• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finnish Melee Power Rankings (as of October 2008)

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
This list has been created by 7 panelists, Peki, NHJ, Udikku, MasterTK, Ijuka, bËst and Neutroni, each representing their own regions. The list has been created to facilitate the process of finding competition, to increase the level of competition by giving people more to play for and creating a positive will to improve, to give both Finnish players and others a chance to see who the top players in the country are, and to simply have a ranking of players; we do play this game competitively and therefore it is understandable to have ranking lists.

To determine a player's placing, the panelists looked at how well this player had fared in recent tournaments. Not only were the placings of a player looked at, but also, and very importantly, the wins and losses of each player. Some common sense was also used. The rankings of players who have not been to tournaments recently suffer. This is only logical, and players who want to be ranked high will travel to show their skill and motivation. For a player to be ranked on the Finnish Power Rankings, they need to reside within the boundaries of the country.

Discussion is acceptable and encouraged, should a list even be created if no discussion was allowed?

The list includes the following information for each player: placing, alias, placing on previous chart, municipality, main character(s).

The Finnish Melee Power Rankings, October 2008

1. Peki (1.) ------------------ Oulu ---------- Fox/Falco/Sheik/Marth
2. NHJ (5.) ------------------ Vuokatti ------- Sheik/Fox
3. Neutroni (13.) ------------- Espoo --------- Marth
4. Ijuka (2.) ----------------- Sauvo --------- Falco/Fox
5. bËst (3.) ----------------- Jyväskylä ------- Ice Climbers
6. Samochan (7.) ------------ Oulu ---------- Peach
7. MasterTK (4.) ------------ Tampere ------- Falco
8. Udikku (6.) ---------------- Kankaanpää --- Marth
9. VilNess (9.) --------------- Helsinki -------- Fox/Luigi/Mario
10. Omega (NEW) ------------ Nastola -------- Marth/Fox/Falco
11. Über (10.) --------------- Seinäjoki ------ Ganondorf/Young Link
12. Lime (NEW) -------------- Helsinki -------- Captain Falcon
13. Jabi (NEW) --------------- Muhos --------- Ice Climbers
14. Phail3d (NEW) ------------ Oulu ----------- Falco/Fox
15. Laatikko (NEW) ----------- Helsinki -------- Link/Sheik

Thanks to all the panelists and Amsah (Nihonjin)!

VilNess

Smash Champion
I think This topic did fine in the other finnish topic... at least put a link in that thread to this one.

Also, my rankings will rise now that I stopped low tier whoring :D ... Finnish skill level has risen so you can´t really win tournaments with my Ness/Luigi anymore. :/
So I chose Marth >:D

Ijuka

Smash Ace
WTF First O_o and WMK second, TK 3rd, VilNess 4th, best 5th... This looks exactly like my list! =P
But Whee, I still was first ^_^
Now everybody knows that Sauvo is the biggest Smash-megacity in Finland, with it's stunning 2900 inhabitants. And one smash-player =P Congratulations to WMK and TK and Best, and everyone else who jumped up in the list. Grats to Samo for top 10 as well =P

And yes, I also think that VilNess will rise in the list pretty soon, as soon as his Marth starts to function properly =P It was still kind of awkward in the uhh.. SST? =P Now, I wish that persreikärusettipaska (please don't find a translation for that) would show up for some tournaments, because I really think that RN6 is KIND OF outdated.

KVF might be way higher, but he gets minus points for his.. ehh <_< Awesome self-confidence. I bet he has learned that in army. If everyone has a self-confidence even close to that in the army, Finland sure is safe from anything! =DDD

I heard that Nico has been training a lot, but since he hasn't been in any recent tournaments, so his placement is justified. The increase in the level of Finnish Smash has been outrageous during the last half a year, or so. I feel for everyone like Udikku, with how well he plays, he sure should be better than 8th. But then I look at the list and can't help but admit that I have no idea, who would have to go below Udikku, then. They are all too good. Coco is very good with Peach as well, but still he is only 7th.

I am really looking forward to playing against the other Europeans, and watching the other finns do so as well. I guess we still have to wait half a year.. And in that time, improve even more! =)

VilNess: Ei kannata pelata amiksilla, ne rikkoo ruoskia. ;P

Samochan

Smash Master
Gongrats for Ijuka for claiming the 1st place. You earned it. ^^ Gongrats for myself also for reaching the top ten, yay. Not a big achievement when three in front of me dropped. XP Now to set my goal on 7th place. Gotta be better than coco if I wanna reach that place. D:

matta-from-subid

Smash Apprentice
who's that masa on the list? I have newer played agains him so i would like to luigi ditto agains him and see wich luigi is better. he lives in rovaniemi (the same place as i do) and still i haven't fought him even once.

If you didn't cach that i was being sarcastic. I am Subido not masa. forget masa. Subido is the new king. I demand the right to say my own nickname in smash community and it isn't masa. It is Subido. do i have to spam it in order for you to get that?

Ijuka

Smash Ace
VilNess, let's combine our whips and s00ds and team sometimes, okay?

