• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Az. East Valley Biweekly: The Dawn of Light

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hello everyone! Feels good to be back with some fresh new videos. This time I tried my hand at putting them to music, and a decent variety might I say myself. Let me know how you think it went and if it's worth doing again. Happy watching!

Singles

Light (Peach) Vs Butters (Falco) Rd 1 Set 1 -- YouTube
Light (Peach) Vs Butters (Falco) Rd 2 Set 1 -- YouTube
Light (Peach) Vs Butters (Fox) Rd 3 Set 1 ---- YouTube

Light (Peach) Vs Butters (Falco) Rd 1 Set 2 --- YouTube
Light (Peach) Vs Butters (Fox) Rd 2 Set 2 ----- YouTube
Light (Peach) Vs Butters (Fox) Rd 3 Set 2 ----- YouTube

Hanki (YLink) Vs Light (Peach) Rd 1 --------- YouTube
Hanki (YLink) Vs Light (Peach) Rd 2 --------- YouTube
Hanki (YLink) Vs Light (Peach) Rd 3 --------- YouTube

Hanki (Fox) Vs Butters (Falco) Rd 1 --------- YouTube
Hanki (Fox) Vs Butters (Falco) Rd 2 --------- YouTube
Hanki (Fox) Vs Butters (Falco) Rd 3 --------- YouTube

Hanki (YLink) Vs B (Marth) Rd 1 ------------- YouTube
Hanki (YLink) Vs B (Marth) Rd 2 ------------- YouTube
Hanki (YLink) Vs B (Marth) Rd 3 ------------- YouTube

Butters (Fox) Vs Dark (Sheik) Rd 1---------- YouTube
Butters (Fox) Vs Dark (Sheik) Rd 2 --------- YouTube
Butters (Fox) Vs Dark (Sheik) Rd 3---------- YouTube

Omar (Sheik) Vs Dark (Sheik) Rd 1 --------- YouTube
Omar (Sheik) Vs Dark (Sheik) Rd 2 --------- YouTube

Omar (Sheik) Vs Scott (Dr.Mario) Rd 1 ------ YouTube
Omar (Sheik) Vs Scott (Dr.Mario) Rd 2 ------ YouTube

Omar (Sheik) Vs Hanki (YLink) Rd 1 --------- YouTube
Omar (Sheik) Vs Hanki (YLink) Rd 2 --------- YouTube
Omar (Sheik) Vs Hanki (YLink) Rd 3 --------- YouTube

Omar (Sheik) Vs Light (Peach) Rd 2 --------- YouTube
Omar (Sheik) Vs Light (Peach) Rd 3 --------- YouTube

Shiv (Fox) Vs Light (Peach) Rd 1 ------------- YouTube
Shiv (Fox) Vs Light (Peach) Rd 2 ------------- YouTube

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh? Okay then, thanks. Will edit right away.

There's also a set between a Young Link and a Link I have. The young link has Omar's tag on it, but I don't know if it was him, or who the other was.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
nice vids so far except i dont really care for the old NES music... doesnt match really match with the fights
still waiting for my fight against omar... :(

D1

Banned via Administration
So Light beat Omar in the finals?

That was an intense Shiek v. Peach set...good sh** from both sides!

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Thanks G-Mo. Nice uploads on vids as well. BTW what happened to Match 1 on Omar and myself fight? >_<

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
It didn't get recorded. :( The tape ran out if you remember. I have only about 1 stock of the match.

What are everyone's impressions about the music? Good? Annoying? Rather have the game's sound effects?

(Aside: Alicia is having way too much fun w/ DK Country on the VC... good times)

BloodOfTheFallen

Smash Journeyman
o.o Too good lol. Those were some intense matches. Thanks to AltF4Warrior for uploading them. Music was fun btw. =D

Butters: We don't have any recorded matches or anything, but we played in a few friendlies. I noticed that as fox, you like to run and jump over and past your opponent. This may be fairly safe, in terms of avoiding hits, or striking quickly and then moving around, but during our matches, I didn't see it as very effective. Once I picked up on your tendency to move like this, I just tried to get right in front of you where I figured you'd probably try to move up and over me, or away. You seemed vulnerable when I did this. I don't know...I could be wrong, but I just thought I'd mention it. If you ever get the chance to practice with Sean, have him play his fox or something, and see if there's anything of value to learn (which I'm sure there is; his fox was messing me up in friendlies, and he doesn't even play fox :( lol).

Hm Hanki's young link is really fast. I gotta' remember that YL is too dangerous in the right hands next time I face him. x.x It was close.

