• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Smash 'Til You Drop 2 - Dy-no-mite Punch!" Montréal, Québec, Canada; Feb. 24th 2007

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Smash 'Til You Drop 2 - Dy-no-mite Punch!
(name approved by Dice :D)

After the success of STYD, the world has been begging for another tournament. Well, 6 months later, this edition is sure to knock you out!

Will nox hack his way through the rankings again or will he be too blazed to do anything?
Will GOSU, the reborn Hard Hitters of Redemption, finally manage to claim a win against team "No Mercy!"?
Will AOG sue GOSU for godly properties?
Will the Kanata Pwn Party open cans and cans of juicy *** whoopin' on to feed all the hungry noobs attending?
Will vexed69 finally emerge from the darkness of the infamous World of Warcraft? (well we already know that won't happen, but..)
Will unknown522 finally get his spot on the Power Ranking?

HOLY GEFILTEFISH, BATMAN! PUT YOUR FIGHTING GLOVES ON, AND GET READY TO FIGHT! STYD2 is sure to be a knockout!

Date & Time
Saturday, February 24th 2007.
Time: 11:00am - midnight
Arrive at 11am, tournament starts at 11:45am precisely.

2220 rue Patricia
Montréal (Saint-Laurent),Québec, Canada
H4L 2Y2
Google map.

Directions Société de Transports de Montréal
The event is between Côte-Vertu & Henri-Bourassa metro stations, though closer to Côte-Vertu. These buses pass every half hour, so check the schedules online.

- From Côte-Vertu, take the 64 Grenet Nord (~8 mins), get off at Grenet & Oxford.
Walk on Oxford, and turn left on Patricia (275m walk, ~4 mins).
OR
Take the 170 Keller Nord (~8 mins), get off at Henri-Bourassa & De Londres.
Walk on De Londres, turn right on chemin Laval, then left on Patricia (425m walk, ~6 mins).

- From Henri-Bourassa, take the 164 Dudemaine (~15 mins), get off at Dudemaine & Grenet.
Walk on Grenet across the train track, across Henri-Bourassa, and turn left on chemin Laval, then right on Patricia. (~925m walk, ~12 minutes.)
OR
Take the 69 Gouin Ouest (~18 mins), then the 64 Grenet Sud (~7 mins), get off at Grenet & Oxford.
Walk on Oxford and turn left on Patricia (275m walk, ~4 mins).

Directions from Ottawa
Take the 417E. After a while, at the point where 417E becomes Transcanadian highway 40E, drive for 38.3 miles (61.62 km).
Take the exit 62 toward Côte Vertu / boul. Cavendish.
Stay STRAIGHT to go onto ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, then take the Côte-Vertu EST ramp.
Turn slight left onto boul. de la Côte-Vertu for 2 miles (3.2 km).
Turn left on boul. Marcel-Laurin / Prov. secondary route 117N.
Turn right on rue Poirier, then left on rue Patricia.

I'll add more directions on request. Don't be lazy though.
www.mapquest.ca
Tout Azimuts, trajets de STM, enter your departure point.
www.stm.info

Room costs 300 dollars + 100 deposit.

Hosts
chesterr01 - pm me for information, expect an answer inside 24h. (514) 699-7706 if you have a problem, I suggest you bring it with you on the day of the tournament.
pkmvodka - will help on location

Events
- Regular Crews - 3-5 people
- Doubles
- Singles

Registration fees
Crews Tournament : 40$
Doubles Tournament: 20$ (10$ per person)
Singles Tournament: 15$

NO REFUNDS! LAST TOURNAMENT, I HAD TO REFUND PEOPLE THAT REGISTERED, THEN MAGICALLY HAD TO LEAVE! REFUNDED WITH MY MONEY! YOU REGISTER, NO REFUND!