Okei, Masa.

^^julle^

Smash Apprentice
kukas helvetti sina olet? aivan paska lista muuten... mä en muka ole ekana...

training_master(KVF)

Smash Journeyman
well my placing is okay to me, for now, but I'll show that my self- confidence thingie is just a joke, I have such confidence next time that you'll pee your pants :D
hopefully not, but you get the picture!

VilNess

Smash Champion
NOvice: Come to rovaniemi in next months end, which is 30th of march to 1st of april.

Eli siis maaliskuun 30 päivästä huhtikuun ekaan päivään. Saat maistaa suomen nousevaa tasoa ja liittyä mukaan.

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
wipii... 5th place.... wuhuu..... I actually have nothing clever to say so.... lets see what is going to happen in next tournament....

...joka btw on käsittääkseni kajaanissa 23-25.2.... jos sit lähtis sinne RESTiin. =)

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Eipä tiiä uskaltaako ku tulee turpaan kummiski, enkä oo nii hyväkään, ois vaan kiva tietää oisko täällä kuusamossa yhtään "kehittyneempää" peliseuraa, ku kavereista ei oikein oo haastetta :)

VilNess

Smash Champion
Kajaanissakin on turnaus 23-25.2, se on vissiin lähemäpän kuusamoa.
Kantsii varmaan tulla molempiin jos intoa löytyy.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Suunnillee yhtä kaukana on molemmat enkä kuulemma saa kyytiä täältä, paska juttu. No mä jään tänne pieksämään 9 levelisiä :D

VilNess

Smash Champion
Niinpä, bussit kulkee...
tuskin alle 16 vuotiaalle maksaa paljoa, varsinki jos sulla on opiskelukortti. veikkaan että kuusamo-roi-kuusamo olis n. 40 €opiskelualen kans. eli ei paljoa...

training_master(KVF)

Smash Journeyman
niin kauan ku samo ei pääse mun ohi ni on kaikki hyvin, sit on meinaan maailman kirjat sekasin, saakelin kenttähuoraaja!!

Ijuka

Smash Ace
KVF voisi koittaa sijoittua kerrankin sinne top 3:een.. kyllä potentiaalia kai siihen on..

VilNess

Smash Champion
Höö... onhan siihen potentiaalia, mut jos haluaa päästä top 3 niin pitää olla parempi kuin WMK, Ijuka tai TK.

...eli pitää myös pystyä pieksemään amikseni. Martha alkaa pikkuhiljaa noussa suhteessa amikseni tasolle eli siinäkin on jo oma uhka >:)

training_master(KVF)

Smash Journeyman
niinpä, jos peli kulkee halutulla tavalla ni onhan siinä jotain pelottavaa :D
pitäis vaan saada se joku kipinä mikä iskis mun falcon, tai jonku muun tappamaan :D
nyt alan kyl sparraa itteeni ens vkl:ppua varten et sit pääsen vahintään sinne top5, nico on vaan taas siel ni se on paha surma, mutta kyl mun fox sen hoitelee :D:D on meinaan seki parantunu, onnistuu melkeen 40% SHDL :D ja kaikkee hianoo shine settii reenaillu, ja nopeutta yleensäki :D:D varo Ijuka!!

^^julle^

Smash Apprentice
ja sitten tota powerrankinggin päivitystä ja pikaseen.... ja perkele jos neutrall ja heplo menee musta ohi siin listas ni joha rupee soimaan.... niin ja mun sijoituksen nostaminen olisi paikallaan... :D ja masterPK sinne listalle on sen verran kova samus kummiskin sillä :D

VilNess

Smash Champion
MasterPK saattais nousta jonnekkin sinne 19. sijalle tai jotain. mut en tiiä...
Jullesta ei oikein osaa sanoa, nousis jos pieksis sitä parempia pelaajia, kuten Uberit, Samot etc.
:p

Itse haluan ainaki ton 3. sijan. Sen verran hyvä martta mulla oli :p

^^julle^

Smash Apprentice
kyllä ne samot lähtee jos on tarvis sinäkin menit siin välis turneessa bestille turpaan :D best on sit hiljaa et millä pelas.. udiqun pistin koville turnees kun pelasimme marth diton... mertin samukset menee peachia en oikein kerennyt koitella... ijukan ounaan (hyvällä tuurilla välistä) semmosii vastaan en päässyt pelaa jotka eivät olleet turneessa... pekin kans meill on minusta ihan sopivan tasasta vai?? kvf täll kertaa kyll ounas ja pahasti mut se onkin ihan broukken ja lisäksi oli paineita rahasta sillä hetkell kun pelasimme. kaikki nobot lähti heti eestä.... wmk siit ei kyll ole mitään muisti kuvia turnauksesta.. ei ole tietoa pelasinko sen kanssa edes....

^^julle^

Smash Apprentice
paska paikka mut sitten sit nostatte mut :D hermo treeni huoralla alkakoon :D kuolkaaaa!!!!!

Top Bottom