• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOST2: Carpooling to Texas March 9th

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer

What:
carpooling to HOST2 in Houston, Texas (thread)

Where:
meet at my place in Gainesville, FL

When:
The tournament is Sat & Sun, March 10-11th, 2007

Why:
Huge tournament, with a $1,200+ pot

Details:

• Departing from my apartment at 8:00 AM, Friday, March 9th, 2007
• You are welcome to sleep over at my place Thursday night
• If you drive yourself to Gainesville, you can park your car at my place for the trip

• Driving 900 miles to Sugar Land, Texas
• 13 hour drive
• Stopping only for drive-thru, gas, and restrooms

• Arriving 9-10 PM near the Venue
• Housing is available, with more options the sooner you act
• I'm staying at XYRO_'s, and I've asked him to post in this thread about housing options

• Singles are Saturday at 1:00 PM
• Doubles are Sunday, starting at 2:00 PM
• HOST2 thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=88997

• Immediately following Doubles, we will begin our return trip
• I suggest you catch some sleep on the car ride back.
• I'll be fine, I won't have to stay up more than 22 hours from when I woke up that day.

• We will arrive back in Gainesville, Florida that morning
• Definitely before 11:00 AM, depending on when Doubles will have ended
• You go home via whatever means you arranged

Find out if you can go ASAP. The quicker you act, the easier getting housing will be.

This trip presents several hardships for me, so I must defer some to you. Specifically, we'll be splitting the $138 gas cost evenly, where your obligation to me is determined by how many people ar egoing altogether:

2: $69
3: $46
4: $34
5: $28

The second requirement if you want to go is that you have to arrange transportation to and from where you live to where I live. Again, we are departing at 8:00 Friday morning, and you are welcome to sleep over Thursday night. Here is the address of Melrose, where I live at the University of Florida:

1000 SW 62nd Blvd
Gainesville, FL 32607

I can bring up to 4 people; if more apply, I'm going to give priority to people based on being a friend, being a pro, and applying early, in that order.

Storage for the trip is limited to my trunk unless less than 5 people are in the car. This can easily fit personal belongings and accessories for the 2 night stay. It's always good to bring TVs, but we are limited to the unused trunk space and possible empty seats in the car, so this would be something we'll determine later. If you are driving yourself and don't mind the possibility of leaving your TV in your parked car over the weekend, you can always bring it and we'll fit it if we can.

If you live somewhere far from me but near the route I will be taking, we can talk about you meeting me on the way, but you would have to be there before me, and have a ride back from the same point that Monday morning.

Link: Mapquest directions of the trip.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Sweet, count me in. Unless something major happens with my work or family I don't see why I'd miss this. I'll definitely let you know ASAP if anything happens. I'll come by thursday afternoon. This'll be hot, thanks.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Awesome. We'll have quite a blast in teams.

And XYRO_ said he could house me and 2 others no problem, so you're all set. If we fill the car, I'll have to ask him about that, but there are plenty of locals and plenty of time, so there are no worries.

I'm either trying to contact or hope the following people see this thread, because I would especially enjoy it if some could make it: RockCrock, Duckles, Queen, Shiz, KSN, Derf, Gino, Mankosuki, etc. In the HOST2 thread, they also said it would be great if Tipman went, but last I heard he quit, which is rather unfortunate. Oh, and DooDah would also be fun to have. Or anyone. God I love FL. Oh, and I'm going to ask my roommate if he wants to go. I hope we get exactly 5 people going in the end, because I'd hate to get someone pumped up about this and then can't take them.

If Derf and Gino both want to go, I think it would be really easy if Rohins and Mankosuki came up from Tampa thursday night, then I picked up Derf and Gino Friday morning, then the 5 of us rode out. Not sure how things are going to work out though, so if you're interested and CAN do it, post, so we can start working out plans and logistics.

Edit: If JewzFTW can drive up from Ft. Myers, I think it would be me, Rohins, and whoever from SWFL wanted to go. Basically, if you want to go and think you can, don't set your heart on it yet, because I still have to see who all can and wants to go then determine what to do from there.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Hmmmmm maybe. I've got spring break the week of the 9th, so I'd only have to miss class on the returning Monday. I am correct in interpreting we will get back by 11:00 am on monday, right?

*thinks about it*
*looks at other CE members*

I am hurt emotionally and physically to not be mentioned in your previous post phanna.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Hmmmmm maybe. I've got spring break the week of the 9th, so I'd only have to miss class on the returning Monday. I am correct in interpreting we will get back by 11:00 am on monday, right?
Correct

I am hurt emotionally and physically to not be mentioned in your previous post phanna.
I wrote it in half a second, and kept thinking of people. I also left out tons more, like Sighrax. I love all you guys <3

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Here's my situation...

