• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CT3 Edmonton Alberta, Canada May 5 2007

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Carl's Tournament #3

The third installment of a well-run tournament in Edmonton will be hosted at the same venue as the previous tournaments, and Players from all over Canada are welcome to attend. The venue is located at 6750-88th Street and is in the Argyll district, south of Bonnie Doon shopping centre but north of WP Wagner high school.

I will be running the tournament as well as participating, and as the time comes I may select a small amount of people to assist me in running the tournament smoothly. In the past, I have successfully completed 2 tournaments at this venue on time and smoothly and will try my best to continue that trend. You can contact me and get answers to any questions you may have through(Ordered by my likeliness to get back to you):
Smashboards PM
MSN: Carl_trautman(at)hotmail.com
E-mail: Carl_trautman(at)hotmail.com
Cell: 1-780-233-9852
AIM: FalseFalco

There is no cap on the number of participants and if you post in this thread clearly stating that you plan on attending then I will add you to this list of participants:

CONFIRMED
1.FalseFalco
2.Nitro-Blazer
3.lemonlau36
4.Stevo
5.=]
6.kithkin
7.Nihility
8.MagnuM
9.Gimpyfish62
10.FastFox
11.Treyhen
12.Randall00
13.Reese
14.Noobking
15.SHWN
16.Hitsugaya
17.Tyson
18.MikeMonkey
19.Dark_link_50
20.Evil-Ryu
21.Kennyoutragous
22.Rileyzor
23.Wilson
24.Kevin
25.Firexemblemxpryde
26.AJ
27.AJ's friend Dylan
28.Tyson's friend Henry
29.Tyson's friend David
30.Drew
31.Jarrod
32.Beeble
33.Ryan
34.Devin
35.Dan (Fort Sask)
36.Luis
37.Jack
38.John(Calgary)
39.MICH
40.Winston
41.Peter
42.Dominic
43.David
44.Henry
45.Ryan F.
46.Adam
47.Devon
48.Ross

UNCONFIRMED
Jarret
Corey?
Assorted Lethbridge players(? players)
Assorted Red Water players(1 player)
Rudy?
Lee?
Nate?
Ben?

The ideal tournament will have 46 players so far

If you are a gracious soul and are bringing a Gamecube, Memory card with all characters and levels unlocked, AV cables, power cables, and a SSBM game disc then your name will be added to this list of Gamecube donors:
1.FalseFalco

If you would like a smile and possibly a
bye through the first round
and are bringing a fully functional TV set, then your name will be added to this list:
1.FalseFalco 9"
2.FalseFalco 15"
3.FalseFalco 27"
4.Randall

I hope to see new faces at this tournament as well as travellers from the far lands of Red Deer, Calgary, West BC, Saskatchewan, and possibly the Manitoba crew. If you do not live in Edmonton and require housing for the weekend of the tournament, contact me and we will arrange something. Housing priority will not be on a 'first come first serve basis', but rather on a 'distance travelled' basis.

RULES
1. Dont be a ****tard
2. Drugs or alcohol at the venue=Ban
3. Destruction of venue property or other players property=Ban
4. Wobbling, Rising pounding, Wallbombing, Freeze glitch=Ban
5. No pausing
6. No controller slapping (LOL HYPOCRACY)
7. Respec

SSBM RULES
Pools
1 match
5 minute time limit
4 stock
Random neutral stage
Double blind pick
No pausing

Bracket
DOUBLE ELIMINATION
Best of 3 (Winners bracket finals, Losers bracket finals are best of 5)
4 stock
8 minute time limit
Daves stupid rule (You cant counterpick with a stage you have won on)
Advanced slob picks (After random match, Loser announces level, Winner character change, Loser character change)

Money matches are to be arranged on any of the friendly TV's available and must not interfere with any of your tournament matches.

-Carl

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Chances are I'll be there. I can bring a cube and game/mem. card/Necessary cables.

Levi, Brad. My Dad might be able to do the rides for the day, depending on my sibling status (He might bring them up so they can do nothing the whole day.) However, try to have a plan B in case my siblings do want to go to Edmonton for no reason whatsoever. Also, Levi and Brad, if you want to further discuss rides with me, do it on MSN instead of spamming up the thread.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be there.

As for housing, anyone is welcome to stay at my place. I can have 3 people stay here if need be. Even if someone from a closeby place (Red Deer, Calgary etc.) wants to stay for the weekend, you're welcome to.

You should start in losers bracket for your bull**** last tourney Carl...

You also failed to mention an approximate start time for the tourney.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
HOLY SH*T. Houseing Plz, wait wtf Alex is alive? I better read this stuff
Edit:
Levi and Brad, if you want to further discuss rides with me, do it on MSN instead of spamming up the thread.
lol, whoops.

Depending on room in Alex's vehicle, I may or may not be able to bring a tv.

MagnuM

Smash Ace
YEAH! CT3! That sounds pretty cool actually as an acronym. And "Carl's Tournament" is descriptive enough. These tournaments are always well run so he deserves to have the whole acronym named after him.

You know I'm coming. I can most likely bring a Cubical.

I think "The Eliminator" (Sid) should be banned from this tournament because he has the potential to make grown men cry by knocking them out of the tournament with his Pikachu. And you don't wanna see a grown man cry do you?

kithkin

Smash Champion
fine we'll put sid up against the younger ones then.

nobody doesnt find little kids hopes and dreams getting crushed funny.

if red deer comes put him up against them.

but i guess that isnt fair for the rest of us.

kithkin

Smash Champion
haha its a statement not a name.

and Nihility your sig made me laugh, mainly because its Fapypal, and you dont even need the first a

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Carl, you know what I'm good for. Gamecube, possibly a TV, depending on whether or not my dad'll let me bring one.

I can also help to organize stuff. We go through this a lot. Slap my name down, fool.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Mortal Konfirrrrrmed!!!!!!!!!!!

ProImpact.ca is practically up and running (*eats own foot while crossing fingers*) so I'll be able to get the tournament details and additional advertising up there for you. Plus even more thrilling features...stay tuned as the curtain is slowly unveiled. . . .

Nihility

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget Carl, I'm also able to supply anything you need but a tv. and tourney running help if needed, but I'd just as easily let you cover that yourself ;)

Nihility

Smash Journeyman
Sounds to me like Carl is just bitter about possibly being wobbled in the past? I agree though, I'd rather not lose by being gayed that hard, I prefer to have had the chance to have done something, but I just plain didn't do it..and stuff.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Well I saw it as pretty gamebreaking a couple years ago but I never thought someone would be gay and use it (or play IC's for that matter LOL).

I was wrong.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Nana's job is to smack you in the face with a hammer if you do get out.

I've learned this while playing Mich in friendlies.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Yeah wobbling is no matter, its the throw smashes, cause even if they did get a wobble in they could sneak in a bit then smash kill if in the right spot at whatever percentage you are at.

Nihility

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't mind if they wobble a little bit and use a finisher combo or whatever, but grab me at 0% and wobble me to death is not cool. Like, its cool to see, but..its not cool. Because its only cool to see once ;_;

kithkin

Smash Champion
fear the wet noodle aerials

ban all characters that arnt in drag, that'll even out my chances.

if i could beat stevo D:

Top Bottom