• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North TSA and CCX Present: SSB64 Tournament - Retribution - Jan 7, 2007

Sensei

Smash Lord

1220 Hamburg Turnpike
Wayne, NJ 07470
973-709-0075 (Ask for Chris/Angel)

Bus Information
:
You can take the bus from the Port Authority and head down to the Willowbrook Mall/Park. I can make personal trips to pick you guys up from there. The bus #s that take that route would be 193 194 and 197. I think 195 might be one of them also. If you're coming from somewhere else, just take that bus to the Willowbrook Mall/Park, but the Bus # might be different.

It would be helpful if you could all be at the Mall before 12:30 PM if you plan on taking the bus. I believe that the last train to leave the Port Authority and arrive at the mall before 12:30 PM would be 11:00 AM on bus 197 and it would arrive at the mall by 11:30 AM. If anybody is planning on taking the bus let me know in this thread so I can have an estimate on how many people will fit in my car and how many trips I need to make. If you need to contact me, call the store first and if you cant reach me there, call my Cell at 973-476-4217.

Entry Fee:
1v1 $15
2v2 $20 per team

Prizes: (40% of the prizes will go to the store, the rest given to the players in the following percentages)

Singles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

Doubles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

Date: Sunday Jan 7, 2007
Registration Begins at 11 AM
Tournament Starts: 12:30 PM!

Tournament Rules

•Double Elimination
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•5 stock, 10 min Time limit
•Team Attack ON
•No excessively STALLING a match! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stopped with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match.
•Ties broken by lives/percentage
•Items OFF

•Stages/Characters:
••Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Saffron City, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.
••If a player plays Ness, he may demand a repick if Saffron City is selected as a random stage, however if the opponent is the loser he has the right it counter-pick Saffron City.
••All other stages banned
••First round stage is random unless players can agree upon a stage
•Dave's Stupid Rule - No stage may be played twice within a set.
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go to random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind may be called in the first match

--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.
--You can buy a brand new first party controller here or you can try and find a new or used controller at your local game stores or Ebay.

*Both sets of rules are subject to change at ANYTIME

A message from Sensei:

Whats up everyone? We are having our fourth SSB64 tournament at CCX once again and this will be just as fun as the previous ones. We had out of staters and international players from the last tournament as well as the legendary player Isai! ChuDat and Mew2King also made a special apperance and put up a great fight! Hopefully we can get them all to come back and if Isai can not, then look at the positive side that it will be much easier to get first place LOL. Hope to see everyone there!

Also, please try to help us out and bring setups! N64, SSB64 cartridge, TV, VCR, extra controllers etc... This will help our tournament run a lot smoother. Thanks!

And if anyone noticed that there isn't a banner yet, it is because my computer still needs maintence so I can only do basic tasks. But there will be a cool banner soon, lol.

Sensei

Smash Lord
You don't have to know how to play this game if you know how to play melee.... >_>
It would great to see you there HBK, we need more TSA members to play SSB64 :)

Also, check out the new Banner on the first post :D

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
il come by afterwards when my church is done which is like 5 mins away to get my 64 since il be around anyway. maybe il participate if i get there early enough... actually im dead broke.

Sensei

Smash Lord
I've decided that it would be easier and faster if people that were considering taking the train, the should take the bus instead. You can take the bus from the Penn Station and head down to the Willowbrook Mall/Park. I can make personal trips to pick you guys up from there. The bus #s that take that route would be 193 194 and 197. I think 195 might be one of them also. If you're coming from somewhere else, just take that bus to the Willowbrook Mall/Park, but the Bus # might be different.

It would be helpful if you could all be at the Mall before 12:30 PM if you plan on taking the bus. I believe that the last train to leave the Penn Station and arrive at the mall before 12:30 PM would be 11:00 AM on bus 197 and it would arrive at the mall by 11:30 AM. If anybody is planning on taking the bus let me know in this thread so I can have an estimate on how many people will fit in my car and how many trips I need to make. If you need to contact me, call the store first and if you cant reach me there, call my Cell at 973-476-4217.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Sorry for the mix up folks, apparently you take the bus from Port Authority instead of the Penn Station to get to the Willowbrook Mall/Park, but obviously if you're not coming from New York, then you take the bus from someplace else.

Another announcement I would like to make is that I will NOT be recording any matches at this tournament. I will be too busy with school to do this. If anybody is willing to record and upload matches, feel free to do so.

Top Bottom