• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Hi There, and Welcome to Alberta!
Welcome to Alberta's competitive smash community, where we suck at all 3 smash games.

Find us on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/albertasmash/

New to competitive Smash?
If you're looking to get better at smash, whether it's 64, Melee or Brawl, you'll have a lot of chances to do so. You'll find a lot of fun and active competition and you're more than likely bound to make a lot of friends on the way.

Check out the various threads around smashboards to get acquainted to competitive smash. You'll be able to find a lot of guides and videos to help you get better. If you don't know where to start, feel free to post in this thread or PM me and you're bound to get some help.

Where are the main cities for Smash?
Our main competitive cities of Alberta are Edmonton, Red Deer, Calgary and Fort Saskatchewan. Lethbridge also has a community. Primarily, the brawl scene is within Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan and the surrounding area as well as Lethbridge. 64 is primarily in Fort Saskatchewan and Melee is common within all 4 communities. All in all, Edmonton has the largest and most active community for both Brawl and Melee.

Where can I find tournaments?
Stay active in this thread. Every so often people will announce and advertise their tournaments or smash get-togethers in this thread. Staying active will allow you to find out when and where the next event will be.

What is the age group of the Smashers in Alberta?
In general, the ages range from 17-21, since most of us are still in school (post-secondary). Of course there are exceptions for we have smashers as young as 12 and as old as 27. If you are uncomfortable with your age either because you feel too young or too old, there are other people of your age and everyone is too busy having fun to ever worry about age! =D

----

RIP Jarrett "Solaris" Bortscher

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
Argh! We're Western Canada! Western! Seriously, I don't want to Smash with guys from...Winnipeg. They're Central Canada. But Whatev's. Edmonton, right 'hurr.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Perhaps an Edmonton Bi-Weekly?
An Edmonton Bi-Weekly is too hard to arrange right now. We can't always rely on Carl, and we have no place to go. My place is another option, however we can't rely on that either.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
It's actually not that hard to arrange Bi-weeklies, guys. Find a good LAN or gaming shop and ask for their services. Edmonton's a big city ya know, and it'll help the community grow :)

Oh, and rule 26 should be excessive, not accessive :p

ajvanadri

Smash Cadet
Hmm the bi weekly thing sounds good, I know a card shop in St Albert that might let us set something up on tuesdays. Of course I have to talk to the owner and we would prlly have to bring our own tv's/cubes, but from what he tells me the place is pretty dead on tuesdays anyway.

But ya, come thursday I'll be able to let you know what he says about the mater.

EDIT:
Danmit forgot to talk to him about it last night, will talk to him on friday though

ultra_nYo

Smash Cadet
Now why wouldn't you want to play against people from winnipeg. I know the city is pretty ****ty but the players here are half decent. I'm not that great myself but we do have good players around.

ultra_nYo

Smash Cadet
Winnipeg is basically located in the center of Canada latitude wise so I don't know why. Regardless. There is a smash tourney coming up here December 30. If any of you guys happen to be in the city pm me and I'll let you know more about it.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Latitude doesn't really determine West or East :laugh:

You should advertise your tournament to some of the Toronto players, I'm sure they will make more of an effort to attend.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
SHOULD I BE POSTING HERE, BECUASE I DUNNO IF I SHOULD BE POSTING HERE. Also calling out to the red deer chumps who should go to edmonton the same time i do [SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIND A DATE ON THIS BECUASE IT'S BEEN DELAYED TOO MANY TIMES, AND JOEL FFS GET UNGROUNDED YOU CHUMP], for st albert + red deer + edmonton crew battles, like parka said in the 10 million damage thread for some reason. that is all for now

Stevo

Smash Champion
LAWLZ CLGARY IZ BETAR DEN EDMINTOWN

sorry I had to

greetings everyone. I am Steve, the Zelda player of LEGENDS (lol). I live in edmonton, but make trips to calgary on occasion, as that is where my family lives. I have a couple connections in red deer as well... so there is always a chance I can attend something in other cities of alberta!

um.... I went to OC2 and some bc tourney that SKYPAL went to during the summer and am currently looking to attend another one in BC (possibly). I've attended the last 2 tournaments that carl has hosted as well. I play just about any character, I tend to switch it up from time to time who I play. I probably do the best with fox, marth, sheik, however, you cant call me a tier *****, because I not only pla ZELDA.... I play zelda COMPETETIVELY. As is DURING TOURNAMENTS against GOOD players. hence my sig... looool

As for how good I am.... take something like carl and shawns skill... reduce the amount of experience, and add some Zelda spacing... thats pretty much me...lol... or something like that...

blah blah blah thats enough of that... look forward to beating...er... meeting you all...

FalseFalco

Smash Master
INTRODUCTION

Hi I'm Carl! I know just about every player in the Edmonton community and they all know me. I've attended 5 tournaments and hosted 2 as of Christmas day 2006. I play Falco, Falcon, Marth, Fox, Ganon, Doc in that order but I prefer Falcon and Marth to all characters.

I placed 2nd in teams at the October 2005 BC tournament with my fiancé Shawn <3 (SHWN on smashboards), 17th in singles at OC2 hosted in Orange county California, 3rd in singles at the May 2006 Edmonton tournament, 2nd at the October 2006 Red Deer tournament, 1st in doubles at the May 2006 Edmonton tournament, and 1st at the Animethon noobfest in August 2006.

I have a decent amount of smash experience and I play most regularly with FastFox, SHWN, and MikeMonkey.

Recently I got a job at Zellers and haven't played smash for a month and a half due to gay scheduling. Whenever that clears up I hope to travel back to BC in January or February 07 and back to Toronto in spring or early summer 2007.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
my lord intros? i'm sure anyone who actually cares who i am already knows me, if that. but i will say my name is levi and that i live in calgary but used to be st albert, so im st albert crew unless i get kicked out for never showing up ever. also 2v2 > 1v1 in almost every scenerio. kk thx bai

Nihility

Smash Journeyman
Levi and Parker = Team Win. NOT <_<
I'm Parker. I play Falco and Fox the most, with some dabbling in Marth and Shiek. Not a tier *****, just those chars are fun to play and..I like to win. I play gay. Very gay. At least thats what people say. That I play very gay. So I guess I play gay. For the win. Falco is too good.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Levi and Parker = Team Win.
we ***** AND we were team killing i'd say that's pretty awesome. =].
team wilson and levi is also team win btw
I play gay. Very gay.
quoted becuase that was pretty funny. SINGLE NEEDLE

ANYWAYS onto the point of this post. What is it that central canada's thread is for? Advertising tournaments, threads, and accouncements and stuff like that? like say: OMG THIS CITY VS THIS CITY IN 15 MINUTES? or what is it really? all i have to say is that ALL OF CENTRAL CANADA BETTER SHOW UP AT CARLS TOURNAMENT, EVEN ME

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
Im a canadian smasher, i've always figured myself to be quite the enterataing central canadian... I've mastered side dodge and shortop however am looking for a good opponent to practice L cancelling on -- tell me when your next tournament is. Who knows, maybe i'll show up and give my l button a whirl :)

Stevo

Smash Champion
Im a canadian smasher, i've always figured myself to be quite the enterataing central canadian... I've mastered side dodge and shortop however am looking for a good opponent to practice L cancelling on -- tell me when your next tournament is. Who knows, maybe i'll show up and give my l button a whirl :)
LOL :laugh:

mastered side dodge... that made me laugh

arent you from eastern canada?

well at least you play with the eastern canadians I know that much

ThatGuy

Smash Master
GanonPWN is a pimp player from Ottawa :)

The purpose of this thread is...to talk about random stuff related or unrelated to smash etc etc. Can you surpass the greatness of the Montreal Thread I wonder? It's 3 provinces against 1 city with a 2 year head start, who will win?

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
well i figured since most of my important organs such as taste/junk are near the centre of my symetrical body.. i'd be known as a central canadian...

Too many people takes things too deep and anaylze not where fraught don dancer be a prancing... Yes side dodge is a very intersting technique..

FalseFalco

Smash Master
ganonPWN gtfo with your fake mindgames when you suck and do not live in central Canada :laugh:

But on a serious note, smash at my place or Mike's place this friday. I'll get back to people by 7 tomorrow when I'm off work.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
ATTENTION ALL ST ALBERT'S AWESOME [and i guess red deer not so awesome]: im representing the crew all the way here from calgary, n_n if you guys don't care[?]. it's red deer vs st albert in calgary [the pro-impact bi-weeklies] and i don't expect any of you guys to show. just thought i'd make some sort of annoucnement. GG but if anyone does wanna join up it'll be on the 14th of january "OH SEVEN" [might be the 12th or 13th if the they show up in calgary early or something then of course it would take place at my own house]
Also MM'ing Victra for 5$ [set of 2/3]if i don't completely **** him during the crew battle, he was trash talking
and a C Falcon Ditto for 5$ [set of 2/3] with Sean
the matches will take place on a regular tv, [non widescreen] these rules are written in stone
either of you can back out of this deal if you want to but not after the set has started

Should we be linking everyone who doesn't already know about this thread [that it would concern] to it?

ultra_nYo

Smash Cadet
If any of you happen to be in Winnipeg on the day of Feb 10 we will be holding a smash tourney. Its a small event so come if you happen to be town. If you want more info either pm me for it or go to www.ssga.tk

Details are still pending but for sure we know it'll be held at the university of manitoba and it'll be a pot prize with an entry fee of around $3. Not big but just getting the word out.

Stevo

Smash Champion
EXTRA EXTRA

STEVE IS GETTING BACK INTO HIS FOX GROOVE

man ive been ******* around with fox the last few days and i've decided to start playing him again.

fox is too good

just thought id post that since nobody has posted in here for a while

FalseFalco

Smash Master
zteve, we need to practice some mo-fuggin teams here before BC!

We took out those skypal jokers at oc2 and we can do it again :laugh:

Top Bottom