• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

** Feb 24th, The Fourth Corpus Christi, TX tournament (Super Smash Bros. Melee) **

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
** Feb 24th, The Fourth Corpus Christi, TX tournament (KoFXI/3S/GGSlash/Melee) **

Once again, I will be hosting another tournament in Corpus on February 24th (Saturday).
This time around the prize pot will be bigger due to the fee for entering a game will be a bit higher. And also another game will be added this time around (King of Fighters XI).

The games that will be hosted this time around will be:

** Schedule **

--> Guilty Gear XX: Slash (4:45 pm)
--> Street Fighter 3rd Strike (5:20 pm)
--> Super Smash Bros. Melee (5:30 pm)
--> King of Fighters XI (6:00 pm)
--> Any other games (6:30 pm)

All this should be done a little before 9:30 pm (Hopefully).
All the games listed above will be played on PS2 except for Melee which will be played on the Gamecube.

PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!!

I will host any other games as long as the equipment is provided, and having at least 6 people joined (can host something like MvC2 for the DreamCast).

Please Note: If I don't get at least 6 people for any of these games, that portion of the tournament will be delayed or canceled (I'm talking about you, Guilty Gear Players).

** Location **

Name: Gamer's Den
Address: 6410 South Weber Rd
Phone #: (361) 853-5337

If you need a map google location for this place, Click Here.
Please note that if you call them regardless about the tournament they won't know nothing about the tournament other than the fact that its gonna be hosted there on February 24th. If you need more info on the tournament, please contact me thru AIM or the Corpus thread (which I check every now and then).

** Rules **

All rules are arcade standard except for Melee which will be played under MLG rules.
In KoF XI, console only characters are NOT ALLOWED.
Same rules apply to GG Slash and 3S.
Don't use any game breaking glitches for any game that will prevent the match to continue.
If you win with your character, you have no choice but to stay as that character until you have lost (this rule applies to ALL games).
Please don't adjust anything in-between matches. If you pause during a match, the player that did not pause has the call (he can say he won the match or let it go on, or do over).

** The Fees **

Entry Fee: $2 (only $2, c'mon thats ****in' cheap)
To Enter: $10 (for each game)

The usual prize pot split will go as usual, 70/20/10.
Brackets will be set to somewhat random but to a point where your playing someone you don't know in the first set (like last time). Hey, it worked out great before.
Going with Double Elimination.

With this all said and done, hope to see you there!
Support the fighting game community, just join and have fun!

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
interesting but is this singles and doubles or just singles.
Almost forget to add:
Going with double.

I'm not expecting too many to join Smash, so this should be done within' 4 hours of time (or so I believe).

If the demand does get rather large, then I will reduce the time schedule about an hour earlier than its original time. I will keep you guys updated on any future changes.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'd love to come. A good 4 hours away from where I live though.

I'll see what i can do.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Almost forget to add:
Going with double.

I'm not expecting too many to join Smash, so this should be done within' 4 hours of time (or so I believe).

If the demand does get rather large, then I will reduce the time schedule about an hour earlier than its original time. I will keep you guys updated on any future changes.
Now do you mean doubles only or singles and doubles also.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Now do you mean doubles only or singles and doubles also.
???

Ummm, the way its setup is Double Elimination.
2 out of 3 for each match, you lose you goto losers bracket. Nothing changes until finals where it may be increased to 3 out of 5.

tsetse

Smash Lord
I mean is there gonna be singles and doubles(teams) competition?

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE

Times for certain events have changed.
Each one is about 30 mins to an hour earlier (nothing too dramatic).

Hope this does not effect anyone.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Tournament is next week, hope you guys are ready!

I'll start setting stuff up around 4:00pm, so that would be the best time to catch me if you want to sign up early or whatever.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Well i may still be able to go but right now it looks like 50/50, I have regional science bowl orientation that day but it may be out by noon which means that then I could go.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
I'll be coming with a friend.

Also, should we bring systems? Cause i can bring a cube/tv.
Hmmmm... another cube/TV might be needed.

The Gamer's Den area already has 3 TVs for us to use, but for the most part it will be running the other games. Two of my friends are bringing cubes, so you might wanna bring both (TV/Cube) just in case.

If its too much trouble, then just bring a cube only.

Well i may still be able to go but right now it looks like 50/50, I have regional science bowl orientation that day but it may be out by noon which means that then I could go.
Hope you can make it.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
hey dude maybe well be going,
i wanted to ask, when we finish the singles tournament you are gonna still be running other tournaments right?
do u think we can make a doubles side tourney? while you run your others tourneys?