I had a job interview today, which seemed to go well and he wanted to do a follow up session. If I get the job, I'll finally actually have money and would be able to afford such a trip. I assume that weekends would be free, but I'd have to see about that friday. Can't ask off for it yet though obviously.

Of course it'd be easy for me to get to you via riding up/back with Rohins, but i really just have to see how the job thing pans out. It'd be hella sweet to have a tourney with so many Samus players though, so hopefully it'll work out.

You should go ahead and try to see about getting 5 spots for housing anyway though, cause even if I can't make it I'm sure someone else would want to.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Samus tournament FTW! I am going to make a thread about host 2 in the samus thread >_>.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Okay I think/hope the car will contain:

• Phanna
• RockCrock
• DaShizWiz
• Rohins (my partner)
• Duckles (my roommate)

I'm pretty sure Rock and Rohins are coming. Shiz and Duckles have to get back to me. We'll see. So other people, if you want to go and think you can, let me know, but unless a seat gets opened don't get your hopes up.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Woot. Go phanna.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I've been talking around with my cousin about this, so far I have two options. I can go with you(I think you said that), or I can get a plane ticket(My cousin knows how to get them from a website for 50 dollars, then my brothers can go aswell). I think I might do the plane ticket thing, I would just need a ride I think from Houston Texas to the tournament, and then back to Houstoun a day later or so I think. I'll investigate this idea more.

:chuckle:.

somedude123

Smash Ace
im interested, this is right on the weekend when spring break begins for me, anyone heading down to ft lauderdale after?

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I've been talking around with my cousin about this, so far I have two options. I can go with you(I think you said that), or I can get a plane ticket(My cousin knows how to get them from a website for 50 dollars, then my brothers can go aswell). I think I might do the plane ticket thing, I would just need a ride I think from Houston Texas to the tournament, and then back to Houstoun a day later or so I think. I'll investigate this idea more.
If you could fly, that'd be great, not because I don't want to drive you, but because that means you and your bros would be there, in addition to me and 4 other passengers.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
:chuckle:.
Host 2 will go so raw if i can come, and finally play u

oh i thought this was in southwest

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
yo phanna,

i might be interested (im in ga),

i'll give you more details later down the road, i might wind up goin to a tourney in GA that same weekend, but it depends on how my friday is lookni.

I'll get back to ya later.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Bring QDVS and Maouski!!!!and <3 if there is enough room!!!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will spell your name right one of these days!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I wish my sig was that cool :(.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lmao x2x....Crazy.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i c ya'll pass through batonrouge. thats 2 hours above where i live.
I was hoping to travel w/ batonrouge smashers to host2 actually...but if it doesn't work out i'd gladly substitute for anyone that can't go last minute <_<

course its too early to say now, but i'll check back in this thread later indeed.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Phanna, I think you should give my spot to Queen, or someone else down here in Florida. I mean, I've been taking a lot of days off of school rescently, and If I have over 10 days tooken off and I'm not doing so great in class I won't get my credits, so don't worry about it, its ok to take someone else. Even though I want to go, but its not the best thing for me.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nooo DaShizWiz you must come! lol. If it only costs 50 to FLY down here you and your bro should come. It will be awesome. You are much wanted at this tourny. If you really don't want to or don't think its a good idea to then oh well. I really wanted to play your falco with my samus though.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Okay my roommate Duckles just let me know that he is going, making him and Rohins passengers. Duckles is meeting up with some friends there Sunday evening though, so he won't be coming back, so there will be an open seat on the way back, which probably won't be used unless someone from feels like flying there and saving money by just carpooling back.

RockCrock wants to go, but he might not be able to due to a school event, so we'll have to see if he can get that moved.

If DaShizWiz doesn't want to go, someone else (like Queen) can have his seat.

More information will be forthcoming. It's possible that up to 2 seats will be opening.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol, don't worry Hylian. I don't think the plane tickets are going to be so cheap. Thats one of the reasons I can't go. Go to INNsomnia!!

Another one of the reasons I am giving up going is so Queen can go. I'm already going to INNsomnia most likely, so myaswell let queen go to this. No point in me going to two huge tournaments and him going to none.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Awww :(. Well it will suck if not even RockCrock can come. Yeah I really want QDVS to come but it would be awesome if you came by plane as well.

Top Bottom