• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12 Character's To Rule Them All

clubbadubba

Smash Master
12 Characters to Rule Them All

Anybody who’s anybody knows that the true test of a smasher’s skill is the coveted 12 character battle. No other competition can test a player’s skill with all 12 characters, knowledge of all 78 matchups on the 4 legal stages, and overall ability to stare at a screen with complete focus for an hour. By the end of it, the eyes will sting, the forearms will be in excruciating pain from the excessive DI, and the thumbs will be sore, but the pride one feels from completing hard fought 12 character battle is more than enough compensation for the battle wounds. Step up and join the 12 character tournament, if you are brave enough!

Rules

[COLLAPSE="Hide"]Overview: Each player gets a total of 60 stocks, 5 for each character. The 1st player to lose all 60 stocks is eliminated.

Opening Stage: Before character selection, players will commence the stage striking system as described in the recommended rule set. The stage legalities from the recommended rule set apply.

Opening Characters: Players may either agree on an opening matchup, or if that is not doable, double blind picks may be called for.

In-game: Games will follow the format of the recommended rule set, i.e. 5 stock, no items, 100% damage, no handicap. If a player’s character has less than 5 stocks remaining at the start of the game, he must suicide his character until the stocks on screen matches the number of stocks remaining. Only stocks need to be kept track of, not damage!

After game: Once one player has lost all of the remaining stocks in a game, they are the “loser” for that round. The other player is the “winner.” The number of stocks lost for both the loser and winner should be recorded.

Loser has the option of changing stage.

1) If loser changes stage, then winner gets to change character, and then loser gets to pick his new character.
2) If loser doesn’t change stage, the winner must continue playing his previous character, and the loser gets to pick his new character.

Play continues like this until one player is completely out of characters.[/COLLAPSE]

Tournament Format:

Because of the length of matches, this tournament will be SINGLE ELIMINATION, and will be seeded in accordance with the current SBR system.

Sign-up:

Name: Clubbadubba

Entrants:

1) Clubbadubba
2) Channighan
3) Morino

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i can't not comment about that apostrophe

i have a niggling feeling there might be a way it's grammatically correct, but it looks so wrong

sorry, carry on

Channighan

Smash Ace
Ehhhhh.... should I? Sure why not..

Name: Channighan

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Wow who hacked into my swf account and put that atrocious apostrophe there? That's real messed up whoever did that.

More people need to join this, spread the word Channighan!

Olikus

Smash Champion
Its hard to find this because the competetive section is always blank on the activity side. So peopel dont see if its updated. You have to click in and check yourself! Remember 80 percent of forumuser are lazy. You should advertise more in the social thread or soemthing, and i bet more lads would join.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Its hard to find this because the competetive section is always blank on the activity side. So peopel dont see if its updated. You have to click in and check yourself! Remember 80 percent of forumuser are lazy. You should advertise more in the social thread or soemthing, and i bet more lads would join.
Yea I was going to do that eventually. Think it might be best to wait a bit until summer really kicks in. Plus Star King really wants to play :)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm thinking (hoping) that the lack of sign-ups is due to people being busy in spring and in reality everybody loves 12 character battles with all their heart

Top Bottom