• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSA and CCX Present: SSB64 Tournament - Primal Smash - Sun April 8, 2007

Sensei

Smash Lord

1220 Hamburg Turnpike
Wayne, NJ 07470
973-709-0075 (Ask for Chris/Angel)

Bus Information
:
You can take the bus from the Port Authority and head down to the Willowbrook Mall/Park. I can make personal trips to pick you guys up from there. The bus #s that take that route would be 193 194 and 197. I think 195 might be one of them also. If you're coming from somewhere else, just take that bus to the Willowbrook Mall/Park, but the Bus # might be different.

It would be helpful if you could all be at the Mall before 12:30 PM if you plan on taking the bus. I believe that the last train to leave the Port Authority and arrive at the mall before 12:30 PM would be 11:00 AM on bus 197 and it would arrive at the mall by 11:30 AM. If anybody is planning on taking the bus let me know in this thread so I can have an estimate on how many people will fit in my car and how many trips I need to make. If you need to contact me, call the store first and if you cant reach me there, call my Cell at 973-476-4217.

Entry Fee:
1v1 $15
2v2 $20 per team

Prizes: (40% of the prizes will go to the store, the rest given to the players in the following percentages)

Singles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

Doubles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

Date: Sunday April 8, 2007
Registration Begins at 11 AM
Tournament Starts: 12:30 PM!
Doubles first
15 Min break
Then Singles
Tournament ends ~ 6PM!

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
Since this tournament is on Easter Sunday, the store is basically opening up just for us. So we have to finish up quickly with no nonsense. If I see you playing a friendly on a tournament TV, I am going to Kick you off. If I see you doing it again, you will be disqualified without refund! I plan on finishing this around 6 PM, so if you are late, you will be charged a $5 late fee. So get here before 12:30 for teams! You will pay a $5 late fee for singles as well if you arrive after the brackets have been made.

Tournament Rules

•Double Elimination
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•5 stock, 10 min Time limit
•Team Attack On
•No excessively STALLING a match! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stopped with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match.
•Ties broken by lives/percentage
•Items OFF

•Stages/Characters:
••Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Saffron City, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.
••If a player plays Ness, he may demand a repick if Saffron City is selected as a random stage, however if the opponent is the loser he has the right it counter-pick Saffron City.
••All other stages banned
••First round stage is random unless players can agree upon a stage
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go to random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind may be called in the first match

--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.
--You can buy a brand new first party controller here or you can try and find a new or used controller at your local game stores or Ebay.

*Both sets of rules are subject to change at ANYTIME

If you have noticed, I took out Dave's Stupid Rule for this tournament because there are not enough stages for that.

Also, please try to help us out and bring setups! N64, SSB64 cartridge, VCR, extra controllers etc... We have enough TVs, so you don't have to bring any TVs! This will help our tournament run a lot smoother. Thanks!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Since I've been getting good on Kaillera I really want to go to this. I need to learn how to play with a controller though:laugh:

By the way, Sensei, we've like never played a 1v1 match on Kaillera. I think you are the only good player besides Dark Link that I've never had matches with. We gotta play sometime!

KESHIKI

Smash Cadet
I think I can go~.

btw I am still wating for the singles vids from the last tournament :p

malva00

Smash Master
then I guess there won't be any vids from this tourny as well no point in going WEEEEEEE lol I hate that when people go WEEEEEEE pretty weird

Sensei

Smash Lord
Excessive stalling means avoiding your opponent for an unreasonable amount of time, usually to win by higher stocks/percentage when the timer runs out.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
yo sensei
can you tell us approximately when the 1v1 will start?
Last time, a bunch of us were there just for 1v1 and ended up waiting till like 5/6 o clock
and you lost like 5 of us for the tourney

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
Who said there won't be any vids? I might record the finals, idk if I'll upload them xP
If anything, laziness must be rewarded.
If vids arent uploaded, they dont exist anyway. And penalized i said. xD