Dark, like I was saying to Forward, your sheik is coming along well. I can definitely see the payoff of your practice sessions with Sean. Reminds me of my sheik in certain ways, but one thing you might want to be cautious of (as it has cost me multiple losses and unnecessary risks in past matches) is your needle usage from a distance. Like you pointed out to me at the bi-weekly, and as I noted from watching these matches, I often found the opportunity to run low under the needle angle and take advantage of your landing lag/vulnerability. This is something that I have done numerous times in the past, and foolishly, I did not correct this error for some time; many opponents countinued (and still continue) to punish this mistake. In dittos, it is especially costly...I recall many times fighting DSF where he has recognized this chance to attack and has done so successfully about 95% of the time. So yeah, other than that, your sheik is pretty solid. I think I was going to make a note on how you should experiment and play with certain edgeguarding possibilities a little more. I think I recall a couple times where you threw me off the edge but didn't follow up with anything, which allowed me to return to the edge (my favorite place =D) without punishment. Other than that, I can't really think of too much that's immediately apparent... I mean, just try to minimize excessive motion. Fast movement is good because it keeps your brain and your fingers moving, and it keeps your opponent watching what you're doing, which is better than having them trying to think of ways to attack next. It keeps them on their toes. But higher level players who are very skilled in recognizing the perfect opportunities to attack can sometimes hit you right out of something that on the surface might seem tricky (like dash dancing with wavedashes, etc.) It's happened to me before, so yeah, thought it was worth noting. Keep up the good work man. o.o

Light: AGHHHHHH what can I say, lol, no tips for you. You took me out from the entire tourney. >/ Lol nah but for real, excellent work. You've come a long way, even just from the short time it's been since we last played...AzONE in early January? Sheesh, hardly a month ago, and with just that little amount of time passing, I can already say that I don't know too many peaches who know that matchup as well as you do. At first when you were beating me in winners, I was like "this is ridiculous, there has to be an explanation for why I'm losing..." I assumed you were getting lucky with certain hits, so I tried to be more blunt about my attacks, doing things that novice players would fall for...for instance, attacking randomly, or at times when some players might get hit easily...all that this resulted in was me getting beat worse. Fast forwarding to the last match of losers bracket, I realized that I was really doing something wrong, and that I had to change the way I fought if there was any hope in winning. The last couple stocks of the fight, you might notice a change in my style to one that was more effective and successful in doing damage, because I changed my attack pattern. But by then, it was too late. I can honestly say that I haven't been this happy to watch matches of me losing in a long time lol. It's a learning experience for me...and I'm more than just a little frustrated to see some familiar patterns in the ways that I was getting hit or punished the worst...things that I've seen numerous times from other matches that I've lost vs. peach players...have you been studying Edreese videos by any chance? Perhaps those from AZOne? -_- Lol, anyways, on that note, I've discovered some of my most crucial errors, and I'll be keeping them in mind next time we fight...not to mention I'll have my own controller, so I'll be able to punish laggy d-smashes a little better via wavedash from shield, or something along those lines. I'm definitely looking forward to our next match. Keep up the great work.

MAnnnnnnnnnn Phoenix/Mesa/Tempe whereever the hell you guys live LOL everyone's getting way too good. It's ridiculous. AZ has some serious talent. I only wish I lived closer so that I could be a more vital part of the community, and train with everyone. It's a shame...but alas...lol. There's a possibility I'll be moving to phoenix, I suppose. If I can't get back to California, chances are I'm not gonna' stay in Flagstaff, because, to be perfectly honest...I hate this town. =/ I've met hardly any people with whom I share similiar interests, and it's just a really lame situation. I feel very detached from my most cherished passions and my favorite hobbies. So yeah, maybe we'll see a change in residence for Omar soon enough ;)

Even though Forward and Rob are moving...how freakin' lame...-_-

But yeah, to everyone in the phoenix area, keep up the work. Keep practicing, and since Forward is moving, someone should really make an effort to get some bi-weeklies going. I think it's crucial to competitive growth, considering people generally play most intensely during tournament.

A shame I couldn't stay longer. I was really pressed for time...it's a wonder I made it to the bus station at all. I shouldn't have played my match with Light; I should've left promptly at 4 pm, but whatever. I'm glad I stayed. I learned a thing or two. =\

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Oh my, that set with Light and Omar was incredible. Great stuff again AltF4.

EDIT: I just read Omar's last post and I want to commend him on how much of a great player he is. Especially giving props where they were due and examining his own game really impressed me. I hope you can move out here man. You would be an excellent player to have around here to play with.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
But yeah, to everyone in the phoenix area, keep up the work. Keep practicing, and since Forward is moving, someone should really make an effort to get some bi-weeklies going. I think it's crucial to competitive growth, considering people generally play most intensely during tournament.

=\
I have made that effort, but lately, no one is showing. :urg: Maybe when I get some actual tournaments going instead of SmashFests, people will show up. Anyway, good **** everybody, and Phoenix IS too good. God bless us, every one. Except the Jews. Just kidding.

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
bloodofthefallen said:
If you ever get the chance to practice with Sean, have him play his fox or something, and see if there's anything of value to learn
Done and Done:)

Top Bottom