• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TransCanada Tournament ~ EC vs WC June 30th - Largest Tournament in CDN history!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
TRANSCANADA TOURNAMENT! - EC vs WC! "Time to hand out some punishment!"

Thanks to Fogel and Chesterr01 for I copied most of the thread format, I will edit it later.

Okay, Registration: http://transcan.lanowen.com/

Read the frist page on that site.

This is my first time doing this, so if there is anything that goes wrong or is gay or something quickly let me know please.

Just shooting some numbers off here, prices will probably be:
Singles: $15 CAD
Doubles $20 CAD
Crews: $40 CAD

My contacts, if you need information that is not included here, or you see that will not be included (do not message me questions about stuff I am going to add later), or other suggestions and crap:

MSN: Lup_didoo@hotmail.com

Or you can pm me, but messaging is more efficient and understandable in case of miscommunication.

Green stuff are important informations.
Red is announcements. READ THEM.

Date:
Saturday, June 30th, 2007 to Sunday July 1st.

2165 Breezy Brae Drive
Mississauga, ON
L4Y1N3

*Pearson in the nearest airport, it is actually IN Mississauga*

The tournament itself will be held in the Gym, and the gym only I presume.

Schedule:
First day:
Regular crews, followed by teams, and then low tier.
Second day:Singles pools, EC vs WC, then singles (32 man bracket).

Time: 11:00am-9:00pm BOTH DAYS, come to the school at 11:00 the earliest, I will not be there earlier.

Equipment: To ensure the tournament finishes on time, please bring TVs, Gamecubes, and power cabling such as extension cords and power bars. The more setups we have, the faster things will go. Please hold on posting if you can bring anything.

Housing:
Lanowen (~10 people):
Fogel
Vwins
Jih
Bam
Damax
Thatguy
WarrenThad
Zen +crew (3 ppls?)

Marco/Jagg (limit unknown):
pkmvodka
Kage
Testrider
chesterr02 (yomg)

Tournament rules (the ruleset so good, STYD just copy+pastes it):

General:
- Bring your own controller, or ensure someone is bringing one for you. Tournament staff are not resposible for providing extra controllers.
- Good behaviour is expected; we don't want to get kicked out of the church. In particular, do not damage any church or tournament participant's belongings, and do not make a lot of noise (there will be people other than us using the church during tournament hours, we don't want to get reported). If tournament staff deems that you are causing trouble in this fashion, you will be kicked out of the tournament without refund.
- Controllers: see MLG rules (no modifications aside from cosmetic changes, no programmed buttons)
- No pausing during a match unless there is a good reason. If you pause repeatedly for no good reason, you may forfeit that match at the discretion of tournament staff.
- No infinite stall/freeze glitches (ie: Peach's Wallbombing, Jigglypuff's rising pound, Ice Climber freeze glitch, etc). If you use these in a match, you forfeit that match. If one of these tactics is used on you for the purpose of stalling the

match, pause the game and call for tournament staff.
- Once a match has been announced, it must be started within 5 minutes. If one or more of the participants does not show up within the 5 minutes, they forfeit the match. This applies to both singles and doubles.
- Prizes: Singles and Doubles: 65/25/10 split for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
The room costs money to rent, so the total pot amount will be entry fees minus the room rental cost ($20/d?).

Match rules:

- All matches are 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
- Doubles-specific: Team attack ON, life stealing allowed
- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage
- Stage Knock-out: Each player (or team, in teams) may choose to eliminate one of the legal stages (neutral OR counterpick) to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
- Double blind pick may be called at any time (the only time this is useful is, before players choose their first initial character, before the first game starts).
- Neutral stages: Fountain of Dreams (BANNED in teams), Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium
- Counterpick stages: Any neutral stage, plus Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute City, Poke Floats, Donkey Kong 64
- Any other stage is BANNED in both singles and doubles

Regional Crews rosters:

EC
Captain: Chesterr01

WC

Captain: xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Transit:

Mississauga trip planner!

Remember, Express busses don't make stops, do don't really want to get onto one!

Ask the bus driver where these stops are, and if you are on the right bus! Don't make a mistake that can cost you being late and whatnot!

Any questions? Just ask me.

Mississauga Transit from SQUARE ONE
1.Take NUMBER 8 Bus. It should go SOUTH to PORT CREDIT GO STATION.
2.Get at stop #0762 on CAWTHRA RD at MELTON DR. It should be just after the QEW E. Ask the Busdriver to make sure.