Sensei

Smash Lord
yo sensei
can you tell us approximately when the 1v1 will start?
Last time, a bunch of us were there just for 1v1 and ended up waiting till like 5/6 o clock
and you lost like 5 of us for the tourney
Yea sorry about that, last time we were waiting on people until we started the team tournament. However, this time we won't wait and we will start teams promptly at 12:30 PM. After teams are finished, there will be a 15 - 30 min break until singles start. So if I have enough setups and everything goes smoothly, we should start singles around 4 - 4:30 PM.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'll be there along with valoem. we'll try to convince mehran to attend, but who knows? he's such a phantom it'll be hard to bring him.

Mura

Smash Apprentice
Yes whaahppned. >_>

You really quit smash. And my Link's clothing is red. <_<

Hopefully, I'll be able to go this time around. XD. Parents = irksome. x.x

Mura

Smash Apprentice
Sadly, that comment will probably set off a chain reaction of my parents calling the police about a child molestor.

xD

Moocow007

Smash Ace
if i can get a guaranteed ride before the first week of april, i can go.
(this is the part where people offer me rides)

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
moocow, i can give you a ride. will you really come this time, man? sensei's tournaments are always a whole bunch of fun. just pm me your address so i know how much time i need to leave in advance and if you want to make it to the tournament in time for teams or just singles.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
hmm i'll go for teams + singles. even if i don't team with anyone it'll be fun to watch. and i'm sure i'm going this time since it was too short notice to request off from work the other times. I'll send you my info in a PM

holy_pyro

Smash Cadet
seeing how it will take me 7 hours to get there (excluding traffic) i doubt i can make it.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Can't host it on a Saturday, sorry. Venue won't allow it unless I'm guaranteed at least 32 people. Also, it makes it very difficult for me on Saturday because of work.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
I have a few questions.

1) Food. Any places around where we can grab something to eat? Or will there be stuff served?
2) What's the expected turnout?
This one's a personal question for megavolt - 3) would you be able to take Bawk, too? he'll be at my house so you won't have to drive any more out of the way to get him as long as you have room in the car.

Sensei

Smash Lord
The venue is at a Plaza where you can find places to eat nearby, such as, Chinese food, pizza, Outback Steakhouse etc.... CCX also provides some chips, drinks, microvable food and stuff.

Usually my tournaments get around 16 people.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I Wish I Could Go. But I Live In Missouri And Dont Have A Ride. Also Im Used To A GCN Controller. N64 Controller's Were Designed By A 3 Year Old. WHO HAS 3 HANDS O_o Anyways Good Luck. And Plz Record The Final's. I Liked The Dark Link With (Some One Forgot T_T) Vs Sensei And Crazy Kirby. Upload Plz!

CyrusTheGreat

Smash Cadet
Can anyone give me directions to sensei's place? I live in Manhattan and am very new to new york.

Which train do I take or just how do I get there? I live right next to Union Square.
Also, if anyone lives around the area or is going through the area, if you're cool with it, I could meet up with you. Thanks

Sensei

Smash Lord
Cyrus, the tournament isn't taking place at my house. It's held at a LAN Center/Internet Cafe called CyberConXion. If you follow the bus information on the first post I should be able to pick you up at the Mall.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
I just requested the weekend off from work today.

Barnyard Buddies are making a 100% appearence, and everyone will get to see our team t-shirts!

Moocow007

Smash Ace
ALL MEMBERS?!?!? even like..meowkitty?
lol no, I don't even know who all the members are anymore. When I said Barnyard Buddies, I meant like...a team of us, kind of like how other crews use the whole crews name for team sign-ups.

Although, it would be cool if Meow went...

MattNF

Smash Lord
Since I've been getting good on Kaillera I really want to go to this. I need to learn how to play with a controller though:laugh:
Same here lol. I've been using the keyboard forever so I would suck with an N64 controller. I would come to this if you had some kind of keyboard-to-N64 controller adapter :p

Top Bottom