Venue Rules

- NO Alcohol. We won't tolerate any alcoholic beverages, the church is strictly against it, and we will enforce their rules. If you are caught with beer inside the church or near the church, we will be forced to ask you to leave the tournament and will not be refunded, or permitted back into the church. If you really want to drink, feel free to step outside the church, and OFF the church grounds (that means no parking drinking, go on the next street or something).

- No Obvious Gambling. In other words, that means you can do money matches, but don't go around the priest saying "LOL I WON 50 DOLLARS IN A BET AGAINST SOME NOOB, LMAO!!". No card games with money.

- NO Smoking. If you feel the need to smoke, you may step outside and only return once your finished. SMOKE ONLY IN THE PARKING LOT.

- NO Drugs. If you look intoxicated (high or drunk), and are acting in a troublesome manner, you will be kicked out. You will be kicked out, and will not be refunded or permitted to return if you cause problems in the church. ZERO TOLERANCE.

- Good behaviour is expected; we don't want to get kicked out of the church or lose our priviledges. In particular, do not damage any church or tournament participant's belongings, and do not make too much noise (there will be people other than us using the church during tournament hours, we don't want to get reported). If tournament staff deems that you are causing trouble in this fashion, you will be kicked out of the tournament without refund.

IMPORTANT EDIT:::I just spoke with the lady from the church.

Rule 1 - Do not talk too much about money around the church people.

Rule 1 - Don't make noise outside, don't scream outside the church, don't cause group commotion, and ****. It's a residential zone around, FULL OF OLD PEOPLE, and if we cause too much noise and the neighbors decide to call the 5-0, "I" will have to pay for the city charges (which are according to the lady mininum 500$). A lot of old people live in that neighborhood, so they're pretty 9-1-1 trigger happy. Watch yourselves.

Rule 1- Do not wander around, stay inside the church as much as possible, exit if you wanna go eat, smoke (off the church grounds), or if you have a headache.

Yes, they are all rule #1 because I cannot stress enough the importance of these.

Also, don't be late. Ever.

IMPORTANT: Dinner time is fixed between 4:15pm and 5:45pm. We have to exit the church for a mess at 4:30pm. We cannot hang around the front of the church while there are celebrations and while the church people exit at 5:30pm. So basically, we'll all go to the shopping center where there's a bajillion food places. Then come back for 5:35pm.

- Let's give a good impression to the church guys, we ARE coming back there a month later with the Street Fighter community, so we don't want to lose this spot. The top SF/MvC2 players will be there to check out how it goes.

Tournament Rules

General

- BYOC: Bring your own controller; or ensure someone is bringing one for you. If you don't have a controller, and you can't find one before your match, it's not our problem. No controller mods except for aesthetic. If you lend your controller, and it's your turn to play, it's not our problem. We won't do another match just because "you" aren't ready, we will just disqualify you.

- No pausing during a match unless there is a good reason. If you pause repeatedly for no good reason, you'll be disqualified for that match at the discretion of tournament staff.

- No infinite stall/freeze glitches (ie: Peach's Wallbombing, Jigglypuff's rising pound, Ice Climber freeze glitch, etc). If you use these in a match, you forfeit that match. If one of these tactics is used on you for the purpose of stalling the match, pause the game and call for tournament staff.

Rules

- All sets are best of 3.
Winners' & losers' finals are best of 5.
Grand finals are best out of 7.

- 4 stock, 8 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF
Life stealing is allowed in doubles

- Advanced slob picks: First stage of each set is from the random selection (neutral stages), unless the two players agree on a neutral stage on the first match.
After the first match, the loser decides what stage he wants to counterpick with (he may also choose to go random from the neutral stages).
Winner decides if he wants to change his or her character.
Loser then decides if he wants to change his or her character.
Make sure that this rule is enforced properly.

- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage can be chosen by a player if he has already won on that stage (this means that if you lost on a stage you chose, you may take that stage again).

- Knockout rule: Each player may choose to eliminate one stage at the beginning of the set.

- Permanently banned stages : Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Princess Peach's Castle, Onett, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle, Great bay, Mushroom Kingdom 2.

