could definitely own a spot on the list somewhere. That's goes for everybody as well. It'll come with time though.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
small suggestion: after each name could you put their state in parenthesis? Perhaps even link the names if you're as anal as I am.

I know who many of the guys are, but not all. It'd help alot. ^_^

Handorin

Smash Hero
Beware my ultimate rustiness. I will make a come back sometime...

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Awesome stuff. I am pretty happy with my placing I guess. I did pretty well at the last biweekly, so I need to stay consistent. That goes for all the run7 members. We have to keep it up.^____^

superdeeber028

Smash Cadet
yea.. stupid CBU.... I'm gonna use my christmas break wisely and start playing more smash... only one more week then finals then It's 3 weeks of eat, sleep, and smash!!!!! I'll make it those rankings.. or at least the potentials..

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
sweet a potentials list i knew my tag would sneak in somehow. thank you guys for including me in at least that much.;)

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Horray for a Mario player getting on the Power Rankings. I think that makes two ever being on one. I'll have to start doing better though to keep my position. Good job everyone.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Who the heck is "TheReflexWonder"?
Some guy that has been out of commission in Smash for a little while, but has gained the ability to go to local tourneys recently. He mains Bowser, and although his name is not known very far, he is not taken lightly by anyone that has recently seen him play. Unfortunately, none of the judges have seen me play recently, so the reliability of my spot is questionable. I could rightfully be either higher up on the list, moved lower, or taken off entirely.

Congrats to everyone that made it, though; I'm not complaining. You'll all see the bottom tier power in future tournaments...

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Who is "TheReflexWonder" you say? He's only the most badass low tier player in the southeast, and decided to leave GA for the Mid South rankings instead. Reflex, as my good friend you have been for years now, I better see you rise fast dude. :)

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
I met reflex at INN IV and he was rockin quite hard. I don't think I've seen a bowser move like that evah!

The hardest part about this list, honestly, was sighing and having to bump some really good people off b/c of inactivity. :(

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
I met reflex at INN IV and he was rockin quite hard. I don't think I've seen a bowser move like that evah!

The hardest part about this list, honestly, was sighing and having to bump some really good people off b/c of inactivity. :(
Yea, I wanted to vote some dudes on that aren't active... Oh well

Congrats everyone that made the list, I hope to see all of you step it up for the next round of rankings :)

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
You guys are great, i guess being a low tier master has the highest potential rate and nite i know your first so that means like whoever is behind you can be made a slave, oh no you must be hitler

ps Hey dose any one else feel scared

Top Bottom