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
hey dude maybe well be going,
i wanted to ask, when we finish the singles tournament you are gonna still be running other tournaments right?
do u think we can make a doubles side tourney? while you run your others tourneys?
I'm not too sure.
Theres a slim chance a team tourney could be on the side but not likely.

The Melee tournament is more of a "side tournament" for this event.
If anything, if no "other games" games are added on the list, then there might be a chance for a team tourney after singles depending how long it takes.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
teams should go faster than singles
but yeah in case we have time

tsetse

Smash Lord
Actaully if 6 of us from the valley go then we can make this a pretty big tourney.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
i believe cause this is a guilty gear tourney and smash is only a side tourney, but yeah CCristy is southwest

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, a tournament, how come this isn't advertised in the southwestern forum?
I advertise it on the Texas topic, didn't think it needed to be advertise anywhere else.

Can you link me a topic where I could've advertise this tournament for possibly the next one?
Or did I need to make another topic stating my tournament on the southwest forums?

EDIT: If a team tournament does happen, I might be interested in joining it lol.
I'm not a big fan of Melee, but whatever ;p

tsetse

Smash Lord
I predict SA, Houston and Valley show up, making smash the bigger tourney and not a side tourney.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
You should actually make a thread in the southwestern forum. I don't think anybody knows about this except who've posted here, and I don't think they want any of the pros to know.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
I predict SA, Houston and Valley show up, making smash the bigger tourney and not a side tourney.
Hmmmmm...
If that does become the case, then I might actually need an extra TV and Cube, lol. But then, finding room might become the case.

Here is a ****ty diagram of the place for the tournament:

Click here.
It's in a notepad (.txt) format.

Thats the main game room.
Perty much, TV means... well the TVs.
There isn't much room to put any extra TVs bottom area due to random coke machines and other stuff, but it does have alot of plugs there. Top area has some plugs, but may need an extension cord to plug a TV and cube in. I'll be able to provide one (its about 5 feet long).
Hopefully we can find some room.

Also, the **** means they lead to other places of the store.
The *** on the right is the main area, it will be the first place you see once you walk in.
The bottom leads into another room about the same size of the game room, just with alot of tables and chairs. It's usually empty and mainly use for card game tournaments.
Its possible that if we do get alot of people, that room can be used for the tournament... or so I hope.

You should actually make a thread in the southwestern forum. I don't think anybody knows about this except who've posted here, and I don't think they want any of the pros to know.
Well, I'm not part of the corpus scene seeing as how I don't live in Corpus.
Yeah, I'm hosting a tournament in a town I don't live in, lol.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
What does that have to do with anything? Do you want me to make the topic for you? It will get more people to go.

tsetse

Smash Lord
, and I don't think they want any of the pros to know.
I already told rob$ about it so yes I have told pros. So yeah its not my job to advertise this, our part is to show up, Plus its up on our forums and rob$ is a Mod on our forums so i am sure he has seen it. I could care less who shows up. whatever........ pointless. explaining

forkgirl

Smash Lord
oh cool. so yea, we're coming. should we just show up at 5:30 for smash, or do we get there at a certain time for registration, or what?

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
... Rey, *snip* is commonly used to make a post shorter.
You are correct ;)

should we just show up at 5:30 for smash, or do we get there at a certain time for registration, or what?
As said before, I'll be there around 4:00 pm.
You can register at anytime.

If I'm in a middle of a tournament match PLEASE DON'T BOTHER ME UNTIL THE MATCH IS OVER.
I can't stress that enough, lol.

tsetse

Smash Lord
You are correct ;)

As said before, I'll be there around 4:00 pm.
You can register at anytime.

If I'm in a middle of a tournament match PLEASE DON'T BOTHER ME UNTIL THE MATCH IS OVER.
I can't stress that enough, lol.
Im gonna tap you on the shoulder, and ill be like "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" "I wanna register" right as you are at the end of your healthbar or last stock.

J/K ok

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Cut me real deep =(

Heh, well with all this done and said and the deadline to the tournament coming very close I hope everyone a good trip on getting here.

Also, please behave yourselves at the tournament.
Once the tournament starts and you have at least played one match, there are no refuns (don't think I need to bold that).

Good Luck and Have Fun!

tsetse

Smash Lord
Also, please behave yourselves at the tournament.
Once the tournament starts and you have at least played one match, there are no refuns (don't think I need to bold that).

Good Luck and Have Fun!
But what if I lose my first match? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Top Bottom