- Double blind pick may be called at the beginning of the set, before both players have chosen their character (both players telling their characters to a third party, to prevent first stage character counterpicking).

Crews tournament
- Double elimination
- Crews of 3 to 5 people.
15 stocks evenly distributed amongst the members. (3 people - 5,5,5; 4 people - 4,4,4,3; 5 people - 3,3,3,3,3)

How it works: Write down each member of your crew on a piece of paper with the character they will be using.
Write "1st" next to the player that will start the crew battle.
First stage is random, you cannot ban a stage in crew battles.
After the first match, the losing crew chooses a member to fight. The winner of the former match keeps the stocks from the previous match (if you ended the first fight with 2 stocks, you suicide accordingly to have 2 stocks in the next match).
First crew to lose all their stocks loses.

Doubles tournament
- Double elimination bracket
- Neutral stages : Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield.
- Stages banned in teams : Permanently banned stages + Fountain of Dreams, Mute City

Singles tournament
- Pools going into double elimination bracket
- Neutral stages : Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams
- Stages banned in singles: Permanently banned stages

Registration
To register, post in this thread.
If you are not registered on smashboards, register (and put me as the referrer:lick:) and post, or ask someone to post for you.
Mention in which tournament you plan on participating in.
If you register in crews/teams, make up a team name, please.

Crews
1- No Mercy! feat. pkmvodka - chesterr01, pkmvodka, TestRider
2- GOSU - Bam, Damax, Jih, Vwins
3- Acts of God - Apoc`, Fenostol, Jarc, nox
4- O-Town Orgasm (or "It would be useless to beg for mercy. You will discover that we, in fact, have none to offer you") Dice, GanonPWN!, Locke), Rimi, Tect
5-

Doubles
1- Team Quaid - Locke) & Rimi
2- WoW is Gay - GanonPWN! & tect
3- No Mercy! - chesterr01 & TestRider
4- The Black Beards - Bam & Vwins
5- Team Socialite (DeLoRtEd1 & Divine Knight)
6- OVER 9000 WANGS! (Kage & Jay)
7- Us love you long time (Matt & WarrenThad)
8- All in. (Damax & Jih)
9- We fap to Nintendo characters (Bread-Butterer & VeXteR jExTeR (sp?))
10- ROFLMAO (Fhatuik & Tech)
11- Adventure Time! (Cemo & jonnyczi)
12- Soldiers Till Death (Jer & Greg)
13- Adamantium Buttcrust (JustaPnoy & ThatGuy)
14- I'm blue, dabadee dabadi. (Apoc` & Jarc) WORST TEAM NAME EVER!
15- Hot Hentai Lesbian Action! (BigRick & Paty)
16- Team Pepsi (H4 & pkmvodka)
17- Team Squat (Chimeiookami & Boy)
18- The Spaninese Inquisition (Bob Loblaw & Slevin)
19- Emo /wrists (Lanowen & Fogel)
20- Q80 (Jirokichi & Sami)
21-

Singles
1- chesterr01
2- Elefterios
3- Jarc
4- Cemo
5- tect
6- Dice
7- Locke)
8- Rimi
9- WarranThad
10- Bam
11- Jih
12- Vwins
13- Agora
14- GanonPWN!
15- Demonmachine
16- pr0g
17- Dylan
18- nox
19- BigRick
20- Apoc`
21- TestRider
22- Sony
23- Gino
24- Russell
25- Jay
26- Matt
27- Fogel
28- ThatGuy
29- pkmvodka
30- Jim-Jc-Cam
31- Hero of Nobody
32- Soul
33- AG
34- PUMA
35- Damax
36- Razed
37- Kage
38- Runawayfire
39- Bob Loblaw
40- LuigiOwnzYou
41- Bread-Butterer
42- DeLoRtEd1
43- Jigten
44- Fhatuik
45- Tech
46- jonnyczi
47- Jer
48- Greg
49- JustaPnoy
50- PiKaLeX
51- Bety
52- Daisy101
53- Chimeiookami
54- Boy
55- Lanowen
56- Crimson
57- Nex
58- Shuriken
59- Fathom21
60- slevin
61- RaIph
62- Paty
63- Vegetto2k2
64- TheOrder
65- Nephiros
66- Navo
67- bety
68- PiKaLeX!
69- Feanoroth
70- Jagg
71-