This is the directions from the intersection of the QEW E and Cawthra. You will have to walk the rest of the way.
3.Go SOUTH on CAWTHRA RD.
4.Take a left onto MELTON DR.
5.Take your FIRST RIGHT onto BARLETT LN.
6.Take a LEFT onto KARCOURT CRES.
7.Go right around the bend.
8.Take a LEFT onto DUCHESS DR.
9.Go straight, you should see the school straight ahead.

TTC
From Sherway Gardens:(I don't know how to get there VIA TTC).
1.You should be able to take the NUMBER 4 Mississauga Transit bus from there going West TOWARD Westdale Mall. (stop #9058)
2.Get off at stop #0413 on NORTH SERVICE RD at REDAN DR. (using Mississauga click'n'ride trip planner)
3.Go North on REDAN DR., and go left around the BEND, onto WHITNEY DR.
4.Take your FIRST RIGHT onto BREEZY BRAE DR. and go STRAIGHT.
5.You should see the school on your right after approx 100 Metres.

From Subway Station, ISLINGTON:
1.Get onto Mississauga Transit bus NUMBER 3 WESTBOUND.
2.Make sure to get a bus Transfer!
3.25 minutes, get off at stop #2268 on BLOOR ST at CAWTHRA RD.
4. Walk to intersection BLOOR/CAWTHRA.
5.Find bus stop going SOUTH on CAWTHRA.
6. Get onto bus NUMBER 8 going SOUTH.
7.Get at stop #0762 on CAWTHRA RD at MELTON DR. It should be just after the QEW E. Ask the Busdriver to make sure.

This is the directions from the intersection of the QEW E and Cawthra. You will have to walk the rest of the way.
8.Go SOUTH on CAWTHRA RD.
9.Take a left onto MELTON DR.
10.Take your FIRST RIGHT onto BARLETT LN.
11.Take a LEFT onto KARCOURT CRES.
12.Go right around the bend.
13.Take a LEFT onto DUCHESS DR.
14.Go straight, you should see the school straight ahead.

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
**** your fast... guess il take 4th post and first page =/, keep us updated andy

Yoshi King

Smash Cadet
NNID
YoshiKing8
I'm slightly confused about the tournament... specifics, but I saw Mississauga, so I'm going to sign up. Hope it turns out well.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
I'm looking forward to going to this... IN ****ING JUNE!!! This thread is just a big tease Andy... Kinda like you. You fox. Where am I going with this?

Fogel

Smash Lord
I'm looking forward to going to this... IN ****ING JUNE!!! This thread is just a big tease Andy... Kinda like you. You fox. Where am I going with this?
The reason Andy put this up so early, is because it's important for the WCers to know the date as early as possible. Plane tickets are cheaper the further in advance you buy them.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Ok.. I will ****ing make this. I shall tell my Mom that this tourney will be held In Toronto downtown since i can't go to missisauga but ill tell my mom its in downtown :p:p:p but i will tell her. I guess ill just be there to play people.. for two days! :p iam not sure if i can house anyone..

NB$

Smash Cadet
WOW! theres going to be a ec vs wc finally.... but i don't know if I can come because i got no ride there... and my mom might say i can't go cause it's too far(i am only 13) and for sure i can't house anyone cause i live to far from mississauga.... i have to figure this out, but for sure this is going to be live, but if i can go i will probably be there to play in friendly matches.. :p thats how cheesy i am

:p iam not sure if i can house anyone..
Of course you can't... it says right on my name where i live... :p

tect

Smash Journeyman
WEE HOOZE i'll be there!!

QQ no jarc~~~ OMG /emo strike me down o cruel overlord!!

we need a few more tourneys and smashfests in EC to sharpen up. and bam, come back.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
..Canada day? =(
Gosh, who celebrates Canada Day religiously? ffs. Brian, set your priorities straight, here I'll help you.
1- chesterr01
2- looking good
3- food
4- smelling good
4755- canada day

That should put you on the right way.
we need a few more tourneys and smashfests in EC to sharpen up. and bam, come back.
Who wants to do a tournament on March 31st? >_> no seriously, I can't find a room, and I don't feel like planning this one. =/

EDIT: Me as captain? It's not like I'll do anything, so I guess I can be captain.

Locke)

Smash Ace
Convince them to let us sleep in the gym over night. We could be the first tournament to have like..a dodgeball event =D =D.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
From what I know, everything is all right. They are alright with the stuff we are doing, the dates, the times.

The only thing I do not know right now, is the price of the room, which really is not a problem right now.

tect

Smash Journeyman
.chet

i'll have "stuff" for you this time... Baby

johnnnyyyy you must somehow convince everyone that you're dead and then sneak to
mississauga in your casket. jarc = krunkfest

100th post!!!!one!SHIFTONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom