• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's throws

moogle

Smash Ace
With a character like Sheik or Fox, it's relatively easy to know what to do when you grab someone. They have a lot of "guaranteed" combos such as Fox's u-throw to u-air, that work on a variety of opponents at a wide range of percents. Peach doesn't really have that, with the exception of u-throw stuff vs. fastfallers.

I'm mainly looking for good things to do with Peach throws, primarily at low or mid percents. The d-throw is the most perplexing of all.... it's definitely not as easy to use as Sheik's d-throw. Tell me good things to do with Peach d-throw. Peach's u-throw vs. non-fastfallers is another hazy area. Help me here too. :)

As far as I can tell, f-throw and b-throw are simple: get them off the stage. And a quick f-throw is good for killing. Or an f-throw at 0 percent into another grab can catch them off guard.

Oh yeah, I'm mainly interested in Peach's matchups vs. the top5 (Fox,Falco,Sheik,Marth,Peach), but whatever you can tell me is much appreciated.

Kman25

Smash Ace
Well this is my opinoin (I may be wrong with some of this, So anyone please correct me):

Fox:- Well you only pretty much look for Uthrow at around 30 - 40 and can chain grab to about 100 - 110 I believe. Theres no need to JC the grab while chain grabbing also, as her dash grab comes out at the same time, When your done with the chain grab you should finish it with a nair most likely or fthrow if your close to the boundary

Falco:- Its pretty much the same as Fox, But withh different percent with which I am not too sure of

Sheik:- Well personally I like to go with Uthrow at low percent and possibly combo from it. I think she can be chain grabbed with Dthrow but Im not too sure at what percentage, I think its 80 - 90, But Im not too sure with Sheik, Dont play enough of em

Marth:- I would from 0 - 40 probably dthrow to dsmash or tech chase accordingly, I think some percent between 40 - 50 you can chain grab once with the dthrow. Dont forget ypu can uthrow floaties and Uir and work your way from there

Peach:- Well all I know is that you chain grab between 30 - 40 I think, And that all Iknow I think, Dont like Peach dittoes

Hope that helped a bit

alcheato

Smash Ace
On flat stages You can chain-throw Fox and Falco from 25% or so with the uthrow -> dashgrab (don't JC!) and finish with a nice up-throw to n-air or w/e you feel like. You can dthrow to dsmash pretty much any of the characters you mentioned at low to mid damages if they don't DI correctly. Use some uthrow to n-air and follow up with w/e. Also bthrow -> float cancelled bair -> dsmash at mid damages is pretty sweet.

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
Against Marth, Sheik, Ganon, and some other characters uthrow at 20%-50% can lead to uair combos and stuff like that.

As you said, Fthrow/Bthrow to get them off the stage or to kill with Fthrow

Dthrow on Samus/Marth/Sheik/Ganon/Peach at high percentages (around 100%) can lead to a usmash kill if they dont DI quickly enough, or a nair

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Dthrow is so easily DIed due to that craptacular animation speed. Don't bother with it most of the time. Using it on some chars like Luigi gets you a kick in the face as well. I'd go with uthrow for a majority of high tier followed by w.e. aerial fits. Btw, Falco %s are same as Fox's and you can't chain throw any character with dthrow if they know what they're doing. And Jiggs is on the list of dthrow -> usmash/nair characters if they don't DI as well.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dthrow - tech chase games are pretty good when they don't have room to do a full tech roll away from you. Dthrow doesn't have to be DI'd wrongly to be effective.

Against floatied such as other Peaches, a DI'd dthrow will still allow for a dash attack to connect at most percentages. That's still more damage than a throw by itself.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
i use all the throws with different intentions.

bthrow is for damage sometimes; more often just to get someone off the edge.

fthrow is a quick grab and throw and hope they don't DI in time (wont work against good people.) You can pretend to CG at lower percents with it, or as a kill move if you find nothing else before 160%.

uthrow is for comboing FFers (i dont CG), or vs midweights (sheik roy ganon etc) i either immediately try for a followup uair, or I bait out the second jump and THEN uair combo them forever. Generally after uthrow i run underneath their DI and wait for the second jump.

dthrow is to see if they know how to DI it right. If not then you can have a lot of fun. Otherwise the best you get off dthrows are random dash attack followups vs some floaties, or just tech chases.

<><

Kman25

Smash Ace
Well I didnt wanna start a new thread on grabs but what kinda ways can we actually get the grab on the opponent?

Cos I know bair to grab, dair to grab, Dash attack on a fast faller to a grab.

Are there any other ways besides that?

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
jab to grab doesn't work anyways.

The opponent can jab you back or spot/airdodge out of the way. if they CC it yes you get owned.

But combos aren't about "real/inescapable" comboing (unless you're a FFer >_<). It's about doing what works at that moment.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so if the fastfaller di's off the edge can you follow up with like a fair off the edge or something? just wondering..i don't play or play against peaches much

so i'm not sure what happens..i'm not even sure as a fastfaller whether i should be diing towards the edge or staying near the center so that i can maybe survive the final upthrow to nair or fthrow

Top Bottom