Television & Cubes
We really need support from everyone we can get in bringing Televisions to the Tournament. The more TV's, the more Smash! More friendlies, more tournaments, etc. So clearly... many televisions = good good! (Do not leave your memory card in your gamecube, k thx).

T-Shirts!
GO HERE FOR YOUR T-SHIRT ORDER!

Televisions
1- Jih
2- Jih
3- pkmvodka
4- Fhatuik
5- Fogel
6- Fogel
7- pkmvodka
8- Cemo
9- Cemo
10- jonnyczi
11- ThatGuy
12- Jagg
13- ThatGuy
14- DarkISDA
15- Locke)
16- Dice
17- Rimi
18- Locke)
19-

Game Cubes
1- chesterr01
2- Jarc
3- tect
4- Demonmachine
5- Dylan
6 & 7- nox
8- Vwins (don't forget to put your cube in the dishwasher so that it can work)
9- Fogel
10- ThatGuy
11- pkmvodka
12- JustaPnoy
13- Jagg
14- DarkISDA
15- Locke)
16- Dice
17- Cemo
18- Cemo's sexfriend
19- Nephiros
20-

Video Recorder
1- Jarc
2- Jih
3- Elefterios
4-

Power Bars
1- Jih
2- Vwins
3- Fogel
4 to 9- ThatGuy
10- JustaPnoy

Extension Cords
1 to 8- Jarc
9-

cemo

white walker
Elef MM? :)
2$, 'cause i'm poor lolz.

oh yeah i'm comin' for singles.
and uh, regional crews would be rockin'. i wanna watch that again.

tect

Smash Journeyman
a'ight sign me up for singles, and a cube. maybe a tv.... this tourney is gonna be DOPE
i'm gonna have to break in my controller FASTLIKEFU#
i still can't chain-grab with marth

Dice

Smash Lord
yayuhz for tournamentsss... Oh and for a rule to make sure people play their matches on time, there's a rule called "Mages DQ Rule" or something going around some of the US tournaments. I'll find it and copy + paste it here.

Dice

Smash Lord
If we are somehow able to announce the matches, I believe this rule seems fair:

The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

WarranThad

Smash Ace
I'm in for singles, maybe doubles, and most likely crew.

Jay, Matt and Kage should also be coming. Not necessarily our crew though.

Edit: What's the reg. fee for crew?

cemo

white walker
i'm really bad at the naruto games.
so it's like free pretzels!

actually i have no idea what you just said.

Jih

Smash Journeyman
WOOT

sign me up for singles

i vote for small crew battle AND a 4th event On vs QC crew battle ( im SURE we will have time to do all these event if they are all set properly )

sign me up for 2 TVS ( no cubes of mine ) ( i presume bam can bring his maybe vwins one even if he brokes sometime )

i'll need to talk with people if i do doubles

oh and this time.... vwins is there so watch out ... gosu is 100% taking this

have a nice day

P.S. more info on money matchs later ;) lolz

tect

Smash Journeyman
what about kingsley?? and GPWN and shuriken and vexxed?? i'm gonna explode vexxed computer with my mind so he can't play WoW

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
Gpwn up in this flava.. Hes gonna bring it back old school. What that he went gdorf? NO WAI DAWG.

DID YOU SEE THAT GDORF GUYS? IT JUST LIKE WENT UP THE TIER LIsT--

Tx gpwn you totally own
You do it up you do it down
You are the masta
Your gonna bring disasta

the gpwn in this isnt goin be flexin'

CHESTERR01 IM COMING FOR YOU....!

WarranThad

Smash Ace
Oh, also my vote is for regular crews over quebec vs ont or low tier.

That's all from me.

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
Any type of Money Match Bam???.......

K, you pichu me fox

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
Ya mikey we'll team,
we'll be unsuspected
Undeserving,
Undiscovered
Uneducated
Unsexy
Unfair
Unending

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to sign up for the tournament, along with my friends, all of us for singles. None for doubles.

Demon Machine
Pr0g
Dylan

All three of us.

Also, two of us can bring cubes.

Jih

Smash Journeyman
k so chesterr01 look over here plz :

me =

2 Tvs
1 recorder
1 power bar

i'll try to tape ONLY the finals of each event + regional ( if its occur ) (will need help with jarc or any vcr too for that )
cuz im planning to do a ''montage'' bach style

so yea in my free time i'll do friendly ( and maybe $ matchs ;) lol ) + filming around some people and matchs

as for dice ... i heard by chesterr and pkm himself that he would come if there's crew ... but i'm guessing he'll also come for singles at least ( cuz he's too good :) lol )
he's going to my school now so if i see him i'll ask again and give more info ( if he doesnt post here until the tourny or w/e )

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
Bleh, sign me in for singles.

Teams... well I don't know yet...
<---- sucks@team

As I can see Crew as been canceled :\

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm in for singles, maybe doubles, and most likely crew.

Jay, Matt and Kage should also be coming. Not necessarily our crew though.

Edit: What's the reg. fee for crew?
Are you sure they are coming?
Crew, if they do happen, will be the same as last time, 40$ per crew.

you have to vote on crew/lowtier/regional, click on the link in my first post.

Aren't Kongo Jungle and Jungle Japes banned stages?
Thanks for pointing this out. edited accordingly. Can anyone point out the rules for Mushroom Kingdom 2, Great Bay, Pokéfloats? I seem to be having a lot of different feedback. If possible, get me the most recent MLG ruleset. Cuz from what I read from recent tournaments, Great Bay is available in teams. >_>
Bleh, sign me in for singles.

Teams... well I don't know yet...
<---- sucks@team

As I can see Crew as been canceled :\
Practice teams with ur crew. Play with ur crew actually. and crew isn't cancelled, you have to vote.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
From what I saw from MLG, rainbow cruiss/kongo jungle 64 were on random in doubles.

But than again, I don't have the url, had it linked to me a while back.

Not sure about the rest of the stuff.

Edit: I am 99.9% sure they are all coming. I can confirm this by tomorrow night.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
i will go in singles pending transportation arrangements

doubles possibly if i find someone to team with.
I'll add you to the list when you've made arrangements with whoever's coming, k thx. You should talk to Kanata, tect, gpwn and umm.. that's it. Oh, I should post in the ottawa thread.

From what I saw from MLG, rainbow cruiss/kongo jungle 64 were on random in doubles.
Edit: I am 99.9% sure they are all coming. I can confirm this by tomorrow night.
yeah that's not gonna happen. >_> I'll add them as soon as you'll confirm, thanks. I'm surprised Mr. Matt isn't entering doubles, I thought he had good team chemistry with that downsmashing peach at that biweekly I went to.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
That was me, and we're probably entering doubles, but I'm not nearly as sure about that one, so I didn't mention it.

TestRider

Smash Ace
Le problème que je vois avec le rematch du regional crews c'est que comme ça se ferait encore une fois à Montréal, ça serait un peu injuste pour l'Ontario. À ce que je sache y'a personne de Toronto qui planifie venir, je sais même pas si on aurait les dix joueurs nécessaires. Quoi qu'il serait toujours possible de réduire les effectifs de chaque équipe.

By the way we need a hero to defeat the evil tyrant ruler, aka Bam Bam Bigelow. I nominate myself.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
Bam Bam Bigelow died a week ago, gosh, I'll miss those flames.

I should really be sleeping when I have class at 10 =/.

Top Bottom